PDA

View Full Version : High Level of Testosterone

Mistyballoon
03-03-2021, 08:37 PM
Hi Everyone..

I just did a blood test this week and the results are quite surprising..

Last time I did a blood test was when I realised there's something wrong with my erection (August 2020)..

My Testosterone* went from 478.2 ng/dL -> 849.8 ng/dL (normal range is 249-836 ng/dL)
SHBG 24.94 nmol/L (normal range is 14.5-48.4 nmol/L)
Free Testosterone Index* 118.24% (normal range 33.8-106%)
Total Cholestrol* 276 mg/dL (should be below 200)
Cholestrol LDL* 231mg/dL (should be below 100)
Cholestrol HDL 73mg/dL (should be above 40)
Vit D* went from 17.5 -> 21.9 ng/mL (30-100 ng/mL)
Hemoglobin 14.9g/dL (13.2-17.3)
* means outside normal range

My only symptoms are ED & Libido (partial, sometimes its there)

My testosterone went so high so I guess the herb rotations did the work there.. Is that even too high for what we aiming for?
Vit D increased too.. still low but its working..

The only thing concerned me is cholestrol.. The number seems so high, I guess it's caused by all the fats I've been eating while on paleo diet? CMIIW

I eat all kind of fats (butter, pork belly, beef fats, fish, chicken w/ skin, etc)

Is it possible that the arteries are somehow clogged that making all the mess (since the cholestrol levels are so high)?

If someone is familiar with the results, please share your experience..

By the way, still doing the protocol as usual..

Thank you and cheers.. Lets do this..

Benq123
03-04-2021, 03:32 AM
You need cholesterol to manufacture sex hormones, so since your testosterone has gone up so much, it would only make sense that your cholesterol would follow, I think?
Would be interested to hear other people's opinions though.

Maxout777
03-04-2021, 07:16 AM
Test your thyroid. Thyroid is responsible for taking cholesterol into pregnenolone (among other functions, of course), which starts a hormonal cascade. I would do a full thyroid panel as TSH by itself is virtually useless. I'd do TSH, T3, T4, RT3, and Antibodies.

If thyroid is suffering, it is not converting this cholesterol into pregnenolone.

Mistyballoon
03-04-2021, 07:47 AM
You need cholesterol to manufacture sex hormones, so since your testosterone has gone up so much, it would only make sense that your cholesterol would follow, I think?
Would be interested to hear other people's opinions though.

Thanks for the response, I haven't heard of that so I can't argue whether its right or not.. But one thing for sure cholesterol is one of the thing that caused ED, so I guess I have to cut the saturated fats and go with the unsaturated ones..

- - - Updated - - -

Test your thyroid. Thyroid is responsible for taking cholesterol into pregnenolone (among other functions, of course), which starts a hormonal cascade. I would do a full thyroid panel as TSH by itself is virtually useless. I'd do TSH, T3, T4, RT3, and Antibodies.

If thyroid is suffering, it is not converting this cholesterol into pregnenolone.

Thank you so much for the response, will do the blood check ASAP..

Maxout777
03-04-2021, 09:06 AM
One thing to keep in mind here, androsterone (the prohormone compound recommended here) does two things in this arena, it lowers cholesterol and also is a thyroid mimetic. I would assume the course of action is from the thyroid becoming more productive, changing those cholesterol numbers into the hormone/neurosteroid cascade. But not 100% sure. Someone like Joe or someone on Hack Stasis with more knowledge of studies and such may be able to provide more insight.

Mistyballoon
03-04-2021, 09:13 AM
One thing to keep in mind here, androsterone (the prohormone compound recommended here) does two things in this arena, it lowers cholesterol and also is a thyroid mimetic. I would assume the course of action is from the thyroid becoming more productive, changing those cholesterol numbers into the hormone/neurosteroid cascade. But not 100% sure. Someone like Joe or someone on Hack Stasis with more knowledge of studies and such may be able to provide more insight.

