PDA

View Full Version : Problend Review

Rulk
12-07-2012, 02:19 AM
Just had a chocolate problend shake. Easy to mix and drink and the taste is good. I will try the Peptopro later today... after I get some sleep.

Scope75
12-07-2012, 05:40 AM
Very interested in both the pro blend and peptopro.
Other then good how's the taste?? What's it compare to in terms of flavor/taste?

h2s
12-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Thanks for giving a review big guy, on my soon to try list.

Rulk
12-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Very interested in both the pro blend and peptopro.
Other then good how's the taste?? What's it compare to in terms of flavor/taste?

It taste fresh and crisp. Not overpowering or too sweet either. The texture is like water, as it does not really congeal or anything. The only shake/brand that has a super thick texture that I like is Beverly Intl.'s Ultimate Muscle Protein. But even with my brothers discount, it gets really pricey to stock up on. If you like making pudding with your protein, UMP is by far the absolute best protein powder on the market.

Problend though, I can get 2lbs for $26 and it gets cheaper with a code. I will compare this to Primalpro from Vitaminshoppe, wich I think is actually a really good quality protein blend. Primalpro is not cheap, but the best "brick and mortar" protein powder imo. Problend is actually better in terms of ingrediants ( only missing creamagna ), and much cheaper. Just throw in perscription nutritions creatine hcl and you have almost the exact same product, but better and as mentioned, cheaper.

Scope75
12-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Sold!!
Sounds solid and as soon as the holiday or swole source code gets released I'll place a nice order with a few different flavors so I can have something to review in my log.

ExtraZeus
12-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Sold!!
Sounds solid and as soon as the holiday or swole source code gets released I'll place a nice order with a few different flavors so I can have something to review in my log.

I've only ever tired the vanilla but it's pretty damn good!

Scope75
12-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Vanilla is my go to flavor because you can do so much with it by adding things to it.
Vanilla is always in the cart when I try out a new protein because if vanilla sucks the rest probably will too.

Rulk
12-07-2012, 06:18 PM
There are so many different types and tastes of vanilla in protein powders, but only a few got it right. My fave to this day is still Metrex mrp, and suprisingly vitaminshoppe's primalpro. Nitro-tech was good too, but I left that fischer price bullshit a while back- thank you internet forums!

Scope75
12-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Yeah Internet forums FTMFW!!!
Forums have saved me so much time and money.
I'm don't really care how it taste as long as it doesn't buy my stomach because I drink and take some mastery tasting shit so even bad protein is a treat. Lol
I haven't had a protein taste make me say WOW or DAMN that's good in years and the PN flavors and reviews sound promising. I'll probably pic up some isolate for cakes and other cooking ideas. I love protein pancakes and waffles.

Rulk
12-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Scope, bit the bullet and try one tub of vanilla ump. My lady makes pancakes, banana bread and pudding with it. You will not be dissapointed at all. The chocolate flavor of ump is one of the few protein powders that has ever made me say "oh shit...".

Scope75
12-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Scope, bit the bullet and try one tub of vanilla ump. My lady makes pancakes, banana bread and pudding with it. You will not be dissapointed at all. The chocolate flavor of ump is one of the few protein powders that has ever made me say "oh shit...".
On your recommendation I'll pick up some the next time I'm around it or find it on sale.
If you know where to get it cheap PM me the link.

Rulk
12-07-2012, 07:09 PM
On your recommendation I'll pick up some the next time I'm around it or find it on sale.
If you know where to get it cheap PM me the link.

Where do you normally shop online? I don't really see Beverly Intl. in brick and mortar stores, ever. I'll pm if I find a good deal on it.

Scope75
12-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Mainly nutraplanet and my protein place.
I've never shopped at the local places like GNC, Max Muscle, and some other junk/expensive places.
Don't mind ordering from other places either but nutra usually has whatbinwant and at good prices and my protein place has most of my staple supps.

PNMike
12-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Mainly nutraplanet and my protein place.
I've never shopped at the local places like GNC, Max Muscle, and some other junk/expensive places.
Don't mind ordering from other places either but nutra usually has whatbinwant and at good prices and my protein place has most of my staple supps.

we gotta work on changing some of this...list your staples

Scope75
12-18-2012, 10:26 PM
we gotta work on changing some of this...list your staples
I've recently cut back on all the supps and now I just keep it simple with aminos, protein, MCTs, creatine, digestive enzymes, fish oil, cla, and a few other things at different times of the year. Oh and I always have a slin-sane, recompadrol, yellow gold type product on hand for the carb days.

- - - Updated - - -

After reading my list i still take a shit load of supps!!
Oh and I forgot green tea.

PNMike
12-19-2012, 07:23 PM
we have many of the products you listed. Dont be afraid to try us out for things other than creatine, aminos, or protein

Scope75
12-19-2012, 07:53 PM
we have many of the products you listed. Dont be afraid to try us out for things other than creatine, aminos, or protein

As soon as I'm finished with what I have on hand I'll place an order with you.