PDA

View Full Version : What form of HIIT cardio do you do?

Benq123
10-18-2019, 06:57 AM
Regular sprints or something different? What rest time and number of sets do you use ATM?
Thought it would be interesting to see.
I've recently been trying punching bag HIIT but still experimenting with rest times and number of rounds, seems to easier than regular sprints for some reason.

Cdsnuts
10-18-2019, 12:10 PM
Regular sprints or something different? What rest time and number of sets do you use ATM?
Thought it would be interesting to see.
I've recently been trying punching bag HIIT but still experimenting with rest times and number of rounds, seems to easier than regular sprints for some reason.

It is easier because it's not as taxing as sprints are.

Benq123
10-18-2019, 12:23 PM
It is easier because it's not as taxing as sprints are.

Yeah thought so.. would I still get all the benefits of HIIT by doing more rounds, less rest time between rounds, to make up for it being easier?
I love mixing it up sometimes.

Cdsnuts
10-18-2019, 12:33 PM
Yeah thought so.. would I still get all the benefits of HIIT by doing more rounds, less rest time between rounds, to make up for it being easier?
I love mixing it up sometimes.

You can certainly mix it up, for sure, but your legs are some of the biggest muscles in your body and using them in this fashion burns alot of oxygen. This increases the work load on your heart and lungs which is great health-wise. But yes, you can most definitely play around with the sets and times along with varying the exercises.

Benq123
10-18-2019, 01:03 PM
You can certainly mix it up, for sure, but your legs are some of the biggest muscles in your body and using them in this fashion burns alot of oxygen. This increases the work load on your heart and lungs which is great health-wise. But yes, you can most definitely play around with the sets and times along with varying the exercises.

Yeah I'll still definitely do either sprints or jump rope at least once a week. I do HIIT twice a week so the other can be boxing so I'm doing one lower body and one upper body. I'll try 30-45 sec rest and 10+ sets see how hard that is then take it from there.
Thanks