PDA

View Full Version : Where's the sperm?

Sperwer
12-08-2012, 07:59 PM
I was tempted to make a smart-aleck remark, but this is just too disturbing:

Sperm Count Plummets for French Men: New Study - The Daily Beast (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/12/08/sperm-count-plummets-for-french-men-new-study.html)

Jelisej
12-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Its not just a French, I remember that already in 80-is men all over the world were 50% less fertile compared to first research of kind, oddly men in Finland were not affected at the time, but some time later they also joined rest of the world. Disturbing really, it seems to me that someone is doing these things to us for a (sinister) purpose. For example boys in some Scandinavian countries are tought to pee sitting on a toilet seat (same as a girls), and recently one toy company from Sweden (I think) had to reprint their catalogue, producing a "gender neutral" Christmas catalogue featuring boys with dolls and gun-toting girls, as original boys-guns girls-dolls was considered sexist. I mean WTF?!?

h2s
12-09-2012, 10:20 AM
I didn't read the whole thing, but did they actually state the study (give the reference)? I don't think it isn't true, but the daily beast doesn't seem like your average news source, lol. I also am fairly surprised, I was under the impression that alot of the dietary and environmental issues that plague American men wouldn't be as prevalent in French culture.

pman42
12-25-2012, 06:25 PM
i'm not too worried about lower sperm count, unfortunately it is usually a symptom of a bigger problem that encompasses hormonal effects. if only the only thing affected was sperm counts, that'd be perfect.

Eden
12-25-2012, 08:23 PM
I've heard/seen a lot of these studies, and from what I've been able to find I attribute it to Poor health, poor eating, and unnecessary chemical intake from processed foods/drinks.

pman42
12-26-2012, 01:16 AM
there are literally 100s of 1000s of chemicals in our food and water supply, not to mention our environment, that did not even exist in our grandparents' time. many have hormonal effects. we are living cesspools of chemical experiments. BPA, plasticizers, fire retardants, the list goes on. right now i am smelling plastic from an inflatable swiss ball i bought the wife for christmas. who knows what that is offgassing, i know new shower curtains are supposed to be terrible. i used to read about stuff like that but i got too paranoid, now i just try to do my best to avoid nasty chemicals and don't worry when i can't.