PDA

View Full Version : How to... Minimize Side Effects, Increase Mucscle Retention during cycle and PCT

BBG
12-20-2012, 01:00 PM
What is the perfect cycle? Simply put... it's a cycle in which you experience no side effects and keep all your gains.

So what does the following advice help with?

1. Minimizing side effects on cycle
2. Increasing muscle retention during pct

What's that? No mention of muscle gain or fat loss?

Look guys... muscle gained and fat lost is all about diet, training and what kind of cycle you're running. Want to gain a ton of weight? test+dbol. Want to cut down and bulk up at the same time? Test+tren+mast. No secrets, just eat a lot, eat right and train like a monster.

On Cycle Ancillaries:

Antaeus Labs Talos:

1. Black Rice Extract: Increase HDL, lower LDL
2. SAMe: Liver protection, Anti-oxidant, Anti-inflammatory
3. Ubiquinone (CoQ10): Lower blood pressure, reduce LDL oxidation (main cause of atherosclerosis)
4. Astilbin: Lower blood pressure, potassium retention
5. Trans-Resveratrol: Anti-oxidant, vasrelaxant
6. Salicylate: reduces risk of blood clots, heart attack and stroke
7. Astaxanthin: powerful anti-oxidant, prevent atherosclerosis

Antaeus Labs Aegis (if you are using methyls/orals):

1. TUDCA: Best Liver Protection on the market

Melatonin:

1. Helps with sleep on anything that is disrupting your sleep. Isn't the beat all end all of sleep supps but it's so cheap. Buy it and try it at 3mg.

HCG:

1. Only if your cycle is over 10 weeks long: 250 iu E3D starting at week 4, ending the last week.

On cycle estrogen combat!

Always have these two on you at all times when cycling. You wouldn't want to be caught without them. And if you don't use them, you have them for next cycle. IF YOU DON'T USE THEM, YOU STILL HAVE THEM FOR NEXT TIME!

Letrozole: AI for the cycle. Don't start until high e2 symptoms arise.

1. If e2 symptoms arise, start using at .5mg per day. Increase dose until e2 symptoms are gone.
2. THEN, lower it back down to .5mg per day.
3. If sides recur, up to the dose you had it when they went away.

Nolvadex: SERM for the cycle. Don't start until high e2 symptoms arise.

1. Start dosing at 20mg.
2. Drop to 10mg after e2 sides are gone.
3. If sides recur, up dose to 20mg and stay there.

Why both an AI and a SERM for on-cycle protection?

1. I've found some guys who need both to do well with controlling gyno/estrogen sides on cycle. And this way your letro dose doesn't need to be crazy high either.
2. If you know you are prone to e2, I would suggest start dosing letro/nolva at .5mg and 1mg during the cycle. Increase dosage if needed.

Last 2 weeks of cycle:

Applies only to 8+ week cycles. HERE, we want to obliterate fat in the last 2 weeks to setup well for PCT. Going into PCT fat is a recipe for turning testosterone into estrogen, getting gyno, and losing your gains.

***Goal: Get to or below 12% body fat.***

For anyone crazy enough to risk death: DNP

1. 250-500mg per day (last 2 weeks of cycle ONLY!)
2. Extremely effective, extremely dangerous.

What most people should use: ECA+T3

1. T3 25-50mcg per day
2. E+C: 25/100 2-3x per day

PCT

(Yes, 6 week PCT. Deal with it. All the SERM studies show 3 months of use. No idea why PCT is only 4 weeks.)

Staples:

1. Aromasin (mg): 25/12.5/12.5/12.5 EOD/12.5 EOD/12.5 EOD
2. Toremifene (mg): 120/90/60/60/60/30 (each day per week)
3. Ostarine (mg): 12.5/12.5/10/10/5/5 (each day per week)

Insulin:

Insulin the most anabolic hormone. It can help you immensely when keeping gains in PCT. It's key that you utilized the leaning phase at the end of your cycle so as to allow for the insulin protocol.

1. 20g glucose + 5g Leucine immediately postworkout. Has been shown to significantly raise insulin. You may also do this protocol at another time when your stomach is empty.

-OR-

2. Insulin: 2 iu waking, 2 iu postworkout (all 6 weeks of PCT).

GHRP/Mod-GRF

1. 100mcg/100mcg of both GHRP and Mod-GRF. Once before bed, once 20 minutes before your insulin and/or glucose+leucine.

Total ancillary cost w/out slin/ghrp: 365 (325 if no methyls)

And you're already going to be getting an AI+SERM+Cycle support. So it's only an extra $100 or so to make sure you do it right.

