PDA

View Full Version : CarboSLIN by Prescription Nutrition, carbohydrate supplementation simplified

PNMike
01-02-2013, 12:03 PM
OK, no more maltodextrin, no more bloating, that stuff is a thing of the pass. You want real carbohydrate supplementation when looking for high glycemic carbs, well here it is. PN has included waxy maize, potato starch, and dextrose in an easily mixing (perfect in a shaker cup) formula that is different that the rest. How so? Carbogen, a digestive enzyme for aiding in carbohydrate absorption and digestion is added in the mix as well. We didnt stop there though. You have to get the carbs from the bloodstream to the cells (muscles) as fast as possible. Sure Carbogen helps, but why stop there. We added banaba leaf powder to the mix as well. Banaba leaf powder is all-natural and medical experts tout its ability to mimic insulin and lower blood sugar. PN also assures you of ZERO BLOATING with CarboSLIN...tested and verified with our MMA guys who actually used it to hydrate and carb up after weighing in at their latest fights.

Check it out here and its only $5.00 per lb, 10 sevings lb. (http://www.rxwhey.com/carboslin/)

h2s
01-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Nice, I like the product design.

BBG
01-02-2013, 12:57 PM
WHAT now I have to order again... sheeeit.

Just got in my shaker bottle + pepto + rilose + creatine hcl + casein ;)

Rulk
01-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Nice adding banaba leaf. BBG, how does that shake taste and what flavore are you using for casein?

Jorsn
01-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Didn't see anything about it being Gluten Free, But i'm assuming it is.

PNMike
01-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Most certainly is and thanks for that note. I will go back an update it.

BBG
01-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Nice adding banaba leaf. BBG, how does that shake taste and what flavore are you using for casein?

Haven't tried it yet, but I got the blueberry. I'll update tonight and let everyone know how it is.

Rulk
01-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Haven't tried it yet, but I got the blueberry. I'll update tonight and let everyone know how it is.

I want to know how the pepto tastes mixed with the casein.

PNMike
01-02-2013, 10:18 PM
I want to know how the pepto tastes mixed with the casein.

Mixing PeptoPRO with micellar casein defeats the purpose of the PeptoPRO. I cant stress this enough, and there are studies to back it. PeptoPRO should be used by itself. When considering peptopro, approach it as you would bcaa supplementation. You wouldnt mix bcaas with other proteins most likely. Same with PeptoPRO. In fact peptopro has been shown to work better in lower carbohydrate environments than higher ones. I want everyone to benefit and use the products we sell correctly. Part of the truth in marketing we do here at PN

dacookiemonsta
01-03-2013, 01:06 AM
Couple questions... For a guy who just gets finished lifting weights what is your best carb source to ingest with protein?

I swear to god one week I read a slow acting carb then the next week I read you need a fast acting carb to get into the bloodstream quicker. Gives me a headache.

By the way where is this preworkout powder at already!?!?! I still have your work number don't make me give you a call tomorrow.

BBG
01-03-2013, 02:15 AM
High GI carbs = insulin spike + postworkout insulin sensitivity = muscle gain, but insulin desensitized

No carbs postworkout = no insulin spike + insulin sensitivity after workout = maintain insulin sensitivity, helps a lot with fat loss

Low GI carbs postworkout = ???

Couple questions... For a guy who just gets finished lifting weights what is your best carb source to ingest with protein?

I swear to god one week I read a slow acting carb then the next week I read you need a fast acting carb to get into the bloodstream quicker. Gives me a headache.

By the way where is this preworkout powder at already!?!?! I still have your work number don't make me give you a call tomorrow.

h2s
01-03-2013, 08:39 AM
Mixing PeptoPRO with micellar casein defeats the purpose of the PeptoPRO. I cant stress this enough, and there are studies to back it. PeptoPRO should be used by itself. When considering peptopro, approach it as you would bcaa supplementation. You wouldnt mix bcaas with other proteins most likely. Same with PeptoPRO. In fact peptopro has been shown to work better in lower carbohydrate environments than higher ones. I want everyone to benefit and use the products we sell correctly. Part of the truth in marketing we do here at PN

If one utilizes carbs preworkout, do you recommend only using Pepto Pro intra and post then?

