PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia & Non-Restful Sleep - Help Appreciated!

DKnighten
03-28-2019, 06:38 PM
Hi Guys,

I've been dealing with PFS for about 5 months now since I took a single 1mg pill of Finasteride. Yes, a single 1mg pill. The same evening, I got horrible brain fog, memory loss, it basically felt like I was high and couldn't come down. It has now progressed into muscle wasting, loss of appetite, and it seems I have lost my ability to fall into deep sleep. It is very hard to fall asleep in general, as there is something in my brain that is blocking my body from resting. Once I am asleep, I wake up very frequently and once I wake, I can tell that I was in a very light sleep. Ultimately, when my alarm goes off and I have to go to work, it feels as though I've barely slept at all. Right now I am supplementing a 5mg melatonin with a bilayer - fast and extended release, chamomile tea, and my glycine and magnesium just came in the mail this week. Can any of you guys relate to this? Any suggestions for getting my sleep back?

Thanks,

Damon

Cdsnuts
03-28-2019, 06:46 PM
Hi Guys,

I've been dealing with PFS for about 5 months now since I took a single 1mg pill of Finasteride. Yes, a single 1mg pill. The same evening, I got horrible brain fog, memory loss, it basically felt like I was high and couldn't come down. It has now progressed into muscle wasting, loss of appetite, and it seems I have lost my ability to fall into deep sleep. It is very hard to fall asleep in general, as there is something in my brain that is blocking my body from resting. Once I am asleep, I wake up very frequently and once I wake, I can tell that I was in a very light sleep. Ultimately, when my alarm goes off and I have to go to work, it feels as though I've barely slept at all. Right now I am supplementing a 5mg melatonin with a bilayer - fast and extended release, chamomile tea, and my glycine and magnesium just came in the mail this week. Can any of you guys relate to this? Any suggestions for getting my sleep back?

Thanks,

Damon

It is one of the shitty symptoms that most PFS guys have, so yeah, most here can relate.

DKnighten
03-31-2019, 06:19 PM
CD, can there be backlash from supplementing magnesium and glycine for sleep? I know that they are naturally found in the body and are essential, but I just want to be extra careful when incorporating things. And I've been referencing the website quite a lot.

Cdsnuts
03-31-2019, 06:24 PM
CD, can there be backlash from supplementing magnesium and glycine for sleep? I know that they are naturally found in the body and are essential, but I just want to be extra careful when incorporating things. And I've been referencing the website quite a lot.

None that I have ever experienced or have ever heard of for that matter.

DKnighten
03-31-2019, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the response. Would you recommend adding a pre-bed snack to the mix? I've read that cheese and honey seems to help some. Just curious based off experience!

Cdsnuts
03-31-2019, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the response. Would you recommend adding a pre-bed snack to the mix? I've read that cheese and honey seems to help some. Just curious based off experience!

Eat whenever you are hungry. As long as your sticking to the recommended diet, you won't have to worry about calories. Eat until satisfied. Cheese and honey are fine. Seeing as honey is a carb, you want to keep that in mind unless you're backloading.

DKnighten
03-31-2019, 07:50 PM
I appreciate it man. I'm nowhere close to recovered, and I saw you started the carb backloading once you were already recovered mostly. So my diet after I come off the juice feast should steer clear away from most carbs, such as bananas and potatoes? I noticed no heavy-carb foods were listed in the protocol (unless carb backloading).

Thanks for the responses CD.

Cdsnuts
04-01-2019, 07:39 AM
I appreciate it man. I'm nowhere close to recovered, and I saw you started the carb backloading once you were already recovered mostly. So my diet after I come off the juice feast should steer clear away from most carbs, such as bananas and potatoes? I noticed no heavy-carb foods were listed in the protocol (unless carb backloading).

Thanks for the responses CD.

Go back and reread the site. All fruit and veggies are fair game. Complex carbs are used only while backloading at night.

DKnighten
04-01-2019, 05:55 PM
Thanks. Any news on when the unscented shampoo will be back in stock? I figured that would be safer than either the lavender or lemongrass; but if it isn't coming back in stock anytime soon, I'll have to make due with one of the others.

Maxout777
04-01-2019, 07:47 PM
Try glycine, albizia and blue vervine tincture before bed. It’s a nice good sleep buzz feeling.

jacknap
04-02-2019, 01:15 PM

The stuff that cd recommends for sleep are very safe. From the things he recommends ashwa, alibizia, l-theanine helped the most.

Some people found glycine a godsend. For me it didn't really do much. (even when doing like 30 grams)

DKnighten
04-02-2019, 05:32 PM
The stuff that cd recommends for sleep are very safe. From the things he recommends ashwa, alibizia, l-theanine helped the most.

Some people found glycine a godsend. For me it didn't really do much. (even when doing like 30 grams)

Thanks for the response. What about the guy who went to the hospital after using glycine and gelatin for a few months? I saw that post on here and he claims that it severely screwed him up right?

jacknap
04-02-2019, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the response. What about the guy who went to the hospital after using glycine and gelatin for a few months? I saw that post on here and he claims that it severely screwed him up right?

you're right I forgot about him. I didn't have adverse reaction but one thing you can do is start super small dose and work up to see if it even helps at all. Or if you want to be super safe abstain. I'm not sure and I hope he's okay.

Cdsnuts
04-03-2019, 12:59 PM

We really can't be sure that is what put him in the state he ended up in, or that he was doing everything the way it was supposed to be done. I've never heard of that happening to anyone else, ever. Doesn't mean it's not possible, just not likely.

