PDA

View Full Version : The Hero's Journey

Peter Jordanson
03-07-2021, 05:19 PM
Hey gentleman,

First off, I just want to say a sincere thank you to everyone who has detailed their journeys here and a special thanks to those of you who have stuck around post-recovery to offer continued guidance. I’m sorry to hear about what this drug has done to people’s lives and am amazed at the resilience and support demonstrated here. I wish I found this site earlier.

My Story:

My case of PFS seems to be somewhat atypical. I’m now 30 and took the drug for the first time last year for about three months (March-June 2020). I stopped a month or so in when I got sharp shooting pains in my urethra but continued when three doctors asserted that this wasn’t from the finasteride. The pain came back, even with less frequent doses, so I eventually quit altogether because I also developed what looked like a rash on my glans (on top and around the urethra). I’ve been off for 9 months now and am still dealing with symptoms.

My main symptoms are:

1. Pain - Penile pain (and erectile pain at times) and general pain in the pelvic area – shooting pains, stabbing, burning sensations, a sense of pressure in the penis and perineum etc. The pain fluctuates throughout the day, everyday, with remarkable consistency and stability (I get the same shooting pain everyday at 9:30 am, for example, and other pain sensations throughout the rest of the day)
2. Glans appearance – Inflamed glans (red on top and around the urethra opening); the “ridges” on my glans are also more pronounced now (i.e., it’s not smooth like it used to be); glans appearance also changes throughout the day; it can look purplish at times and very red at other times.
3. Hypersensitive glans – glans is painful to touch; just brushing against the seam in my boxers is incredibly painful; often feels like sandpaper on the glans
4. Scrotum - Inflamed/red scrotum and vascular abnormalities in the scrotum (“spider veins”), including a varicolcele on the left side and maybe one on the right side; I think these developed a few months after stopping the drug.
5. Post-Ejaculation Pain – I get pain in the prostate area shortly after ejaculation and my genital pain is worse in general for the rest of the day.

It seems like my case is a bit atypical - I don’t think I have any libido issues, ED, changes in muscle mass, or brain fog (nor do I seem to have "upswings" or "downswings" – the issues I have are pretty much constant). In some perverse way I should probably be considering myself “lucky.” Nonetheless the pain is chronic and very distracting throughout the day and the brutal appearance of my glans (and its hypersensitivity) has basically made me avoid relationships throughout this whole situation because it looks like I’ve got some sort of contagious disease and am sort of dreading having to explain this to a girl.

My Main Questions:

1. I haven’t seen a ton of people comment on chronic genital pain of this sort or changes to the glans appearance. I am and wondering if A) this is indeed finasteride-related (the docs say it's not); B) if anyone else had these symptoms; and C) if there is anything in particular that helped with these symptoms.
2. Any thoughts on what my underlying issue might be? My symptoms seem to overlap with pudendal “nerve damage” symptoms… I'm hoping to get a doc to look into nerve damage.

Any thoughts/guidance/encouragement would be much appreciated. I am currently researching the protocol and plan to dive in very soon (though I already do some of it – e.g., fasting, meditation, exercise, healthy diet).

Thanks in advance.

P.J.

PS. For those of you in a dark place, if you haven’t already, I highly recommend checking out Jordan Peterson’s videos on YouTube. As you might have guessed from my name, I’m a big fan and have found his videos very helpful while dealing with this brutal situation.

JoyceGoldst
11-02-2021, 01:24 AM
Thoughts truly matter to begin the effective vocation. On the off chance that you have thoughts and need to use it as per their abilities, it implies that you need to begin their profession as an effective man or lady and this is speedy paper legit (https://bestwritingsclues.com/reviews/speedypaper-review/) services for quality work. On the off chance that you have aptitudes, you find out going to utilize these abilities as indicated by the circumstances.