PDA

View Full Version : Smithy's Recovery

Smithy
12-05-2019, 01:38 PM
Hey ppl,

I have just finished a 10 day juice fast, i honestly felt great for the majority of days i was juicing, mind was clear and energy was good but some days were bad felt like i wasn't improving, but what i can take away from the juice fast was that i had more good days than bad so that's a positive :).. Im on my first proper paleo day today and i am struggling to get in calories, i have tracked my food and I'm hitting around 1,500 calories which is far below my maintenance. I was hitting 3,000 calories at one point before my fast.

Anyone have any meal ideas or suggestions that can help me ?

Cheers,
Smithy

Cdsnuts
12-05-2019, 02:36 PM
Hey ppl,

I have just finished a 10 day juice fast, i honestly felt great for the majority of days i was juicing, mind was clear and energy was good but some days were bad felt like i wasn't improving, but what i can take away from the juice fast was that i had more good days than bad so that's a positive :).. Im on my first proper paleo day today and i am struggling to get in calories, i have tracked my food and I'm hitting around 1,500 calories which is far below my maintenance. I was hitting 3,000 calories at one point before my fast.

Anyone have any meal ideas or suggestions that can help me ?

Cheers,
Smithy

Eat more fat and backload at night. Have you started exercising yet?

Smithy
12-05-2019, 03:26 PM
Eat more fat and backload at night. Have you started exercising yet?

Hey CD,

Yeah i exercised earlier, did a small enough light weightlifting session, didn't want to overdo it because i haven't been to the gym since before the fast. Is it okay to fill myself up with carbs after training not just gluten free carbs ?.. I used to make a big shake which includes oats, milk, peanut butter, protein powder, fruit etc.. Will i scrap that or would you say i could squeeze it in ?

Smithy

Cdsnuts
12-06-2019, 11:10 AM
Hey CD,

Yeah i exercised earlier, did a small enough light weightlifting session, didn't want to overdo it because i haven't been to the gym since before the fast. Is it okay to fill myself up with carbs after training not just gluten free carbs ?.. I used to make a big shake which includes oats, milk, peanut butter, protein powder, fruit etc.. Will i scrap that or would you say i could squeeze it in ?

Smithy

As long as you're avoiding gluten those things would be fine.

Smithy
12-06-2019, 03:28 PM
As long as you're avoiding gluten those things would be fine.

Okay, Ill start including that shake again, cheers for the reply CD

Smithy
12-09-2019, 06:26 AM
For the people that are carb backloading, are you able to eat fruit during the day or do you keep it for after training seeing as fruit is basically a carb ?.. And what happens if you can only train in the mornings or around noon ?

Benq123
12-09-2019, 01:10 PM
For the people that are carb backloading, are you able to eat fruit during the day or do you keep it for after training seeing as fruit is basically a carb ?.. And what happens if you can only train in the mornings or around noon ?

I think most fruit is allowed during the day because it's got a lot of fructose which doesn't raise blood sugar much, and goes to the liver for storage. Whereas starchy carbs raise blood sugar quite significantly, break down into glucose, and go to the muscle for storage if there is room. Bananas are the exception as they are quite high in glucose when very ripe, I use them to backload.
I train in the mornings, and I still only start backloading on my evening meal.
Please someone correct if I'm wrong with any of this ..

Smithy
01-28-2020, 11:15 AM
Hey ppl,

I started implamenting Spirulina into my green smoothie in the morning and im not sure if its all in my head or not, but i think its having a really bad effect on me. My brain fog is back at its worst and its proper getting me down. I think i seen a post a while back on spirulina but i can't remember if it was this site or not.

Has anyone had a bad experience with Spirulina or am i just having some bad days ?

Cheers,
Smithy

Cdsnuts
01-28-2020, 03:19 PM
Hey ppl,

I started implamenting Spirulina into my green smoothie in the morning and im not sure if its all in my head or not, but i think its having a really bad effect on me. My brain fog is back at its worst and its proper getting me down. I think i seen a post a while back on spirulina but i can't remember if it was this site or not.

Has anyone had a bad experience with Spirulina or am i just having some bad days ?

Cheers,
Smithy

If you feel this way, stop, and then go without for a few days and see if it abates.

Smithy
01-28-2020, 05:00 PM
If you feel this way, stop, and then go without for a few days and see if it abates.

Will do, Ill stop taking it as of tomorrow..

Smithy
02-05-2020, 12:41 PM
Hey,

Does anyone else feel like they get sides from cooking food. Im literally only cooking vegetables and chicken and i always feel a bit dazed and brain foggy when ever I'm cooking, could it be the fumes ?

alphacfi
02-05-2020, 06:31 PM
Yah i used to hate standing in the kitchen making food. I dont know why but that always caused symptoms to flare. Its similar to packing a suitcase or folding laundry though. Just the mundane tasks caused it or something. I wouldnt attribute it to fumes.

