PDA

View Full Version : Antaeus Lot Sale. Buy Big and Save

h2s
12-19-2012, 08:42 AM
Making a rather large purchase for some music equipment tonight. Would like to raise some quick funds, so I am selling the remainder of my Antaeus Labs products, at a good discount from retail. I am looking to handle this in one transaction, so I WILL NOT part this lot out. You could set up your stash rather nicely, or sell at standard prices to make a profit for yourself.

Included in the Lot:

7 Trenazone

1 Aegis

2 Axon

Non-negotiable price of lot (Paid via paypal gift):

$305 Shipped.

Retail costs of these products:

467.99 + Shipping.

So before shipping is even counted, you are saving 162.99 or ~35%.

This will be posted here as well as on my home site. First come first serve.

Again, lot will NOT be split. Price will NOT be lowered. No trades will be considered.

Also, US Domestic only please. I do not want to deal with customs delays.

BoneDaddy
12-19-2012, 09:18 AM
I'm more interested in said music equipment, but I wont derail the thread......so bump?

h2s
12-19-2012, 09:20 AM
I'm more interested in said music equipment, but I wont derail the thread......so bump?

Pioneer Mixer and two CDJs.

BoneDaddy
12-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Ahhh shyt! H2S getting his DJ on!

I'm totally starting a musician thread later.....

h2s
12-19-2012, 09:40 AM

You should do it. I will add pics when I have it all set up.

h2s
12-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Ok guys, walked out yesterday spending a bit more than I had hoped.

Cut $40 off this deal. You can now have this whole lot for $265 shipped.

If it doesn't sell by the end of the day, I am going to ebay them at fixed prices individually. Need to raise the funds, as I still have some stuff I need to grab.

Scope75
12-20-2012, 09:20 AM
PM sent!!!!

h2s
12-20-2012, 09:49 AM
Sale Pending.

Scope75
12-20-2012, 10:09 AM
Sale Pending.

Sold sold sold!!! Lol

h2s
12-20-2012, 10:29 AM
^That :)

markam
12-20-2012, 10:51 AM

Not sure what DJs have in common with musicians???

DJs are to music what film projectionists are to movies.

(posted by bitter and twisted musician. lol)

h2s
12-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Not sure what DJs have in common with musicians???

DJs are to music what film projectionists are to movies.

(posted by bitter and twisted musician. lol)

I am actually into the production side, so for me the two (performance dj vs. production dj), go hand in hand. While I suck at both, I really suck on the production side, but I am taking a class on it, lol.

So while I will agree that your typical club dj is not a "musician," I would argue that a producer certainly is.

markam
12-20-2012, 11:22 AM
I am actually into the production side, so for me the two (performance dj vs. production dj), go hand in hand. While I suck at both, I really suck on the production side, but I am taking a class on it, lol.

So while I will agree that your typical club dj is not a "musician," I would argue that a producer certainly is.

My comment was made in jest (sort of, anyway).

With the advances in technology, etc, the distinction has become a little blurred, but in laymans terms, a musician is expected to be able to play a musical instrument at a decent level of competence. A producer will have usually had some experience as a musician, but some producers have 'good ears' for music, and although their musical prowess on an instrument may be lacking, they offer a valuable creative input, but they are not musicians. Often a producer will often rely on musicians to help arrange the music as it is beyond their level of expertise, but the producer will still maintain artistic control. Basically the buck stops with the producer and they're often hired because they can deliver results, even if the 'artist' is 'difficult' to work with, for whatever reason.

h2s
12-20-2012, 11:44 AM
My comment was made in jest (sort of, anyway).

With the advances in technology, etc, the distinction has become a little blurred, but in laymans terms, a musician is expected to be able to play a musical instrument at a decent level of competence. A producer will have usually had some experience as a musician, but some producers have 'good ears' for music, and although their musical prowess on an instrument may be lacking, they offer a valuable creative input, but they are not musicians. Often a producer will often rely on musicians to help arrange the music as it is beyond their level of expertise, but the producer will still maintain artistic control. Basically the buck stops with the producer and they're often hired because they can deliver results, even if the 'artist' is 'difficult' to work with, for whatever reason.

I agree and disagree (Not in an argumentive sense, enjoying the conversation). If a producer, of say EDM, is using external instrument (anywhere from a keyboard to a midi pad), the only difference is the post production editing and computer. A perfect example of this, would be a dj who calls himself Metro Gnome. Take a look at this video of him on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kALAQc-aX1s

So sure, he loops keys, something a musician couldn't do. He utilizes effects that are computer processed through a midi pad, and uses the other pads on the midi to link to pre-set sounds in his production software (most likely ableton live). But I would have a very hard time saying he is not a musician by definition. When you get board of him doing a standard remix (which isn't that speed based), set your time bar to 1:20 and watch his breakdown.

