PDA

View Full Version : Workout length?

Benq123
07-27-2019, 09:43 AM
It's not mentioned on TMO but I've seen some guys touch on it in some posts, so was just wondering the general opinion on length of workouts and does it matter? Mostly regarding avoiding excessive cortisol therefore less testosterone. I personally try to stay around 1 hour, sometimes it may go a little longer like 1:15.
Also I assume this doesn't include the warmup etc, but what about less demanding things like calf raises at the end of a workout. And what about setting up for a new exercise lol, how does that factor into your time at the gym.
Hope this makes sense, I'm pretty tired today so forgive me, but would love to hear your opinions on this.

Maxout777
07-27-2019, 11:39 AM
It takes me no more than 45 minutes to do my whole workout these days. I don’t really powerlift anymore. I only take thirty second rests, and usually ten minutes of my workout is rowing on a C2 after my five or six workouts for the day.

jacknap
07-27-2019, 04:48 PM
read a study that after 45 minutes Testosterone goes down and cortisol up. Below 45 minutes TEstosterone gets boosted

My workouts are about 45 minutes and I do twice a week Eg) Monday & Thursday and then I'll do yoga somewhere in between that too + tons of walking

Bankai9000
07-28-2019, 11:48 AM
^ same

RickTheRuler
07-28-2019, 01:04 PM
I deff workout too long.
Powerlifting& Olympic lifts require more rest Time.

After I do these lifts I do more bodybuilding burnout stuff as a finisher. About 2 hrs total

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benq123
07-29-2019, 01:49 AM
I deff workout too long.
Powerlifting& Olympic lifts require more rest Time.

After I do these lifts I do more bodybuilding burnout stuff as a finisher. About 2 hrs total

Seems to be working though dude. Maybe the 60 min thing is a myth and it's actually about total volume. Cheers for replies guys.

jacknap
07-29-2019, 01:04 PM
he's on cycle though too so those rules don't apply. arnold worked out 4 hours a day on roids + 6 hour sleep

Benq123
07-29-2019, 01:55 PM
he's on cycle though too so those rules don't apply. arnold worked out 4 hours a day on roids + 6 hour sleep

Are those prohormones really that potent though? I thought they'd just get a PFS guy back to a regular guy.

RickTheRuler
07-29-2019, 02:07 PM
People have different experiences with them.

For me, I feel better than whatever baseline I’m naturally at on cycle, not normal. Normal is 90-100%. Which is basically not having PFS.

say your baseline is 30%, the prohormones jolt you up to like 50%, after the cycle you come down to like 35%.... all this while the whole upswing/downswing thing we’re all familiar with is going on. it’s just at higher baseline, it’s not like you don’t have pfs when your on cycle. Had you never took prohormones & stood on herbs you would’ve got the 5% improvement regardless, it just would’ve took longer.. all roids do is speed up all your body’s processes.. in our case pfs recovery.

I do feel the pumps and strength bumps on this cycle though for the first time. So this tells you that not all cycles are amazing and hit you good. I recall CD saying that a while back.

Of course when your 100% you’ll feel the full effect and potency of the prohormones

Cdsnuts
07-31-2019, 05:23 AM
It's not mentioned on TMO but I've seen some guys touch on it in some posts, so was just wondering the general opinion on length of workouts and does it matter? Mostly regarding avoiding excessive cortisol therefore less testosterone. I personally try to stay around 1 hour, sometimes it may go a little longer like 1:15.
Also I assume this doesn't include the warmup etc, but what about less demanding things like calf raises at the end of a workout. And what about setting up for a new exercise lol, how does that factor into your time at the gym.
Hope this makes sense, I'm pretty tired today so forgive me, but would love to hear your opinions on this.

I would keep it under an hour for the sake of the things you mentioned, especially in the beginning.

Benq123
07-31-2019, 05:44 AM
I would keep it under an hour for the sake of the things you mentioned, especially in the beginning.

Will do! Thanks

jacknap
07-31-2019, 12:50 PM
Are those prohormones really that potent though? I thought they'd just get a PFS guy back to a regular guy.

even in PFS I was enhanced more then pre pfs when i stacked 4andro and r-andro. I got the swolest I've ever been in my life 1 year into pfs

delsolrob
08-05-2019, 05:25 PM
I moved this to the training section...

Bankai9000
08-06-2019, 01:19 AM
I moved this to the training section...

Aren't we a bit of a different case here.. we would just unneccessary spam the other threads as PFS-Guys. I mean I couldn't even jogg for longer than 20seconds for a month with PFS in the beginning. And I'm pretty fit lol.. we're focusing to ask here cuz we're having issues the average joe doesn't have to deal with ever

delsolrob
08-06-2019, 01:44 AM
I appreciate what you're saying, but there's more to this site than the PFS section.

There are actually a few really cool articles I recently posted about cortisol...but no one left the PFS section to read or comment on them.

Cdsnuts
08-07-2019, 08:56 AM
I appreciate what you're saying, but there's more to this site than the PFS section.

There are actually a few really cool articles I recently posted about cortisol...but no one left the PFS section to read or comment on them.

Lol.

Not a problem Rob. Everyone here is cognizant of the fact that it's not a PFS site, so they keep it all in that section for the reasons he mentioned above. And, honestly, there hasn't been a reason for anyone to leave the PFS section because there isn't really any activity any where else. It was out of courtesy that these things are posted there.

But if you don't mind us spreading it out, that's fine as well. That being said, these guys are in a different boat then most of the "regular" forum users.

All good brother.

Next time you post articles can you mention it in the chat box? That will get people to look.