PDA

View Full Version : Farah/kai seminar

DJM
01-12-2013, 12:10 PM
George Farah Kai Greene seminar ireland 2012 Full HD - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNgxBfWvIzE)

MIKE ROSS was just talking bout this

milehighguy
01-12-2013, 11:43 PM
Interesting....

I liked the post workout and first meal of the day advice. Didn't really know that stopping catabolism the wrong way could blunt your GH. And I've been doing it wrong.

I wonder why they didn't ask for more just general tips or tricks in that hour session.

DJM
01-13-2013, 10:52 AM
prob cause alot of the audience were competing bodybuilders

milehighguy
01-13-2013, 11:41 AM
DJM - aren't you a heavy user of amino acids? Are you using them first thing when you wake up?

DJM
01-13-2013, 12:19 PM
no, was doing oatmeal/blueberries then 30min later problend, as per his suggestion i might swap places there
his postwo tip iv done for a while without knowing why, actually was burly who said he always just went protein postwo, then matt put up an article so i felt confident in what i was doing was fine.....then if kai is doing it then id say ill stick to it and not bother with carbs postwo until meal time

aminos yes, currently i do 2oz amino infusion prewo with carbs and creatine, peptopro 12g intra, then 2scoop protein post......iv always flooded myself in this period.......if budget is a concern id drop the prewo aminos, which i might do soon actually

like he said too, its not going to be game changing but every little bit helps, and after a long period of doing it right, yes there are pronounced results

milehighguy
01-13-2013, 12:34 PM
yep, makes sense. i was hitting carbs to quickly after my workouts so i will swap myself. just protein first and then the carbs...

i am also working on the prewo regime. i hit creatine for sure but want to add some aminos.

thanks

nate3993
01-13-2013, 08:06 PM
i just saw this vid the other day. was pretty interesting. he said kai was natural before he turned pro. HA! total bs. look at kai as an amateur. natural bodybuilders don't look like kai did. no way. but other than that, good stuff.

O_RYAN_007
01-14-2013, 06:34 AM
I got to thinking about what he said regarding eating carbs and fats is like just eating a donut... I eat 6 whole eggs and 1 cup of oatmeal for bfast... What gives? Am I going this wrong? He spoke about how eating egg whites gives you the shits and isn't a complete protein... I've heard of not mixing fats and carbs.

markam
01-14-2013, 08:06 AM
I got to thinking about what he said regarding eating carbs and fats is like just eating a donut... I eat 6 whole eggs and 1 cup of oatmeal for bfast... What gives? Am I going this wrong? He spoke about how eating egg whites gives you the shits and isn't a complete protein... I've heard of not mixing fats and carbs.

I thought he said that egg white wasn't as great as people thought, and that it will give you the shits. Much better to use a high quality whey product like Optimum nutrition, (not srs). Hydrolyzed Whey after working out then 30 minutes later carbs. Personally I don't get the shit's from egg white and I usually mix it 100gms with 40 gms whey blend. ON's Hydrolyzed whey is mega expensive, but I think he has a point in using it or Aminos first thing in the morning, then immediately after training. I'll try this, except with EAAs (Humapro).
Really not impressed with ON 'gold standard' whey, though. As I'm sure you know, Farah had an affiliation with ON and said he was involved in developing their Hydrolyzed whey product. I can see that taking carbs 30 minutes or so after protein could make a significant difference, but not sure if hydrolyzed whey vs a blend or Isolate would really make that much of a difference. Maybe if you're a pro it would be worth it, but then you'd have sponsorship, wouldn't you. :)

I do agree with not combining fats and carbs, especially sugar, though.

