PDA

View Full Version : Where to get fresh green tea?

BBG
12-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Does anyone know where I can get fresh green tea leaves for brewing? I don't really like the taste of the bags anymore at the market after I had fresh tea not too long ago.

Cobalt
12-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Does anyone know where I can get fresh green tea leaves for brewing? I don't really like the taste of the bags anymore at the market after I had fresh tea not too long ago.

Buy Tea Online: Green tea, Oolong tea, Black tea, White tea, Herbal tea and more! | Teavana (http://www.teavana.com)

They have easily taken over $500 from me.
There are also store fronts in some locations.

I suggest the Gyokuro Imperial (http://www.teavana.com/the-teas/green-teas/p/gyokuro-imperial-green-tea)

burlyman30
12-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Learn something new everyday. So I'm guessing it tastes totally different than prepackaged tea then?

O_RYAN_007
12-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Buy Tea Online: Green tea, Oolong tea, Black tea, White tea, Herbal tea and more! | Teavana (http://www.teavana.com)

They have easily taken over $500 from me.
There are also store fronts in some locations.

I suggest the Gyokuro Imperial (http://www.teavana.com/the-teas/green-teas/p/gyokuro-imperial-green-tea)

2OZ for $20, not too shabby... I used to get bud for that price! Stick icky too! Oh the good ole days (I say that as if I was 65 years old; I'm 27). :D

BBG
12-05-2012, 11:27 PM
It tates better + it should have a bit more nutritional benefit.

Scope75
12-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Fresh is always better!!
Fresh coffee and tea are worth a little extra if you enjoy it.

Cobalt
12-06-2012, 05:03 AM
Learn something new everyday. So I'm guessing it tastes totally different than prepackaged tea then?

Oh god yes it tastes different.
Not only that, but there is a science to brewing the damned tea as well.
Water has to be at a specific temperature for each type of tea, brewing times are also specific to each type... and iced tea? Different methods there too.

I used to think that there was "black" tea and "green" tea.
But not only is there "white" and "oolong" but other plants like "roobias" and "yerba mate"

AAAAAAAAND there are tons of options for each type of tea.
It's a bit over the top, but the difference is amazing.

markam
12-06-2012, 05:15 AM
I buy the loose Jasmine tea from Chinese supermarkets, really cheap and just as good if not better than some of the expensive stuff sold in nice packaging.

h2s
12-06-2012, 06:05 AM
Now this is a forum of bodybuilders comfortable with their sexuality.

Jelisej
12-06-2012, 06:00 PM
I've heard that green tea, peppermint etc are lowering testosterone levels.

markam
12-06-2012, 06:03 PM

So does worrying that green tea, peppermint etc are lowering testosterone levels. LOL

h2s
12-06-2012, 06:18 PM

I have not experienced this. I am a regular green tea consumer, and far away enough from a cycle I test fairly strongly with regards to test levels. Maybe massive quantities can cause issues?

Jelisej
12-06-2012, 06:31 PM
I have not experienced this. I am a regular green tea consumer, and far away enough from a cycle I test fairly strongly with regards to test levels. Maybe massive quantities can cause issues?

I'm not really sure, there are some studies done on rats, and I disregard those studies (their testings were bit dubious as well)- but I've heard a lot of rumors. Anyway this is interesting article which indirectly speaks about it in different way: ScienceDirect.com - Steroids - Dietary green and white teas suppress UDP-glucuronosyltransferase UGT2B17 mediated testosterone glucuronidation (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0039128X12000906)

I've read some articles about it, and they were even more confusing, as some say this will lower and some say it will actually increase test. levels, but there is connection, either good or bad.

Scope75
12-06-2012, 06:33 PM

Green tea with peppermint is a killer tea combo!!

burlyman30
12-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Oh god yes it tastes different.
Not only that, but there is a science to brewing the damned tea as well.
Water has to be at a specific temperature for each type of tea, brewing times are also specific to each type... and iced tea? Different methods there too.

I used to think that there was "black" tea and "green" tea.
But not only is there "white" and "oolong" but other plants like "roobias" and "yerba mate"

AAAAAAAAND there are tons of options for each type of tea.
It's a bit over the top, but the difference is amazing.

You really need to think about increasing that dosage on the Test E.

I would have settled for an answer like "yes, much better." lol

Cobalt
12-06-2012, 07:22 PM
You really need to think about increasing that dosage on the Test E.

I would have settled for an answer like "yes, much better." lol

Kiss my ass, trt boy. :)

burlyman30
12-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Kiss my ass

And these offers you are putting forth just back my original sentiment. :p

Cobalt
12-06-2012, 08:06 PM
I really should have known better than to say that, lol. You win this time.

burlyman30
12-06-2012, 08:15 PM
I really should have known better than to say that, lol. You win this time.

I'll leave you alone with your teabag now :rolleyes:

Cobalt
12-06-2012, 09:55 PM
I'll leave you alone with your teabag now :rolleyes:

AH HA! I don't use BAGS, I brew loose leaf tea. You know, the MANLY way.