PDA

View Full Version : Passionflower Extract-Daaaaaaaam!

nate3993
12-21-2012, 11:21 PM
So I've been researching natural sleep aids. I took a natty sleep aid that had a bunch of different ingredients, but when I looked up the proper doses for the ingredients, I found everything was just way under dosed. So I went to Vitamin Shoppe, got 3 things. Valerian root extract non alcohol, passionflower extract non alcohol, and skullcap extract also non alcohol. Anyway, a 1,000mg dose of each on an empty stomach bfor bed works pretty well. BUT, I had completely forgot what passionflower has in it. Chrysin, and 7,8 Benzoflavone. Yep yep. And you know what that equates to??? A very, very large libido increase. I've never had such a libido increase from taking a supp just one night. My god. So if any of you are looking for a libido increase, go to Vitamin Shoppe, get Nature's way Passionflower extract, use 1ml dose, and viola!

Scope75
12-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Sweet!!
Never knew that about passion fruit.

BBG
12-22-2012, 02:40 AM
I will try this and report back :)

markam
12-22-2012, 04:05 AM
Sweet!!
Never knew that about passion fruit.

Guess it's aptly named:)

Scope75
12-22-2012, 09:25 AM
Guess it's aptly named:)
That's what I was thinking too!! Lol

h2s
12-22-2012, 11:49 AM
That's what I was thinking too!! Lol

Haha I am sure that has something to do with it. A lot of early cultures associated foods with their medicinal properties

Scope75
12-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Haha I am sure that has something to do with it. A lot of early cultures associated foods with their medicinal properties

Like Horney Goat Weed!! Lol

markam
12-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Or maybe Ipriflavone.

Ok, not Ipriflavone. Lol

Ipriflavone is an isoflavone related to chrysin. It is speculated that ipriflavone will yield results comparable to something like Winstrol or Primobolan. Until recently, it was thought that ipriflavone was illegal to sell in the United States. Not so! It is being evaluated as a new drug to treat osteoporosis, but the FDA has confirmed that it is also legal for sale as a "nutritional supplement" because it is naturally occurring.

Ipriflavone can get very expensive if you are ordering it from Europe but if you can find a source in Italy or Hungary then it is more affordable. It comes in 200 mg tabs and we speculate that an effective dose is between 10 and 15 tabs per day. Dante, creator of Hardcore Muscle Magazine wrote, "There is a female bodybuilder in my area (San Diego) who is using Ipriflavone and is ecstatic about the results she has been getting. With the dosage being 5-15 tabs a day." Supplement guru, Derek Cornelius has also written about ipriflavone. He writes, "There seems to be some confusion here that chrysin and ipriflavone work via the same mode of action. Chrysin (5,7 dihydroxyflavone) and 7-hydroxyflavone inhibit aromatase--thus an increase in testosterone. They are highly antiviral and hit the benzodiazapine receptor in the brain. I am presently doing research--in vitro--on ipriflavone because I think it works by inhibiting a calcium dependent protease throughout the body. If this is the case, it is revolutionary." Flavonoids for some reason have the uncanny ability to inhibit various enzyme systems in the body--phosphodiesterase, aromatase, 5-alpha reductase, etc. We think this may also be true for ipriflavone.

An athlete can increase bone density and lean body mass by going to Available in Europe and parts of Asia for years as a very safe and non-toxic pharmaceutical, everyone thought, that 7-isopropoxyisoflavone or Ipriflavone was illegal in the States because it was not naturally occurring. New research has settled that debate definitively and we now know that it is found in nature and therefore quite legal for sale. Why is this good news? Ipriflavone is interesting because it is both anabolic and it is non-hormonal. That means that it can help you gain lean muscle mass, but at the same time, it will not interfere with your own natural hormonal balance. This is in contrast to Anabolic Steroids that work by increasing testosterone levels in the body. Unfortunately for safety reasons, all steroid cycles must eventually come to an end. This is the idea behind the steroid cycle in the first place. Cycle for eight to twelve weeks, then take time off (the off-cycle) so that the body's natural hormonal levels can reregulate preventing harm and preserving health.

