PDA

View Full Version : UFC on FX 6 and TUF16 Finale, both on the 15th!

Rulk
12-13-2012, 06:32 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem weird they have two UFC events, in the same evening?

TUF Finale
Matt Mitrione vs Roy Nelson - Should be fun to watch, but Nelson could easily make this a ground match and come up with an easy submission. Nelson I believe has a jiujitsu black belt from Mark Laimon and Mitrione has poor ground skills, compared to ufc peers..

Pat Barry vs Shane Del Rosario - Not the Shane I wanted to see tonight ( Carwin ), but it's good to see new talent. I don't think I have ever seen Del Rosario fight before, but his record indicates he is a striker with a pension for finishing. He does have some sub wins on his resume too, so if Pat proves to be too much on the feet, which I think he will be, I see Shane going trying to take this to the ground.

Melvin Guillard vs Jaime Varner - Damn this ougtha be good! I think Melvin takes the win via KO.

UFC on FX 6
George Sotiropoulus vs Ross Pearson - Should go to decision.

Hector Lombard vs. Rousimar Palhares - Damn this is a match I want to see! I'm big fan of Palhares and I hope he gets the win via kneebar or heel hook, but Lombard is a badass. I think he was a judo champ or medalist for his home counrty, plus he's a heavy hitter.

Scope75
12-14-2012, 07:09 AM
Hasn't the UFC done this before??
Seems like I remember something like this happening within the last 1-1.5 years.

longBallLima
12-14-2012, 01:09 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem weird they have two UFC events, in the same evening?

TUF Finale
Matt Mitrione vs Roy Nelson - Should be fun to watch, but Nelson could easily make this a ground match and come up with an easy submission. Nelson I believe has a jiujitsu black belt from Mark Laimon and Mitrione has poor ground skills, compared to ufc peers..

Pat Barry vs Shane Del Rosario - Not the Shane I wanted to see tonight ( Carwin ), but it's good to see new talent. I don't think I have ever seen Del Rosario fight before, but his record indicates he is a striker with a pension for finishing. He does have some sub wins on his resume too, so if Pat proves to be too much on the feet, which I think he will be, I see Shane going trying to take this to the ground.

Melvin Guillard vs Jaime Varner - Damn this ougtha be good! I think Melvin takes the win via KO.

UFC on FX 6
George Sotiropoulus vs Ross Pearson - Should go to decision.

Hector Lombard vs. Rousimar Palhares - Damn this is a match I want to see! I'm big fan of Palhares and I hope he gets the win via kneebar or heel hook, but Lombard is a badass. I think he was a judo champ or medalist for his home counrty, plus he's a heavy hitter.

Nelson x Mittrione - i dislike both guys, but i think Roy takes it.

Barry x Rosario - Barry has the stand up to win this, but i dont know... i'm a huge fan of Barry's, i do/did the same martial arts as him, but i think he doesn't really know how to win fights... i dont know, at this point, its tough to believe he'll win

Guillard x Varner - barnburner. i think this fight is gonna be short and sweet. and agreed, Melvin KO

G-Sot x Pearson - G-Sot gets a lame boring decision. Talented sub-guy, but dont know if he pulls it this time.

Lombard x Paul Harris - Not a huge fan of PH, but i hope he tears lombard's leg off. i hate lombard.

Rodja
12-14-2012, 02:02 PM
They're technically the same day, but one is in Australia and is being televised tonight in the US.

Scope75
12-14-2012, 02:08 PM
They're technically the same day, but one is in Australia and is being televised tonight in the US.

Lol!!
That's funny shit!!
At least we have one smart feller here..

Rulk
12-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Rodja is legit.

Rulk
12-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Didn't see it, but Lombard crushed Palhares, 1st round KO.

Scope75
12-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Shit it started at 6??

Rulk
12-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Shit it started at 6??

I guess.. I'm at work, so...

Scope75
12-14-2012, 09:42 PM
I'll check out the TV and report back just finished my lifting and cardio.

- - - Updated - - -

Started at 6 and the main event is about to start in a few!!
NOA I'll keep you updated.

Scope75
12-14-2012, 09:49 PM
Pierson rocked sot!!

Scope75
12-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Sot almost had Piersons back and a choke at the end of the first.

Scope75
12-14-2012, 09:59 PM
Ross just knocked sot out!!!

Scope75
12-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Beginning of the third round!!

Rulk
12-15-2012, 09:19 PM
Update:
TUF Finale
Matt Mitrione vs Roy Nelson - Nelson wins in the 1st round via TKO from strikes.

Pat Barry vs Shane Del Rosario -Pat Barry seals the deal and gets the KO in the 2nd.
Melvin Guillard vs Jaime Varner - Cancelled due to Jaime Varner falling ill.

Rulk
12-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Palhares broke his foot early on in the bout with Lombard-

“During the fight, my kick was working well. But soon in the first round, one of my kicks hit Lombard’s shin below his knee. I heard a snap, and I knew something bad happened. From that moment on, I [started] feeling my foot more and more numb and without strength to walk around the Octagon.”

longBallLima
12-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Palhares broke his foot early on in the bout with Lombard-

“During the fight, my kick was working well. But soon in the first round, one of my kicks hit Lombard’s shin below his knee. I heard a snap, and I knew something bad happened. From that moment on, I [started] feeling my foot more and more numb and without strength to walk around the Octagon.”

make way, its the brazilian excuse train!!

Rodja
12-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Palhares looked stiff and frozen the entire fight. The look in his eyes showed that he was never in that fight.

Rulk
12-18-2012, 02:12 AM
PHOTO | Rousimar Palhares Broke Foot Early In Lombard Fight | UFC NEWS MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights (http://www.bjpenn.com/photo-rousimar-palhares-broke-foot-early-in-lombard-fight-ufc-news/)

- - - Updated - - -

Palhares looked stiff and frozen the entire fight. The look in his eyes showed that he was never in that fight.

I noticed that too. I think the foot injury is legit though and whey he was like that.