BoneDaddy
12-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Metro Gnome might be the best damn name ever!

And I sway a little to the side of a musician being a someone who actually plays an instrument. That's just me though. :-)

Congrats on getting that lot sold!

BBG
12-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Damn good deal.

Scope75
12-20-2012, 12:07 PM
Damn good deal.

Hell yeah!!!
26.50 a bottle!!
Shipped

Scope75
12-20-2012, 12:11 PM
I agree and disagree (Not in an argumentive sense, enjoying the conversation). If a producer, of say EDM, is using external instrument (anywhere from a keyboard to a midi pad), the only difference is the post production editing and computer. A perfect example of this, would be a dj who calls himself Metro Gnome. Take a look at this video of him on youtube:

So sure, he loops keys, something a musician couldn't do. He utilizes effects that are computer processed through a midi pad, and uses the other pads on the midi to link to pre-set sounds in his production software (most likely ableton live). But I would have a very hard time saying he is not a musician by definition. When you get board of him doing a standard remix (which isn't that speed based), set your time bar to 1:20 and watch his breakdown.

Mad skills!!!

markam
12-20-2012, 04:34 PM

I think he's using one of the Native Instrument's 'Maschine' in the video. Akai used to make a sampling drum machine called the MPC60, which I think was the inspiration for these 'production tools'. Not sure if you're familiar with Native Instruments, (NI), but they produce some great software, notably they did a virtual Prophet 5, DX7 and a C3 which sounded like carbon copies of the originals, and retained all the same controls; very cool.

Back to Metro Gnome (great name), well he has some keyboard skills, and knowledge of harmony, and modern synths, sequencing, etc, and he's pretty nifty with a production tool, which I could best define as a unconventional musical instrument. Yes?

What DAW do you use? I noticed today that Steinberg have just brought out Cubase for IPad. I'll wait for the next iPad to come out that's got a more powerful processor, but looks very interesting.

h2s
12-20-2012, 04:59 PM
I think he's using one of the Native Instrument's 'Maschine' in the video. Akai used to make a sampling drum machine called the MPC60, which I think was the inspiration for these 'production tools'. Not sure if you're familiar with Native Instruments, (NI), but they produce some great software, notably they did a virtual Prophet 5, DX7 and a C3 which sounded like carbon copies of the originals, and retained all the same controls; very cool.

Back to Metro Gnome (great name), well he has some keyboard skills, and knowledge of harmony, and modern synths, sequencing, etc, and he's pretty nifty with a production tool, which I could best define as a unconventional musical instrument. Yes?

What DAW do you use? I noticed today that Steinberg have just brought out Cubase for IPad. I'll wait for the next iPad to come out that's got a more powerful processor, but looks very interesting.

Ableton is the DAW I am currently learning. I have previously used some of the simpler loop programs, but Ableton feels more robust and limitless, even in my limited use.

I am familiar with Native Instruments. I will actually eventually be using the Traktor program off and on as I want to have experience both with laptop sourced mixing as well as using the cdj's primarily. Akai is still kind of the traditional production tools, and they transitioned to fit the new age DAW based production well, with similar products.

MG is using Maschine in that video.

nate3993
12-20-2012, 05:22 PM
just downloaded ableton suite8 fo freeee!!!! i need to get some videos for it though. shit's so complex. i figure i love electro music so much, might as well start making some.

markam
12-20-2012, 06:03 PM
Looks like this has turned into a electric music studio thread. I guess that's ok with you, HTS, as you've sold your stuff, anyway, yes?

Quiz 1) Who were EMS?

No takers?

They made one of the first synths which was called the 'Putney' which was the place where there company was situated. It was then renamed the VCS3 and used by many bands including Pink Floyd, Tangerine Dream, Hawkwind and Gong, to name a few.

Scope75
12-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Yeah the lot is sold and this thread is way over my head.
You guys and your electronic music...
I still rock the the peppers, bush, Nervana, pearl jam, and stuff like that.
Not to mention the good ol country music I listen to. Not much into the new country but the girls at the concerts are worth the price of admission.

h2s
12-21-2012, 08:13 AM
Musicians/DJs/etc.... (http://www.swolesource.com/forum/misc/481-musicians-djs-etc.html)