PDA

View Full Version : Noa's Diet

Rulk
12-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Okay I will start a food log here, seperate from my training log. I am going to post what I eat everyday, and with the feedback from the fella's, dial, tweak and change for success.

Today so far:

Woke up @ 8:30am. At 9:50am had pre-workout shake consisting of Peptopro ( 12g ), Silk Amino Acids ( 4g ), Concrete lemon lime 2 scoops, Leucine ( 5g ). Jits started at 10:30am.

Jits is over around 12noon. We clean up and go to the gym after. Went to gym to use sauna, shower and get ready for work. Post shake 1pm. Pretty much exact same thing as my pre-workout shake.

1:30pm, 1 chicken cantina burrito from taco bell. Took my supplements here- joint, multi V, Ester C, Zinc, and Vit. E.

I will have a problend shake around 4pm ish..

then another cantina burrito around 6pm ish...

tonight after work I will have cottage cheese or a casein shake. Sometimes I have a shake and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with Dave's killer bread.

^ this is all "Not on task", diet. When on task, my lady helps me with food prep and I bring a cooler with food.

Scope75
12-18-2012, 05:40 PM
I'm in!!
First thing I'd do is ditch the Taco Bell!!
Next get on task and start taking your cooler with you everywhere.

Scope75
12-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Also you don't eat very much at all!!
You have a bunch of shakes and no real food in your diet.
TB and a pb&j isn't what I consider real food.

What's your on task diet look like??

Rulk
12-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Also you don't eat very much at all!!
You have a bunch of shakes and no real food in your diet.
TB and a pb&j isn't what I consider real food.

What's your on task diet look like?? Off the top of my head...

1 Grapefruit in the morning with eggs and lean ground beef.

Ultimate Muscle Protein shake, veggies.

Chicken breast and spinach.

UMP Shake and veggies.

Chicken and veggies.

UMP pudding.

This diet works really well for me, but it's a bitch for me to eat it all. I like to eat 1 or 2 large meals and add shakes to fill the rest. I know, shitty...

To add- There are days where I will eat like this ( the shitty diet ), and then have a day where I eat a lot more. I've been told that I don't eat a lot. I wonder if I have a slow metabolism. So anyways, I get more calories on those days when I feel really hungry.

Scope75
12-18-2012, 05:53 PM
I eat 2 meals a day 3 tops!
I fast until 12-1 then eat a smallish meal then lift around 4-6 then eat dinner witch is about a 2hr long meal.
Cut the shakes back and add in tuna or some fish instead. When I cut out shakes I lean out or lose some bloat but whatever it is it works.
I try and only use shakes after I lift and use protein powder as a snack to make puddings and cakes.
The more real food the better off you'll be.

Rulk
12-18-2012, 06:20 PM
I hear that. I prefer real food, and the shakes are a crutch, just so easy.

I'll start fasting around 10pm and and eat around 1pm as well. On workout days, the shakes are really the only thing I can take around workout times, or else i'd be too full and would'nt roll well in jits. Lifting is kind of the same way. If I eat too close to lifting, I don't have as good a workout.

O_RYAN_007
12-18-2012, 06:32 PM
I hear that. I prefer real food, and the shakes are a crutch, just so easy.

I'll start fasting around 10pm and and eat around 1pm as well. On workout days, the shakes are really the only thing I can take around workout times, or else i'd be too full and would'nt roll well in jits. Lifting is kind of the same way. If I eat too close to lifting, I don't have as good a workout.

Try eating 1 small chicken breast, 1/2 cup brussels sprouts (or 1 cup spinach) or any other veggies sautéed in organic butter from grass fed cows, or olive oil, or coconut oil. If I eat veggies and protein I can eat as close as 45 mins to my workout. I know I'm not rolling around on a mat, but I still go balls to the wall.

Scope75
12-18-2012, 06:40 PM
A big guy like you should have no problem lifting or jits with 4-6oz chicken and some veggies in your stomach.

Rulk
12-18-2012, 07:24 PM
I'll have to try it and see.

O_RYAN_007
12-18-2012, 07:24 PM
A big guy like you should have no problem lifting or jits with 4-6oz chicken and some veggies in your stomach.

Exactly. I eat 1/2-3/4 of a cup of wild/brwn rice, with 8-10 oz of chicken breast, turkey breast, tuna, or grass-fed beef, and 1.5 cups of she type of leafy green about an hr before I workout. I never have issues during my workout. I know every one is different, but you gotta eat more and ditch the shakes. At least give it a try, week by week, kick out a shake from you diet until you only have 1-2.

I'll give you an understanding of how I eat everyday:

Wake-Up: 6:20am drink a cup of coffee or 2.
Bfast: 7:30am
-I'll always consume 6 organic free range eggs. I mix it up on the amount of yokes, but its typically 3whole+3 whites.
-I also starting adding a small chicken breast or a 4-6 oz ground beef (grassed beef) patty.
-1 cup of gluten free oats, 1 cup organic 2%milk, 1 packet stevia, and 1/2 cup of frozen berries (its a mix of strawberries, blueberries,
and blackberries).

I drink tons of water at work.

Lunch 1: 10:30am
8-10 oz chicken, beef, tuna, or turkey
1/2-3/4 cup of brown rice/wild rice mix
1-2 cups of green leaf veggies
I squeeze 1-2 key limes on all my food.

Pre workout shake: 11:15am
12g peptopro
3g creatine hcl
6g citrulline malate
1.5g agmatine sulfate

Workout: 12:00

Post workout shake: 1:20pm
12g peptopro
2 scoops problend
1 banana 15 mins after shake

Lunch 2: 2:30 pm
Same as lunch 1, but I will be switch the brown/wild rice mix to basmati starting tomorrow.

Lunch 3: 5:30pm
2 cups spinach
1/4 cup shredded organic mozzarella(from grass-fed cows)
6-8 oz chopped up chicken

Dinner: 7:00-7:30pm
8-12 oz of protein
2 cups broccoli, or cabbage, or spinach.
I might eat a small amount of complex carbs if I workout at night, but nothing above 50g of carbs

Peps at 10:30pm

Pre-bed casein shake w 9g l-leucine, 2 scoops of new toco-8, 2000mg vitamin c.

Thats the way I eat mon-friday. I never hear off this unless I have dinner with clients or occasionally on a thursday w the wife to break the monotony for her.

I love to cook and I get really creative with spices and herbs. Mrs. Dash has some really great sodium free seasonings. Garlic and onions help give food a ton of flavor.

Scope75
12-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Exactly. I eat 1/2-3/4 of a cup of wild/brwn rice, with 8-10 oz of chicken breast, turkey breast, tuna, or grass-fed beef, and 1.5 cups of she type of leafy green about an hr before I workout. I never have issues during my workout. I know every one is different, but you gotta eat more and ditch the shakes. At least give it a try, week by week, kick out a shake from you diet until you only have 1-2.

I'll give you an understanding of how I eat everyday:

Wake-Up: 6:20am drink a cup of coffee or 2.
Bfast: 7:30am
-I'll always consume 6 organic free range eggs. I mix it up on the amount of yokes, but its typically 3whole+3 whites.
-I also starting adding a small chicken breast or a 4-6 oz ground beef (grassed beef) patty.
-1 cup of gluten free oats, 1 cup organic 2%milk, 1 packet stevia, and 1/2 cup of frozen berries (its a mix of strawberries, blueberries,
and blackberries).

I drink tons of water at work.

Lunch 1: 10:30am
8-10 oz chicken, beef, tuna, or turkey
1/2-3/4 cup of brown rice/wild rice mix
1-2 cups of green leaf veggies
I squeeze 1-2 key limes on all my food.

Pre workout shake: 11:15am
12g peptopro
3g creatine hcl
6g citrulline malate
1.5g agmatine sulfate

Workout: 12:00

Post workout shake: 1:20pm
12g peptopro
2 scoops problend
1 banana 15 mins after shake

Lunch 2: 2:30 pm
Same as lunch 1, but I will be switch the brown/wild rice mix to basmati starting tomorrow.

Lunch 3: 5:30pm
2 cups spinach
1/4 cup shredded organic mozzarella(from grass-fed cows)
6-8 oz chopped up chicken

Dinner: 7:00-7:30pm
8-12 oz of protein
2 cups broccoli, or cabbage, or spinach.
I might eat a small amount of complex carbs if I workout at night, but nothing above 50g of carbs

Peps at 10:30pm

Pre-bed casein shake w 9g l-leucine, 2 scoops of new toco-8, 2000mg vitamin c.

Thats the way I eat mon-friday. I never hear off this unless I have dinner with clients or occasionally on a thursday w the wife to break the monotony for her.

I love to cook and I get really creative with spices and herbs. Mrs. Dash has some really great sodium free seasonings. Garlic and onions help give food a ton of flavor.

Now this is what I'm talking about!!

O_RYAN_007
12-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Now this is what I'm talking about!!

:D The hell with all the supplements I used to waste my $$ on. Now I spend my hard earned money on some great high quality food. RXWhey is the only place I get supplements from; Primordial WAS the other.

Rulk
12-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Now that is an awesome breakdown and solid looking diet, O_Ryan! I too really like to get in the groove monday through friday and stick to the same thing. Keeping it simple and the same makes me follow it without much veering. In 2013 I want to stick to a weekend schedule, as that is when I would goof off and wreck any progress.

DJM
12-18-2012, 08:24 PM
if you are good all week, you can afford to slip on the weekend....but i wouldnt until you get closer to your target weight

first thing that is shocking is the amount of food......i dont see how you maintain 275 with that intake unless you have a metabolism that is ridiculously slow and/or your workouts arent getting the blood/heart going

i wont mention the taco bell as you know better, its not chicken man, my dogs eat better

heres my food mon-fri since we are all adding

830am cup oatmeal, cup blueberries, honey
9am 2scoops problend

1130am 6 whole eggs with greens and hot sauce

230pm 2cup quinoa or rice w/ can white tuna whole avocado and hot sauce

530pm prewo gatorade powder, 3g creatine hcl
6pm prewo 25g peptopro 2oz amino infusion
730pm postwo 2scoop problend

830pm tilapia rice greens (some days quinoa pasta and sauce)

1130pm 2scoop problend w/ pb

on sat i blaze lately and eat alot, sun i try to get back to normal
i cheat all over the place, my fav is pb n j or pasta
anything in a pan is cooked in evoo or coconut oil
i use a greens formula as well

as ryan said, i spend on food not supps outside staples from rxwhey like the protein stuff, hcl, and fish oil....thats it

shakes instead of meals are fine in your case, as i think its not the cals that matter but more so the macros of protein and fat, get them in however you can really

your comment on the shakes being easy, coupled with the multiple taco bell trips in a day is an example of where you are failing, you gotta try harder man, dont be lazy..........i know you will

O_RYAN_007
12-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Just get into the groove and pre-cook your meals. Buy a good amount of tupperware as its cheap, so you can store all the food. I will also agree with DJ on getting used to eating all the time... But just think, I GOTTA DO WHAT I GOTTA DO! No bitching, no complaining, just flip the fun switch and tell yourself it needs to be done. After a couple weeks your body will get into a groove and things will be much easier. Take this one week at a time. Talk to your woman about your goals, and get her on board too. That really helps me in the way that I eat. My wife doesn't eat exactly like me by any chance, but I cook really tasty healthy food, so she's on board for bfast and dinner (she even takes dinner left-overs for her lunch). When she moved in wife me over a year ago she was what she thought fat, but I got her eating ver similar to what I eat... She's def trimmed up, she's just a big baby when it comes to working out. I think I push her a little too hard... Either way, she's made her way back into the gym with me.

