PDA

View Full Version : Glycine?

Crashed
04-11-2021, 12:36 AM
I saw glycine on totalmaleoptimization so i started taking it, 6g is what u said u took @cdnuts, im curious do u continue to take glycine and at that dose or since being cured u stopped? it has benefits and has helped me in the sleep and anxiety department

MungYarlon
04-11-2021, 01:49 PM
I saw glycine on totalmaleoptimization so i started taking it, 6g is what u said u took @cdnuts, im curious do u continue to take glycine and at that dose or since being cured u stopped? it has benefits and has helped me in the sleep and anxiety department

Glycine helps for two reasons, the first being its ability to increase synthesis of allopreganolone (see study below) and the second being its agonism on the glycine receptor, which is also sedative (similarly to allopreganolone's agonism on the GABA receptor).

Once whatever has happened to the SRD5A1 gene, which is inhibiting production of allopreganolone, has been reversed, you won't need to take the glycine if you don't want to.

You can continue taking it though. Glycine isn't addictive, and you won't really develop a tolerance to it.

Cdsnuts
04-13-2021, 04:24 AM
Glycine helps for two reasons, the first being its ability to increase synthesis of allopreganolone (see study below) and the second being its agonism on the glycine receptor, which is also sedative (similarly to allopreganolone's agonism on the GABA receptor).

Once whatever has happened to the SRD5A1 gene, which is inhibiting production of allopreganolone, has been reversed, you won't need to take the glycine if you don't want to.

You can continue taking it though. Glycine isn't addictive, and you won't really develop a tolerance to it.

^^^^^^^^^

MungYarlon
04-13-2021, 05:05 AM
Just realised I didn't post the study lol, here it is
Regulation of neurosteroid allopregnanolone biosynthesis in the rat spinal cord by glycine and the alkaloidal analogs strychnine and gelsemine - PubMed (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18367344/)

Cdsnuts
04-13-2021, 10:36 AM
Just realised I didn't post the study lol, here it is
Regulation of neurosteroid allopregnanolone biosynthesis in the rat spinal cord by glycine and the alkaloidal analogs strychnine and gelsemine - PubMed (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18367344/)

Thank you.