DJM
01-14-2013, 08:36 AM
^^^how you like the HUMAPRO.....people seem to love it or bash it to high hell cause its ALRI

markam
01-14-2013, 08:55 AM
^^^how you like the HUMAPRO.....people seem to love it or bash it to high hell cause its ALRI

The version with added SD is best:)

I've been using Humapro for quite a while, and it's better than whey for some purposes. Basically you can take it with MCT oil or carbs and I don't get any of the bloat that I tend to get from whey. Although there was bad press re Alri products and contamination, I would guess that they're being 'watched' and don't want to make any 'mistakes' again. Their carb product is especially good imo; it's made from rice and digests quickly and easily and I find it better than Vitargo, and it has very little sugar.

I would think Humapro would be quite a good product for you, as being vegetarian you have less complete protein sources so it would give you another option.

Humapro (EAAs), Chain'd out (BCAAs), and Chain'd reaction (carbs) have become staples for me, and I find I am using less and less whey and probably will stop using it altogether. I still eat lot's of Salmon, eggs, tuna, steak, etc.

Scope75
01-14-2013, 10:35 AM
Humapro and chained out both taste great.
I've only had samples so I can only comment on taste.

DJM
01-14-2013, 11:04 AM
thanks, a calorie less 'protein' upon waking, pre and postwo is interesting

i had the original venom, wifey tried it too.....nothing to date beat that stuff....she was miserable but it fkn worked lol

Rodja
01-14-2013, 11:05 AM

Oats and whole eggs are miles apart from eating a donut. I'm not a fan of oats, but to compare that meal to donut is fucking retarded. Egg whites are a complete protein and maybe raw egg whites will give you the shits, but not if they're cooked. There's something about Farrah that I find very shady and unsettling. I've heard stories about how his "customized diets" are just copy/paste jobs that he recycles to his clients.

Also, let's be honest, the prep coaches are mainly drug consultants. Outside of the deplete/loading phase, the dietting for a show is pretty straight forward.

DJM
01-14-2013, 11:17 AM
fuck you rodja........im going to krispy kreme today.....
yeah that was retarded.....the timing of protein and carbs was my main interest seeing mike ross was talking bout that when he released carboslin

egg whites dont give me the shits either

Scope75
01-14-2013, 11:45 AM
Lots of info in that seminar seemed a little off to me.
Egg whites raw, cooked, or out of a box don't give me the shits and the last I read they where a good complete protien.

I'm still going to be having my protien, then a carb meal, then dinner.
I used to do carbs with a shake, or I'd skip the shake and eat a protien meal 15-30 after the carbs.

nate3993
01-14-2013, 12:09 PM
Farrah does come off as shady. Not sure why. I'm sure the whole protein, then carbs works though.

burlyman30
01-14-2013, 12:12 PM
Raw egg whites do contain avidin, which binds to a B vitamin and can cause a deficiency. Avidin is killed upon cooking.

I see where he was going with the carb and fats stuff. But it is all in degrees, with donuts being many degrees worse than eggs and oats. But one of my staple foods for years was bread with peanut butter. My metabolism used to be able to handle it. Makes me fatter now, so I almost never eat it.

machdaddy
01-14-2013, 12:57 PM
First thing upon waking is a whey/liquid egg white shake for me. Oatmeal follows about 60-90 min later.

Scope75
01-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Burly a couple years ago I'd eat 2 slices of toasted wheat bread with PB and honey on it for my breakfast at 530am.
Was so damn good!!!
Think ill make that without the honey and use walden farms maple syrup on almond/coconut flour bread.

Rodja
01-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Raw egg whites do contain avidin, which binds to a B vitamin and can cause a deficiency. Avidin is killed upon cooking.

I see where he was going with the carb and fats stuff. But it is all in degrees, with donuts being many degrees worse than eggs and oats. But one of my staple foods for years was bread with peanut butter. My metabolism used to be able to handle it. Makes me fatter now, so I almost never eat it.

I have a theory about that why that happens that has nothing to do with metabolic rate.

burlyman30
01-14-2013, 09:05 PM
I have a theory about that why that happens that has nothing to do with metabolic rate.