CMIIW, you're talking about UltraHard right? I was going to get one of it, until I found out about my results.. The website stated that UltraHard will increase my testosterone, while my numbers seems quite high (outside the normal range). Is there something like too much testosterone or its always good to have big numbers of it.

Maxout777
03-04-2021, 09:16 AM
CMIIW, you're talking about UltraHard right? I was going to get one of it, until I found out about my results.. The website stated that UltraHard will increase my testosterone, while my numbers seems quite high (outside the normal range). Is there something like too much testosterone or its always good to have big numbers of it.

Ultra Hard is a DHT prohormone so it is going to have minimal increase in testosterone if at all, and it will be through the pathway I mentioned above. I wouldn’t be concerned about your test levels there. The main thing you will have impact on there is DHT levels, thyroid, cholesterol, and estrogen. You should also see impact from increased neurosteroids as well.

Queens1984
03-04-2021, 10:31 AM

So in your eyes how would you go about fixing that. These Doctors are lost.

Maxout777
03-04-2021, 10:34 AM
So in your eyes how would you go about fixing that. These Doctors are lost.

Protocol will fix it. Pay close attention to the Iodine supplementation. Twice weekly or thrice if needed.

Also, thyroid mimetics like Androsterone will help boost it as well. Look up natural thyroid boosting things if you're really struggling there and need some assistance. Sunlight, good sleep, not overtraining, all the usuals will help here.

Queens1984
03-04-2021, 10:50 AM
Protocol will fix it. Pay close attention to the Iodine supplementation. Twice weekly or thrice if needed.

Also, thyroid mimetics like Androsterone will help boost it as well. Look up natural thyroid boosting things if you're really struggling there and need some assistance. Sunlight, good sleep, not overtraining, all the usuals will help here.

Okay. I have been drinking the celery juice. Celery juice Raises Androsterone. Thanks brother

Mojo
03-04-2021, 11:59 AM
Ultra Hard is a DHT prohormone so it is going to have minimal increase in testosterone if at all, and it will be through the pathway I mentioned above. I wouldn’t be concerned about your test levels there. The main thing you will have impact on there is DHT levels, thyroid, cholesterol, and estrogen. You should also see impact from increased neurosteroids as well.

Would ultrahard increase estrogen? I’m about to start my cycle but I’m estrogen dominant right now so I need a little bit more reassurance to get me over the fence..

Zonz
03-05-2021, 08:19 AM
I had 895ng/dL in December 2019 and that was when I wasn’t doing any exercise or supplements at all. Yet I still had PFS symptoms. Don’t worry about hormone numbers, they are almost useless. Pfs must be a receptor issue.

Maxout777
03-05-2021, 08:24 AM
Would ultrahard increase estrogen? I’m about to start my cycle but I’m estrogen dominant right now so I need a little bit more reassurance to get me over the fence..

Ultra Hard will only affect estrogen by lowering it. It will be fine.

MungYarlon
03-05-2021, 09:38 AM
I had 895ng/dL in December 2019 and that was when I wasn’t doing any exercise or supplements at all. Yet I still had PFS symptoms. Don’t worry about hormone numbers, they are almost useless. Pfs must be a receptor issue.

One mustn't forget, however, that to regulate libido, DHT is also needed. If anything, high testosterone (outside the ranges) is a sign that the testosterone is not being 5-alpha reduced into DHT.

If one wants to use blood tests for PFS, they are useful for identifying issues with enzymes, i.e. high progesterone means that type 1 5 alpha reductase is not being converted to 5a-DHP and then to allopreganolone, high DHEA means type 3 5 alpha reductase is not being converted to androsterone etc.

Other than that though blood tests can be a little weird.

Queens1984
03-05-2021, 10:08 AM

100 percent it’s a receptor issue and altered hormone levels. Protocol I pray fixes all of THIS.

