PDA

View Full Version : "Getting worse before getting better" after a waterfast?

Outlaw
12-07-2021, 07:48 PM
Whatsup lads,

It's been 11 days since I ended my 7 day waterfast and my symptoms are worse than when I started it. My libido is non-existent, my sleep is irregular and my tinnitus is higher. It's interesting because after my 3 day fast, I recovered quickly and even improved in the following days. I'm not stressing about it at all though, I assume my body is still in Bob the builder mode.

Have you guys experienced something similar? I felt like making a thread to gather experiences on the subject, and hopefully give some perspective/reassueance to new guys starting the journey.

Cheers

Brooks
12-07-2021, 09:10 PM
Whatsup lads,

It's been 11 days since I ended my 7 day waterfast and my symptoms are worse than when I started it. My libido is non-existent, my sleep is irregular and my tinnitus is higher. It's interesting because after my 3 day fast, I recovered quickly and even improved in the following days. I'm not stressing about it at all though, I assume my body is still in Bob the builder mode.

Have you guys experienced something similar? I felt like making a thread to gather experiences on the subject, and hopefully give some perspective/reassueance to new guys starting the journey.

Cheers

I wouldn’t worry man. I’ve only done one water fast and felt improved after. But, If there’s one thing I know that is true about PFS recovery, it’s that just because something felt a certain way the first time, it definitely doesn’t mean it will feel like that the other times. That’s regarding fasts, cycles, you name it. It’s all about the cumulative effect over time!

Carni
12-08-2021, 12:20 AM
After my 14 day waterfast i had some tinnitus that i didnt have before. it went away after a while.

Mistyballoon
12-08-2021, 12:30 AM
Same thing happened to me after my 2nd UH cycle..

Erections went downhill during cycle, but greatly improved after I continue my herbs and suddenly things went downhill again yesterday.

I notice everything went worse when I overthink, it feels so frustating to get back downhill when you already feel so much better.

Outlaw
12-08-2021, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the answers guys, it's interesting to know I'm not the only one.
It's funny how it takes a couple of downswings before you stop stressing about them. I feel like I finally reached that stage. I'm in it for the long run, so I don't expect every upswing to be a 1 way street.

Cdsnuts
12-12-2021, 12:40 AM
Whatsup lads,

Cheers

Like I had mentioned in an earlier thread, sometimes if you don't fast to completion, you have all of that stirred up and released cellular garbage still coming out of your system from a lifetime of ingesting it. If you break the fast in this state, you will certainly feel worse before you feel better. Drink plenty of fluids and get movement. This is why a "real" fast should be three weeks.

I'm doing a tune up 10 dayer out at Sedona Wellness Retreat in AZ....leaving on Friday. Been ten years since my last fast of 21 days.

Always wanted to fast in the desert.......energy is amazing.

Outlaw
12-12-2021, 12:50 AM
Like I had mentioned in an earlier thread, sometimes if you don't fast to completion, you have all of that stirred up and released cellular garbage still coming out of your system from a lifetime of ingesting it. If you break the fast in this state, you will certainly feel worse before you feel better. Drink plenty of fluids and get movement. This is why a "real" fast should be three weeks.

I'm doing a tune up 10 dayer out at Sedona Wellness Retreat in AZ....leaving on Friday. Been ten years since my last fast of 21 days.

Always wanted to fast in the desert.......energy is amazing.
Yeah I remember reading your post about it. Weird though, because I didn't feel real bad when I broke it.
I honestly don't think I could've done more than 10 days. But then again, when I finished my 3day fast I never thought I could do 7. I took pictures of myself from day 0 to 7 to track how my body changed, I'll see if I can manage to post it here.

Sounds like a cool plan, enjoy the desert man

Cdsnuts
12-12-2021, 12:53 AM
Yeah I remember reading your post about it. Weird though, because I didn't feel real bad when I broke it.
I honestly don't think I could've done more than 10 days. But then again, when I finished my 3day fast I never thought I could do 7. I took pictures of myself from day 0 to 7 to track how my body changed, I'll see if I can manage to post it here.

Sounds like a cool plan, enjoy the desert man

Thanks! I'll be away for three weeks. I'm really looking forward to the break. Fasting, meditation and breathwork. Rejuvenation. My refeed starts 1/1/22....Great way to start off the new year.

I'll probably take pics for the site, or if I can figure out how to get them into this dinosaur....lol

Brooks
12-12-2021, 01:03 AM
Thanks! I'll be away for three weeks. I'm really looking forward to the break. Fasting, meditation and breathwork. Rejuvenation. My refeed starts 1/1/22....Great way to start off the new year.

I'll probably take pics for the site, or if I can figure out how to get them into this dinosaur....lol

I’m in Scottsdale, Arizona but love to drive up as often as I can. There’s no place like it. It’s a little chilly this time of year so I recommend some warmer clothes. My favorite hike is Devil’s Bridge Trail, hopefully you’ll have time to check it out!

Cdsnuts
12-12-2021, 01:15 AM
I’m in Scottsdale, Arizona but love to drive up as often as I can. There’s no place like it. It’s a little chilly this time of year so I recommend some warmer clothes. My favorite hike is Devil’s Bridge Trail, hopefully you’ll have time to check it out!

You're psyching me up man!! I have a feeling it's going to be one of the most therapeutic fasts of my life and it's only ten days......the desert though.....that energy. I'm gonna tap into that shit when I'm meditating!!

I gotta a lot of shit thats gonna come out........

It's not a "lock down" clinic! Like you can leave the grounds when your fasting......it's cool, but It's not good idea.....lol

I have a good feeling about this upcoming year.

Outlaw
12-12-2021, 01:15 AM

I never thought I would've said that pre-PFS, but fasting/meditation/breathwork actually sounds fun.

Here's a progress pic of my 7day fast. Had to lower the image quality to respect the website's limit lol, let me know if you see it. Don't hesitate to share your fast pictures here if you can, it would be cool

Cdsnuts
12-12-2021, 01:19 AM
I never thought I would've said that pre-PFS, but fasting/meditation/breathwork actually sounds fun.

Here's a progress pic of my 7day fast. Had to lower the image quality to respect the website's limit lol, let me know if you see it. Don't hesitate to share your fast pictures here if you can, it would be cool

I love this.

Great job. Great shape.

I don't have technical ability to be able to work magic like that with my pics.....

Outlaw
12-12-2021, 01:27 AM
I love this.

Great job. Great shape.

I don't have technical ability to be able to work magic like that with my pics.....

Thanks man. Hahah me neither trust me, I just downloaded an app called GridArt. You import your pictures and choose the layout, it takes 30sec.

So you have no excuses, we want to see your desert pictures! If you feel like it of course. This board needs more pictures.

Turnover25
12-12-2021, 01:57 AM
Thanks man. Hahah me neither trust me, I just downloaded an app called GridArt. You import your pictures and choose the layout, it takes 30sec.

So you have no excuses, we want to see your desert pictures! If you feel like it of course. This board needs more pictures.

Damn bruh you’re shredded

Outlaw
12-17-2021, 04:35 PM
Took plain yogurt with probiotics a week after my 3 day fast and got crazy anxiety/insomnia for 2 days. Took some yesterday night, same thing.

Looks like we need to let our gut restore itself after a fast before taking stuff with probiotics. If it can help someone avoid the mistake.