Scope75
12-18-2012, 08:50 PM
DJM for president..
Oh wait he's Canadian!! Lol

His post it spot on and I'm glad I'm not the only one that wonders how you maintain the size you do on what you eat.

Rulk
12-18-2012, 08:54 PM
Yeah, i'm definetly being lazy right now. I like the templates though, this gives me an idea of how to tweak mine. I may only do 3 or 4 whole meals a day, a pre and post shake, and either a shake or cottage cheese before bed.

O_RYAN_007
12-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Drink a bunch of water, eat more often to help kick start your metabolism, and give this article a read...
The Mountain Dog Diet – A Healthier Way to Get Lean/Add Muscleor Both! (http://articles.elitefts.com/nutrition/the-mountain-dog-diet-–-a-healthier-way-to-get-leanadd-muscle-or-both/)

I've been reading a lot from John Meadows lately and all I have to say is that this dude is amazing and knows his shit!

Rulk
12-18-2012, 08:57 PM
I followed a program over the summer, made by my brother and had all the tupperware with meals and the the cooler. Went from about 287 to 259. Gained 10 back in a little over a month after stopping. Just gotta get back on it.

Hoping to hit as close to 260lbs by the end of this month. I'm inspired to go lift and do cardio after work tonight.

Scope75
12-18-2012, 09:01 PM
WATER WATER AND MORE WATER!!
Can't believe I forgot to mention WATER!!
I drink 1-2 gallons a day and drink ice tea when I'm out.

Rulk
12-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Drink a bunch of water, eat more often to help kick start your metabolism, and give this article a read...
The Mountain Dog Diet – A Healthier Way to Get Lean/Add Muscleor Both! (http://articles.elitefts.com/nutrition/the-mountain-dog-diet-–-a-healthier-way-to-get-leanadd-muscle-or-both/)

I've been reading a lot from John Meadows lately and all I have to say is that this dude is amazing and knows his shit!

Good sounding info here. I am a bit burned out on meat to be honest, but I think I will start eating grass fed beef and more wild salmon. I think on the last solid program I was on, I was just sick of chicken...

Rulk
12-18-2012, 09:10 PM
WATER WATER AND MORE WATER!!
Can't believe I forgot to mention WATER!!
I drink 1-2 gallons a day and drink ice tea when I'm out.

I try to get 8 blender bottles of water a day. 20oz times 8 = 160oz of water. I have started to drop starbucks drinks, soda pop, and fruit smoothies from my diet too. A lot of my calories used to come in that way. And I know better..

Scope75
12-18-2012, 10:00 PM
I try to get 8 blender bottles of water a day. 20oz times 8 = 160oz of water. I have started to drop starbucks drinks, soda pop, and fruit smoothies from my diet too. A lot of my calories used to come in that way. And I know better..

Now we know where all your cals are coming from and its more drinks. .. Lol

O_RYAN_007
12-18-2012, 10:02 PM
Good sounding info here. I am a bit burned out on meat to be honest, but I think I will start eating grass fed beef and more wild salmon. I think on the last solid program I was on, I was just sick of chicken...

Eat Wild - Find Your State (http://www.eatwild.com/products/index.html)

You can get some ground beef for about $5/LB; maybe cheaper, but thats what I'm paying at the moment. You don't have to worry about the fat in this meat.

Scope75
12-18-2012, 10:03 PM

Check out this meal!!
What's needed..
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s408/scope75/5F45FDFD-DB1C-41A1-903D-B3CF445F3964-5111-000006AB281EE7D6_zpsab14cf34.jpg
Meal Completed...
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s408/scope75/44E7E102-2136-46AC-B116-B1660A3E9C61-5111-000006AB2D7745F1_zps0e6b173a.jpg

Swap out that chicken for tuna, other fish, or beef and you have a completely different meal.
Grill the peppers and its different add onion or grill the onion add garlic grill the garlic!!
We where I'm going with this??
1 combo of things can be so many different meals.

Rulk
12-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Eat Wild - Find Your State (http://www.eatwild.com/products/index.html)

You can get some ground beef for about $5/LB; maybe cheaper, but thats what I'm paying at the moment. You don't have to worry about the fat in this meat.

There is a butcher where I live, and it's actually where my brother gets his Grass fed beef. I'm digging the link you posted too, thank you very much bro.

@ Scope. That salad looks off the hook bro. Love the avacodos and the peppers!

Scope75
12-18-2012, 10:41 PM
Tasted better than it looked and I doubled it half way threw by adding in more salad mix and broccoli to it.

markam
12-19-2012, 06:21 AM
Really good stuff in this thread! I'm cutting now as I put on some fat on my Andromass cycle.
Very roughly, my schedule is like this.

Wake up.
Aminos & MCT oil
Workout
12am Carb based meal maybe 600kcal
3pm Aminos & MCT oil
6pm med fat high protein zero carb meal
Bedtime Aminos & MCT oil. Maybe some almond butter and a oatcake.

I'm using Slin-Sane before my carb meal, and some other stuff like ECA, Pes Alpha T-2, and I should mention 6AL/6AH & Dermacrine.
I was about 93kgs eight weeks ago and am now 87kgs. My gool is 10-12% bf, strength but not size as my joints are better when I'm lighter.

Scope75
12-19-2012, 11:11 AM
So what was packed to eat today???
Or what do you have planned to eat today??

Rodja
12-19-2012, 11:56 AM

Agreed on everything sans the meals/metabolism part. There's nothing to back this up despite the constantly purported "6 meals per day" rhetoric that's in the magazines.

Sorrow
12-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Agreed on everything sans the meals/metabolism part. There's nothing to back this up despite the constantly purported "6 meals per day" rhetoric that's in the magazines.

Agreed. You'll be hard pressed to find any actual evidence that supports 6 meals a day. At least not anything I've seen that convinced me. BUT, I will also say do what works for you and stay the course man!

BR99TAL
12-19-2012, 12:42 PM
i dont want to beat that organic stuff, as a mate of mine actually tried that all organic route on an 500mg test enth cycle and he felt enormous. cost him 600eur a month for a 3200kcal lower carb intake a day.
i remember asking a local farmer how much a free range, non antibiotic fed chicken would cost - 2pounds 30eurs.

Scope75
12-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Consistency is key and just by taking out TB and all the drinks will help you drop pounds and drop them quick.

Rulk
12-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Really good stuff in this thread! I'm cutting now as I put on some fat on my Andromass cycle.
Very roughly, my schedule is like this.

Wake up.
Aminos & MCT oil
Workout
12am Carb based meal maybe 600kcal
3pm Aminos & MCT oil
6pm med fat high protein zero carb meal
Bedtime Aminos & MCT oil. Maybe some almond butter and a oatcake.

I'm using Slin-Sane before my carb meal, and some other stuff like ECA, Pes Alpha T-2, and I should mention 6AL/6AH & Dermacrine.
I was about 93kgs eight weeks ago and am now 87kgs. My gool is 10-12% bf, strength but not size as my joints are better when I'm lighter.

How are you liking the PES Alpha T-2? What do you experience as far as side effects, if any at all?

So what was packed to eat today???
Or what do you have planned to eat today?? Fasting till about 6:30pm, and i'll have maybe a past meal with chicken.

Throughout the day I will either have a Peptopro shake, Humapro, or a Problend shake. Each shake will have about 8 grams of Leucine.

When I get home I will have a shake and a sandwich most likely.

Consistency is key and just by taking out TB and all the drinks will help you drop pounds and drop them quick.

Hell yeah. To be honest with you guys, I will not implement the "Ideal diet plan", untill the new year. I know they are excuses, but untill then, I will be getting all my ducks in a row and preparing everything. So the haphazard dieting will continue till about January 2nd.

Scope75
12-19-2012, 04:39 PM
How are you liking the PES Alpha T-2? What do you experience as far as side effects, if any at all?

I've took it and liked it. No sides that I could tell.
For you I'd wait until your leaner before taking fat burners and the like. You can lose so much with just diet and exercise they'd be a waste right now. IMO

Fasting till about 6:30pm, and i'll have maybe a past meal with chicken.

Throughout the day I will either have a Peptopro shake, Humapro, or a Problend shake. Each shake will have about 8 grams of Leucine.

When I get home I will have a shake and a sandwich most likely.

Well are you fasting or having shakes all day?? Lol
When I fast I only take in aminos and that's it because more than that is no longer a fast in my eyes.
Shakes to me are a fast breaker but that might not be the case for you.

Hell yeah. To be honest with you guys, I will not implement the "Ideal diet plan", untill the new year. I know they are excuses, but untill then, I will be getting all my ducks in a row and preparing everything. So the haphazard dieting will continue till about January 2nd.

Same here!
I still am keeping it clean right now but when 2013 rolls around its going to be strict and clean 7 days a week unless it's a cheat day.

xxiv
12-19-2012, 04:50 PM

I'm using the same battle plan, I'm in a transitionary period too. I am keeping an eye on what I am eating and how I am feeling and introducing now foods and meals to come up with a diet that will work.

good luck.

Scope75
12-19-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm using the same battle plan, I'm in a transitionary period too. I am keeping an eye on what I am eating and how I am feeling and introducing now foods and meals to come up with a diet that will work.

good luck.

What foods/meals have you found that work and don't work for you?

Scope75
12-19-2012, 05:16 PM
NOA I was just reading John Meadows site and without even paying him anything you should be able to build a nice diet plan off of what he recommends as good sources of pro, fat, and carbs.
I'll be going back threw that site tonight and start planning my attack on 2013!!
All new diet and training for 2013 and that plan is starting now not next year!!

Scope75
12-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Mountain Dog Diet - John Meadows (http://mountaindogdiet.com/)

Here's the link for guys that haven't checked out John's site..
I like that he keeps the food and food choices simple and easy!!
I'll also be building a workout/lifting program off of his site too.
My plan is to do the big 3 like always but add 2-4 exercises he shows on his site and YouTube channel to each of those lifts.

What's your guys thoughts on this?

markam
12-19-2012, 05:45 PM

I think Alpha T-2 is very effective, and I take two Alpha T2 with 2 BPS Combustion and then one of each 6-8 hours later. I find I sweat a little more than usual, but it's pretty good at controlling appetite. Initially I would say that you need appetite control, so a ECA stack would be suitable. I only eat two meals a day and if I eat carbs it will be with the first meal, and the next meal will be nearly zero carbs to avoid any insulin spike. Learning about insulin has helped me immensely with my diet, as I need some sort of methology. I can't just do 'what is best for me' unless I understand the reasoning behind what I'm doing. Today I didn't train and my first meal was Tuna and bean sprouts with chilli and soya sauce, and my second meal was smoked salmon and avocado in a seaweed wrap. Maybe not that exciting, but it's healthy and filling.

Coolazice
12-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Mountain Dog Diet - John Meadows (http://mountaindogdiet.com/)

Here's the link for guys that haven't checked out John's site..
I like that he keeps the food and food choices simple and easy!!
I'll also be building a workout/lifting program off of his site too.
My plan is to do the big 3 like always but add 2-4 exercises he shows on his site and YouTube channel to each of those lifts.

What's your guys thoughts on this?

I say go for it and post what you come up with, but do it in your own thread and quit hijacking Noa's thread!!! J/K... He's pretty laid back so I seriously doubt it bothers him.

Scope75
12-19-2012, 06:04 PM
I say go for it and post what you come up with, but do it in your own thread and quit hijacking Noa's thread!!! J/K... He's pretty laid back so I seriously doubt it bothers him.