Scope75
12-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Great post and it should help guys make better planned cycles.

Its better to cover your bases before hand not as the ball is in the air.

BBG
12-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Great post and it should help guys make better planned cycles.

Its better to cover your bases before hand not as the ball is in the air.

I hpe it doesn't sound just like Antaeus Labs pimping... they are honestly the best supps out there for cycle support

Scope75
12-20-2012, 02:59 PM
I hpe it doesn't sound just like Antaeus Labs pimping... they are honestly the best supps out there for cycle support

Not at all because if I had to go and buy support supps AL would get my money with or without this post.
Some might see it as pimping it but I don't because from what I've read and been told AL products are top notch.

Avl
12-20-2012, 03:18 PM
good info, really good post in all...AL makes some really good stuff.

nate3993
12-20-2012, 03:47 PM
few things. on ur letro post, u say start with .5, then taper down to .5. so not entirely sure how much u meant before you taper down to .5. what's wrong with arimidex for an AI? and as for ostarine, i really think it's more suppressive then people think. I know burly thought that my libido was lost because my e2 was too low from the erase, but i continued to use erase afterwards and my libido started picking up again. granted, everyone's different, 20mg is a high dose of osta. 12.5 is like the highest you'll need. I haven't seen people say they noticed a difference bewtween 12.5, 15 and even 25. but that's just in my own readings. i've been seeing more and more logs though where people showed osta was supressive with their bloodwork. I'm still very skeptical about it's uses from my own use, and from others. But at 8mg a day, within 2 weeks, but libido was crushed. I guess i could just be the exception.

BUT none the less. good post :D

Sorrow
12-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Nice post.
Love the mention of Melatonin. Vastly under rated to help with sleep quality.
I could see how this could be viewed as pimping AL, which to be honest so far I have nothing but good things to say about Antaeus Labs. I might suggest that a good full spectrum multi would be a good thing to mention. Although personally I think we should all take one year round. Just my opinion there.

Oh and blood work is always a nice touch.

markam
12-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Re Melatonin, I've found that I get just as good results if not better with 1.5mgs compared to 3mgs. I don't take it before bed, just if I wake up and feel that it's going to hard to get back to sleep. Used to buy this over the counter in the U.K., but big Pharma stopped that, so I have to buy on the Internet now. Very useful stuff.

BTW, great post, BBG.

Scope75
12-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Re Melatonin, I've found that I get just as good results if not better with 1.5mgs compared to 3mgs. I don't take it before bed, just if I wake up and feel that it's going to hard to get back to sleep. Used to buy this over the counter in the U.K., but big Pharma stopped that, so I have to buy on the Internet now. Very useful stuff.

BTW, great post, BBG.
How's it leave you feeling in the AM??

BBG
12-20-2012, 04:34 PM
few things. on ur letro post, u say start with .5, then taper down to .5. so not entirely sure how much u meant before you taper down to .5. what's wrong with arimidex for an AI? and as for ostarine, i really think it's more suppressive then people think. I know burly thought that my libido was lost because my e2 was too low from the erase, but i continued to use erase afterwards and my libido started picking up again. granted, everyone's different, 20mg is a high dose of osta. 12.5 is like the highest you'll need. I haven't seen people say they noticed a difference bewtween 12.5, 15 and even 25. but that's just in my own readings. i've been seeing more and more logs though where people showed osta was supressive with their bloodwork. I'm still very skeptical about it's uses from my own use, and from others. But at 8mg a day, within 2 weeks, but libido was crushed. I guess i could just be the exception.

BUT none the less. good post :D

Totally agree, I switched up the dosing on the ostarine. I still suggest 12.5 the first two weeks while androgens are starting to increase. IE, it's theoretically (as with everything) not going to keep you suppressed. Of course, 12.5mg might suppress a fully functioning HPTA. So, we lower the dose as PCT goes on, while endogenous androgens increase.

few things. on ur letro post, u say start with .5, then taper down to .5. so not entirely sure how much u meant before you taper down to .5. what's wrong with arimidex for an AI?

Arimidex can definitely be used. I have no problem with it, I've just never used it. Letro is my go to. I have gyno so I take zero chances with it increasing.

I also revised the aromasin dose to start at the beginning of PCT instead of two weeks later.

markam
12-20-2012, 04:54 PM

Fine. Melatonin clears the system quickly if you're in daylight.

Piracetam has been said to be beneficial re sleep quality, but I only got some yesterday, will see. It appears to be one of the more popular Nootropics.

Scope75
12-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Fine. Melatonin clears the system quickly if you're in daylight.

