PDA

View Full Version : My story (finasteride and saw palmetto)

willrecover
02-04-2021, 02:45 PM
I took finasteride (0.25mg) for a week when ED started and after it felt slightly better, did another mistake of taking saw palmetto for 3 weeks which badly impacted digestion. This was about 8 years back. A month after saw palmetto, had bad indigestion and that was the time my lower back pain started. I saw doctors and their view was that it is muscular due to sitting posture. After 7-8 months, suddenly had high anxiety issue and high blood pressure. All this took months to resolve with exercises and few supplements. Later I saw some naturopaths to improve my digestion and things got better however back pain, penile shrinkage, inability to gain muscles were still there. In 2019, went to chiro who told me of disk bulging and sort of fixed my back pain in a matter of 3 sessions however this problem came back though with lower intensity.

Last year, I had neck and back pain and after a few weeks my blood pressure increased to 160/110 one morning. I started exercising which lowered heart rate but blood pressure is still increasing at times despite a blood pressure medication that I'm on for last few weeks. This happens especially at night (during dinner) and later hours. Also, noticed sensation on tongue and that when blood pressure goes up it is accompanied with shivering, cold hand/feet and at times a feeling that something is stuck in throat as well as nausea when eating. When I take deep breath, BP goes down a bit..from 150/110 to 138/98. I have got brain CT, ECG, blood work etc done and is normal except for following:-
Vitamin D - low
B12 on lower side
Free Testosterone: On lower end especially for my age (in 30s)

Last year my DUTCH test showed high Estrogen and low T as well. I read a few pfs sufferer stories and looks like PFS - adrenal issue or anxiety could be the reason. At this point, I wanted to know if anyone has similar experience and what you did to fix it. I'm also looking at CDSNUTS website to get details on protocol.Enable GingerCannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection
or reload the browserDisable in this text fieldEditEdit in GingerEdit in Ginger×

Cdsnuts
02-05-2021, 11:21 AM
I took finasteride (0.25mg) for a week when ED started and after it felt slightly better, did another mistake of taking saw palmetto for 3 weeks which badly impacted digestion. This was about 8 years back. A month after saw palmetto, had bad indigestion and that was the time my lower back pain started. I saw doctors and their view was that it is muscular due to sitting posture. After 7-8 months, suddenly had high anxiety issue and high blood pressure. All this took months to resolve with exercises and few supplements. Later I saw some naturopaths to improve my digestion and things got better however back pain, penile shrinkage, inability to gain muscles were still there. In 2019, went to chiro who told me of disk bulging and sort of fixed my back pain in a matter of 3 sessions however this problem came back though with lower intensity.

Last year, I had neck and back pain and after a few weeks my blood pressure increased to 160/110 one morning. I started exercising which lowered heart rate but blood pressure is still increasing at times despite a blood pressure medication that I'm on for last few weeks. This happens especially at night (during dinner) and later hours. Also, noticed sensation on tongue and that when blood pressure goes up it is accompanied with shivering, cold hand/feet and at times a feeling that something is stuck in throat as well as nausea when eating. When I take deep breath, BP goes down a bit..from 150/110 to 138/98. I have got brain CT, ECG, blood work etc done and is normal except for following:-
Vitamin D - low
B12 on lower side
Free Testosterone: On lower end especially for my age (in 30s)

Last year my DUTCH test showed high Estrogen and low T as well. I read a few pfs sufferer stories and looks like PFS - adrenal issue or anxiety could be the reason. At this point, I wanted to know if anyone has similar experience and what you did to fix it. I'm also looking at CDSNUTS website to get details on protocol.Enable GingerCannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection
or reload the browserDisable in this text fieldEditEdit in GingerEdit in Ginger×

Welcome, and good luck.