Interested in hearing it. It was always my supposition that carbs acted as a transport vehicle for the fats because of the rise of blood sugar and resulting insulin increase. My metabolic rate was lightning fast and burned everything off me when I was young, so I presumed that it either was the speed of my metabolism or a shift in the way my body chose to burn food for fuel.

markam
01-15-2013, 03:04 AM
Interested in hearing it. It was always my supposition that carbs acted as a transport vehicle for the fats because of the rise of blood sugar and resulting insulin increase. My metabolic rate was lightning fast and burned everything off me when I was young, so I presumed that it either was the speed of my metabolism or a shift in the way my body chose to burn food for fuel.

Maybe you're just like, eating more. LOL

Rodja
01-15-2013, 06:55 AM

My theory has to do with the "dirtiness" of both wheat and peanuts. This is mainly due to genetic engineering of the plants and one of the consequences is that it sends the body into a state of stress/inflammation and, ergo, makes it hold more fat.

DJM
01-15-2013, 07:00 AM
http://cdn.blisstree.com/files/2010/09/maranatha-475x343.png

i can do a jar every few days of this stuff.............and knowing how much rodja knows about food and its processes in the body.....i feel dirty myself

markam
01-15-2013, 07:07 AM
My theory has to do with the "dirtiness" of both wheat and peanuts. This is mainly due to genetic engineering of the plants and one of the consequences is that it sends the body into a state of stress/inflammation and, ergo, makes it hold more fat.

Makes sense, but the reason that Burly previously could eat peanut butter sandwiches with out fat gain and now can't, is down his, ahem, 'maturity'?

h2s
01-15-2013, 07:17 AM
http://cdn.blisstree.com/files/2010/09/maranatha-475x343.png

i can do a jar every few days of this stuff.............and knowing how much rodja knows about food and its processes in the body.....i feel dirty myself

Get Mara natha almond butter...shit is awesome.

Rodja
01-15-2013, 07:23 AM
Makes sense, but the reason that Burly previously could eat peanut butter sandwiches with out fat gain and now can't, is down his, ahem, 'maturity'?

The downshift in metabolic rate for the active person, which he has been for decades, is much smaller than the sedentary person.

markam
01-15-2013, 07:48 AM
The downshift in metabolic rate for the active person, which he has been for decades, is much smaller than the sedentary person.

So what's the reason for the change in how his body is now utilizing the PB sandwich?

Rodja
01-15-2013, 07:53 AM
So what's the reason for the change in how his body is now utilizing the PB sandwich?

Reread my earlier post.

markam
01-15-2013, 07:58 AM
Reread my earlier post.

Originally Posted by Rodja

------

Yep, I get that, but Burly said,"But one of my staple foods for years was bread with peanut butter. My metabolism used to be able to handle it. Makes me fatter now, so I almost never eat it."

Sorry if I'm 'not getting it'.

Rodja
01-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by Rodja

------

Yep, I get that, but Burly said,"But one of my staple foods for years was bread with peanut butter. My metabolism used to be able to handle it. Makes me fatter now, so I almost never eat it."

Sorry if I'm 'not getting it'.

The food supply these days is much dirtier if not downright toxic. Eat shitty food and your body will show it. Age is merely a coincidence in this instance and the focus incorrectly shifts to this by using the metabolic rate as a justification instead of looking into other factors.

markam
01-15-2013, 08:13 AM
The food supply these days is much dirtier if not downright toxic. Eat shitty food and your body will show it. Age is merely a coincidence in this instance and the focus incorrectly shifts to this by using the metabolic rate as a justification instead of looking into other factors.

Ok, gotcha.

Rodja
01-15-2013, 08:15 AM
Ok, gotcha. You're saying that food today isn't the same quality compared to twenty or so years ago.