Lol!
I'll for sure be making a new diet and lifting plan and will post it in my thread when its complete.
John has been brought up in a bunch if threads lately so I'll give his ideas a shot and see how it goes.

xxiv
What foods/meals have you found that work and don't work for you?

I need routine to my meals. 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup walnuts, 1/2 cup crasins has been my go to meal for awhile. It needs improvement, the crasins could be replaced, perhaps another berry, the crasins are just very convenient. This is my favorite meal base.

I used to pack sandwiches but I got tired of them, I used to pack milk but after awhile my guts hurt. I also used to do fast food, pizza and deli food and looked like shit. I am shying away from moderate milk intake with my protein mix and moving towards blending protein mix into the bars and nut butter.

I was packing pasta or rice, 4oz of meat and a veg but it's a little too expensive and time consuming (I grill on charcoal). I am hoping the quinoa, home made nut butter and veg will be a suitable replacement. I'll see how long I can tolerate it.

When I go to my 9 to 5 I usually bring 5 packed meals with me. 2 oat meals and 2 lunch type that I eat and an extra oat meal just in case. When I get down to business I would like to have a repertoire of go to meals that's a little more balanced and cut down to only a few select cheat meals a week. I also have pre and post w/o and morning consumption as well as dinner.

foods I would like to start incorporating. olive oil, yogurt, more fish, more variety in veggies.

sorry for the slight hijack Noa.

DJM
noa man
get the alpha t2 out your head and spend the 35$ on vegetables

Scope75
12-19-2012, 06:07 PM
I think Alpha T-2 is very effective, and I take two Alpha T2 with 2 BPS Combustion and then one of each 6-8 hours later. I find I sweat a little more than usual, but it's pretty good at controlling appetite. Initially I would say that you need appetite control, so a ECA stack would be suitable. I only eat two meals a day and if I eat carbs it will be with the first meal, and the next meal will be nearly zero carbs to avoid any insulin spike. Learning about insulin has helped me immensely with my diet, as I need some sort of methology. I can't just do 'what is best for me' unless I understand the reasoning behind what I'm doing. Today I didn't train and my first meal was Tuna and bean sprouts with chilli and soya sauce, and my second meal was smoked salmon and avocado in a seaweed wrap. Maybe not that exciting, but it's healthy and filling.
That all sounds smart and healthy to me.
I'm the same way and need to know why something works not just that it works. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

noa man
X2!!
First supp brought up and he's al over it. Lol
I was the same way and used to buy supps like mad until I realized they don't do shit without a good diet and training plan. Now I try and keep it as simple as possible and I also have more cash for meat and veggies.

Coolazice
12-19-2012, 06:08 PM
Lol!
I'll for sure be making a new diet and lifting plan and will post it in my thread when its complete.
John has been brought up in a bunch if threads lately so I'll give his ideas a shot and see how it goes.

The man is a monster and really does sound like he knows his stuff. I've been reading a bit about his diet myself in order to hopefully find something doable for me too.

Scope75
12-19-2012, 06:11 PM
The man is a monster and really does sound like he knows his stuff. I've been reading a bit about his diet myself in order to hopefully find something doable for me too.

Yeah the more I read the more I want to try it out.
The main thing for me is the diet plan seems easy to follow and his food choices are all tight up my alley.

Coolazice
12-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Yeah the more I read the more I want to try it out.
The main thing for me is the diet plan seems easy to follow and his food choices are all tight up my alley.
Yeah, I like what I've read. Now I just need to source all the food and try getting my girlfriend on the same page as me. (yeah, right!!!)

Scope75
12-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Yeah, I like what I've read. Now I just need to source all the food and try getting my girlfriend on the same page as me. (yeah, right!!!)

Lol. Good luck with the GF.
I'll be eating regular non organic/free range food but will buy it when I can, and will slowly make the switch to all free range in the next few months.
Just wanting to move into my own house before I start spending mad money on food and having others think its ok to eat it. Lol

Coolazice
12-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Yeah, thanks! lol

You may be surprised at how affordable some items are, but most are a bit costly. I'd probably hold out too till I could make sure people weren't snagging my 'good' food.

Scope75
12-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Yeah, thanks! lol

You may be surprised at how affordable some items are, but most are a bit costly. I'd probably hold out too till I could make sure people weren't snagging my 'good' food.

The money isn't an issue its others eating my high quality food that's the problem.
I don't have a problem spending more for free range or organic food because the benefits out way the cost.
Now I just need to hunt around and find myself a good ranch and build a relationship with them and hope to get some kickbacks or discounts for bringing customers to them.

Rulk
12-19-2012, 07:02 PM
noa man

I recieved 2 bottles free a year ago. Ran it for 3 and 1/2 weeks and saw good results, but I wanted to wait untill I hit a plateau in weight loss before I started again. Just wanted to see what other people thought. It's pretty legit product. I have a bottle of recreate as well, that I will try agains soon. It kills my appetite, more than than Alpha T-2 did.

Oh and the thread hijacks, I don't mind at all. The discussion is centered around food, dieting, timing, supplements and so on, so all the info is welcome.

Update: I got hungry and had a small broccolli chedder soup and a vegetable salad with ranch dressing ( table spoon amount, roughly ). And for my protein I added a boiled egg and 30g of problend. I will say this. I am so tired of eating meat, and even though I am not a vegetarian, I am finding myself using protien shakes more and more for my needs, versus eating meat.

I'm just sick of eating meat, I have eaten copious amounts of meat untill I started cutting out red in the begining of 2011, and that took a while to get used to. I would consider myself the burger king for realz. I had to have red meat everyday.

In the fall of 2011 I started experimenting with vegetarian and really enjoyed it. Long story short, I cut back on meat and I don't really crave it anymore. It's a good thing too, because i'm not so into lifting weights like I used to be. Back then I would really crave meat.

Scope75
12-19-2012, 07:51 PM
So are you telling us you may go vegetarian??

O_RYAN_007
12-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Yeah, thanks! lol

The ground beef isn't too bad, and neither is a buying whole chicken... About $4.50-5.00/# for the ground beef, and $3.50-4.00/# for a whole chicken.

Scope75
12-19-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm more interested in half a steer and multiple whole chickens.
I have a local guy that has the chickens just need to find a killer deal on the half a steer deal.
I'll find it thou because my uncle raises cattle so he'll know a few guys.

Coolazice
12-19-2012, 08:01 PM
The ground beef isn't too bad, and neither is a buying whole chicken... About $4.50-5.00/# for the ground beef, and $3.50-4.00/# for a whole chicken.
$4.00/lb for 90/10 grass-fed here. I forget what the chickens went for.

Scope75
12-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Does the price drop if you buy 15-20 pounds at a time?
I buy bulk and eat big so I want to pick up lots and save cash if it works like that.

DJM
12-19-2012, 08:09 PM
hes coming over to the dark side

Coolazice
12-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Does the price drop if you buy 15-20 pounds at a time?
I buy bulk and eat big so I want to pick up lots and save cash if it works like that.

That's something I plan on looking into when I'm in a better financial position.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL!!!

Scope75
12-19-2012, 08:15 PM
That's something I plan on looking into when I'm in a better financial position.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL!!!

I'll have to call the 3 kinda local places to me after the first and see what I can find out and who will give me the best service and deal.
I'll also be visiting them just to see exactly how these animals are living, being treated and being killed.

Rulk
12-19-2012, 08:43 PM

Kind of close, but technically no.

I'm more interested in half a steer and multiple whole chickens.
I have a local guy that has the chickens just need to find a killer deal on the half a steer deal.
I'll find it thou because my uncle raises cattle so he'll know a few guys.

Jay Cutler used to pick out his cow, and the butcher would carve it up, grind some of it up ( maybe all of it, I can't quite remember ), and seperated. Jay would pack it in a freezer and eat the whole cow. I forget how long it took him to eat it all. Great strategy for saving money and packing on size.

I've gone through stretches of going over to the "dark side". I'm finding I don't have the stomach for meat as I once did. I rarely eat read meat. I eat chicken more than anything, and I wish I ate more fish. Sometimes i'll go days without eating meat and then have some like friday, saturday and sunday.

Lately I have been eating more veggies and fruits and feeling better. Yeah, I guess i've grown out of eating meat. It's really weird for me.

Scope75
12-19-2012, 08:51 PM
What you said Jay did is what I'm interested in but not all gound up. I still want some lean steaks and some thick fucking ribeyes!!
All this vegetarian talk is making me want a medium rare steak with double veggies and a salad.. Lol

Scope75
12-19-2012, 08:57 PM
Grass Fed Beef for Sale (http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/grd/3484551191.html)
Now that's what I'm talking about!!

Scope75
12-19-2012, 09:06 PM
http://www.MassaNaturalMeats.com
Digging this place too!!
Now its time to find eggs, chicken, and fish.

ryansm
12-20-2012, 01:55 PM
Wow Noa you need to eat bud, how do you do that? I would pass out with such little food intake although I eat a lot more than most people do.

DJM
12-20-2012, 02:06 PM
Wow Noa you need to eat bud, how do you do that? I would pass out with such little food intake although I eat a lot more than most people do.

its all the sugar hes getting via liquids thats keeping him satiated it seems

Rulk
12-20-2012, 03:56 PM

I will make up for it a day or two down the road by eating more calories. The downfall of not being a consistant eater :(

its all the sugar hes getting via liquids thats keeping him satiated it seems

I started looking at my calorie intake from liquids and even though I know better, I had to put a stop to it.

Update:

Down in weight- 268.1 lbs!

930 ish- 12g peptopro, 8g Leucine, 4g silk amino acids
10:30- jits
12 noon- done with jits
12:15- arrive at gym, drink same shake as above, shower and get ready for work
1:10pm- Ordered 2 cantina burritos, but i'm fasting untill about 2pm to eat the first one. It's about 500 calories per burrito, and the healthiest choice ingrediant wise at Taco Bell.

At 1:30 I took 7 Keto Lean from Beverly. It knocks my appetite down greatly.

Scope75
12-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Wow!!
All the recommendations in this thread and your still on shakes and Taco Bell!!
Nothing at Taco Bell is healthy and I'd rather see you eat a real burrito from a Mexican restaurant than TB!

xxiv
12-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Wow!!
Nothing at Taco Bell is healthy and I'd rather see you eat a real burrito from a Mexican restaurant than TB!

small bites and small steps.
If I passed a tacobell in my normal travels I don't think I would beable to control myself.

Rulk
12-20-2012, 05:03 PM
Wow!!

I know... Not now, but I will be dropping the TB completely in 2013 and bringing my own food with me everywhere. The pre and post shake imo, are so small and only to support jits, so it's kind of like a fast before I eat whole foods.

The 7 Keto lean has just zapped my appetite. Could not even finish my burrito.

When I start eating my own food, I will do a beans and rice burrito with chopped up peppers, cabbage, maybe some jalepenos and or peppercinis. For meat I may add sauted chicken. Eating 3 of those throughout the day is easy for me to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta work on pushing myself away from the dinner table now...

markam
12-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Wow!!

Yeah, with the greatest respect, Noa, you're paying a shitload of money for these sups like 'silk Aminos' then eating at Taco Bell. WTF???
Maybe save the sups til you've got the diet on track. Please don't take this the wrong way; I only know too well how hard it is to stick to a diet, but it can be done. (Today my post workout meal ended up as a 1000+ calorie carb binge, but I managed (just) to get back on track for my evening meal).