Hulk Smash
02-06-2020, 07:01 AM
Hey,

Does anyone else feel like they get sides from cooking food. Im literally only cooking vegetables and chicken and i always feel a bit dazed and brain foggy when ever I'm cooking, could it be the fumes ?

Avoid all non-stick cookware and you'll be ok. Even the new cookware labeled "safe" non-stick. It's chemical poison that allows for the non-stick properties PFAS, PFOA etc.

It's all VERY harmful.

Cdsnuts
02-06-2020, 08:07 AM
Yah i used to hate standing in the kitchen making food. I dont know why but that always caused symptoms to flare. Its similar to packing a suitcase or folding laundry though. Just the mundane tasks caused it or something. I wouldnt attribute it to fumes.

This is just the general anxiety from PFS....it sucks for sure. I had to constantly tell myself that they were "just feelings" and not real. You're the first person to actually voice this symptom but I had it every time I went to do anything....the more mundane the more anxious I would get. I think it's because typically while doing these activities you would generally feel relaxed because it's an easy, time passing thing to do. But because our minds are damaged temporarily, instead of getting that relaxed feeling, we get the feeling of being uneasy and anxious.

Keep in mind that it will eventually go away as you heal.

Smithy
02-11-2020, 02:32 PM

I think you and CD is right, its my anxiety making my symptoms flare.. I need to chill more, is your brain fog gone away ?

Smithy
02-11-2020, 02:40 PM
This is just the general anxiety from PFS....it sucks for sure. I had to constantly tell myself that they were "just feelings" and not real. You're the first person to actually voice this symptom but I had it every time I went to do anything....the more mundane the more anxious I would get. I think it's because typically while doing these activities you would generally feel relaxed because it's an easy, time passing thing to do. But because our minds are damaged temporarily, instead of getting that relaxed feeling, we get the feeling of being uneasy and anxious.

Keep in mind that it will eventually go away as you heal.

I think you are straight on the money there CD, Its defiantly my anxiety of standing there and making food.. I used to love making food, now i find it difficult and stressful.. My throat is sometimes very tight, feels like somebody has there hands around it.. I know now that is defiantly anxiety!!!

Cdsnuts
02-11-2020, 02:51 PM
I think you are straight on the money there CD, Its defiantly my anxiety of standing there and making food.. I used to love making food, now i find it difficult and stressful.. My throat is sometimes very tight, feels like somebody has there hands around it.. I know now that is defiantly anxiety!!!

No doubt.

This isn't scientific at all but it's like the part of the brain that triggers the relaxation response is broken in us, so instead it shorts out and causes anxiety instead of relieving it. This is directly related to 5ar inhibition.

I wish I would have found the breathing exercises while I was in PFS because it would have made a big difference. At least you guys have that resource. Meditation too.

Smithy
02-12-2020, 04:20 AM
No doubt.

This isn't scientific at all but it's like the part of the brain that triggers the relaxation response is broken in us, so instead it shorts out and causes anxiety instead of relieving it. This is directly related to 5ar inhibition.

I wish I would have found the breathing exercises while I was in PFS because it would have made a big difference. At least you guys have that resource. Meditation too.

Thanks CD, yeah I'm still doing the cold showers everyday but I'm falling behind on the breathing techniques.. Do you or anyone else have any experience on probiotics and digestive enzymes ? are they a waste of money ?

Smithy
02-21-2020, 10:21 AM
Anyone ever supplement with ginkgo biloba ?

JoeP26
02-21-2020, 10:44 AM
Anyone ever supplement with ginkgo biloba ?

Haven’t yet, no. From my understanding, it acts as an antagonist to the GABA-a receptors, thus being used as a stimulant. It’s probably good for gym sessions but I wouldn’t want to take it with the beginning stages of PFS when anxiousness and restlessness are at their worst. That’s just me, personally.

Smithy
02-22-2020, 05:03 AM
Haven’t yet, no. From my understanding, it acts as an antagonist to the GABA-a receptors, thus being used as a stimulant. It’s probably good for gym sessions but I wouldn’t want to take it with the beginning stages of PFS when anxiousness and restlessness are at their worst. That’s just me, personally.

Cheers joe, Im going to experiment with it and see how i get on, i think I'm deffo past them early stages so hopefully i don't crash :/ ...

Cdsnuts
02-22-2020, 09:46 AM
Cheers joe, Im going to experiment with it and see how i get on, i think I'm deffo past them early stages so hopefully i don't crash :/ ...

I'd go with Gotu Kola and/or Bacopa for mental enhancement over Ginko. They have a positive effect on Gaba as opposed to an antagonistic one.

Smithy
02-22-2020, 11:03 AM
I'd go with Gotu Kola and/or Bacopa for mental enhancement over Ginko. They have a positive effect on Gaba as opposed to an antagonistic one.

Hey CD, i have already ordered Ginkgo Biloba, should i bin it ?

Ill order Gotu Kola and Bacopa as well...