Zonz
03-05-2021, 06:01 PM
One mustn't forget, however, that to regulate libido, DHT is also needed. If anything, high testosterone (outside the ranges) is a sign that the testosterone is not being 5-alpha reduced into DHT.

If one wants to use blood tests for PFS, they are useful for identifying issues with enzymes, i.e. high progesterone means that type 1 5 alpha reductase is not being converted to 5a-DHP and then to allopreganolone, high DHEA means type 3 5 alpha reductase is not being converted to androsterone etc.

Other than that though blood tests can be a little weird.
True, for instance my DHT was about normal, near 55, but that's not proportionate to the testosterone at all. But still, you're looking at a non-hormonal issue there, you're talking about microcellular organs like receptors and enzymes. I never really cared for hormone levels. They mean nothing. I've had moments where my T was probably super lower, like when I tore my shoulder and was sedentary, and I didn't notice any change in my symptoms.

MungYarlon
03-05-2021, 06:11 PM
True, for instance my DHT was about normal, near 55, but that's not proportionate to the testosterone at all. But still, you're looking at a non-hormonal issue there, you're talking about microcellular organs like receptors and enzymes. I never really cared for hormone levels. They mean nothing. I've had moments where my T was probably super lower, like when I tore my shoulder and was sedentary, and I didn't notice any change in my symptoms.

I don't know man. If anything, androgen and GABA receptors are upregulated in PFS meaning that you are more sensitive to hormones and neurotransmitters.

Cdsnuts
03-06-2021, 08:22 AM
I don't know man. If anything, androgen and GABA receptors are upregulated in PFS meaning that you are more sensitive to hormones and neurotransmitters.

This is a bit of a stretch. If you were MORE sensitive to hormones you would have less issues. If anything, you're less sensitive to hormones in pfs.

MungYarlon
03-06-2021, 09:41 AM
This is a bit of a stretch. If you were MORE sensitive to hormones you would have less issues. If anything, you're less sensitive to hormones in pfs.

I think it's more complicated than people give think. If it was just a case of making people more sensitive to androgens, then doing steroid cycles would cure people, since following steroid use, androgen receptors are upregulated, however it's true that if anything, people are worse after a steroid cycle.

With GABA receptors, it's obvious, however, that the lack of allopreganolone is the reason for upregulated GABA receptors i.e. the body is searching for more GABA agonists/ modulators to go back into homeostasis, which of course there aren't. That's also why pretty much everyone recovers their mental sides, albeit temporarily, while on 5a-DHP.

I also wanted to know your advice on Zuranolone actually Cdsnuts. It's designed to replicate allopregnanolone, and if it's released, could prove extremely beneficial as an addition to the regimen.

Cdsnuts
03-06-2021, 03:50 PM
I think it's more complicated than people give think. If it was just a case of making people more sensitive to androgens, then doing steroid cycles would cure people, since following steroid use, androgen receptors are upregulated, however it's true that if anything, people are worse after a steroid cycle.

With GABA receptors, it's obvious, however, that the lack of allopreganolone is the reason for upregulated GABA receptors i.e. the body is searching for more GABA agonists/ modulators to go back into homeostasis, which of course there aren't. That's also why pretty much everyone recovers their mental sides, albeit temporarily, while on 5a-DHP.

I also wanted to know your advice on Zuranolone actually Cdsnuts. It's designed to replicate allopregnanolone, and if it's released, could prove extremely beneficial as an addition to the regimen.

Of course it is....but at the same time, the reason for it is not.

I was simply stating that you are less sensitive to hormones while in a pfs state, regardless of mechanism. I agree with everything else you're saying.

It could be.....but then again it would depend on the way it's designed. Because it's a pharmaceutical, unfortunately it will always come with a price to pay. Pharmaceuticals are really, really good at making the body incapable of working without them once they sink their hooks in. I most likely would not recommend it during the protocol.