Rulk
12-20-2012, 05:23 PM
Yeah, with the greatest respect, Noa, you're paying a shitload of money for these sups like 'silk Aminos' then eating at Taco Bell. WTF???
Maybe save the sups til you've got the diet on track. Please don't take this the wrong way; I only know too well how hard it is to stick to a diet, but it can be done. (Today my post workout meal ended up as a 1000+ calorie carb binge, but I managed (just) to get back on track for my evening meal).

I know, kind of defeats the purpose, but since I have them, i'm going to use the supps. I'll cut back on the supps in January and start eating more whole food. For the supps though, i'm gonna stick with protein powder, creatine and leucine. As far as adding more real food to my diet, that is something I will have to build up to gradually. Don't worry guys, I will not be continuing the bad habits into the new year, but for now in the holiday season, i'm going for easy.

Last year I somehow managed to develop "Shingles" ( which still effects my nerves on the left side ) and it was due to stress. This year I am actively avoiding stressfull situations and thought patterns. My transition into January should be pretty smooth, and hopefully not too dramatic, as that can effect stress as well.

Here are some rules I will be following in 2013-
-No fried food
-Drink mainly water 99% of the time
-Eat only the food on my diet
-Eat only the food prepared for me at home
-Eat more whole food and less sports supplements
-Practice portion control ( I can binge with the best of them )
-Avoid simple sugars as much as possible
-Eat more veggies and fruits
-Avoid fattening dishes and foods
-Eat something ( healthy ) at least every 3 hours, but work with the fasting part of my program
-Make preperation a habit
-Make consistency a habit
thats off the top of my head^

DJM
12-20-2012, 05:26 PM
I will make up for it a day or two down the road by eating more calories. The downfall of not being a consistant eater :(

I started looking at my calorie intake from liquids and even though I know better, I had to put a stop to it.

Update:

Down in weight- 268.1 lbs!

930 ish- 12g peptopro, 8g Leucine, 4g silk amino acids
10:30- jits
12 noon- done with jits
12:15- arrive at gym, drink same shake as above, shower and get ready for work
1:10pm- Ordered 2 cantina burritos, but i'm fasting untill about 2pm to eat the first one. It's about 500 calories per burrito, and the healthiest choice ingrediant wise at Taco Bell.

At 1:30 I took 7 Keto Lean from Beverly. It knocks my appetite down greatly.

- do you find the silk aminos are anything special? you seem to like them, ontop of the peptopro too
- when you walk by the taco bell do you here whispers 'hulk....hulk....come here....mmmm...we have something for you
there is no healthy choice there, or at mcds, or bk, or any of these places.....they are great for extra cals for adding size, which you want to drastically drop.....its not real meat noa, its ground up beaks and feet dude......
- why the 7keto at 130 to curb appetite with the expectation of eating a burrito 30min later?

a log is great to hold you accountable, hence you need to explain these choices!!!!
if work schedule and/or no access to a microwave is the reason, learn to love tuna....or fkn cold meatloaf sandwich (as a kid, leftovers were made into a sandwich with mayo for school, fkn killer).....both, the tuna or ground beef are actual meat/food and better quality......avocado on either to add some bulk and satiate the appetite so you dont need to buy the silk stuff seeing you already use peptopro

good update tho, and cool its honest, as im sure posting more tacobell you knew youd hear it from us lol

DJM
12-20-2012, 05:28 PM
-Practice portion control ( I can binge with the best of them )

cause of the weed dude

https://www.supplementsource.ca/v/vspfiles/assets/images/slider-1.jpg
merry christmas

burlyman30
12-20-2012, 05:41 PM
Noa, you're paying a shitload of money for these sups like 'silk Aminos' then eating at Taco Bell. WTF???
Maybe save the sups til you've got the diet on track.

- why the 7keto at 130 to curb appetite with the expectation of eating a burrito 30min later?

a log is great to hold you accountable, hence you need to explain these choices!!!!

Good observations and excellent advice. Repped. Some things just don't compute. Not wanting to drag you over the coals, but it's important you see what others can see in order for you to make some changes. We all want you to succeed. But hopefully not more than you want to.

markam
12-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Maybe a thread with posts re peoples successful cuts would be useful. One thing I'm finding very helpful is eating only two of three meals a day, and having strict meal times and absolutely no snacks between meals, mind you, silk aminos are ok:)

O_RYAN_007
12-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Life is as simple as you make it brother. The hell with waiting until the new year, just get your mind right now. I say drop the BS, TB, and get things started now. I mean how hard is it to saute a chicken breaths or 2 or 7, buy a bag of spinach, and wrap it all up in a whole wheat (or gluten free) pita? It's really not hard at all. Get up 2 hrs before you usually do, go shopping, and cook all your meals. I wake up at 5:00am in the morning when I don't feel like cooking at night or I forget to cook my meals.

L say waiting until the new year begins is just making it harder on you. Slowly start doing it NOW.

RRR

DJM
12-20-2012, 06:00 PM
^^^
simple
dont think you cant eat taco bell ,
think you dont want to

O_RYAN_007
12-20-2012, 06:05 PM
^^^
simple
think you dont want to

I say the same with McDonald's and MOST fast foods. There's a burger joint in TX called Whataburger that I just really can't pass up on Sunday's. Trip meats are my fav!!

xxiv
12-20-2012, 06:10 PM
^^^
simple
think you dont want to

agreed, Last year, when I quit smoking cigars like cigarettes and drinking and started lifting and cleaning up my diet I got shit from people. It's difficult enough without outside negativity.

Telling yourself and other people that you are doing what you choose to do as opposed to the things you can't do is empowering.

BBG
12-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Dieting is JUST like weight training.

-You can't go from benching 100 lbs to benching 400 lbs. in a day.

-You can't go from eating poorly to eating amazingly in a day, either.

It's just too much to do and oftentimes people just quit because it really is difficult to eat very well.

Just remove one bad thing from your diet each week and add one good thing each week.

- "This week I'll only eat fast food on the weekends."
- "This week I'll add vegetables every day with at least one meal"
- "This week I'll make sure I eat 30 grams of protein each meal."
- "This week I'll stop eating deserts on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays"

markam
12-20-2012, 06:49 PM

It's just too much to do and oftentimes people just quit because it really is difficult to eat very well.

Just remove one bad thing from your diet each week and add one good thing each week.

Good points, but I would say it's very important to outline what you want your diet to be, then you can make gradually progress towards your goal.

Scope75
12-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Life is as simple as you make it brother. The hell with waiting until the new year, just get your mind right now. I say drop the BS, TB, and get things started now. I mean how hard is it to saute a chicken breaths or 2 or 7, buy a bag of spinach, and wrap it all up in a whole wheat (or gluten free) pita? It's really not hard at all. Get up 2 hrs before you usually do, go shopping, and cook all your meals. I wake up at 5:00am in the morning when I don't feel like cooking at night or I forget to cook my meals.

L say waiting until the new year begins is just making it harder on you. Slowly start doing it NOW.

RRR
x1000

Don't put your health off!!

Rulk
12-20-2012, 08:43 PM
- do you find the silk aminos are anything special? you seem to like them, ontop of the peptopro too
I tried the SAA's from blox and thought maybe they were helping with recovery a little bit, who really knows? I saw that True Nutrition had them and so I wanted to give em a shot, again. They are much cheaper too than blox.

- when you walk by the taco bell do you here whispers 'hulk....hulk....come here....mmmm...we have something for you
there is no healthy choice there, or at mcds, or bk, or any of these places.....they are great for extra cals for adding size, which you want to drastically drop.....its not real meat noa, its ground up beaks and feet dude......

Ha! My carpooler and jits buddy, we get super hungry after jits and want to hit up something fast and semi healthy ( yes I know TB is not healthy, but it's better than a lot of other fast food joints ).

if work schedule and/or no access to a microwave is the reason, learn to love tuna....or fkn cold meatloaf sandwich (as a kid, leftovers were made into a sandwich with mayo for school, fkn killer).....both, the tuna or ground beef are actual meat/food and better quality......avocado on either to add some bulk and satiate the appetite so you dont need to buy the silk stuff seeing you already use peptopro

good update tho, and cool its honest, as im sure posting more tacobell you knew youd hear it from us lol

I try to be honest as possible and yes I know I was gonna get raped:eek: Well after some peer pressure, the lady called and asked if I wanted spaghetti for dinner tonight. I told her no and asked for chicken and broccolli instead. So I guess I will start the journey now, gradually and not have such a jump into the new year.

But to be clear, I am not going to be super strict and hardcore on my diet. Dinner with the lady on the weekend and a little treat here and there is not going to impede my progress. I'm not a trying to do a bodybuilding contest ( thank goodness ), just trying to get in shape. We'll see how things go. I'm sure once I start lifting regulalry to enhance my jits, I will be hungrier and want to eat whole food more.

Rulk
12-20-2012, 08:54 PM
agreed, Last year, when I quit smoking cigars like cigarettes and drinking and started lifting and cleaning up my diet I got shit from people. It's difficult enough without outside negativity.

Telling yourself and other people that you are doing what you choose to do as opposed to the things you can't do is empowering.

That is one thing I also did. I stopped drinking so damn much. From September to about a weekend or so ago, I have been drinking much more than usual. My favorite drink right now is the Angry Orchard Crisp Apple ale, with a shot of Fireball whiskey... Not to mention all the micros I drink on a regular basis too. I can come home and kill a few drinks and hit the hay. Since starting jits though, I am slowly starting to develop good habits, or drop bad ones. Jits makes you want to live healthier. You notice an improvement in performance when you start cutting out the bad stuff and replacing it with the good stuff.

My gout wich comes and goes, depending on water intake and diet, popped up it's head recently. I upped water, cut out beer, avoided shell fish and meat, or anything with nitrates and started drinking the dark berry smoothies.. Gout gone and no meds needed.

I dig this^. Gradually making changes sometimes insures lasting success. I have started to add healthy habits and replace the bad ones. Not all of them, but i'm on the right path.

x1000

Don't put your health off!!

Amen! I am very motivated by my health and want to build the best possible base I can achieve now, and at least maintain for as long as possible.

Scope75
12-21-2012, 12:14 AM
Yeah it's all one step at a time but they have to be in the right direction.
So get to steppin and make sure they are all moving you forward and towards your goal.

markam
12-21-2012, 03:37 AM
That is one thing I also did. I stopped drinking so damn much. From September to about a weekend or so ago, I have been drinking much more than usual. My favorite drink right now is the Angry Orchard Crisp Apple ale, with a shot of Fireball whiskey... Not to mention all the micros I drink on a regular basis too. I can come home and kill a few drinks and hit the hay. Since starting jits though, I am slowly starting to develop good habits, or drop bad ones. Jits makes you want to live healthier. You notice an improvement in performance when you start cutting out the bad stuff and replacing it with the good stuff.

I used to drink a fair bit, and I blame alcohol for plenty of things including weight problems. One of the great things about being on cycle is that you can't drink. OK, you can, but after investing all that money in a cycle, it doesn't make sense to.

Anyway, any alcohol calories you consume have to get used before calories from food. Yep, alcohol calories get preferential treatment and jump to the head of the queue, so that Burrito will most probably get stored as fat. Basically unless you are on an extreme calorie deficit, you definitely won't lose weight if you are drinking, but you probably know this already. Anyway, it's the end of the world, or is it?

Scope75
12-21-2012, 06:21 AM
Alcohol sucks!!!
Just quit that shit all together and thank me later!! Lol
I haven't had a drop of alcohol, booze, beer, or any of the other names its called in 6+ months and I feel the best I ever have.
Eating right, lifting, cardio, and no booze equals quicker results.
Oh not to mention I have way more spending cash now that I dont buy that junk called alcohol..
Now with that said I'm not some alcohol hater and have no problems with it other than I choose not to drink it.
Only time I'd ever consider drinking again would be with my Dad as we share a prime rib dinner and a 50-100 dollar bottle of red.