Cdsnuts
02-22-2020, 02:35 PM
Hey CD, i have already ordered Ginkgo Biloba, should i bin it ?

Ill order Gotu Kola and Bacopa as well...

That's up to you, but I know from my experience and the experience of others that being a Gaba antagonist isn't something that bodes well for PFS guys seeing as our Gaba systems are already fucked to begin with. No need to block it even more, imo. Plus I've never gotten much off of Ginko but I get a ton of benefit from the other two I mentioned. You can check it out here: Optimizing the Brain | Total Male Optimization (https://www.totalmaleoptimization.com/optimizing-the-brain/)

Smithy
04-25-2020, 03:43 AM
Hey

Im doing okay, seem to be in a downswing again. This one is very long, didn't think it could get this bad again.. I feel like absolute crap in the mornings, its very strange because i can get to sleep no problem and I'm down for 8 hours without waking up but as soon as i wake up i feel like im hungover. Face feels all stressed and my head is on the verge of having a headache. I don't ever fully get a headache tho.

Anyone else experience this and tried anything that has helped ?

Cheers

Cdsnuts
04-25-2020, 07:21 AM
Hey

Im doing okay, seem to be in a downswing again. This one is very long, didn't think it could get this bad again.. I feel like absolute crap in the mornings, its very strange because i can get to sleep no problem and I'm down for 8 hours without waking up but as soon as i wake up i feel like im hungover. Face feels all stressed and my head is on the verge of having a headache. I don't ever fully get a headache tho.

Cheers

Par for the course dude. Usually a few rounds of breathing first thing in the morning clears the cob webs. That, and a cold shower.

Turnover25
04-25-2020, 11:39 AM
Hey

Cheers

I woke up like this yesterday and today. Face hurt all over, felt like I had an earache and a slight ache behind my eyes, also really tired. Yesterday I had confusion. Try mixing some table salt in with some water and drinking it a few times today, we’re on a low sodium diet. Sodium helps you absorb electrolytes like magnesium and potassium. I have issues like this when my electrolytes are out of whack. Give it a try and let me know if it helps.

Also just like CD mentioned, cold showers are great for this. I just took one and I’m feeling way better than I did.

Cdsnuts
04-26-2020, 09:25 PM
I woke up like this yesterday and today. Face hurt all over, felt like I had an earache and a slight ache behind my eyes, also really tired. Yesterday I had confusion. Try mixing some table salt in with some water and drinking it a few times today, we’re on a low sodium diet. Sodium helps you absorb electrolytes like magnesium and potassium. I have issues like this when my electrolytes are out of whack. Give it a try and let me know if it helps.

Also just like CD mentioned, cold showers are great for this. I just took one and I’m feeling way better than I did.

I would rather just use sea salt on my food as opposed to table salt. One has been stripped of everything and the other has trace minerals in it which we can all benefit from. Personally I despise the taste of salt water. But hey, to each their own.

Turnover25
04-26-2020, 09:34 PM
I would rather just use sea salt on my food as opposed to table salt. One has been stripped of everything and the other has trace minerals in it which we can all benefit from. Personally I despise the taste of salt water. But hey, to each their own.

Totally agreed. I use pink sea salt on my food, but lately some table salt.

Cdsnuts
04-26-2020, 09:42 PM
Totally agreed. I use pink sea salt on my food, but lately some table salt.

As an admitted saltaholic, if you're going to use it, just use the pink stuff.

Smithy
04-27-2020, 05:08 AM
Par for the course dude. Usually a few rounds of breathing first thing in the morning clears the cob webs. That, and a cold shower.

Thanks CD, i just need to realise that I'm just in a downswing and this too shall pass. Cold showers seem to fuck me up when I'm in a downswing, but still doing them religiously everyday.. I kinda feel dazed afterwards for a few hours until it settles, some coffee and L-theanine seems to sort that out....

Smithy
04-27-2020, 05:11 AM

Cheers T25, Ill try the salt thing.. Have plenty of the pink stuff so ill give it a go :)

Smithy
04-27-2020, 08:18 AM
Cant seem to eat anything now without getting brain fog from it. Just had some eggs there and the brain fog is horrendous. Have been eating eggs everyday for months now so i don't know whats going on. Must be all part of the downswing?

Cdsnuts
05-13-2020, 06:10 PM
Cant seem to eat anything now without getting brain fog from it. Just had some eggs there and the brain fog is horrendous. Have been eating eggs everyday for months now so i don't know whats going on. Must be all part of the downswing?

Try switching up your breakfast foods. Personally, if I eat too many hardboiled eggs, I get sick from them. Something to do with using up a specific enzyme to process the egg white protein. Give it a break for awhile and see what happens.

Smithy
09-09-2020, 12:03 PM
Just had an Gastroscopy procedure and got diagnosed with H Pylori and i know for a fact PFS has a role to play in this.

Has anyone else had this type of infection, would love your input ?..