PDA

View Full Version : Fat Gripz

Rulk
12-15-2012, 11:16 PM
I have generic set of them for my dumbell set at home ( via Ironmaster ), but since it's been collecting dust since last year, I thought I would order the real thing so I can use them at the gym.

I figure the grip strength will translate nicely to no gi grappling and just grappling in general. I'm also thinking of doing some pulling excercises with some sort of towel wrapped around whatever it is i'm grabbing. This will simulate grabbing of the gi.

Speaking of grip. I have been stuck at a number 2 Captains of Crush gripper for 5 years. Anyone have ideas to dramatically increase it over a short period of time? It has gotten stronger from grappling in general, so that's been pretty nice.

burlyman30
12-16-2012, 12:47 AM
I have been stuck at a number 2 Captains of Crush gripper for 5 years. Anyone have ideas to dramatically increase it over a short period of time? It has gotten stronger from grappling in general, so that's been pretty nice.

Get the #3 (assuming this is harder than #2) and use your free hand to help compress the gripper. Then release your free hand and do negatives with the gripper. Hold it closed as best as you can, and resist the reopening with all your might.

Scope75
12-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Love grip strength and its fun to have at the same time.
Nothing like putting a guy to the ground with just a hand shake!
I need to buy some of those grippers and use them because I want to be able to do all the challenges they have at the Olympia and other fintness expos I go to. I just want to win the big bags full of supps and training gear.

Mr_math
12-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Fat gripz are damn good for strentghening grip. While I was training for axle Deadlifts for a event, I was using the fat grips for gripping the normal bar to simulate the axle. Our axle is painted so it gets a little more slippery with the heavy weight. Made a big difference with the gripping.

For the captain of crush, which I don't train much, I still do tons of variations of grip training from forearm curls front and back and hub and rolling thunder. Most of the time I use the gripper machine where you sit on it and add weight. 4x20/25 ensuring I squeeze hard and hold it for a second.

This has all really helped the rest of my gripping/bending of the bar and OHP and bench. So I would imagine you could benefit while grappling. :)

Scope75
12-16-2012, 10:55 AM
Thanks math!!
I'll have to add some fat gripz to my routine.

Mr_math
12-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Thanks math!!
I'll have to add some fat gripz to my routine.

No doubt. Throw a pair on the straight bar and do some curls too. Try to keep your palms down as well :)

Scope75
12-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Where's the cheapest place to pick up a set of fat gripz and the COC grippers??

h2s
12-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Where's the cheapest place to pick up a set of fat gripz and the COC grippers??

I got my gripz through the official site. I believe they regularly have sales on it.

Scope75
12-16-2012, 03:27 PM
I got my gripz through the official site. I believe they regularly have sales on it.

Yeah last time they had a killer deal on them and I never placed th order.
Going to a sporting goods stop right now for some under armor so i see if thy have any knockoffs there.

Rulk
12-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Get the #3 (assuming this is harder than #2) and use your free hand to help compress the gripper. Then release your free hand and do negatives with the gripper. Hold it closed as best as you can, and resist the reopening with all your might.

I'm going to try that today with the 2.5 gripper from gnc.

Rodja
12-16-2012, 05:01 PM
There was just a flash sale on FG, but no clue when they'll do it again. They're still worth the MRSP.

Scope75
12-16-2012, 07:23 PM
There was just a flash sale on FG, but no clue when they'll do it again. They're still worth the MRSP.

I'll have to keep an eye out on there site because im sure they'll have another sell soon.

Rodja
12-16-2012, 09:54 PM
The easiest way is to like their Facebook page.

milehighguy
12-16-2012, 09:55 PM
I've had a pair of EZ Grips for a long time that I never liked to use. These look way better, easier to use, and probably worth the price. In fact, I will know soon as I just threw down the cash for a pair!

Scope75
12-16-2012, 10:38 PM
The easiest way is to like their Facebook page.

I don't have Facebook