Not even close. If you look at labels of chicken breast now compared to even ten years ago, there's less protein per serving. Food is so artificial these days that, unless you eat exclusively free-range, you're going to be consuming some relatively dirty/altered food.

markam
01-15-2013, 08:31 AM
Not even close. If you look at labels of chicken breast now compared to even ten years ago, there's less protein per serving. Food is so artificial these days that, unless you eat exclusively free-range, you're going to be consuming some relatively dirty/altered food.

As I cook the majority of meals for my 10 year old son, I think I will have to go almost exclusively organic to make sure he's getting adequate nutrition. Damn foods getting even more expensive.

Rodja
01-15-2013, 08:42 AM
As I cook the majority of meals for my 10 year old son, I think I will have to go almost exclusively organic to make sure he's getting adequate nutrition. Damn foods getting even more expensive.

Organic produce isn't that much more expensive; it's the flesh that becomes exorbitant. Grass fed, organic beef and chicken are 2-4x times more expensive and adds up quickly for those who eat a high amount of protein.

markam
01-15-2013, 08:54 AM
Organic produce isn't that much more expensive; it's the flesh that becomes exorbitant. Grass fed, organic beef and chicken are 2-4x times more expensive and adds up quickly for those who eat a high amount of protein.

Yep. Some of the food I buy is organic, but I haven't yet been able to source grass fed beef, etc. Will have to look in it, now.

BTW, your number's are very impressive. Have you put any video's or pics up?

Rodja
01-15-2013, 09:23 AM
Yep. Some of the food I buy is organic, but I haven't yet been able to source grass fed beef, etc. Will have to look in it, now.

BTW, your number's are very impressive. Have you put any video's or pics up?

I have some DL videos, but nothing recent.

markam
01-15-2013, 10:21 AM
I have some DL videos, but nothing recent.

I guess a lot of people here would be interested.

Rodja
01-15-2013, 10:27 AM
RodjaX49 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/RodjaX49/videos?view=0&flow=grid)

Haven't updated any ME in months.

DJM
01-15-2013, 11:16 AM
Get Mara natha almond butter...shit is awesome.

hate the taste of almond butter.....i know its better for me.....but pb is soooo good

DJM
01-15-2013, 11:18 AM
The version with added SD is best:)

I've been using Humapro for quite a while, and it's better than whey for some purposes. Basically you can take it with MCT oil or carbs and I don't get any of the bloat that I tend to get from whey. Although there was bad press re Alri products and contamination, I would guess that they're being 'watched' and don't want to make any 'mistakes' again. Their carb product is especially good imo; it's made from rice and digests quickly and easily and I find it better than Vitargo, and it has very little sugar.

I would think Humapro would be quite a good product for you, as being vegetarian you have less complete protein sources so it would give you another option.

Humapro (EAAs), Chain'd out (BCAAs), and Chain'd reaction (carbs) have become staples for me, and I find I am using less and less whey and probably will stop using it altogether. I still eat lot's of Salmon, eggs, tuna, steak, etc.

just grabbed 2 tubs, shit is hard to find, and anyone who has it want alot for shipping

reading more n more, thought give it a try....oddly its very popular on tnation among some of the more 'advanced' members, but loathed by the bb.com crowd (alri isnt carried there anymore also)

ill use it am, pre/post....see what happens after a month

burlyman30
01-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Rodja, by your explanation of fat gain, wouldn't we all also get fat on pretty much every food that is grown? Vegetables are of lesser quality because of gm, malnutritioned soil, and pesticides.

Rodja
01-15-2013, 11:40 AM
Rodja, by your explanation of fat gain, wouldn't we all also get fat on pretty much every food that is grown? Vegetables are of lesser quality because of gm, malnutritioned soil, and pesticides.

Depends on what is primarily consumed as not all plants have the same prevalence of GE and the gluten amount. Gluten itself is inherently inflammatory (PMID: 20514534) and that can lead to fat retention from chronic increases in cortisol. The produce quality is also going to depend on the area in which you live and the seasons. We don't eat seasonally anymore and the means that growers now take to have, for example, year-round tomatoes is somewhat extreme. They're more of a pseudo-tomato that is ripened with ethylene gas and rushed to the market.

