PDA

View Full Version : TSH

iron
12-20-2012, 11:54 PM
ive gotten my TSH tested and was wondering if the TSH level alone was enough to determine a problematic thyroid my levels have varied around 4.1, from what others have told me this isnt so bad but from what ive read about others in the 4.0 and above range this is a reason to go on thyroxin. and can a high tsh lower T levels or raise E2

Jelisej
12-21-2012, 06:09 AM
It does signal a possible problem, but further investigation is required. Elevated TSH (above 2.5) can be sometimes caused by some other inflammation/infection/illness and can return to normal, otherwise its sign that your thyroid is sluggish and brain is trying to push it to work harder, so in your case you should do full scale thyroid testing as TSH was bit elevated on number of occasions.

Scope75
12-21-2012, 06:41 AM
Wow this board is full of knowledge and good advise!!

iron
12-21-2012, 01:13 PM
It does signal a possible problem, but further investigation is required. Elevated TSH (above 2.5) can be sometimes caused by some other inflammation/infection/illness and can return to normal, otherwise its sign that your thyroid is sluggish and brain is trying to push it to work harder, so in your case you should do full scale thyroid testing as TSH was bit elevated on number of occasions.

hey thanks your the man i was hoping to draw out here by this post lol, ive had the symptoms for the past 8 years since ive quit using hard drugs so i think thats what somehow caused it but as soon as i get healthcare i will shake down a doc to give me a full panel

Jelisej
12-23-2012, 09:48 AM
8 years is a long time- so at this point it is very likely that rest of your endocrine system is affected, so it would be good idea to cross check your adrenals as well, which is most likely struggling. Adding thyroid or testosterone medication on low adrenal output does not yield good results. Adding testosterone medication on low adrenal and thyroid output does not yield good results. Always fix in this order:
Adrenals
Thyroid
Testosterone
Growth hormone (optional)