Scope75
12-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Check out this meal!!
Super easy, quick, and tasty...
All that's needed is broccoli, chicken, and Greek yogurt for a dressing.
Only used 1/3 cup or less of yogurt but added a avocado to it.
Took all of 5-10 minutes to make.
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s408/scope75/34C2BF8E-3E50-4D24-8F54-64F63805F5B7-419-000000218A57D779_zps2fed93cd.jpg

DJM
12-21-2012, 02:59 PM
my rice/tuna/avocado/hotsauce looks like that lol, puree
nice post, good meal idea

Scope75
12-21-2012, 03:10 PM
my rice/tuna/avocado/hotsauce looks like that lol, puree
nice post, good meal idea
That sounds pretty good.

Just like your meal all that's needed to change it completely is a new protein source, and just doing that keeps it fresh and new.
Swap the chicken out for tuna, turkey, Beef, or whatever you have in the fridge and your done.
Oh and I know for sure that it's way better and healthier than Taco Bell.

DJM
12-21-2012, 03:13 PM
^^^the avocado even, dont fkn tell me taco bell or subway are using avocados man lol....if they are its a serious concentrate

Scope75
12-21-2012, 03:35 PM
^^^the avocado even, dont fkn tell me taco bell or subway are using avocados man lol....if they are its a serious concentrate
That green shit they call avocado is like green paste and flavoring. If it is real its packed full of fake shit to keep it looking green for a week.

O_RYAN_007
12-21-2012, 03:48 PM
That green shit they call avocado is like green paste and flavoring. If it is real its packed full of fake shit to keep it looking green for a week.

I agree!

Scope75
12-21-2012, 04:26 PM
I agree!

Now we just need to get NOA to see the light!

Rulk
12-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Alcohol sucks!!!
Just quit that shit all together and thank me later!! Lol
I haven't had a drop of alcohol, booze, beer, or any of the other names its called in 6+ months and I feel the best I ever have.
Eating right, lifting, cardio, and no booze equals quicker results.
Oh not to mention I have way more spending cash now that I dont buy that junk called alcohol..
Now with that said I'm not some alcohol hater and have no problems with it other than I choose not to drink it.
Only time I'd ever consider drinking again would be with my Dad as we share a prime rib dinner and a 50-100 dollar bottle of red.

I am going to take a page out of Randy Coutures book and stop drinking. I may have the occasional drink, but yeah, it pretty much does not have a place in my program. The bottle or red sounds great though...

It's kind of weird to be honest.

Now we just need to get NOA to see the light!

No taco bell for me today!

Update:
Last night I had the serious case of the munchies ;). I had a cup of cottage cheese, a big glass of almond milk. After that I was still hungry and so I ate 2 chicken breast.

This morning I weighed in at 266.6lbs. I like where this is going...

So far I have not eating, not even a shake yet. Took 1 capsule of 7 Keto Lean, wich kills my appetite even further.

Scope75
12-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Now we are getting somewhere!!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and those aren't the munchies that's your body wanting real food!! Lol

Rulk
12-21-2012, 05:57 PM
Now we are getting somewhere!!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and those aren't the munchies that's your body wanting real food!! Lol

I tend to get the most hungry at night, that's why inter. fasting agrees with me, for the most part.

Scope75
12-21-2012, 06:00 PM
I tend to get the most hungry at night, that's why inter. fasting agrees with me, for the most part.

Same here!!
I'm never hungry during the day unless I eat breakfast then I'm hungry all day.
I eat like a mad man at night thou.

DJM
12-21-2012, 06:21 PM
is it that you are hungry at night cause of the starving during the day?
why not take advantage of your lack of appetite and just eat carbs at night? none all day?
also after your original diet postings, im thinking you have big hunger at night because of the above, your size, and something to think about.....your body needs certain vitamins and minerals to function, when its lacking it sends the message of hunger to the brain, eating taco bell doesnt fullfill the requirement thus the message persists (hence the term empty calories)......in a week or two, of eating better, see if those hunger pangs at night dont subside a little....its not the answer, but could be contributing to this

Scope75
12-21-2012, 06:34 PM
DJM that post should hit home for more than NOA because I have a feeling that why I'm so hungry at night too.
I eat good but should eat more. Whenever I prime or cut cals I get hungry at night and even thou I shouldn't be eating I can't stop myself. I'll say no no no then Walk to the fridge and eat eat eat. Lol
Healthy food is key but the right amount is what unlocks the door.

Rulk
12-21-2012, 07:33 PM
is it that you are hungry at night cause of the starving during the day?
why not take advantage of your lack of appetite and just eat carbs at night? none all day?
also after your original diet postings, im thinking you have big hunger at night because of the above, your size, and something to think about.....your body needs certain vitamins and minerals to function, when its lacking it sends the message of hunger to the brain, eating taco bell doesnt fullfill the requirement thus the message persists (hence the term empty calories)......in a week or two, of eating better, see if those hunger pangs at night dont subside a little....its not the answer, but could be contributing to this

I will have to keep an eye on things and adjust accordingly. I do tend to hold off during the day and sometimes slip up at night. Some days I am hungry all day and will feed throughout, all day.

DJM that post should hit home for more than NOA because I have a feeling that why I'm so hungry at night too.
I eat good but should eat more. Whenever I prime or cut cals I get hungry at night and even thou I shouldn't be eating I can't stop myself. I'll say no no no then Walk to the fridge and eat eat eat. Lol
Healthy food is key but the right amount is what unlocks the door.

That has happened all too often in my lifetime :( . It's not as bad as it used to be, as I have a little more self control.

Update: had a shake at 4:30ish pm. and now i'm having a veggie salad with ranch ( broccolli, red peppers, cucumbers ) with shredded cheese sprinkled on top. 2 chicken breasts and a diet pepsi. Already feeling full after a few bites. chicken sucks, it was grilled in heavy oil. btw i got this at my work, where we have a full kitchen.

DJM
12-21-2012, 07:45 PM
much better big guy..........so i will let the pepsi slide......i know you know diet is worse than regular and soda in general is at the top of the shit list........but i guess youve been a good boy today so enjoy

Scope75
12-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Yeah what's up with the diet soda?? Lol
Drink water or tea instead!!
Still 10 times better than TB, just don't kill the salad in ranch because that shit is nasty.

Rulk
12-21-2012, 09:31 PM
much better big guy..........so i will let the pepsi slide......i know you know diet is worse than regular and soda in general is at the top of the shit list........but i guess youve been a good boy today so enjoy
Yeah, diet is worse than reg. I still need to finish my meal btw. Just no appetitie... It's much larger when I trained. At work tonight I am doing stairs and pull ups, which are easier today, but my right bicep is still fried a little. My back is feeling really tight and full and sore lately, in a good way though.

Still 10 times better than TB, just don't kill the salad in ranch because that shit is nasty. I poured the ranch sparingly ;)

This food log is working, I tell you that much. Thanks to everyone for all the support. I hope to get some pics up before the new year for a before reference.

Scope75
12-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Yeah, diet is worse than reg. I still need to finish my meal btw. Just no appetitie... It's much larger when I trained. At work tonight I am doing stairs and pull ups, which are easier today, but my right bicep is still fried a little. My back is feeling really tight and full and sore lately, in a good way though.
I poured the ranch sparingly ;)

This food log is working, I tell you that much. Thanks to everyone for all the support. I hope to get some pics up before the new year for a before reference.
Just quoting this so you have to post pics!!!

Glad to see your starting to eat better because of this log and I hope to see you put some of the ideas in here to work instead of buying all this pre made food.. You'll be eating healthier, know what your really eating, and save money.

Keep it up!!

markam
12-22-2012, 03:57 AM
Still 10 times better than TB, just don't kill the salad in ranch because that shit is nasty.

Can someone remind me what's that wrong with diet coke? I know it's not that great, and there was some talk that the sweeteners can trick the body to raise insulin levels, (is that true?). I don't often drink them, so it doesn't greatly concern me, just curious to know.

Scope75
12-22-2012, 09:24 AM
I've just read they aren't any good and here's a couple links I found real quick.
Men's Health: The Truth About Diet Soda and Weight Gain | Mens Health News (http://news.menshealth.com/the-truth-about-diet-soda/2011/07/07/)
Are Diet Drinks More Harmful Than Regular Sodas? | LIVESTRONG.COM (http://www.livestrong.com/article/207992-are-diet-drinks-more-harmful-than-regular-sodas/)
The Dangers of Diet Soda (http://getfitslowly.com/2008/02/12/the-dangers-of-diet-soda/)

markam
12-22-2012, 11:28 AM
I've just read they aren't any good and here's a couple links I found real quick.
Men's Health: The Truth About Diet Soda and Weight Gain | Mens Health News (http://news.menshealth.com/the-truth-about-diet-soda/2011/07/07/)
Are Diet Drinks More Harmful Than Regular Sodas? | LIVESTRONG.COM (http://www.livestrong.com/article/207992-are-diet-drinks-more-harmful-than-regular-sodas/)
The Dangers of Diet Soda (http://getfitslowly.com/2008/02/12/the-dangers-of-diet-soda/)

Thanks, I'll read when I get some time. Have to say that a couple of cans of diet coke now and then (i.e. not every day) isn't a big deal, imo.

Scope75
12-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Nothing is a big deal in moderation.
I never liked soda or sweets so its not a big deal to me.
I got fat because I LOVE FOOD and don't know when to stop eating. Lol

Rulk
12-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Came home last night and realized I was pretty hungry. I killed 2 chicken breast and called it a night.

Today I have a Christmas party, so I will fast all day and then eat there. I'll do some home excercises and at the party, in the bathroom, i'll do some squats, some wall pushes and deadlifts ( all bodyweight ), to bring some GLUT4, and i'll take an Anabolic Pump. Not even hungry waking today.

Scope75
12-22-2012, 04:00 PM
Bro just go enjoy the party..
No need to come out of the restroom all hot and sweaty 15 minutes after you went. Lol

Scope75
12-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Check out this 25-30 minute meal!!
Turkey patty ended up weighing 1.1 pounds.
4 organic eggs
2 low carb tortillas
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s408/scope75/50C66525-2500-462C-9422-0488B2AC914C-419-000001ACE008D394_zpsbfe9e08f.jpg
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s408/scope75/7FBDB770-7610-4A96-B0D5-84ED881D8797-419-000001ACE4D05AAD_zps5b16da75.jpg

Coolazice
12-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Bro just go enjoy the party..
No need to come out of the restroom all hot and sweaty 15 minutes after you went in, unless the Misses went in with you. ;) Lol

Fixed!

markam
12-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Came home last night and realized I was pretty hungry. I killed 2 chicken breast and called it a night.

Today I have a Christmas party, so I will fast all day and then eat there. I'll do some home excercises and at the party, in the bathroom, i'll do some squats, some wall pushes and deadlifts ( all bodyweight ), to bring some GLUT4, and i'll take an Anabolic Pump. Not even hungry waking today.

I make it a rule to not go shopping or anywhere there are bad food choices on an empty stomach.
Genomyx DCP 45 minutes before a cheat meal and some Slin-sane/Anabolic pump are pretty good at mitigating damage from a cheat meal.

Rulk
12-23-2012, 01:30 AM
Good call markam. The wifey usually does all the shopping after I put in my requests, so I can avoid those pitfalls ( most of the time ).