Piracetam has been said to be beneficial re sleep quality, but I only got some yesterday, will see. It appears to be one of the more popular Nootropics.
That's what I figured with the short half life.
Is there any one brand you think is the best or best you've tried?

markam
12-20-2012, 06:46 PM
low dose sublingual is best for me as it works fine on a full stomach.
All brands I've tried have been fine.

Scope75
12-20-2012, 07:04 PM
Yeah I'm not gonna be injecting it when UTT works just fine.
Thanks for the info and I'll pick some up soon.
I need my sleep.

Sorrow
12-20-2012, 07:25 PM

For me it does take an extra half hour to really come out of it but other then that normal. It doesn't knock me out it is more to keep me asleep once I fall asleep. I am at 5 mg. But I'll try the 1.5 and see if that makes a difference. Great stuff though.

Scope75
12-20-2012, 07:53 PM
For me it does take an extra half hour to really come out of it but other then that normal. It doesn't knock me out it is more to keep me asleep once I fall asleep. I am at 5 mg. But I'll try the 1.5 and see if that makes a difference. Great stuff though.

I smoke weed in the AM pre cardio so it should be fine and I'll be trying to use the lowest dose possible.
1.5 is the starting point.

O_RYAN_007
12-20-2012, 08:01 PM

I've taken it on and off for the past 8 months, and I've never felt groggy in the morning. I love the dreams I get with 3mg of melatonin and the mod/ghrp-2 combo. These dreams feel very, very real!!

- - - Updated - - -

I go with NOW sups brand.

O_RYAN_007
12-20-2012, 08:12 PM
What is the perfect cycle? Simply put... it's a cycle in which you experience no side effects and keep all your gains.

So what does the following advice help with?

1. Minimizing side effects on cycle
2. Increasing muscle retention during pct

What's that? No mention of muscle gain or fat loss?

Look guys... muscle gained and fat lost is all about diet, training and what kind of cycle you're running. Want to gain a ton of weight? test+dbol. Want to cut down and bulk up at the same time? Test+tren+mast. No secrets, just eat a lot, eat right and train like a monster.

On Cycle Ancillaries:

Antaeus Labs Talos:

1. Black Rice Extract: Increase HDL, lower LDL
2. SAMe: Liver protection, Anti-oxidant, Anti-inflammatory
3. Ubiquinone (CoQ10): Lower blood pressure, reduce LDL oxidation (main cause of atherosclerosis)
4. Astilbin: Lower blood pressure, potassium retention
5. Trans-Resveratrol: Anti-oxidant, vasrelaxant
6. Salicylate: reduces risk of blood clots, heart attack and stroke
7. Astaxanthin: powerful anti-oxidant, prevent atherosclerosis

Antaeus Labs Aegis (if you are using methyls/orals):

1. TUDCA: Best Liver Protection on the market

Melatonin:

1. Helps with sleep on anything that is disrupting your sleep. Isn't the beat all end all of sleep supps but it's so cheap. Buy it and try it at 3mg.

HCG:

1. Only if your cycle is over 10 weeks long: 250 iu E3D starting at week 4, ending the last week.

On cycle estrogen combat!

Always have these two on you at all times when cycling. You wouldn't want to be caught without them. And if you don't use them, you have them for next cycle. IF YOU DON'T USE THEM, YOU STILL HAVE THEM FOR NEXT TIME!

Letrozole: AI for the cycle. Don't start until high e2 symptoms arise.

1. If e2 symptoms arise, start using at .5mg per day. Increase dose until e2 symptoms are gone.
2. THEN, lower it back down to .5mg per day.
3. If sides recur, up to the dose you had it when they went away.

Nolvadex: SERM for the cycle. Don't start until high e2 symptoms arise.

1. Start dosing at 20mg.
2. Drop to 10mg after e2 sides are gone.
3. If sides recur, up dose to 20mg and stay there.

Why both an AI and a SERM for on-cycle protection?

1. I've found some guys who need both to do well with controlling gyno/estrogen sides on cycle. And this way your letro dose doesn't need to be crazy high either.
2. If you know you are prone to e2, I would suggest start dosing letro/nolva at .5mg and 1mg during the cycle. Increase dosage if needed.

Last 2 weeks of cycle:

Applies only to 8+ week cycles. HERE, we want to obliterate fat in the last 2 weeks to setup well for PCT. Going into PCT fat is a recipe for turning testosterone into estrogen, getting gyno, and losing your gains.

***Goal: Get to or below 12% body fat.***

For anyone crazy enough to risk death: DNP

1. 250-500mg per day (last 2 weeks of cycle ONLY!)
2. Extremely effective, extremely dangerous.

