PDA

View Full Version : N-acetylcysteine

Tonster96
03-18-2021, 03:09 AM
Does anybody know if there might be a Problem with taking N-acetylcysteine while having PFS? I want to take it for brain health.

Mojo
03-18-2021, 10:24 AM
Does anybody know if there might be a Problem with taking N-acetylcysteine while having PFS? I want to take it for brain health.

I have been taking it for OCD. I’ve had no observable bad experiences.

Tonster96
03-18-2021, 10:30 AM
Okay! Sounds good...

Turnover25
03-18-2021, 10:36 AM
I have been taking it for OCD. I’ve had no observable bad experiences.

Does it work for OCD? I’ve read that

JoeP26
03-18-2021, 10:21 PM

NAC is both an HDAC inhibitor, which helps reverse the methylation that occurred, and also raises levels of the potent antioxidant, Glutathione, which will help to reduce toxic 4-hydroxyestrogens we all produce from estrone and estradiol, which can cause further methylation on DNA if glutathione is low. There shouldn't be any issues with it.

Mojo
03-19-2021, 01:16 AM
Does it work for OCD? I’ve read that

Honestly I’m not able to tell you. Apparently the effects are subtle and only occur after a long period of use. Maybe it has contributed to my progress so far, but its another drop in the bucket.

Maxout777
03-19-2021, 10:09 AM
NAC is both an HDAC inhibitor, which helps reverse the methylation that occurred, and also raises levels of the potent antioxidant, Glutathione, which will help to reduce toxic 4-hydroxyestrogens we all produce from estrone and estradiol, which can cause further methylation on DNA if glutathione is low. There shouldn't be any issues with it.

Someone at RPF told me during when I had PFS that NAC damages the thyroid. They didn’t quote any source or anything on that, but I avoided it back then like the plague. Have you encountered any of that in your research of it?

I’ve honestly always encountered the opposite related to thyroid, and I use it prior to drinking now (NAC) just to reduce hangovers.

JoeP26
03-19-2021, 10:20 AM
Someone at RPF told me during when I had PFS that NAC damages the thyroid. They didn’t quote any source or anything on that, but I avoided it back then like the plague. Have you encountered any of that in your research of it?

I’ve honestly always encountered the opposite related to thyroid, and I use it prior to drinking now (NAC) just to reduce hangovers.

I haven't seen or heard anything about that at all. That's a first. I've used it for long periods before and my thyroid panels always came back great.

Maxout777
03-19-2021, 10:28 AM
I haven't seen or heard anything about that at all. That's a first. I've used it for long periods before and my thyroid panels always came back great.

Yeah, that’s been my experience. My last thyroid panel is fantastic. I only use it s few times a week when I drink for precautions, that’s all though. I just have never encountered the research the person mentioned. He was highly regarded over there though.

JoeP26
03-19-2021, 10:38 AM
Yeah, that’s been my experience. My last thyroid panel is fantastic. I only use it s few times a week when I drink for precautions, that’s all though. I just have never encountered the research the person mentioned. He was highly regarded over there though.

IDK grain of salt when there's no research to support it. But that NAC smells like burnt rubber and makes your pee stink like that too. That's the only negative I have to say about it. LOL

Cdsnuts
03-19-2021, 04:28 PM

This^^^^^^^