PNMike
01-03-2013, 01:20 PM

to answer your question about carbs, it depends on what your goals are. If looking to add muscle without regard for fat, then CarboSLIN. If looking to try and do a "bulk", then oats plus. Here's the thing, without seeing your diet all day, its really hard to answer this question, plus so many other things come into play. Training style, diet construction, body type. To blanket statement answer your question, HIGH GLYCEMIC post-workout, low-glycemic the rest of the day.

As far as the preworkout, i have a finished product right here. Afraid to release it because it tastes like a warhead candy. Its that sour. It works great, no added stims, but i really fear its too sour for most and i can already see the negative publicity because it doesnt taste like company x's and their product tastes like Kool-Aid

PNMike
01-03-2013, 01:25 PM
If one utilizes carbs preworkout, do you recommend only using Pepto Pro intra and post then?

with peptopro i recommend protein pulses. 5g of PeptoPro every 5-10 minutes til finished. Then you can pile on the carbs...so H2S, here is a scenario

Pre = Carbs and Leucine/BCAAs

Intra = Carbs (Less than 20g) and Pepto Pro or Leucine

Post = Protein pulse of PeptoPro followed by high glycemic carbs 10 minutes after finishing PeptoPRO

Search John Meadows and Mark Dugdale. They are working together this year. John has Mark doing pulses of peptopro as i have recommended also.

DJM
01-03-2013, 02:55 PM
to answer your question about carbs, it depends on what your goals are. If looking to add muscle without regard for fat, then CarboSLIN. If looking to try and do a "bulk", then oats plus. Here's the thing, without seeing your diet all day, its really hard to answer this question, plus so many other things come into play. Training style, diet construction, body type. To blanket statement answer your question, HIGH GLYCEMIC post-workout, low-glycemic the rest of the day.

As far as the preworkout, i have a finished product right here. Afraid to release it because it tastes like a warhead candy. Its that sour. It works great, no added stims, but i really fear its too sour for most and i can already see the negative publicity because it doesnt taste like company x's and their product tastes like Kool-Aid

i like the workout layout, ontop of being a big fan of meadows (hes worked alot with vaillant from here as well, got him his can title)
the postwo approach is interesting, as iv gone problend immediately post, and 1hr later meal with protein and carbs, im gonna do your way and have the peptopro and karbolyn in the car waiting (ill grab carboslin when im out)

sour is always good, i was a kool aid guy years ago admittedly

h2s
01-03-2013, 03:04 PM
with peptopro i recommend protein pulses. 5g of PeptoPro every 5-10 minutes til finished. Then you can pile on the carbs...so H2S, here is a scenario

Post = Protein pulse of PeptoPro followed by high glycemic carbs 10 minutes after finishing PeptoPRO

Search John Meadows and Mark Dugdale. They are working together this year. John has Mark doing pulses of peptopro as i have recommended also.

Good info, much appreciated.

Scope75
01-03-2013, 03:19 PM
I'd be down for this sour ass pre workout.

O_RYAN_007
01-03-2013, 06:57 PM
I'd be down for this sour ass pre workout.

Likewise. But I already hit up peptopro, creatine hcl, agmatine sulfate, and citrulline malate pre workout...

- - - Updated - - -

What carbs are you talking about intra?

O_RYAN_007
01-03-2013, 07:00 PM

NOA, I use the chocolate casein and its F-ING AMAZING! I've never tried a casein protein that tasted so good, PN did it right just as they do everything else!! PN is the only place I get sups from these days!

Rulk
01-03-2013, 07:18 PM
NOA, I use the chocolate casein and its F-ING AMAZING! I've never tried a casein protein that tasted so good, PN did it right just as they do everything else!! PN is the only place I get sups from these days!

Back in September I grabbed a couple jugs of casein from vitaminshoppe and it smells bad. Taste is okay. I usually end up eating cottage cheese at night or just a casein shake. I am digging the peptopro from PN though.

PNMike
01-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Likewise. But I already hit up peptopro, creatine hcl, agmatine sulfate, and citrulline malate pre workout...

- - - Updated - - -

What carbs are you talking about intra?

for intra carbs, i only use and recommend to everyone HIGH GLYCEMIC....CarboSLIN would be perfect

ctAL
01-03-2013, 11:26 PM

thank you, ive come across so many different peptopro protocols/ info it made my head spin.

BBG
01-04-2013, 12:54 AM
Opinions on rilose vs carboslin??