When done as outlined, these things can and will only help, not hurt.

DKnighten
04-28-2019, 03:35 PM
For carb backloading, what are your carb sources of choice? Do I just implement the carbs which don't contain gluten, like oatmeal, sweet potatoes, bananas, yams, etc? It didn't specifically say on the site, and I understand that potatoes are largely considerend non-Paleo. Just wanted to be sure about this. Thanks.

jacknap
04-28-2019, 06:49 PM
I put a shitload of bone broth powder in my coffee past two days got some bruxism (feel great though) but shows that it's a pretty powerful food. can kinda feel it jack up my neurotransmitters (like 20 grams!)

DefRecover
04-28-2019, 07:01 PM
Bone broth + coffee... that would taste... interesting?!... How is your experience with bone broth powder generally (sans coffee)? Obviously it won’t be as good as preparing your own bone broth, but I have been thinking about adding it in as shortcut that still has gut healing properties. Worth trying?

Marquis
04-29-2019, 01:34 AM
For carb backloading, what are your carb sources of choice? Do I just implement the carbs which don't contain gluten, like oatmeal, sweet potatoes, bananas, yams, etc? It didn't specifically say on the site, and I understand that potatoes are largely considerend non-Paleo. Just wanted to be sure about this. Thanks.

Potatoes are only considered non-paleo due to the technicality that they were not widely eaten by Neolithic people, but they are generally considered a suitable food for those on a paleo diet as they’re nutrient dense and lack the anti-nutrients that put paleo-dieters off of many other carbohydrate sources. The only potential issue is that they’re a nightshade, but so are many other fruits and vegetables that fall under the paleo umbrella.

Oatmeal, on the other hand, as a grain, is not considered paleo.

xxaleksi
04-29-2019, 02:00 AM

I LOVE gluten free pasta when backloading lol. That and white rice are my two favorites

RickTheRuler
04-29-2019, 10:11 AM
When your further along in your journey, you can add in gluten free snacks for variety.. just the other day I had pasta & bread; then after I had gluten free chocolate chip cookies and dipped them in goats milk.. I backload HARD, stuff my face with all kinds of stuff.. Really good mentally, takes the pressure off yourself to just eat salads all the time, although I enjoy that as well..

Please Don’t do this cause it will turn into a cycle but you can sometimes get away with a cheat meal after workouts, not the best option but your body can use the sugars.. but stay on the straight & narrow... I’m just saying if you was to slip up, after a workout at night in your backloading time would be the lesser evil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdsnuts
04-29-2019, 02:58 PM

It does say on the site. Non-glutenous complex carbs including potatoes. Sums it up nicely.

- - - Updated - - -

When your further along in your journey, you can add in gluten free snacks for variety.. just the other day I had pasta & bread; then after I had gluten free chocolate chip cookies and dipped them in goats milk.. I backload HARD, stuff my face with all kinds of stuff.. Really good mentally, takes the pressure off yourself to just eat salads all the time, although I enjoy that as well..

Please Don’t do this cause it will turn into a cycle but you can sometimes get away with a cheat meal after workouts, not the best option but your body can use the sugars.. but stay on the straight & narrow... I’m just saying if you was to slip up, after a workout at night in your backloading time would be the lesser evil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to encourage this, but if and when you do cheat, the backloading window is definitely the time to do so. You may as well get some benefit out of it.

DKnighten
05-01-2019, 09:33 PM
Thank you for the input guys. Very helpful! Starting my Juice feast here shortly before PT school starts. Going to be hard as shit, and i'm going to lose the rest of the muscle on my body. I just pray that I'm able to build it back.

Cdsnuts
05-07-2019, 12:26 PM
Thank you for the input guys. Very helpful! Starting my Juice feast here shortly before PT school starts. Going to be hard as shit, and i'm going to lose the rest of the muscle on my body. I just pray that I'm able to build it back.

If you think it's going to be hard as shit then it's going to be. Try not to think in those terms. It is what you make it. Most guys are pleasantly surprised by how they feel on the feast. Stay positive. Always think of the positives, not the negative. You get to choose your mindset so you may as well choose in your favor. Not just for the feast, but for ALL in life.

No need for prayer here. It's simple science. The muscle you put back on will be of better quality and you'll be that much closer to being recovered. It's just a cleanse man. You're not going through chemo....

DKnighten
05-07-2019, 12:44 PM
What are good tips to avoid excess sugars during the juice feast? While researching it, I've read that if you add too many fruits, you essentially have a glass of fructose. Also, i've read that raw cabbage, kale, and collards can suppress thyroid function, and to avoid these while juicing if possible.

Cdsnuts
05-07-2019, 12:57 PM
What are good tips to avoid excess sugars during the juice feast? While researching it, I've read that if you add too many fruits, you essentially have a glass of fructose. Also, i've read that raw cabbage, kale, and collards can suppress thyroid function, and to avoid these while juicing if possible.

Dude....don't take this the wrong way, but you're making this harder then it has to be. As mentioned several times by several different people including myself.......follow......the.....protocol. Period.

The instructions are on the website. No more research needs to be done here. It has already been done for you. Every avenue has been approached, studied and settled on. The only thing you have to do, is do it.

Stop making things difficult for yourself and just let go and jump in with both feet.

There are no "excess sugars" to avoid. This is all you're going to be taking in during this time and you want every drop you can get.

DKnighten
05-07-2019, 01:13 PM
Understood. Thank you.