MungYarlon
03-06-2021, 07:26 PM
Of course it is....but at the same time, the reason for it is not.

I was simply stating that you are less sensitive to hormones while in a pfs state, regardless of mechanism. I agree with everything else you're saying.

It could be.....but then again it would depend on the way it's designed. Because it's a pharmaceutical, unfortunately it will always come with a price to pay. Pharmaceuticals are really, really good at making the body incapable of working without them once they sink their hooks in. I most likely would not recommend it during the protocol.

I see where you're coming from with zuranolone. Maybe it's best for those who are borderline suicidal and need something to fix them short term.

I had a look and it doesn't seem to cause tolerance, but it isn't the best option for one to perpetually rely on pills either.

Cdsnuts
03-07-2021, 11:45 AM
I see where you're coming from with zuranolone. Maybe it's best for those who are borderline suicidal and need something to fix them short term.

I had a look and it doesn't seem to cause tolerance, but it isn't the best option for one to perpetually rely on pills either.

Yeah, and the side effects of fin were supposed to be transient and oxycontin wasn't addictive.......we all know that story.

But yes, I agree....in DIRE circumstances it could prove somewhat useful.....problem there is "dire circumstances" has ALOT of wiggle room depending on what kind of guy you're dealing with.

I wouldn't want to open a pandora's box...next thing you know this guy is taking a valium cause he can't sleep or and adderall cause he's exhausted, etc.

MungYarlon
05-15-2021, 08:22 AM
Yeah, and the side effects of fin were supposed to be transient and oxycontin wasn't addictive.......we all know that story.

But yes, I agree....in DIRE circumstances it could prove somewhat useful.....problem there is "dire circumstances" has ALOT of wiggle room depending on what kind of guy you're dealing with.

I wouldn't want to open a pandora's box...next thing you know this guy is taking a valium cause he can't sleep or and adderall cause he's exhausted, etc.

Going back to this, it just crossed my mind that it should work identically to the prohormones i.e. having the end product of 5 alpha reductase triggers a positive feedback mechanism which causes the 5 alpha reductase to work better.

If that's the case then it makes sense that you could just cycle it (2 weeks on 4 weeks off) until you get the desired result.

Cdsnuts
05-20-2021, 08:55 PM
Going back to this, it just crossed my mind that it should work identically to the prohormones i.e. having the end product of 5 alpha reductase triggers a positive feedback mechanism which causes the 5 alpha reductase to work better.

If that's the case then it makes sense that you could just cycle it (2 weeks on 4 weeks off) until you get the desired result.

That's a big leap man.

What you're talking about in regards to 5ar is only in the case of DHT. I'm not so sure if it works that way with the other hormones at play.

And to think a pharmaceutical "should" work identically to a PH is a wild guess. Maybe a dangerous one. This is a medication that mimics allo. It's synthetic. PH are not, for the most part.

Just to reinforce....you're doing everything that you could possibly be doing for yourself now, correct? Protocol wise.

MungYarlon
05-21-2021, 04:16 AM
That's a big leap man.

What you're talking about in regards to 5ar is only in the case of DHT. I'm not so sure if it works that way with the other hormones at play.

And to think a pharmaceutical "should" work identically to a PH is a wild guess. Maybe a dangerous one. This is a medication that mimics allo. It's synthetic. PH are not, for the most part.

Just to reinforce....you're doing everything that you could possibly be doing for yourself now, correct? Protocol wise.

Yep, but to be honest I'm at a stage now where I feel good. I sleep well, I stay motivated throughout the day, my sex drive is good too. I'm no longer suffering. I'm just here for the self improvement now really, and to reach my peak once more. That's why I'm on the lookout for any new biohacks.

Cdsnuts
05-21-2021, 07:27 AM
Yep, but to be honest I'm at a stage now where I feel good. I sleep well, I stay motivated throughout the day, my sex drive is good too. I'm no longer suffering. I'm just here for the self improvement now really, and to reach my peak once more. That's why I'm on the lookout for any new biohacks.