AND... your protein/carb powders list on the back measurements for the servings in cups. The products come with scoops... how large are the scoops? 1 serving?

PNMike
01-04-2013, 05:13 AM
Opinions on rilose vs carboslin??

AND... your protein/carb powders list on the back measurements for the servings in cups. The products come with scoops... how large are the scoops? 1 serving?

carboslin over rilose simply because of the added digestive enzymes and banaba...IMHO, only reason to select rilose over carboslin is if corn products irritate your stomach. Waxy maize is corn based.

one scoop in our bags yields about 28-30g of powder in most proteins, and that tends to be a round scoop...not flat, not heaping

for CarboSLIN, its the same 70cc scoop and it yields just over 40g...the nutritional facts software we use makes us input cups,etc for label creation, hence everything is usually 1/3 cup

dacookiemonsta
02-05-2013, 10:49 PM
for intra carbs, i only use and recommend to everyone HIGH GLYCEMIC....CarboSLIN would be perfect

What about the preworkout carbs with the bcaas assuming you are going to be the peptopro intra as well?

And why would anybody take amino infusion instead of this intra workout if this is the best thing out there? Cost maybe?

PNMike
02-08-2013, 05:02 AM
What about the preworkout carbs with the bcaas assuming you are going to be the peptopro intra as well?

And why would anybody take amino infusion instead of this intra workout if this is the best thing out there? Cost maybe?

Well it depends on how much per month you want to spend, etc...AI is great for on the go etc or just to get away from powders. AI is a EAAs and BCAAs. Also, maybe im reading this wrong, but you are asking why take carboslin vs AI? they are different, you need them both. or are you asking AI vs PeptoPRO? for AI vs PeptoPro, its a matter of cost. I get a better fullness from AI though

DJM
02-08-2013, 07:15 AM
i like both,
AI prewo (2oz) with carbs and creatine hcl
peptopro intra (24g)

its more than i want to spend, but fuck it.....i like both (besides my mouth smelling like shit), and find they arent exactly the same, AI gives a lil kick about 10min after ingestion

dacookiemonsta
02-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Well it depends on how much per month you want to spend, etc...AI is great for on the go etc or just to get away from powders. AI is a EAAs and BCAAs. Also, maybe im reading this wrong, but you are asking why take carboslin vs AI? they are different, you need them both. or are you asking AI vs PeptoPRO? for AI vs PeptoPro, its a matter of cost. I get a better fullness from AI though

Sorry I wasn't overly clear with my question.

I was curious about taking peptopro vs. AI intra.

I figured it was cost but it's interesting some fill kick from AI.

I use to feel a little something from it when I took it a year and a half or so ago but I figured it was in my mind.

PNMike
02-09-2013, 06:31 PM
nope...the EAAs in AI help with energy...histidine comes to mine, little taurine too

rockstarjacked
02-10-2013, 08:04 AM
i plan to add fasted cardio (10-15mins of hiit on elliptical) first thing in the morning to my training protocol. i've been hesitant to start this because i think i can maximize the results if i consume some supps pre-cardio (maybe bcaa, peptopro, glutamine, creatine, etc.). PNMike, what would your site's most optimal product be for this scenario? you carry several similar products, thas why i'd like to get your honest opinion. thanks

- - - Updated - - -

sorry if this would be the wrong thread for my question... the carboslin description inclined me to ask it here.

DJM
02-10-2013, 10:24 AM
^^^ id say peptopro or amino infusion prior to cardio

rockstarjacked
02-10-2013, 12:48 PM
you prefer one over the other? btw i forgot to mention i am not adding the cardio to lose weight, i'm doing it for maximal heart health and recovery, so i'll be upping my cals to compensate for what the cardio burns. mainly trying to stay in as anabolic of a state as possible without spiking my insulin levels and negating many of the benefits of fasted cardio

BBG
02-10-2013, 01:16 PM
I'd say use carbs+protein during your run. Peptopro and carboslin would work great. Since you're not doing it for weight loss there is no reason to fear the carbs.

rockstarjacked
02-10-2013, 04:00 PM
ok i will invest in some peptropro for sure. i eat an excess of carbs throughout the day, low glycemic except for post workout. so depending on how much i can spend, i may get the carboslin or similar carb supp as well. thanks guys