After a steroid or pro-hormone cycle, many athletes are left wondering what to use that will help them to preserve their gains and make additional gains, but at the same time will allow their bodies to readjust. In other words, what non-hormonal substances can either promote or preserve gains in lean body mass? There are only a very few. Here are several that come to mind. The illegal would include the anabolic IGF1, growth hormone, and clenbuterol. The legal include, protein and creatine obviously, A recent interview of British bodybuilder, engineer, and supplement guru Brian Batcheldor by TC Luoma (one of the founding fathers of Muscle Media back when it was still very hardcore) discussed some of the anabolic potential of Ipriflavone. Brian Batcheldor worked with Biotest Labs on Ipriflavone in Europe. Batcheldor said, "Going back a long time ago, I read some stuff that the original pharmaceutical company did that showed FGP, or 7-isopropoxyisoflavone to be anabolic in farm animals, so I contacted them about their research. They sort of intimated that ipraflavone had been shown to be more effective as an anabolic, but because they were seeking to obtain a medicine license in Europe, they didn't want to explore or market that aspect of it." When asked about through which mechanism ipriflavone works, Batcheldor further said, "The research I've read was on pigs and they gained quite a bit of more lean muscle on ipraflavone, and my guess is that it's through it's anti-estrogenic capabilities. That's what the documentation suggests, too. A lot of the anti-estrogens like Promethene and Tamoxifen probably cause gonadotrophic stimulation because they block testosterone receptors at the hypothalamus level, thereby simulating the release of more gonadotrophins. So, I would guess its anabolic properties probably come as a direct result of these anti-estrogenic properties. I've used ipraflavone quite extensively with women athletes and men when they come clean and I would say it compares quite favorably with some of the weaker anabolics like Stanazolol. … Some of my athletes who have used the ipraflavone who went off steroids certainly lost a lot less than those steroid-using athletes who just went off steroids.

Some think ipriflavone works by inhibiting a calcium dependent protease throughout the body. Bodybuilding guru's Dan Duchaine and Bruce Kneller have written about its benefits, but it is believed that biochemist Pat Arnold discovered it and researched it. Patrick Arnold has written, "Ipriflavone has no estrogenic effects itself but it potentiates the bone building effects of estrogen. Ipriflavone requires a certain amount of estrogen in the system for its osteo-protective effects to be realized. Several studies have been done that have shown that ipriflavone had no effects on uterine weight etc. when given to animals which indicates it is not estrogenic at the classic estrogen responsive tissues." Patrick Arnold has also written of a distinct anabolic property of Ipriflavone and cites early research done in Hungary and Russia -- mostly on animals although the Chinoin patent mentions a clinical study on hospital patients. Pat writes," I would not expect it to be a steroid replacement … but there is interesting research on its anabolic properties and cardiovascular/aerobic enhancement effects. It probably has some beneficial use at some dose for bodybuilders. It is non-hormonal so (it) could be good at off-cycle times for steroid abusers."

The substance Ipriflavone itself has a relatively poor absorption rate. One interesting study in the American Journal of Therapeutics noted that the bio-availability of Ipriflavone was 8 to 20 times greater when taken on a full stomach than when taken alone on an empty stomach. It was further noted that the bio-availability was greater still when the Ipriflavone was taken on an empty stomach and combined with corn oil. Although any oil will do, I think bodybuilders will be better served to substitute flax oil for the corn oil. One last undisputed benefit that is of particular interest to anyone with weak bones or osteoporosis is Ipriflavones undisputed bone building properties. Although beyond the scope of this article, an excellent article on the bone building effects of Ipriflavone was written by Anthony L. Almada. Almada is a renown nutritional and exercise biochemist and leader of IMAGINutrition, a nutrition think tank in Aptos, California.

markam
12-22-2012, 01:27 PM
BTW Quoted from Patrick Arnold's Prototype Nutrition website:

"'In addition to Patrick’s work with prohormones and steroids he is also credited with introducing many successful ingredients to the supplement market place such as ipriflavone, 1,3-dimethylamylamine (i.e. Geranamine®), and phenibut."

Maybe it would have some use in PCT? Anabeta is probably better, but who knows?

Also, the other night I tried Phenibut for the first time: Best and most restful sleep ever! It may have addictive properties so do your own research. I took two SNS phenibut caps (500mgs each).

Scope75
12-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Or maybe Ipriflavone.