My biggest issue with the USDA is the fight that they've been putting up in an effort to counter the labeling of GMO foods.

Scope75
01-15-2013, 12:14 PM

Man I love me some PB but when I'm not eating it I usually seem to hold less water or lean out.
What's the best type of nut butter to eat??

DJM
01-15-2013, 12:20 PM
Man I love me some PB but when I'm not eating it I usually seem to hold less water or lean out.

almond

Scope75
01-15-2013, 12:26 PM
almond

That's what I figured.
Good thing I like that stuff too, but its just a good bit more expensive.
The last 3 72oz jars of PB that i already have will be my last.

burlyman30
01-15-2013, 12:27 PM

Depends who is asking...

markam
01-15-2013, 12:35 PM
just grabbed 2 tubs, shit is hard to find, and anyone who has it want alot for shipping

reading more n more, thought give it a try....oddly its very popular on tnation among some of the more 'advanced' members, but loathed by the bb.com crowd (alri isnt carried there anymore also)

ill use it am, pre/post....see what happens after a month

It's best on a empty stomach, or at least two and a half hours after eating complete protein. You also need to wait 20-30 minutes before eating protein after using Humapro. As well as pre and post workout, it works well with a little coconut milk before bed, and I often use it with 5gms MCTs first thing in the morning.

Scope75
01-15-2013, 12:36 PM
Well I just figured out what I'll be using some of my last bit of PB on and it'll be for some PB cookies. Lol
Can't wait to get of the the specialist office.

DJM
01-15-2013, 12:38 PM
It's best on a empty stomach, or at least two and a half hours after eating complete protein. You also need to wait 20-30 minutes before eating protein after using Humapro. As well as pre and post workout, it works well with a little coconut milk before bed, and I often use it with 5gms MCTs first thing in the morning.

itd be 8am (next meal at 11am, so its sorta fast)
prewo 5pm
postwo 7ish (next meal would be an hour later, protein and carbs)

the prebed tip thanks, please dont tell me you are mixing apple cider hunapro with coconut milk lol

markam
01-15-2013, 12:49 PM
itd be 8am (next meal at 11am, so its sorta fast)
prewo 5pm
postwo 7ish (next meal would be an hour later, protein and carbs)

the prebed tip thanks, please dont tell me you are mixing apple cider hunapro with coconut milk lol

I'd suggest taking in even as little as 3gms of MCT with the Humapro at 8am. My idea is that the body will burn the MCTs rather than using the Humapro for fuel. The coconut milk was a tip from Author L Rea, but I use 5gms coconut oil or MCTs. By using Humapro instead of whey I've been able to eat more carbs, which is always good.

DJM
01-15-2013, 01:09 PM
I'd suggest taking in even as little as 3gms of MCT with the Humapro at 8am. My idea is that the body will burn the MCTs rather than using the Humapro for fuel. The coconut milk was a tip from Author L Rea, but I use 5gms coconut oil or MCTs. By using Humapro instead of whey I've been able to eat more carbs, which is always good.

same here coconut oil
hows your pre/intra/post wo look like........i ask cause alri says no protein or aminos around the time you use the humapro, but everything i read is protein protein, and they even suggest using their own chained out with it..........id like to do 2sv starting prewo, through the wo (intra), and then use my gluta tren immediately post (it tastes so good i miss it, 14g blend of glutamine, and some other stuff incl small amounts of aminos, 0 cal also) and then do a meal 1hr later once iv washed my sweaty ass

markam
01-15-2013, 03:41 PM
same here coconut oil
hows your pre/intra/post wo look like........i ask cause alri says no protein or aminos around the time you use the humapro, but everything i read is protein protein, and they even suggest using their own chained out with it..........id like to do 2sv starting prewo, through the wo (intra), and then use my gluta tren immediately post (it tastes so good i miss it, 14g blend of glutamine, and some other stuff incl small amounts of aminos, 0 cal also) and then do a meal 1hr later once iv washed my sweaty ass

I often workout fasted, so I might take some Bcaas when I wake up, then 30-60 minutes a preworkout supp, then Bcaas Intra and Humapro immediately post workout, 30 minutes later some carbs and protein, (no fat). I often use fage no fat Greek yoghurt mixed with oats and breakfast cereal, berries. My evening meal might be salmon, eggs, steak, so I'll get my fats here.

