PDA

View Full Version : Icing balls? And best sex lube?

lastnoirking87
05-07-2022, 01:41 AM
2 questions for the forum:

1, I've enjoyed the opportunity I've had to speak one on one with Maxout recently. Something he mentioned as a habit he has adopted got me to doing more research, and I've been icing my testicles with a gel pack placed between my underwear and pants for 15-20 minutes 3 x's a day for the last couple of days. This is said to promote testosterone and hormonal production in the testes.
Before I get too far along with this practice, I just want to know if anyone can think of any reason this should NOT be practiced by those of us in our situation?

2, since getting back to a more normal sexual routine lately, I've been a little paranoid about lubes. I have a variety that I've accumulated last couple of years, but would really like to know if there are any highly recommended brands/types for PFS guys? Ones that obviously dont contain any offending ingredients, or possibly beneficial to our situation? Or, at the very least, neutral?

Thanks as always...

xxaleksi
05-07-2022, 01:54 AM
For lube you could try coconut oil lol

lastnoirking87
05-07-2022, 01:58 AM
For lube you could try coconut oil lol
That's actually one I used to use a good bit, but wondering if it's a great idea to be lathering it on the member every time I get busy if it's also known to have some 5ari properties?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I eat a bit of it, and I know it's very good for you, but that's got to be different than bathing your dick in it right? And of course lube will tend to absorb as you lie about after sex...I mean it's not like I'm gonna get up and wash it off right away...

xxaleksi
05-07-2022, 01:58 AM
That's actually one I used to use a good bit, but wondering if it's a great idea to be lathering it on the member every time I get busy if it's also known to have some 5ari properties?

Damn yeah I forgot about that. Yeah coconut oil has lauric acid in it which is a 5ari. I personally never had any issues with it but I’d imagine it’s different with everyone. I ate it quite a bit during recovery and didn’t notice any negative effects.

Thetfordboy
05-08-2022, 02:31 AM
Damn yeah I forgot about that. Yeah coconut oil has lauric acid in it which is a 5ari. I personally never had any issues with it but I’d imagine it’s different with everyone. I ate it quite a bit during recovery and didn’t notice any negative effects.

The thing is that many foods from bananas, eggs etc on the protocol are 5aris. It's pretty impossible to cut them out.

xxaleksi
05-08-2022, 04:12 AM
The thing is that many foods from bananas, eggs etc on the protocol are 5aris. It's pretty impossible to cut them out.

Yeah exactly. But at the same time you have to listen to your body and if something clearly makes you feel like shit then you shouldn’t take it just because it’s on the protocol. For example gelatin and glycine made me feel awful for some reason so I binned it.

Thetfordboy
05-08-2022, 08:43 AM
Yeah exactly. But at the same time you have to listen to your body and if something clearly makes you feel like shit then you shouldn’t take it just because it’s on the protocol. For example gelatin and glycine made me feel awful for some reason so I binned it.

Exactly. Very good point.

Cdsnuts
05-10-2022, 07:32 PM
Coconut oil is probably going to be your cheapest, most natural bet.

lastnoirking87
05-10-2022, 08:29 PM
Coconut oil is probably going to be your cheapest, most natural bet.
I'm curious to know your input on the icing testicles practice...I'm sure you've heard about this(?)

Cdsnuts
05-11-2022, 09:37 AM
I'm curious to know your input on the icing testicles practice...I'm sure you've heard about this(?)

It's a means to the same end as cold water therapy. I personally think that putting the whole body under cold exposure does a more thorough job, but to each their own.

lastnoirking87
05-11-2022, 11:30 AM
It's a means to the same end as cold water therapy. I personally think that putting the whole body under cold exposure does a more thorough job, but to each their own.

Cool (literally)....just kinda needed to have it vetted by you to feel safe in doing this, psychologically 😄

Cdsnuts
05-11-2022, 06:41 PM
Cool (literally)....just kinda needed to have it vetted by you to feel safe in doing this, psychologically ��

Really though.......cold showers are more all encompassing. They suck.....but the benefits far outweigh the suck.

lastnoirking87
05-11-2022, 07:26 PM
Really though.......cold showers are more all encompassing. They suck.....but the benefits far outweigh the suck.

I actually look forward to them now! Usually 2 a day, sometimes just 1, but the endorphin rush is great...ball icing is just something to throw in during "down time" (non-TMO time) since I work from home and can easily do it. It definitely does not cause the whole-body improvement effect that the showers do.

God
05-11-2022, 11:32 PM
Icing your balls huh? Lol. Who says this increases testosterone? Sounds kind of bro-sciencey to me.

lastnoirking87
05-12-2022, 12:21 PM
Icing your balls huh? Lol. Who says this increases testosterone? Sounds kind of bro-sciencey to me.

Well, while I'm not here to really defend this practice, but only to ask if it could possibly cause any HARM, or in any way lessen the efficacy of the TMO protocol, there is a good deal of anecdotal evidence that suggests it helps keep the testes working optimally. Some guys have posted bloodwork after an extended period of time doing this to back up their conviction. I'm giving it a fair shake for a while because it's easy enough for me to work into my daily life, but I wont go out of my way to ice my balls on a day away from home or on a vacation 😄

Cdsnuts
05-13-2022, 12:53 AM
I actually look forward to them now! Usually 2 a day, sometimes just 1, but the endorphin rush is great...ball icing is just something to throw in during "down time" (non-TMO time) since I work from home and can easily do it. It definitely does not cause the whole-body improvement effect that the showers do.

You do breath work before the cold exposure, right?

Cdsnuts
05-13-2022, 12:57 AM

Instead of making disparaging remarks about it, why don't you instead do some research so you can make an informed statement.

lastnoirking87
05-13-2022, 12:38 PM
You do breath work before the cold exposure, right?

I havent been last couple of months...just straight into the cold shower. Initially it would make me gasp and disrupt my breathing for a few seconds, but it doesnt do that anymore.

AltRoute
05-13-2022, 06:18 PM
I havent been last couple of months...just straight into the cold shower. Initially it would make me gasp and disrupt my breathing for a few seconds, but it doesnt do that anymore.

^ same with me. I can jump in and take a good few minute shower in ice cold water no problem. Can probably go longer because of the weather warming up