Ok, not Ipriflavone. Lol

Ipriflavone is an isoflavone related to chrysin. It is speculated that ipriflavone will yield results comparable to something like Winstrol or Primobolan. Until recently, it was thought that ipriflavone was illegal to sell in the United States. Not so! It is being evaluated as a new drug to treat osteoporosis, but the FDA has confirmed that it is also legal for sale as a "nutritional supplement" because it is naturally occurring.

Ipriflavone can get very expensive if you are ordering it from Europe but if you can find a source in Italy or Hungary then it is more affordable. It comes in 200 mg tabs and we speculate that an effective dose is between 10 and 15 tabs per day. Dante, creator of Hardcore Muscle Magazine wrote, "There is a female bodybuilder in my area (San Diego) who is using Ipriflavone and is ecstatic about the results she has been getting. With the dosage being 5-15 tabs a day." Supplement guru, Derek Cornelius has also written about ipriflavone. He writes, "There seems to be some confusion here that chrysin and ipriflavone work via the same mode of action. Chrysin (5,7 dihydroxyflavone) and 7-hydroxyflavone inhibit aromatase--thus an increase in testosterone. They are highly antiviral and hit the benzodiazapine receptor in the brain. I am presently doing research--in vitro--on ipriflavone because I think it works by inhibiting a calcium dependent protease throughout the body. If this is the case, it is revolutionary." Flavonoids for some reason have the uncanny ability to inhibit various enzyme systems in the body--phosphodiesterase, aromatase, 5-alpha reductase, etc. We think this may also be true for ipriflavone.

An athlete can increase bone density and lean body mass by going to Available in Europe and parts of Asia for years as a very safe and non-toxic pharmaceutical, everyone thought, that 7-isopropoxyisoflavone or Ipriflavone was illegal in the States because it was not naturally occurring. New research has settled that debate definitively and we now know that it is found in nature and therefore quite legal for sale. Why is this good news? Ipriflavone is interesting because it is both anabolic and it is non-hormonal. That means that it can help you gain lean muscle mass, but at the same time, it will not interfere with your own natural hormonal balance. This is in contrast to Anabolic Steroids that work by increasing testosterone levels in the body. Unfortunately for safety reasons, all steroid cycles must eventually come to an end. This is the idea behind the steroid cycle in the first place. Cycle for eight to twelve weeks, then take time off (the off-cycle) so that the body's natural hormonal levels can reregulate preventing harm and preserving health.

After a steroid or pro-hormone cycle, many athletes are left wondering what to use that will help them to preserve their gains and make additional gains, but at the same time will allow their bodies to readjust. In other words, what non-hormonal substances can either promote or preserve gains in lean body mass? There are only a very few. Here are several that come to mind. The illegal would include the anabolic IGF1, growth hormone, and clenbuterol. The legal include, protein and creatine obviously, A recent interview of British bodybuilder, engineer, and supplement guru Brian Batcheldor by TC Luoma (one of the founding fathers of Muscle Media back when it was still very hardcore) discussed some of the anabolic potential of Ipriflavone. Brian Batcheldor worked with Biotest Labs on Ipriflavone in Europe. Batcheldor said, "Going back a long time ago, I read some stuff that the original pharmaceutical company did that showed FGP, or 7-isopropoxyisoflavone to be anabolic in farm animals, so I contacted them about their research. They sort of intimated that ipraflavone had been shown to be more effective as an anabolic, but because they were seeking to obtain a medicine license in Europe, they didn't want to explore or market that aspect of it." When asked about through which mechanism ipriflavone works, Batcheldor further said, "The research I've read was on pigs and they gained quite a bit of more lean muscle on ipraflavone, and my guess is that it's through it's anti-estrogenic capabilities. That's what the documentation suggests, too. A lot of the anti-estrogens like Promethene and Tamoxifen probably cause gonadotrophic stimulation because they block testosterone receptors at the hypothalamus level, thereby simulating the release of more gonadotrophins. So, I would guess its anabolic properties probably come as a direct result of these anti-estrogenic properties. I've used ipraflavone quite extensively with women athletes and men when they come clean and I would say it compares quite favorably with some of the weaker anabolics like Stanazolol. … Some of my athletes who have used the ipraflavone who went off steroids certainly lost a lot less than those steroid-using athletes who just went off steroids.

