PDA

View Full Version : CARDIO! Your favorite

Rulk
12-04-2012, 02:53 AM
Cardio training sucks. If it did not, America would probably not have as high an obesity epidemic and on and on.. But, since we should be doing it, what is your favorite method to get the job done? Anything to spice it up perhaps- such as music? Watching a movie during? Share!

Lately I have been likeing the stairmaster more and more, and I have been jogging a little bit too, or is it called yogging, with a soft J?... But the jogging which I have hated all my life, I have been digging the challenge lately, especially as I can run a little longer every time I do it.

Other forms of cardio I like: Heavy Bag work.

weekend
12-04-2012, 04:35 AM
Rowing machine and swimming. Interval wise I do sprints.

- - - Updated - - -

Rowing machine and swimming. Interval wise I do sprints.

Rodja
12-04-2012, 07:49 AM
Most practical for me is walking my three dogs (the smallest one is 65lbs).

h2s
12-04-2012, 08:03 AM
I think my favorite form of cardio is obvious, and should be for anyone with a libido.

Outside of that, I actually am starting to enjoy running, of course it is getting cold, so I am sure that will fade by next summer (I hate running indoors).

BoneDaddy
12-04-2012, 09:29 AM
I think my favorite form of cardio is obvious, and should be for anyone with a libido.

This, fo sho.

I plan on implementing the 10x10s on a local football field here soon.....I'm sure I'll hate it.

DJM
12-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Most practical for me is walking my three dogs (the smallest one is 65lbs).

jesus, my biggest is 4.6lbs haha
breed?

for heart health, cause i think cardio is bogus if diet is good and training is solid, what hts said, and playing sports when i can, as all my friends and i coupled off its harder n harder, but baseball league and football have done the job......like weekend said too,swimming is awesome and doesnt even feel like work

Rodja
12-04-2012, 09:31 AM
jesus, my biggest is 4.6lbs haha
breed?

Chow/Husky
Lab/Husky
Mastiff mix

And we acquired a litter of kittens over the weekend that we found in our yard. There's never a dull moment in our house.

DJM
12-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Chow/Husky
Lab/Husky
Mastiff mix

And we acquired a litter of kittens over the weekend that we found in our yard. There's never a dull moment in our house.

just liked you a ton more, any animal lover im cool with (hts i know).....my brother has a chow/akita, beautiful, an ex had a mastiff, incredible dog, so docile tho.......nice group......im a cat man tho, younger apt years had 3 until met wifey and allergies forced me to give them to family.....paid 10$ to get in a cage with 2 4mos old tigers in mexico, fkn dream

mine teacup poodles, and yes i fkn walk them

Rodja
12-04-2012, 09:40 AM
just liked you a ton more, any animal lover im cool with (hts i know).....my brother has a chow/akita, beautiful, an ex had a mastiff, incredible dog, so docile tho.......nice group......im a cat man tho, younger apt years had 3 until met wifey and allergies forced me to give them to family.....paid 10$ to get in a cage with 2 4mos old tigers in mexico, fkn dream

The Mastiff is a big baby and is extremely docile. He's the only one we allow around the kittens right now as he's been around them before. The other two, on the other hand, are much more rambunctious and will slowly be introduced to them.

h2s
12-04-2012, 09:46 AM

The tiger visit had to be pretty damn awesome.

DJM
12-04-2012, 09:50 AM
The tiger visit had to be pretty damn awesome.

trumped by swimming with dolphins and sharks tho , another time one guy took us out in a tiny boat, 2hrs into the pacific (the jelly fish negated any jumping in), saw dolphins in the wild, 5hr trip in all, $65 us man lol......up here, a dog sled ride, 30min, $400cad
its amazing the stuff you can do in certain places, and up here in can/us fkn petting a pit bull is deemed dangerous

Post pics of your pets!!! (http://www.swolesource.com/forum/general-discussion/375-post-pics-your-pets.html#post4150)

BoneDaddy
12-04-2012, 10:15 AM
trumped by swimming with dolphins and sharks tho , another time one guy took us out in a tiny boat, 2hrs into the pacific (the jelly fish negated any jumping in), saw dolphins in the wild, 5hr trip in all, $65 us man lol......up here, a dog sled ride, 30min, $400cad
its amazing the stuff you can do in certain places, and up here in can/us fkn petting a pit bull is deemed dangerous

Post pics of your pets!!! (http://www.swolesource.com/forum/general-discussion/375-post-pics-your-pets.html#post4150)

I absolutely hate the negativity towards pit bulls. Our current pit is the sweetest f'ing dog I've ever owned, and that's saying a lot.

longBallLima
12-04-2012, 11:03 AM
I absolutely hate the negativity towards pit bulls. Our current pit is the sweetest f'ing dog I've ever owned, and that's saying a lot.

yah, we have staffies, which are under the pit umbrella term. they are sweet as shit and one of them is my wife's service dog. some pit breeds are fukkin insane though.

