PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Breathing, Protein, Cold Showers, Sunning

finvic
04-20-2021, 07:17 AM
Hi all,

I've had a little bit of a slump after a great 2 or so months, so there's a few things I want to clarify to close up any remaining gaps in my protocol.

1. If lifting in the morning, can we take a cold shower after that? How long to wait after?

2. Is protein powder to be eaten even after HIIT and non workout days?

3. Is it recommended to find a way to get sun on cloudy or cold days? Or don't bother?

4. Is it a dealbreaker if I can't find an area to sun the boys?

Edit:
5. Is it ok to move breathing exercises slightly later in the morning vs. Immediately after waking up

6. I remember a post where cdsnuts says a different type of calming breathing exercise is called for at night whereas the wimhof is called for in the morning. Is this the case or is it both wimhof

7. Is it 4 sets of breathing exercises in the morning and 4 at night still?

Thanks and keep on plugging

Zonz
04-21-2021, 06:09 AM
1. Cold showers are great way to cool down post workout but I would wait until after you’ve eaten so there’s less stress

2. Yes protein powder, if you’re taking it, can be taken after any exercise

3. If it’s cloudy out just simply take a fan and blow away the clouds so you can get some sun. Just kidding, it’s not a dealbreaker.

4. Sunning the boys is not a dealbreaker and people have recovered without it

5. Doesn’t matter when you do breathing exercises as long as you’re doing then at least 1x a day

6. I do Wim Hof at night and it works at calming me but some people get stress with Wim Hof so he recommends 4-7-8 breathing

7. 3-4 sets of breathing is enough.

If I’m wrong with anything feel free to correct me.

Tonster96
04-21-2021, 06:36 AM
Cold showers after weight Lifting have actually been shown to blunt the inflammation which is neccesary as a signal for the body to build muscle as a response to the training. I dont think that it will have any negative consequences to the healing of pfs, but if you want to grow your muscles i would wait for an hour with cold showers after weight training.

Cdsnuts
04-25-2021, 09:40 AM
Cold showers will not effect your growth one way or the other. You can do them anytime you like.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Cold showers are great way to cool down post workout but I would wait until after you’ve eaten so there’s less stress

2. Yes protein powder, if you’re taking it, can be taken after any exercise

3. If it’s cloudy out just simply take a fan and blow away the clouds so you can get some sun. Just kidding, it’s not a dealbreaker.

4. Sunning the boys is not a dealbreaker and people have recovered without it

5. Doesn’t matter when you do breathing exercises as long as you’re doing then at least 1x a day

6. I do Wim Hof at night and it works at calming me but some people get stress with Wim Hof so he recommends 4-7-8 breathing

7. 3-4 sets of breathing is enough.

If I’m wrong with anything feel free to correct me.

This^^^^^^^