PDA

View Full Version : Elbow Sleeves

milehighguy
12-16-2012, 12:17 PM
I have been thinking about picking up a pair of elbow sleeves and thought I would see if anyone here uses them on a regular basis? I am prone to elbow joint pain and take joint support regularly. I was just wondering if sleeves would help to keep the joints warm during workout. I am not a powerlifter so I am not looking to increase my lifts with a sleeve but more to provide support. The EFS heavy elbow sleeve is the one I have been looking at...

Elite FTS (http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?cid=114&m=PD&pid=3015)

Anyone else use elbow sleeves? Worth it or should I keep working out without them?

Rulk
12-16-2012, 04:56 PM
I used to use them, but I find warming up the body and then the joints with some warm up sets has been adequate. The sleeves could be usefull for keeping them warm.

Lately i've been thinking of doing more time under tension to work the muscle and lower the amount of wear and tear on the joints. Less reps will eliminate some of the repetitive movements associated with high volume lifting. My work has a lot of injuries based on repetitive motion, simple movements too, but it's day after day too.

And muscles tend to get stronger before the tendons have a chance to catch up. So there could be things that can strengthen tendons, but I don't know off hand what they would be. Rodja and Burly would be good to ask.

Rulk
12-16-2012, 04:59 PM
Oh and the elbow pain I had was primarily due to tendinits.

Rodja
12-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Most elbow pain is a result of tightness in the thoracic region and the forearm extensors/flexors.

milehighguy
12-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Most elbow pain is a result of tightness in the thoracic region and the forearm extensors/flexors.

Yea, I had a strong feeling this would be related to an out of balance somewhere. I have been working with a rolfer to see if that would help. Probably better to work on the tightness first.