I forgot to do the bathroom excercises, but I hardly ate as much as I though I would ( laymens terms: Did not do damage ) either. I made sure to load up on veggies and a protein source, such as ham, before taking other normally "no no's", such as meatballs, lasagna and dessert.

Later on after being out shopping, I had my favorite drink from starbucks, a peppermint mocha latte. We got hungry again and hit up a mexican restaraunt, where me and the Mrs. split a carne asada ( grilled steak, rice, beans, and corn tortillas ). Go do some damage control tomorrow and hit up the gym in the moring. Looking forward to tackling weights after taking more than a week off.

markam
12-23-2012, 03:21 AM
I'm actually successfully cutting at the moment, and the more results I see, the harder I try to make the right food choices, so the cut's increasingly working better. For me, two meals a day, 12pm and 6 pm with aminos on rising and before bed is much easier than having more meals as I can eat big meals (to the point of satiety). I don't want to feel I haven't eaten enough when I do eat.
Main thing for me is that the first meal is mainly low gi carbs and high protein, very low fat and the second meal is no carb, high protein and medium carbs. Most importantly, the second meal must have a negligible effect on blood sugar levels, so I'm thinking about my bodies insulin response rather than calories. So far I've cut from about 92kgs to 86kgs in 9 weeks. I'm doing this to lessen joint pain and because for once in my life I'd like to have abs. Mindyou, my next cycle will probably be Andromass and Mechabol, to hopefully add some of the weight back, but with very little fat. Sort of rebuild myself. LOL

Scope75
12-23-2012, 09:14 AM
Markam that's about the way inset right now to. Eat at 12/1 and 6/7 and keep the meals big but smart.
Its working great for me as it is for you and I plan to stick with it and get to see my abs too.

markam
12-23-2012, 09:50 AM
Markam that's about the way inset right now to. Eat at 12/1 and 6/7 and keep the meals big but smart.
Its working great for me as it is for you and I plan to stick with it and get to see my abs too.

I find it much easier than eating 3 or 4 smaller meals because once I start eating I'm not good at limiting myself, and eating small just makes me really hungry. I also use amino acids in the morning before and during training and 5g of Mct oil when I start training, and aminos before bed. This is working really well.

Scope75
12-23-2012, 12:15 PM
I find it much easier than eating 3 or 4 smaller meals because once I start eating I'm not good at limiting myself, and eating small just makes me really hungry. I also use amino acids in the morning before and during training and 5g of Mct oil when I start training, and aminos before bed. This is working really well.

Damn we eat very similar and for the same reasons and times. Lol
Aminos threw out the day, fats for fuel, and 2 meals because little meals just makes me even more hungry.
Oh and if I eat breakfast I eat all damn day no stopping. Lol

USN HM 350Z
12-23-2012, 12:33 PM
This is an example of my current diet. It is basically geared at making muscular gains while keeping the fat down.

I training first thing in the morning so this is what it looks like with supps.

430am creatine HCL
445am Amino Infusion (may just switch to pepto pro though)
500am weight training
630am 1 serving MHP Up Your Mass in water
-2 Caps Fish oil
900am 2 Chicken Breasts, 1 mashed Yam (coconut oil, butter, cinnamon & Nutmeg)
Noon 1 Chicken breast 1 cup brown rice, veggies
- 2 Caps Fish oil
- 5000iu Vit D3
- 1 baby aspirin (Im an old guy)
300pm 6oz beef, veggies
600pm Dinner (what ever we have as a family) usually meat, carb, veggie
- 2 Caps Fish Oil
900pm Coconut Milk, 1/2 cup cottage cheese and scoop of Dramatize Elite Gourmet Protein (Strawberry & Cream)

markam
12-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Damn we eat very similar and for the same reasons and times. Lol
Aminos threw out the day, fats for fuel, and 2 meals because little meals just makes me even more hungry.
Oh and if I eat breakfast I eat all damn day no stopping. Lol

Uncanny lol. Seems like we've both found our ideal way of cutting. Although I usually do some running, it's been too damn cold in the U.K. For the last few weeks, and I'm still losing weight, slowly, but that's good, anyway. Cardio makes me way too hungry, anyway:).

Scope75
12-23-2012, 02:39 PM
I do AM and PM cardio. At least 15 minutes to a max of 35-40 per session.

I kind of have to do cardio because I like to eat a lot but I keep it clean and healthy but just to much of it.
I'm slowly cutting that out and making my meals bigger but that's getting to be a lot of food and it takes 45-60 minutes to eat.

Rulk
12-23-2012, 08:48 PM
I dig hearing how other people organize their programs, makes you think. Tell you what though, since being off work and not having a schedule, it's so easy to give in and be lazy about my nutrition. Getting back on the horse asap.

Rulk
12-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Update: Not great. Ate the typical holiday meals, had my fair share of drinks. Going to continue tonight as we go out for dinner and drinks with friends, some who are not up here regularly.I eat a couple of snacks throughout the day and a meal at night. Been going through the bottles of red a lot too.

I have been out and about, hanging with friends and family. Usually I am at work and post a lot here, but not lately, so that should explain my absence. Most likely see me posting more after the new year.

Scope75
12-28-2012, 04:17 PM
Hopefully this doesn't just continue in 2013!!!

Rulk
12-31-2012, 04:14 PM
Going to the butcher shop today and stock up on grass fed beef that is like 97% lean or something like that. May get some chicken breast and what not. Oh and may try Buffalo.

Past couple of days I have been getting ready to have a successfull new year. 2012 I made some real progress and in 2013 I plan on doing an even better job.

My mantra for 2013- Plan, Prepare, Follow Through, and be Consistant!

Scope75
12-31-2012, 04:25 PM

Don't forget this is quoted!! Lol

I thought you wanted to go all veggies on us??
What made you switch and want meet again?

xxiv
12-31-2012, 04:51 PM

That is one hell of a mantra, I think I am going to jock it.

Rulk
12-31-2012, 06:33 PM
Don't forget this is quoted!! Lol

I thought you wanted to go all veggies on us??
What made you switch and want meet again? If I want to cut down on the shakes, i'm gonna have to start eating meat again. The Pre and Post shake I will keep, and looking at it, it's not really substantial, meaning I hardly take it into account for my daily needs. It's about 12 grams of protein per shake, with creatine and leucine... I know it's not quite fasting, but it gives my body something to use while I work out.

I will be eating ezekial bread, rice, and veggies for most of my carbs and to get that fiber in. Thinking of having 1 Quest bar for the added fiber, or some almonds and a protein shake.

For fats I will have mixed nuts and hopefully 3 times a week, i'll have wild caught salmon. Other wise it's fish oil caps, krill oil caps. Thinking of trying out coconut and or mct's this year ( on a regular basis ).

Btw, that grass fed beef was fucking expensive.... 1lb was like 5 bucks and change. I got 6lbs to start out with and it cost a little over 36 bucks. Going to costco soon to get a lot of eggs and maybe some chicken. At the butcher shop I saw ground chicken and turkey, so the idea of those two are planted..

xxiv
12-31-2012, 07:06 PM
do you eat quinoa? it's a pretty decent vegetarian protein source.

Rulk
12-31-2012, 08:20 PM
do you eat quinoa? it's a pretty decent vegetarian protein source.

I do have it and I will start eating more of it. I consider it a part of my veggies, but will eat more of it to cut down on the amount of rice I eat. Good thing about a lot of the food I will be eating, is that they are not as calorie dense, compared to fatty food and what not. I can eat more, feel fuller and not worry so much about the calories piling on.

I'm sure i'll be eating a lot of broccolli with vinegar too. That and spinach.

xxiv
12-31-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm sure i'll be eating a lot of broccolli with vinegar too. That and spinach.

i have been doing veggies and vinegar as well. Better than using bbq sauce as salad dressing.
Kale is another good one to try and get a taste for.
I am going to start with millet and lentils just for a little variety.

Rulk
12-31-2012, 08:38 PM
i have been doing veggies and vinegar as well. Better than using bbq sauce as salad dressing.
Kale is another good one to try and get a taste for.
I am going to start with millet and lentils just for a little variety.

Oh yeah, I have got to try Kale... Yeah, I need to start eating more veggies right away. millet and lentils i'll have to try as well.

xxiv
12-31-2012, 08:45 PM
Oh yeah, I have got to try Kale... Yeah, I need to start eating more veggies right away. millet and lentils i'll have to try as well.

try making lentil loaf.

Scope75
12-31-2012, 10:06 PM
Sounds like your on the right track.

Rulk
12-31-2012, 11:08 PM
try making lentil loaf. I'll have to google a recipe.

Sounds like your on the right track. To make a long story short, after getting hurt a couple years ago and time on the mend, I have spent time getting back on track and then improving on that. This last year I have made tremendous changes, easily the best i've had in almost 10 years, due in part to making sacrifices and hard work. Anyways, it seems like every year I pick up new and healthy habits and look to make this the best year yet.

This log is actually very handy for me. I can record what im eating and keep track of weight, mirror composition observations and how i'm feeling. It also helps to "keep me on track".

Scope75
01-01-2013, 09:37 AM
Good to hear and hope this shear is even better than the last for You, Me, and the rest if the SwoleSource crew.

DJM
01-01-2013, 01:15 PM
If I want to cut down on the shakes, i'm gonna have to start eating meat again. The Pre and Post shake I will keep, and looking at it, it's not really substantial, meaning I hardly take it into account for my daily needs. It's about 12 grams of protein per shake, with creatine and leucine... I know it's not quite fasting, but it gives my body something to use while I work out.

I will be eating ezekial bread, rice, and veggies for most of my carbs and to get that fiber in. Thinking of having 1 Quest bar for the added fiber, or some almonds and a protein shake.

For fats I will have mixed nuts and hopefully 3 times a week, i'll have wild caught salmon. Other wise it's fish oil caps, krill oil caps. Thinking of trying out coconut and or mct's this year ( on a regular basis ).

Btw, that grass fed beef was fucking expensive.... 1lb was like 5 bucks and change. I got 6lbs to start out with and it cost a little over 36 bucks. Going to costco soon to get a lot of eggs and maybe some chicken. At the butcher shop I saw ground chicken and turkey, so the idea of those two are planted..

just asking, you went for grass fed hormone free beef, but want to grab costco eggs? youtube what they do to chickens and you wont buy them.....$5 lb isnt much, thats like $2.50 a meal of that beef.....your quest bar costs more and is of inferior quality (i guess they are the best of the bars, but jmo, bars are a last resort on the road nothing to eat type thing)

and again, jmo, dropping shakes does not mean you need to eat more meat....you can get 200g protein in easily without either, and you dont need more than that, jmo again, i think this protein over consumption is bro lore industry marketing

Scope75
01-01-2013, 01:18 PM
Costco sells some organic eggs also and I assumed that's what he was going to pick up after reading about the beef he bought.
I buy the organic eggs at Costco but will soon be buying them from a local source as soon as I find a good one that will work in the price with me.

DJM
01-01-2013, 01:38 PM
costco here is brutal then, everything is bulk and cheap.....iv only ever seen organic frozen fruit or veggies
i rarely go there unless for cleaning shit.....they got a good deal on oats tho

Scope75
01-01-2013, 02:07 PM
The Costco organic eggs are pretty good and way better than regular eggs.
I bet some local free range organic eggs will taste even better.

