PDA

View Full Version : Tanning

Rulk
12-31-2012, 08:27 PM
I'm interested in tanning for seasonal depression, and I can get it free at my gym ( hook up ). What do you guys think about tanning?

My only hesitation is grappling and being possibly burnt. Maybe only go 3 days a week?

Scope75
12-31-2012, 10:04 PM
Is this a real question?? Lol

Cobalt
12-31-2012, 10:04 PM
If you fear getting burnt, keep your tanning sessions short. Like 5-10 minutes short, depending on how light you are.

You may even consider researching some MT2 to help you get a boost in tanning for longer sessions.

Rulk
12-31-2012, 10:58 PM
Is this a real question?? Lol It is. I live up in Washington state where the rain seems non-stop. Anyways, I do get seasonal depression and tanning popped in to my mind. Not sure if it helps with that though, but maybe some members here do tan and can tell me if it helps.

If you fear getting burnt, keep your tanning sessions short. Like 5-10 minutes short, depending on how light you are.

You may even consider researching some MT2 to help you get a boost in tanning for longer sessions.
I'm pretty light for being half asian. I remember tanning when I was in better shape, but it wasn't in the winter, I need to work up to it.

Eden
01-01-2013, 01:37 AM
I would imagine it would help since the seasonal depression is caused by a lack of exposure to UV, so It might help. MT2 will make you get dark QUICK. I took it for about a month and most my freckles turned black, and people were asking if I was spray tanning I tanned like 10 minutes each side in the sun 3 days a week.

Rulk
01-01-2013, 02:08 AM
I would imagine it would help since the seasonal depression is caused by a lack of exposure to UV, so It might help. MT2 will make you get dark QUICK. I took it for about a month and most my freckles turned black, and people were asking if I was spray tanning I tanned like 10 minutes each side in the sun 3 days a week.

MT2.. Take it your talking about a research chem product?

Rulk
01-01-2013, 02:12 AM
Taking a look at it now.

Cobalt
01-01-2013, 02:21 AM
I may start this myself. Moved into a new apartment and the common area has a tanning bed. I'm white as hell though.
It also has a gym, FUCK my workouts are so convenient now.

xxiv
01-01-2013, 07:52 AM
I used to go tanning every once in awhile. It was free at a gym I went to. It definatly helps with sad.
I used to go dry most of the time, if you are going to go frequently I would suggest using tanning lotion. Also dont forget the eye wear.

Just a word of caution, don't go totally naked untill you know how your body reacts.

Scope75
01-01-2013, 09:43 AM
Wow..
I've never tanned in my life and I'm white as Fuck!! Lol
All I have to do to fan is not wear a shirt of a day and I'm good for like 4 months.

DJM
01-01-2013, 01:20 PM
noa, if you lay in a tanning bed, with a cock sock and those glasses, post a pic

xxiv
01-01-2013, 02:00 PM
noa, if you lay in a tanning bed, with a cock sock and those glasses, post a pic

x2, I mentioned that because I got my dong johnson scorched pretty bad awhile ago and I'd sleep better knowing you are protecting yourself so post a pic.

Scope75
01-01-2013, 02:09 PM
This thread took a hard left turn!!! Lol

h2s
01-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Haha, wtf DJ.

I tanned a bit last summer, used MT2. Couple sessions I was dark as hell and having everyone compliment it.I don't do it during the winter though, I get really tan, so it would completely stick out.

Scope75
01-01-2013, 02:52 PM
Sounds like I need to hit up a little MT2 and get a real nice tan this summer.
Just need to get lean enough to show it off. Lol

Rulk
01-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Do you use an actual sock for the cock sock? I'd leave my skivies on at least.

x2, I mentioned that because I got my dong johnson scorched pretty bad awhile ago and I'd sleep better knowing you are protecting yourself so post a pic. Fuck that.

Haha, wtf DJ.

I tanned a bit last summer, used MT2. Couple sessions I was dark as hell and having everyone compliment it.I don't do it during the winter though, I get really tan, so it would completely stick out. Yeah I think if I did the mt2, it'd be too obvious.

Sounds like I need to hit up a little MT2 and get a real nice tan this summer.
Just need to get lean enough to show it off. Lol

I dont think I need mt2, I can get pretty dark if i'm out all day everyday in the sun. Well I will give it month to see if it helps and go from there.

iron
01-01-2013, 11:15 PM
noa your already tanned lol what i think you need for seasonal depression is vitamin d perhaps? if your subconscious told you to get tanned maybe this is whats its really saying

Rulk
01-02-2013, 01:14 AM
noa your already tanned lol what i think you need for seasonal depression is vitamin d perhaps? if your subconscious told you to get tanned maybe this is whats its really saying

It's true, I am darker than my lady, and I don't go out of my way to tan in the summer. I get the blues in the winter time though, especially around the holidays and sometimes it lingers till spring. I went yesterday and it was kind of nice actually so I'm gonna try it for a while and see if it helps with my mood.

I still have some vitamin d from purtitan's pride and I take some everyday.

iron
01-02-2013, 01:38 AM
living in washington where it rains alot its easy to get the blues this time of year. just stay consistent with your vitamin d, dont know much about your vit d supp but when thats gone id try now brand gel caps i like it or i hear sublingual is good too. another thing to try that makes me feel better is a vitamin b shot, you can go to 'any lab test now' and get them without a doctors script for like 20$ ( i get mine for 10$ or free because the lab lady likes me)

- - - Updated - - -

oh and btw dont rock the cock sock lol

Rulk
01-02-2013, 01:57 AM
for years I have heard how good vitamin b ( the whole list of em ) is and for a long time that was my number one staple. After finding myself in a lot of stress way back in 2003, I started taking b complex and found it did help over time. Although the staples of lowering stress were to: increase excercise, eat healthier, rest appropriatly, and last, changing your attitude. I hit a nice stride and into an apex before I turned 30, then got married and started my "grown up" job. Once the 30's hit, marriage, bills, responsibility.. ( sigh ), it all seemed to get on hold and eventually hit rock bottom.

I feel great about this year though, like i'm finally going to connect all the dots and solve the riddle once and for all.

tallstraw
01-21-2013, 06:00 PM
Im at Ft Lewis, and coke from sunny places. So I get the depression here. So I require the sun, so I tan. I recommend an actual salon, not those free beds. They're shit and you get burned. Level 2 beds which are a kix of uva and uvb give you what you need, don't burn you like at all. It's like $40 a month at Desert sun, bro. And transferable anywhere

Rulk
01-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Haven't gone in a couple weeks, but I like it, I think it helps. I do the one where you stand up in and grab handles. You can't relax too much in it, but it feels nice.

tallstraw
01-21-2013, 08:33 PM
I only do laydown 8 mins in a lvl2 bed. Don't burn, feels great! Super relaxing, if it's a cheap bed, you're gonna pay for it lol