PDA

View Full Version : pct bloodwork???

Biggyp
12-25-2012, 07:27 PM
well i have a week or so left to finish up pct, i want to get some bloodwork done but here is where i need help. If i get them what am i looking for? i really have no idea and i dont want to say ,hey doc i just finished a 8 wk ph cycle is everything ok? some input would be much appreciated.

Cobalt
12-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Typically, you need to see if your test levels are back to normal. By normal, I mean pre-cycle bloodwork levels.
That is the biggest factor, other things would be making sure estrogen levels are ok, liver is doing ok, and triglycerides are balanced out.

Jelisej
12-26-2012, 06:30 AM
From hormones- checking E2, total testosterone, LH and FSH is minimum-minimalis.

Biggyp
12-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Since I didn't do precycle bloodwork I guess I need to use google to find what is normal for a 40yr old 210lb male, after bloods show all is well how long is best to wait to cycle again?i know the time on=time off but is that good for all cycles? I ran pp's ab/am/AE for 8 wks but thought the andros were supposed to be mild so I thought I'd ask.

Jelisej
12-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Its hard to tell what is "normal" these days, as testosterone is like global economy- its constantly going down. i would say that "normal" tt levels should be above 650 ng/dl ( best is between 650-850 ng/dl) but probably majority of men have lower tt levels than 650 ng/dl, even younger men. So we could say that anything above 600 is ok, majority of men can live ok until it drops below 500.
Anyway- you can do bit more extensive bloodworks, and post them here so we can see how it looks.

At your age- it would be very sensible to take more time off till next cycle, because when we reach 40 or more HPTA recovery is much slower.

Biggyp
12-26-2012, 09:22 AM
how long after pct should i wait to get bloods? like immediately or wait acouple weeks?

h2s
12-26-2012, 09:54 AM
I tend to wait a few weeks post PCT. Especially since SERMs can usually lead to quite inflated numbers.

Jelisej
12-26-2012, 10:04 AM
I tend to wait a few weeks post PCT. Especially since SERMs can usually lead to quite inflated numbers.

Yes, actually to get correct E2 readings after SERMS (clomid, tamoxifen) it takes 8 weeks after you stop them. You can check LH levels by using Ovulation Predictor Kits as it is cheap and it will tell you if HPTA is starting with recovery, use high sensitive one, Ovulation Predictor Kits- helpful tool for monitoring LH (http://www.swolesource.com/forum/mens-health-ancillary-medication/496-ovulation-predictor-kits-helpful-tool-monitoring-lh.html#post7265)
Its good to do bloodworks as well but they are more expensive, the "real picture" of your hormonal status you get after 3 months after PCT. All other before are just to monitor recovery as they are some fluctuations in hormone levels even after pct.