The Alri Bcaas product is another staple for me. The Aminos are 'malates' and their said to be more efficiently used by the body and less prone to be burnt as fuel compared to regular Aminos. Chain'd out also has Rhodiola rosea plus some other Chinese herbs in it, and it mixes easily and tastes great. Ideally I'd take some Humapro at the start of working out also, but this does all get costly, so I try to prioritise my usage. Until recently I was mixing carbs with Bcaas for my Intra drink, which I liked a lot, but I'm cutting that out at the moment.

BTW There's a low stim preworkout by Prosupps called Dr Jekll and it only contains 100mgs of caffeine, but also has Creatine HCL and Agamatine, and it's not a proprietary blend. I think it has 1gm Creatine HCL and 750mgs Agamatine, so you can always add more if you wish.

Rodja
01-15-2013, 05:06 PM

Peanuts are quite a misnomer in that they're not actually a nut. Almond or cashew butter are my personal favorites or eating the actual nuts along with some Brazil nuts and macadamia nuts.

Scope75
01-15-2013, 06:18 PM
Peanuts are quite a misnomer in that they're not actually a nut. Almond or cashew butter are my personal favorites or eating the actual nuts along with some Brazil nuts and macadamia nuts.
You just made my day because I love cashew butter and I'd already be eating almond butter if I could buy it in bulk and it didn't cost so much. I'll make the switch thou because I know as good as PB taste it just doesn't work that well for me anymore.
Brazil nuts are a favorite too. Where do you find those because I only find them in a mix.
What's your thoughts on walnuts, hazelnuts, and pecans?

Rodja
01-15-2013, 07:29 PM
You just made my day because I love cashew butter and I'd already be eating almond butter if I could buy it in bulk and it didn't cost so much. I'll make the switch thou because I know as good as PB taste it just doesn't work that well for me anymore.
Brazil nuts are a favorite too. Where do you find those because I only find them in a mix.
What's your thoughts on walnuts, hazelnuts, and pecans?

Not a fan of them taste wise, but they're good profile wise.

O_RYAN_007
01-15-2013, 07:49 PM
I love pecans!

Scope75
01-15-2013, 07:55 PM
Not a fan of them taste wise, but they're good profile wise.

Walnuts and pecans are great in a chicken salad.

markam
01-17-2013, 02:38 AM
same here coconut oil

Previously I suggested a protocol based on some of Faras recommendations re GH, etc. This is the protocol I will be following from now. (Blunting GH response doesn't seem to have hurt mountain dog, does it).

This is pretty much what I used to do, and will be reverting back to. I might have an additional serving of Humapro late afternoon, depending on previous protein consumption.

7.30am Bcaas

8.30 - 11am Bcaas as needed (2 servings) Coconut oil if needed

11am Preworkout supp

11.30 Bcaas & Chain'd reaction 42gms (carbs low G.I.) Sip throughout workout. 1 and a half servings Bcaas.

12.00 2 servings Humapro taken middle of workout, (not sipped)
Continue sipping Bcaas

12.30 Finish workout. Either 2 servings Humapro with chain'd reaction, (carbs), or Whey / whey blend, optional carbs (oats)

1am If taken Humapro as post workout, meal.

1.30 if taken whey blend, etc, meal.

Pre bed 2 servings Humapro with 5gms Coconut oil.

My last 'proper meal' is eaten before 6pm, usually.