Well if that's the case, isn't a recovery post in order?

MungYarlon
05-21-2021, 07:47 AM
Well if that's the case, isn't a recovery post in order?

Indeed, my good sir. I'm going to wait a little longer just in case. But fear not, once I'm confident enough to confirm, I will make one.

Cdsnuts
05-21-2021, 08:59 AM
Indeed, my good sir. I'm going to wait a little longer just in case. But fear not, once I'm confident enough to confirm, I will make one.

Good. I'd rather you be 100%.

Thank you, and Congrats!!

Cdsnuts
05-21-2021, 09:01 AM

If this is in fact what you are seeking, which it should be, you have to do no more then you're doing now. You will continue to get stronger, calmer, clearer minded, more confident, etc. You'll just keep getting better and better. I went another two years or more improving AFTER I thought I was recovered. You'll be surprised how good you can feel naturally.

Outlaw
05-24-2021, 06:55 PM
Inspiring stuff man.

When you browse the forum, you realise there's a couple guys doing huge strides and getting close (you, Turnover, Xxaleski, Covfefe42). The recovery section doesn't tell the whole story.

You've been on the protocol since October that's right?

Cdsnuts
05-27-2021, 09:16 AM
Inspiring stuff man.

When you browse the forum, you realise there's a couple guys doing huge strides and getting close (you, Turnover, Xxaleski, Covfefe42). The recovery section doesn't tell the whole story.

That's how it works! They'll be posting in the recovery section soon. It usually goes in waves. You get a bunch of new guys, some fall off, can't hack it, the others work it to their final conclusion and make the all coveted recovery post.

Just like you, if you stick with it.

MungYarlon
05-27-2021, 04:48 PM
Inspiring stuff man.

Oh shoot, I didn't see that you replied to me. Yeah, I've been here since around early October time. Got hit in early September.

The recovery section may look small, but remember. The number of people hit with this is astronomically small. That's why despite everything, if someone said they wanted to take something to stop hair growth I'd say go with it. Let me take something like dutasteride (the most powerful AR inhibitor) for instance. There are around 1 million prescriptions for the drug in a year in the US (i.e. 1 million individual chances of getting adverse effects) and only 48 accounts which claim to have crashed on dutasteride on PH. That's 0.0048% chance of getting hit by sides, and that's just in the US! (the overall percentage must be lower still)

With that in mind, it has to be understood that the majority of people (let's say 85%) , for whatever reasons, can't be bothered to undergo this, so they flake, fall off or manage their side effects all the while banking on a future cure. As you can see then, the recovery section is small because a. The potential sample size is minuscule, and b. The amount of people willing to undergo this is even more atomically small.

Outlaw
05-28-2021, 01:25 PM
Oh shoot, I didn't see that you replied to me. Yeah, I've been here since around early October time. Got hit in early September.

The recovery section may look small, but remember. The number of people hit with this is astronomically small. That's why despite everything, if someone said they wanted to take something to stop hair growth I'd say go with it. Let me take something like dutasteride (the most powerful AR inhibitor) for instance. There are around 1 million prescriptions for the drug in a year in the US (i.e. 1 million individual chances of getting adverse effects) and only 48 accounts which claim to have crashed on dutasteride on PH. That's 0.0048% chance of getting hit by sides, and that's just in the US! (the overall percentage must be lower still)

With that in mind, it has to be understood that the majority of people (let's say 85%) , for whatever reasons, can't be bothered to undergo this, so they flake, fall off or manage their side effects all the while banking on a future cure. As you can see then, the recovery section is small because a. The potential sample size is minuscule, and b. The amount of people willing to undergo this is even more atomically small.
Yeah I get it!

I wasn't implying that the recovery section is too small, just wanted to point out the upcoming recoveries are also something to be optimistic about.