What most people should use: ECA+T3

1. T3 25-50mcg per day
2. E+C: 25/100 2-3x per day

PCT

(Yes, 6 week PCT. Deal with it. All the SERM studies show 3 months of use. No idea why PCT is only 4 weeks.)

Staples:

1. Aromasin (mg): 25/12.5/12.5/12.5 EOD/12.5 EOD/12.5 EOD
2. Toremifene (mg): 120/90/60/60/60/30 (each day per week)
3. Ostarine (mg): 12.5/12.5/10/10/5/5 (each day per week)

Extremely useful, but not necessary:

1. Insulin: 2 iu waking, 2 iu postworkout (all 6 weeks of PCT). This keeps you very anabolic.
2. GHRP/Mod-GRF: 100mcg/100mcg post-workout with insulin. 100mcg/100mcg before bed. Helps keep you leaner during PCT + retain gains.

Total ancillary cost w/out slin/ghrp: 365 (325 if no methyls)

And you're already going to be getting an AI+SERM+Cycle support. So it's only an extra $100 or so to make sure you do it right.

I've never heard of using both an AI and a serm in PCT... Sounds interesting.

BBG
12-20-2012, 08:34 PM
I've never heard of using both an AI and a serm in PCT... Sounds interesting.

I take Patrick Arnold's stand on the issue:

"a serm followed by an AI is the best protocol in my opinion for protecting from gyno and establishing HPTA function

non-hormonal anti-catabolics are important in recovery as well, in respect to minimizing muscle mass loss"

this is an area with much theory and little science

so i keep it confined to what i know.

take a typical dose of a SERM for 2-3 weeks and then switch over to a typical dose of an aromatase inhibitor for 2-3 weeks

others here can help define what typical dose of a particular compound is. i would rather not mention compounds by name

Pct by patrick arnold (http://www.prohormoneforum.com/q-patrick-arnold/39935-pct-patrick-arnold.html#post681145)

anabolic steroids upregulate aromatase and this upregulation can persist well after the cycle.

Also, SERMS increase estrogen production.

Those two facts suggest to me that it is a very wise decision to take an AI when you are done with the SERM portion of PCT

Pct by patrick arnold (http://www.prohormoneforum.com/q-patrick-arnold/39935-pct-patrick-arnold.html#post681148)

jpk
12-22-2012, 10:13 AM
BBG just to clarify,

Is the proper use of the AI to start it higher and taper down, or to taper up the AI as you taper down the SERM?

Scope75
12-22-2012, 10:26 AM
BBG just to clarify,

Is the proper use of the AI to start it higher and taper down, or to taper up the AI as you taper down the SERM?

Start higher and tapper it off with the serm.

BBG
12-22-2012, 10:53 AM
BBG just to clarify,

Here's how I would do it.

Letrozole, you basically want to find the lowest dose that will take care of the problem of high estrogen. However, you want to get rid of the problem immediately, as well. So, if you start getting estrogen related side effects, you start the dose out high and slowly drop it until you find the dose that keeps the estrogen side effects low.

Then, when PCT hits, you start the aromasin high right off the bat. Why? Because letrozole is not permanently deactivating the aromatase enzyme. So when you come off (at PCT) you will get a rebound of aromatase enyzme as they start reactivating, and then you will get a rebound in estrogen. So, you start aromasin high because aromasin permanently deactivates aromatase enzyme. And then you taper off, knowing it won't rebound due to the permanent deactivation.

Some people will increase dose during PCT... ie, they will run aromasin: 12.5/12.5/25/25 instead of in reverse, as I suggest.

jpk
12-22-2012, 11:41 AM
I sure found the AH V3 to keep estro effects in check. Gonna miss it.

Scope75
12-22-2012, 12:00 PM
I sure found the AH V3 to keep estro effects in check. Gonna miss it.

Even on a cycle of test??

BBG
12-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Updated insulin section:

Insulin:

Insulin the most anabolic hormone. It can help you immensely when keeping gains in PCT. It's key that you utilized the leaning phase at the end of your cycle so as to allow for the insulin protocol.

1. 20g glucose + 5g Leucine immediately postworkout. Has been shown to significantly raise insulin. You may also do this protocol at another time when your stomach is empty.

-OR-

2. Insulin: 2 iu waking, 2 iu postworkout (all 6 weeks of PCT).

Reason behind the glucose+leucine is that it boosts insulin way more than carbs or protein alone. I believe it boosts it much more than a whole shake+glucose as well.

jpk
12-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Even on a cycle of test??

Nah, I'm a 52 yr old estrogen dominant pud!