Rulk
01-01-2013, 04:54 PM
just asking, you went for grass fed hormone free beef, but want to grab costco eggs? youtube what they do to chickens and you wont buy them.....$5 lb isnt much, thats like $2.50 a meal of that beef.....your quest bar costs more and is of inferior quality (i guess they are the best of the bars, but jmo, bars are a last resort on the road nothing to eat type thing)

and again, jmo, dropping shakes does not mean you need to eat more meat....you can get 200g protein in easily without either, and you dont need more than that, jmo again, i think this protein over consumption is bro lore industry marketing

Costco sells some organic eggs also and I assumed that's what he was going to pick up after reading about the beef he bought.
I buy the organic eggs at Costco but will soon be buying them from a local source as soon as I find a good one that will work in the price with me. I think the quest bars will be good for the variety aspect, and the beef subject.. I have cut down on red meat for over a year now and feel great. I want to ease back into the consumption of it, but I wanted only the best. I will cook these on a foreman grill to get them even leaner. 200g of protein is about as high as I want to go for protein. Other calories will be coming in bulk from fruits, veggies, rice, etc.

costco here is brutal then, everything is bulk and cheap.....iv only ever seen organic frozen fruit or veggies
i rarely go there unless for cleaning shit.....they got a good deal on oats tho The gas prices are the best too usually.

The Costco organic eggs are pretty good and way better than regular eggs.
I bet some local free range organic eggs will taste even better. I forgot about the eggs... I definatly think I want to go organic, or even local free range. I am going to aim having at least 1 meal containing eggs every day.

Scope75
01-01-2013, 05:32 PM
For a snack and to eat some eggs put 2 in a bowl with 2 scoops of protein and enjoy.
By the April or May I plan to only use a shake post workout and pre bed then I'll cut those out by July.
All money not spent on powders will be spent on high quality food.

Rulk
01-02-2013, 06:19 PM
For a snack and to eat some eggs put 2 in a bowl with 2 scoops of protein and enjoy.
By the April or May I plan to only use a shake post workout and pre bed then I'll cut those out by July.
All money not spent on powders will be spent on high quality food.

It would be nice to get to that point. I am not a big fan of drinking shake after shake after shake. I'm also not a big fan of eating multiple smaller meals throughout the day, it's a pain in the ass.

Last year I had spurts where I didn't use any supplements and it was really nice. I felt some normalcy. Anyways, I think this year I will figure out once and for all, a lifestyle that works for me.

Update:
Just had a small veggie salad, with malt vinegar for dressing, and 2 chicken breasts, grilled. Washed it down with a 16oz of water. forgot my pill case today with all my supplements. Oh well.

Scope75
01-02-2013, 06:25 PM
I don't eat a bunch of small meals but 1-3 big meals all after 12-1pm and the last one is no later than 8.
I'm go an aim for 2000-2300 cals from food and the last 5-700 calls will be for snacks and stuff like that but it'll be all healthy.

Rulk
01-02-2013, 08:06 PM
Update:
15g peptopro, 8g leucine. Tangerine, Small Apple and a handfull of almonds ( around an hour ago ). Another hour I will have more chicken. Tonight when I get home I will be chowing down on some cottage cheese ( gotta get after it before it spoils )

DJM
01-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Last year I had spurts where I didn't use any supplements and it was really nice. I felt some normalcy.
Update:forgot my pill case today with all my supplements. Oh well.

lol

do you have a briefcase like bill romanowski?

iron
01-02-2013, 09:38 PM
lol

love romo i read his autobiography awesome read

Rulk
01-04-2013, 05:53 PM
lol

That reference went over my head, i'm not up to speed.

Update:
Wednesday, Thursday and so far today, my diet has been much better. I'm staying away from simple sugars, trading out calorie heavy sauces and dressings for vinegar and mustard. The only thing i'm drinking is water and unsweetened almond milk. My shakes are mixed in water only.

I've been eating one to two ground beef meals a day, with a side of vegetables. Other times throughout the day i'm having fruit and some almonds ( plain ), with a protein shake. Last meal is cottage cheese, sometimes with pineapple.

Later on tonight I will have a couple chicken breast and a some veggies.

Eating much cleaner, drinking more water, the red meat, and being on a semi set schedule is all leading to me feelling better already. Plus working out.

Anyways, I am craving beer so bad right now, but i'm going to stay on task over the weekend. Gonna go for no slip ups for this whole month, meaning no simple sugars really.

Oh and in hindsight, looking at my meals and what not, my carb intake is pretty low. Processed carbs is really, really low in comparison.

So far:
-I can feel my body getting tighter and shedding excess water.
-I have more energy in general.
-Besides a sore right shoulder, recovery feels good.

And with that, I am making sure i'm lifting this weekend, wich I really do miss. Interested to see where my strength is now on weights after a long time away from the gym.

xxiv
01-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Eating much cleaner, drinking more water, the red meat, and being on a semi set schedule is all leading to me feelling better already.

that is great to hear.

Scope75
01-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Diet is looking and sounding better.
Hope the trend sticks and it just keeps getting better and better.

Rulk
01-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Weekend was not too much of a disaster. Had some goodies here and there, but never let myself go. My appetite for big meals has shrinked so much in the past year, and i'm digging that.

Back to the grindstone today.

Scope75
01-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Good to hear man!!
Keep it up and you'll be closer and closer to your goal.
Have you jumped on the scale lately?
What's the diet look like today?

Rulk
01-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Good to hear man!!
Keep it up and you'll be closer and closer to your goal.
Have you jumped on the scale lately?
What's the diet look like today?

I gained some weight back, but not over 270. I jump on the scale throughout the week, 1st thing in the morning before anything, and I only use that scale.

Diet will be ground beef, apples, almonds, cottage cheese, pineapple, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, prime rib ( lots of leftovers ). I hate letting good food to go to waist, so I am going to nosh on this and get a good leg session in tonight. Today I will be more active also, cleaning house and moving furniture.

xxiv
01-07-2013, 05:00 PM
I am in shock looking at you new avitar. Your arms look bigger than my legs bro. When guys have to hit the mat with you I'm sure they say a little prayer.

A little weight gained is no biggie, don't sweat it and just get back into the routine. I have been trying to check my weight once a week and I feel like it helps me me focused on the long term.

Rulk
01-07-2013, 05:12 PM
I am in shock looking at you new avitar. Your arms look bigger than my legs bro. When guys have to hit the mat with you I'm sure they say a little prayer.

A little weight gained is no biggie, don't sweat it and just get back into the routine. I have been trying to check my weight once a week and I feel like it helps me me focused on the long term. Thanks brotha. No bragging, but it seems like everyone who attends the bjj classes are not super strong, or have really buffed up phyiques. I will say though, quite a few of them are strong in a different way. They already have better conditioning then me, but what they lack in brute strength, they make up for with a more efficiently used muscle ( if that makes sense ), and technique.

Knowing that, I want to make my muscles stronger and work more efficeintly ( get stronger without getting bigger ), eventually. But yeah, I do enjoy the advantages of being stronger ( in general ) with jits. As a white belt my submission defense is a little better than average id say. Plus trying to get a choke on me is super hard.

I'm trying to post some more pics, but I am not computer savvy at all.

xxiv
01-07-2013, 05:16 PM
The only other pic I know of you was your old avi traps shot and I could tell you were a big boy but now you really look massive. And tan too.

Rulk
01-07-2013, 05:27 PM
The only other pic I know of you was your old avi traps shot and I could tell you were a big boy but now you really look massive. And tan too.

I went tanning last tuesday ( 6 minutes ). I will tonight after lifting.

I'm actually a bit smaller than the those old avi pics, but in better condition. I hold most of my bodyfat in my upper torso. Cool thing is that my waist has gotten much smaller, and the other bodyparts seem to have maintained most size and lean up a bit more. Now my waist is still big, but since it's shrunk a bit, everything else is looking better- legs, shoulders and arms. Definetly looking forward to see what I look like by spring and then summer.

I've been toying with the idea of only doing jits once a week come spring time and concentrate on my physique ( Ahh! Still a bodybuilder at heart! lol ). I dont know though, I feel like jits gives me the most ellusive aspect of my program ( cardio! ), next to dieting.

burlyman30
01-07-2013, 05:37 PM
I gained some weight back...

Diet will be ... mashed potatoes and gravy...

Am I the only one who thinks this is out of place? lol

Scope75
01-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Ugly ass face thou!!! Lol

Rulk
01-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this is out of place? lol

Yeah.. You know me though. If it's in the fridge and I eat it, i'll probably tell you guys here:( Although, it's not much left ( leftovers ) and the tupperware it's in wasn't that big to begin with. Trust me, i'm not loading up the plate with gobs of food and then drowning it in gravy.

My brother and I were in discussion ( he's a top natural bb'r up here ) and I was telling him how cutting back on rich foods, sauces and dressings, has made me lose my taste for them. Basically a little bit of that food goes a long ways.

Rulk
01-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Ugly ass face thou!!! Lol

and I can't pose for shit, even though I appreciate the art of it. hehe... I'm a monster though in the process of creation. We all are.

Rulk
01-10-2013, 04:25 AM
Check out this documentery that can be found on netflix called, " Hungry for Change ".

Rulk
01-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Update:
Lot of grilled chicken breast and grass fed beef the last 2 days. Carbs are coming from red and green peppers, broccoli, almonds, apples. 1 problend shake a day. 2 peptopro shakes with leucine a day.

Goofs:
Soy milk ( it's in the fridge and the mrs. accidently bought it ), and lately MIO ( flavor juice thing you add to water ). Had a cup of hot chocolate last night ( it was freezing outside ).

Tonight I will cook up some more ground beef. I have enough chicken to last me all weekend. Hope I don't flub my efforts this weekend.

DJM
01-30-2013, 03:23 PM
update?
you seem to have gotten on track, whats the latest

Rulk
01-30-2013, 04:09 PM
update?
you seem to have gotten on track, whats the latest

Besides the cold I seem to NOT be able to shake for the last 2 weeks, going on 3, the diet has not been super spartan like, but I have been doing one thing really well- Staying away from sugar.

Still eating a fair amount of chicken parm, veggies, fruits. Off days I will have pasta ( organic spaghetti sauce, grass fed beef, whole wheat pasta ) and on the weekends maybe something I have been craving, like chicken wings or teriyaki. Fast food just grosses me out nowadays, so i'm pretty happy about that. It's kinda like smoking. One day I just thought " Man this is like poision ", and I just gave it up right then. Cut my drinking way down.

I am down in weight, closer to 262lbs give or take in the morning. I'm staying away from my jits school until I nip this cold in the bud ( btw I have not been this sick in probably 6 or 7 years, maybe even longer ). Also, I have not really lifted since November, but soon I will be back to lifting ( man I really do miss it ).

The wifey is busting out the Ninja Blender, and we got Kale and other goodies, to start making a morning Kale shake. We are starting this by tomorrow.

Typical day of eating for me:

Apple, medium soup, protein shake

2 whole eggs, red and green peppers and some other veggies with red wine vinegar

2 whole eggs, sometimes more soup

Cottage cheese and pineapple

Sometimes at night when i'm at home I will have the pasta meal, or a shake, or cottage cheese and pineapple.

I do sneak in some naughty treats here and there, and for a while I have been starting my day with Grapefruit juice and mix in some Emergen C.

So... Better in some terms, but not the best for my athtletic endeavors. As soon as i'm done with this cold, I will be back to lifting and jits, and eating a more "Protein and veggie" based diet.

Rulk
01-30-2013, 04:13 PM
Also I have shifted my eating to more whole foods, and less away from shakes. I dont know if I have done this subconsciously or what, but I just have.

When I get back to training though, I will be using Peptopro and Leucine almost exclusively for my shakes, and save things like Problend for shakes here and there, just when it's convenient and i'm feeling lazy.

weekend
01-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Seems like you need a lot more protein there bud

BBG
01-30-2013, 07:44 PM
Noa I would add 1 pounds of chicken and 1 pound of steak to that.