That's great man, you made quick progress all things considered. Looking forward to your recovery post, and then we'll see each other on the other side

Mistyballoon
07-08-2021, 07:30 PM
Just did a blood test recently and the results came out surprising...

Took the test while doing my 1st PH Cycle..

This was before (March 2021) compared to (August 2020) (
My Testosterone* went from 478.2 ng/dL -> 849.8 ng/dL (normal range is 249-836 ng/dL)

This is the most recent (July 2021)
Testosterone 365.4 ng/dL
SHBG 26.58 nmol/L (normal range is 14.5-48.4 nmol/L)
Free Testosterone Index 47.7% (normal range 33.8-106%)
Total Cholestrol* 259 mg/dL (should be below 200)
Cholestrol LDL* 194mg/dL (should be below 100)
Cholestrol HDL 61mg/dL (should be above 40)
Vit D 31.4 (30-100 ng/mL)
Hemoglobin 15.9g/dL (13.2-17.3)
LH # 2.98 mIU/mL (0.57 - 12.07 mIU/mL)
FSH #2.79 mIU/mL (0.95 - 11.95mIU/mL)
Prolactin #26.28 ng/mL (3.46 - 19.4 ng/mL)
Estradiol #15 pg/mL (11 - 44pg/mL)

My testosterone level went so low that its actually lower than the one I took after I realized I had PFS (August 2020).. Everything else (cholestrol, vit D, etc) improved a little.

Is this normal? Is this because of the PH cycle im currently in?

Still have ED and no libido right now.

Cheers.

Maxout777
07-09-2021, 05:51 AM
Just did a blood test recently and the results came out surprising...

Took the test while doing my 1st PH Cycle..

This was before (March 2021) compared to (August 2020) (

This is the most recent (July 2021)
Testosterone 365.4 ng/dL
SHBG 26.58 nmol/L (normal range is 14.5-48.4 nmol/L)
Free Testosterone Index 47.7% (normal range 33.8-106%)
Total Cholestrol* 259 mg/dL (should be below 200)
Cholestrol LDL* 194mg/dL (should be below 100)
Cholestrol HDL 61mg/dL (should be above 40)
Vit D 31.4 (30-100 ng/mL)
Hemoglobin 15.9g/dL (13.2-17.3)
LH # 2.98 mIU/mL (0.57 - 12.07 mIU/mL)
FSH #2.79 mIU/mL (0.95 - 11.95mIU/mL)
Prolactin #26.28 ng/mL (3.46 - 19.4 ng/mL)
Estradiol #15 pg/mL (11 - 44pg/mL)

My testosterone level went so low that its actually lower than the one I took after I realized I had PFS (August 2020).. Everything else (cholestrol, vit D, etc) improved a little.

Is this normal? Is this because of the PH cycle im currently in?

Still have ED and no libido right now.

Cheers.

PH cycle will improve your cholesterol, yes. Honestly, your labs SCREAM hypothyroidism. Cholesterol is pooling because thyroid isn’t there to convert it downstream to hormones. Androsterone should help with this as it’s a thyroid mimetic. Are you taking iodine as part of the protocol?

Mistyballoon
07-09-2021, 06:21 AM
PH cycle will improve your cholesterol, yes. Honestly, your labs SCREAM hypothyroidism. Cholesterol is pooling because thyroid isn’t there to convert it downstream to hormones. Androsterone should help with this as it’s a thyroid mimetic. Are you taking iodine as part of the protocol?

Hi Maxout thank you so much for the reply,

Sorry if I'm kinda slow here, not familiar with all the terms.. Did you mean to run another PH cycle by "androsterone"? Or is that some kind of supps I can take along with the protocol.. Nope, I don't take Iodine, should I take one? How about the low number of testosterone, is that fine?

Thanks!

Maxout777
07-09-2021, 06:23 AM
Hi Maxout thank you so much for the reply,

Sorry if I'm kinda slow here, not familiar with all the terms.. Did you mean to run another PH cycle by "androsterone"? Or is that some kind of supps I can take along with the protocol.. Nope, I don't take Iodine, should I take one? How about the low number of testosterone, is that fine?