Some think ipriflavone works by inhibiting a calcium dependent protease throughout the body. Bodybuilding guru's Dan Duchaine and Bruce Kneller have written about its benefits, but it is believed that biochemist Pat Arnold discovered it and researched it. Patrick Arnold has written, "Ipriflavone has no estrogenic effects itself but it potentiates the bone building effects of estrogen. Ipriflavone requires a certain amount of estrogen in the system for its osteo-protective effects to be realized. Several studies have been done that have shown that ipriflavone had no effects on uterine weight etc. when given to animals which indicates it is not estrogenic at the classic estrogen responsive tissues." Patrick Arnold has also written of a distinct anabolic property of Ipriflavone and cites early research done in Hungary and Russia -- mostly on animals although the Chinoin patent mentions a clinical study on hospital patients. Pat writes," I would not expect it to be a steroid replacement … but there is interesting research on its anabolic properties and cardiovascular/aerobic enhancement effects. It probably has some beneficial use at some dose for bodybuilders. It is non-hormonal so (it) could be good at off-cycle times for steroid abusers."

The substance Ipriflavone itself has a relatively poor absorption rate. One interesting study in the American Journal of Therapeutics noted that the bio-availability of Ipriflavone was 8 to 20 times greater when taken on a full stomach than when taken alone on an empty stomach. It was further noted that the bio-availability was greater still when the Ipriflavone was taken on an empty stomach and combined with corn oil. Although any oil will do, I think bodybuilders will be better served to substitute flax oil for the corn oil. One last undisputed benefit that is of particular interest to anyone with weak bones or osteoporosis is Ipriflavones undisputed bone building properties. Although beyond the scope of this article, an excellent article on the bone building effects of Ipriflavone was written by Anthony L. Almada. Almada is a renown nutritional and exercise biochemist and leader of IMAGINutrition, a nutrition think tank in Aptos, California.

Also, the other night I tried Phenibut for the first time: Best and most restful sleep ever! It may have addictive properties so do your own research. I took two SNS phenibut caps (500mgs each).

Thanks for posting this and I have some of AIs phenibut that I'll try out at 1g tonight.

nate3993
12-22-2012, 04:53 PM
phenibut will give you powerful orgasms. should only be used a few times a week as there is potential for addiction. take on an empty stomach and wait about 45 minutes before you eat. takes about 2 hours to kick in, sometimes longer, sometimes shorter. enjoy :)

and an update. i wonder if the 1gram dose is too much of an AI? cuz today, i feel nothing like yesterday. i'm gonna lower my dose tonight and see how i feel tomorrow

Scope75
12-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Yeah I've done reading on it just never took the pills yet.. Lol
I'd probably only want to use it Monday and Thursday or Friday.

That sucks to hear maybe it was just a fluke.

nate3993
12-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Yeah I've done reading on it just never took the pills yet.. Lol
I'd probably only want to use it Monday and Thursday or Friday.

That sucks to hear maybe it was just a fluke.

yeah. i hope not. i was so stoked! i'm pretty sure it was the passion flower though because it was just so dramatic, and i doubt it was the valerian or skull cap. my diet hadn't changed, and i didn't do anything else that could've done it. i wonder how much of the 1gram is aromatase inhibiting. it could be a high amount, and too much of course will tank ur libido. i'll tinker with the dose and see what happens.

Scope75
12-22-2012, 05:14 PM
I'd drop it all together and find out how effective its as a AI then start to mess with the dosing.
Aren't you the guy that need to see an endo anyways?

markam
12-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Any thoughts on Ipriflavone? I posted about it before, but phenibut seemed to attract interest rather than Iprilflavone. For a compound that was brought to market by Pat Arnold and thought of as illegal in the States, but isn't anymore, I'd say it warrants investigation.

nate3993
12-23-2012, 03:47 PM
I'd drop it all together and find out how effective its as a AI then start to mess with the dosing.
Aren't you the guy that need to see an endo anyways?

Thyroid low, cortisol high. Prolactin a lil high, shbg a lil high. Estrogen, total T not bad.

pman42
12-23-2012, 09:36 PM
I thought chrysin had very low oral bioavailability. it's supposed to be better with bioperine but who knows. i am going to be trying this combo in a few weeks, mostly because i got the supplement for free.

anyway passionflower is one thing that really works for sleep. i've had insomnia off and on since i can remember, and have gotten to know the prescription and OTCs and herbals, and passionflower is legit.

nate3993
12-23-2012, 09:42 PM
i do take it with bioperine. i take any of my supps with it. works great for making axon more effective