DJM
01-30-2013, 07:47 PM
jmo

fuck muscle wasting ect.......dude wants to drop significant weight, id just worry bout keeping caloric totals down......for me, last post looks fine in my books.......but again thats just me......only thing is id lesson the pasta meals

burlyman30
01-30-2013, 08:29 PM
jmo

fuck muscle wasting ect.......dude wants to drop significant weight, id just worry bout keeping caloric totals down......for me, last post looks fine in my books.......but again thats just me......only thing is id lesson the pasta meals

x2. Big improvement over a month ago.

Rulk
01-30-2013, 10:33 PM
Seems like you need a lot more protein there bud Not yet, but soon.

Noa I would add 1 pounds of chicken and 1 pound of steak to that. Grass fed ground beef is easier to take to work with me, as well as chicken. Plus I think I can eat both long term, as long as they are cooked and prepared a certain way. If anything, I will be adding more whole eggs to my diet. Again, not now, but untill I am back to working out reglularly again.

jmo

I'd like to be drop down as close to 230 and hold that before trying to lose anymore, or even trying to gain muscle back. I believe in set points in the body and making it the status qou. Pretty soon I will drop the pasta more and more and keep it centered around protein, veggies and fruit.

x2. Big improvement over a month ago. Thanks. As hard as it was to make the transition to what i'm at now, i'm happier. My skin has cleared up more, my joints feel better, BUT I have been sick for almost 3 weeks now. Anyways, I can't wait to get over this cold or whatever it is, and start back up training. I tend to eat way better and on schedule when I am training.

Proposed diet: ( calories will go up and so will protein, as soon as I start getting on point with training )

Whole eggs, various veggies, some fruits, ezekial bread... Chicken and grass fed beef. Pretty plain and not a lot of variety, but overall, much healthier. John Meadow's food selections fit quite nicely with what I like to eat and what not.

Seriously though, all the info I have read on the internet, the magazines, people's testimonies and what not, the final deal closer was a movie called "Hungry for Change". That and adopting brazillian jiu-jitsu's healthy philosophies, helped to make me finally realize that I need to make one more big transition on how I view and treat food. Took me a while, but i'm here, and even though my diet right now is still not where I want it to be, it's the best it's been since I was a baby.

Rulk
01-30-2013, 10:37 PM
Oh and as much as I love Jits, I want to get back into lifting weights and balance the 2 more. Really miss lifting/bodybuilding.

Rulk
02-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Past week I have been getting in that Kale shake. Still need to perfect the recipe, but so far I love it. I feel better, have more energy throughout the day, and it's been clearing out my digestive tract. My stomach appears less bloated, a little more streamlined. Could be more mental, but that's just what I see.

After being sick for 3 weeks, my appetitie came back big time. I ate the food I brought with me to work, but I ended up grabbing other foods that are no no's ( pop, pizza, burgers ). Hey i'm human, don't judge me. My weight was down to 262 ish, but popped back up to 267. It's starting to go back down again though, and I am feeling good.

markam
02-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Kale shake? That's just so wrong!

OK, what's the recipe:)

Rulk
02-04-2013, 07:23 PM
Kale shake? That's just so wrong!

OK, what's the recipe:)

LOL, I know right.

Kale, Grapefruit, Apple, 2 lemon wedges, chunk of Ginger, water. Put in blender and drink/ blech!\

The first time I had to add extra Grapefruit juice, just to drink it, otherwise it was too "Pulpy" to swallow. The 2nd attempt I just added more water ( after blending ), and it was easier to drink and I avoided the extra sugar from the juice.

I think Grapes were added to the 2nd attempt. Not sure, wife has made all the shakes, but i'm going to start making mine in the morning, as sometimes she does not get around to em. She is not a fan of the shakes, as they are pretty intense to the un-initiated, but I love them, mostly because I know it's so healthy for me. Plus they do make you feel good, whether that is a placebo effect or not.

Rulk
02-04-2013, 07:25 PM
A kale shake i'd like to try soon-

Kale
cashews
apple
grapes
pineapple
broccoli
ginger

maybe throw in 15g of peptopro

USN HM 350Z
02-04-2013, 07:43 PM
Get a Vita Mix. Way better than blending.

DJM
02-04-2013, 07:49 PM

https://www.vitashop.ca/450-1058-large/nu-greens-profile-blueberry-burst-liquid.jpg

Rulk
02-04-2013, 07:55 PM
I have the ninja from costco. It's okay, but I will look into the vita mix.

https://www.vitashop.ca/450-1058-large/nu-greens-profile-blueberry-burst-liquid.jpg I actually like having the blended version better than any powder or liquid supp. I'm just so burned out on some of these supps, that a lot of the stuff I have is expired. This is gonna sound weird maybe, but the blending of veggies is doing it for me, like I look forward to it everyday. Lately food has not been "turning me on, or sounding good to me"... I think it's the mild deppression I have mentioned before.

Sperwer
02-04-2013, 08:37 PM

Isn't vita-mix itself a blender, albeit a more sophisticated one than most?

Pretty spendy, too

USN HM 350Z
02-04-2013, 08:55 PM

Pretty spendy, too

in name yes, but in results it is far superior to any blender on the market. You throw the veggies and fruits in and it comes out liquid, no pulp at all. completely smooth. People that have their jaw wired shut love these things.

Sperwer
02-04-2013, 09:46 PM
in name yes, but in results it is far superior to any blender on the market. You throw the veggies and fruits in and it comes out liquid, no pulp at all. completely smooth. People that have their jaw wired shut love these things.

But I like the pulp!

USN HM 350Z
02-04-2013, 09:51 PM
lol

Rulk
02-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Just adding more water made the blended smoothie, MUCH easier to drink. If it doesnt cut it down the road, I will consider something stronger. the Ninja is supposed to be pretty good though, from what I hear. Oh I will add some ice and see how that turns out.

burlyman30
02-05-2013, 01:07 AM

Pretty spendy, too

Hard to put it in the same category as a blender, since a blender cannot liquify with zero chunks an entire garden full of food. I bought one about 6 months ago finally and I can tell you that is one of the best investments I have made in my long-term health. Wife and I are addicted to green smoothies (or red if I put in a beet). As far as cost, yes its more. You can get a reconditioned one on their website with a 5 year warranty, though. That's a better warranty than you get on almost any kitchen appliance.

Sperwer
02-05-2013, 01:09 AM
But i Really Like the pulp/ chunks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

burlyman30
02-05-2013, 01:12 AM
But i Really Like the pulp/ chunks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol... its still pulpy in my opinion... but not chunky.

Sperwer
02-05-2013, 01:42 AM
Lol... its still pulpy in my opinion... but not chunky.

I even like my protein shakes lumpy, so I can make believe those clumps of undissolved powder really are pieces of real chocolate.:rolleyes:

markam
02-05-2013, 02:13 AM
A kale shake i'd like to try soon-

Kale
cashews
apple
grapes
pineapple
broccoli
ginger

maybe throw in 15g of peptopro

I've been trying bulk peptopro out, and so far haven't felt any extra benefit compared to Alri Humapro. Humapro is a lot nicer to drink, though. I will probably just use Humapro post-workout as I want to cut down on the cost.

Rulk
02-05-2013, 04:25 PM
I've been trying bulk peptopro out, and so far haven't felt any extra benefit compared to Alri Humapro. Humapro is a lot nicer to drink, though. I will probably just use Humapro post-workout as I want to cut down on the cost.

I've used Humapro on and off for the last couple of years. I like the product, but since I have been using peptopro, I see a difference. Now I have not lifted since November, but the stairs I started doing at work, is a good indicator of recovery for me. One week of using Peptopro and I noticed I was not sore after doing stairs. I tried one week of doing stairs without peptopro, and I noticed I lost strength on successive sessions of stairs throughout the week, plus I was sore. After that, I went back to using Peptopro again, and started up stairs again ( after being sick ) and I notice I have more strength and faster recovery. Plus I don't experience that kind of soreness anymore.

Bottom line, Humapro is good, but it never did what Peptopro did for me.

Update for today: Added Peptopro and leucine to my Kale shake, plus a little grapefruit juice. Tasted good.

markam
02-05-2013, 05:31 PM
^^^ Interesting. I haven't had any really bad soreness since using Bcaas Intra and Humapro post. Hopefully I'll see a difference when I've used up the 500g of Peptopro. I'm just using 25g post with some carbs.

Rulk
02-14-2013, 09:02 PM
Update:

Continuing Kale smoothie ( frozen berries, dark cherries, aloe vera, kale, grapefruit, almonds ) with 5 Humapro tabs. I'll sip this throughout the begining of my day, and take another 5 tabs of Humapro.

Later on I will have 4 whole eggs, with a small piece of chicken with marinera sauce ( organic sauce ), not sure about the chicken though.

Later on I have a large chicken breast and a handfull of raw almonds.

Later on I sip on 30g of Peptopro and 5g of Leucine.

Later i'll have 25g of iso whey, before I drive home. I'm trying to use all this up, before I switch up to to cold filtered, as I want to adopt most of what John Meadows has mentioned.

Dinner at home. Sometimes it's more chicken. Sometimes it's with pasta, which I have been trying different kinds, spinach pasta, stuff like that.

Okay, so I have not lifted since November, and last night I said "fuck it", and went to the gym. Rocked a circuit of Triceps to Biceps, and to catch my breath, I threw in hyper extensions and machine crunches in-between. No rest. My god it felt good. I made a shake with Carbonx ( 1 scoop ), 20g Peptopro, 5g Leucine, 1g Citruline, 2g Creatine HCL. 20 minutes before drinking this and going to the gym, I took some Agmatine. The pump was awesome, and I could not reach behind my neck afterwords.

I'm tempted to post some progress pics, but i'm super self-conscious of my body:(

Edit: Oh and last night after the gym, I stayed up late and did not want to eat, but I was so hungry, so I ate a bowl of Cottage Cheese. Pretty plain and hard to eat, but I just shoveled it in, chewed and swallowed.

USN HM 350Z
02-14-2013, 09:18 PM
try some black pepper on the cottage cheese.

I have been doing a shake every day also. 1/2 cup blue berries, 1/2 apple, 1/2 banana, 2 cups spinach, 1 scoop chia seeds, 2 scoops flax seeds and a splash of orange juice. I tried Kale, but that was just not good lol

keep it up and

Rulk
02-14-2013, 09:41 PM
I'm hungry, so I just ate 2 grilled chicken breasts with mustard. If I keep feeling like hungry like that, i'll start doing this more often. It'll keep me from making poor choices.

xxiv
02-14-2013, 09:44 PM
I'm tempted to post some progress pics, but i'm super self-conscious of my body:(

get some pics up and cover your face if you have to, this site has proven itself to be pretty mature when it comes to sensative material.

glad to head that the diet is moving in the right direction.

Rulk
02-14-2013, 09:59 PM
get some pics up and cover your face if you have to, this site has proven itself to be pretty mature when it comes to sensative material.

glad to head that the diet is moving in the right direction.

Shit.. Ok. It will have to be next week. Gotta get someone to take the pic, and then I have to figure out how to post it on here.

USN HM 350Z
02-14-2013, 10:15 PM
use a photo hosting site like photobucket or something along that line and post the IMG that they provide for each photo.

burlyman30
02-14-2013, 10:38 PM
I use imgur.com. real easy to use.

Rulk
02-14-2013, 10:58 PM
I'll check out both. Thanks guys.