Thanks!

Androsterone is in the prohormones recommended on the site and the protocol. Also, iodine is in the protocol as well, on cd’s website. Suggest you read that section. Iodine is pro-thyroid as well. Honestly, testosterone is going to be lower when your thyroid isn’t converting cholesterol into the downstream cascade of hormones.

Mistyballoon
07-09-2021, 06:34 AM
Androsterone is in the prohormones recommended on the site and the protocol. Also, iodine is in the protocol as well, on cd’s website. Suggest you read that section. Iodine is pro-thyroid as well. Honestly, testosterone is going to be lower when your thyroid isn’t converting cholesterol into the downstream cascade of hormones.

Alright I'll go with Ultra Hard for the next cycle a month after I finish this ongoing cycle. As for Iodine, I could not find any tincture available at my country, so I will get the capsule ASAP. Thank you so much..

I showed my labs to a friend whose an Andrologist and he said that my prolactin level is way to high and highly suggested to take Cabergoline to stabilize the prolactin levels.. Any thoughts about that?

Thanks..

Maxout777
07-09-2021, 06:44 AM
Alright I'll go with Ultra Hard for the next cycle a month after I finish this ongoing cycle. As for Iodine, I could not find any tincture available at my country, so I will get the capsule ASAP. Thank you so much..

I showed my labs to a friend whose an Andrologist and he said that my prolactin level is way to high and highly suggested to take Cabergoline to stabilize the prolactin levels.. Any thoughts about that?

Thanks..

Cabergoline will definitely lower your prolactin level, but it is not a drug that I would fuck around with if you don't know what you are doing. And even then, in PFS, you never know what interaction it might have with something else. It's easy enough to use with nothing wrong with you. If you start getting your thyroid going again and doing the job it is supposed to, it should lower prolactin anyway as it will convert to pro-dopamine steroids/neurosteroids.

Mucuna Pruriens, on the protocol, will lower prolactin through L-dopa enhancing the dopamine pathway. Pro-thyroid and pro-dopamine substances will push prolactin down.

If you MUST use a drug/substance that isn't on the protocol to lower prolactin, I personally suggest BPC-157. I think it would do wonders as part of the protocol, myself - but again, it's not time tested like the rest of the things on CD's routine.

HOPE
07-09-2021, 09:35 AM
Cabergoline will definitely lower your prolactin level, but it is not a drug that I would fuck around with if you don't know what you are doing. And even then, in PFS, you never know what interaction it might have with something else. It's easy enough to use with nothing wrong with you. If you start getting your thyroid going again and doing the job it is supposed to, it should lower prolactin anyway as it will convert to pro-dopamine steroids/neurosteroids.

Mucuna Pruriens, on the protocol, will lower prolactin through L-dopa enhancing the dopamine pathway. Pro-thyroid and pro-dopamine substances will push prolactin down.

If you MUST use a drug/substance that isn't on the protocol to lower prolactin, I personally suggest BPC-157. I think it would do wonders as part of the protocol, myself - but again, it's not time tested like the rest of the things on CD's routine.

This is very helpful, Max. Thing is Mucuna contains 5-HTP which is quite worrisome considering I’m PSSD, do you guys think I should still give it a try?

Maxout777
07-09-2021, 07:41 PM
This is very helpful, Max. Thing is Mucuna contains 5-HTP which is quite worrisome considering I’m PSSD, do you guys think I should still give it a try?

Honestly, you'll have to just try it and see. I'd think if it would be a problem you'd be able to tell easily the first time. I love mucuna, personally - it is one of my favorite herbs.

Cdsnuts
07-14-2021, 01:40 PM
Solid, solid advice.

Thanks Maxout for holding down the fort in my absence.

These guys are lucky to have you around.