Mr_math
12-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Cardio: usual interval stuff with big tires, farmers, yoke, prowler.

Used to love running. I could find some mental peace on 6+ mile run out in the woods. I'm sure I could get back into it, but I doubt it will Happen.

Freepressright
12-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Sex, 3x per day is my cardio. I absolutely hate running. It beats the hell out of your joints and too much of it runs down your testosterone and ability to recover.

BBG
12-04-2012, 02:14 PM
100 meter sprint intervals. Sprint 100, walk 100, sprint 100, walk 100. Keep going until you're done. You'll know when you're done.

Edit: Oh I thought this was "what's your most horrible cardio experience". My bad.

pitboss
12-04-2012, 03:58 PM
I do this crazy work out I picked up off of crossfit ( I know, I know ) but I love it for some reason. Walk .10 mile, sprint .10 mile on treadmill 4% incline, immediately to leg press 15 reps moderate weight, drink of water, repeat 8-10 times. It kills.

Cobalt
12-04-2012, 04:11 PM

That would have to be one of the funniest things in the world to see. Huge DJ all cut and intimidating looking with a small toy dog on a leash.

As far as cardio is concerned, I hate the thought of it... aside from sex.

BUT, I've come to realize that it is doable if I take one of my huge books and study while on an elliptical. I just HATE getting sweat on my pages.

Sorrow
12-04-2012, 07:31 PM
yep, sex.
Other then that, Elliptical machine as it's not to bad on my knee. Or walking my dog. He tends to keep the walks fast paced so I count them.

On a side note I love pitt's. I have known so many of them and they can be amazing companions! However because of the completely stupid laws, neighborhood bylaws, and general misconceptions I had to pass on adopting one. However that said I also grew up with a husky, and rottweiler, so having a husky now is just kind of second nature to me.

burlyman30
12-04-2012, 07:34 PM
As far as cardio is concerned, I hate the thought of it... aside from sex.

Can't be considered cardio if it only lasts two minutes. Sorry. :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Cobalt
12-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Can't be considered cardio if it only lasts two minutes. Sorry. :(

I have to go for at least 4 minutes, right?

burlyman30
12-04-2012, 09:28 PM
I have to go for at least 4 minutes, right?

Can't include time for nap.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Scope75
12-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Hill sprints are by far my favorite type of cardio and adding them to my routine always leans me out and just changes the way my body looks.
I also like doing tire flips and when I do use a treadmill its at max incline and 4 mph.

xxiv
12-05-2012, 08:57 AM
I am limbering up for a tire flipping session right now.
You know its good cardio when you feel faint and puke a little.

Scope75
12-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Tire Flips FTMFW!!!
Cardio and strentgh training at the same time.
Whenever I'm short on time tire flips are my go to workout because they are a total body workout and it doesn't take long to work up a good sweat.

Hydin
03-04-2013, 11:57 PM
I like swimming best cardio exercise as it involves most of the body parts while swimming and has many benefits. It prevents you from obesity and joint problems. It build your hips, shoulders, arms and back muscles as well as improves your acrobatic capacity.

Sperwer
03-05-2013, 04:28 AM
You want to talk tigers - the wife with a siberian white:

Not sure which one I'm most afraid of!

At home we have three Jindo, a Korean breed ~ Akita, but about 3/4 the size.

DJM
03-05-2013, 06:56 AM
You want to talk tigers - the wife with a siberian white:

jealous

Fat Bill Dwyer
03-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Hill sprints are by far my favorite type of cardio and adding them to my routine always leans me out and just changes the way my body looks.
I also like doing tire flips and when I do use a treadmill its at max incline and 4 mph.

X2 on the hill sprints. I like 'em long with a medium grade and unpaved. It's murder on the body though. A 20 minute session of running up and walking down leaves me sore for days. Fortunately I won't have to do them for a few more months.

When I'm bulking doing 8-15 mile hikes a couple times a week with 90-110lbs seems to tame the gut a bit, and actually help put on muscle.