Scope75
01-17-2013, 09:51 AM
Previously I suggested a protocol based on some of Faras recommendations re GH, etc. This is the protocol I will be following from now. (Blunting GH response doesn't seem to have hurt mountain dog, does it).

This is pretty much what I used to do, and will be reverting back to. I might have an additional serving of Humapro late afternoon, depending on previous protein consumption.

7.30am Bcaas

8.30 - 11am Bcaas as needed (2 servings) Coconut oil if needed

11am Preworkout supp

11.30 Bcaas & Chain'd reaction 42gms (carbs low G.I.) Sip throughout workout. 1 and a half servings Bcaas.

12.00 2 servings Humapro taken middle of workout, (not sipped)
Continue sipping Bcaas

12.30 Finish workout. Either 2 servings Humapro with chain'd reaction, (carbs), or Whey / whey blend, optional carbs (oats)

1am If taken Humapro as post workout, meal.

1.30 if taken whey blend, etc, meal.

Pre bed 2 servings Humapro with 5gms Coconut oil.

My last 'proper meal' is eaten before 6pm, usually.
That's one hell of a protocol and all that humapro has to get spendy..

markam
01-17-2013, 10:03 AM
That's one hell of a protocol and all that humapro has to get spendy..

Yep, it's not cheap. You could just use the Humapro once a day with some quick carbs post workout, depends what you're trying to do.

Actually if I was using Humapro post workout I wouldn't take it intra. If moneys no object, some Humapro with carbs 15 mins before workout. As I often just eat between 11am - 5 pm, I like taking some after eating 5 gms coconut oil before bed.

Rodja
01-17-2013, 10:05 AM
That's seems like such a waste of time, effort, and money. Too much emphasis on supplements instead of focusing on actual nutrition.

markam
01-17-2013, 10:14 AM
That's seems like such a waste of time, effort, and money. Too much emphasis on supplements instead of focusing on actual nutrition.

Well, counting your total calorie intake and macros ain't exactly a walk in the park, either. In my opinion I eat very healthy food 90% of the time, and by supplementing with BCAAs and EAAs I don't have to consume a small farmyard of animals to get my daily protein requirements.

Scope75
01-17-2013, 10:37 AM

That's what I was thinking too.
Seems like I'd be mixing/drinking something every few minutes, and I'd need like 6 shaker cups a day.
I've found food the be way cheaper than supps and I love to eat.
But if it's working for him that's great and I hope it continues a to work too.
Different strokes for different folks!!

Rodja
01-17-2013, 10:39 AM
Well, counting your total calorie intake and macros ain't exactly a walk in the park, either. In my opinion I eat very healthy food 90% of the time, and by supplementing with BCAAs and EAAs I don't have to consume a small farmyard of animals to get my daily protein requirements.

It takes far more effort to follow the protocol you outlined than to count macros. EAA/BCAA is no substitution for whole foods and this mentality is one of the biggest plagues out there right now. Too much reliance on supplements when the overwhelming majority of them are for convenience and not necessity. With each year, I find myself using fewer and fewer supplements. My "staples" used to be near 10 or so per day, but it's down to four: fish oil, NaRALA, digestive enzymes, and Erase (on-cycle AI).

Again, the amount of time that people put into micromanaging their supplements blows my mind, especially when they put maybe 1/10th of that amount of effort into training templates and cooking.

longBallLima
01-17-2013, 10:55 AM

myfitnesspal :)

markam
01-17-2013, 10:56 AM
That's what I was thinking too.
Seems like I'd be mixing/drinking something every few minutes, and I'd need like 6 shaker cups a day.
I've found food the be way cheaper than supps and I love to eat.
But if it's working for him that's great and I hope it continues a to work too.
Different strokes for different folks!!

Well the thing is that I work at night, so I'm home in the daytime and I workout at home also.

Having some Bcaas when I get up tides me over until after I've taken my son to school plus a few other things, so I either eat at 11am or start training then, it's not that complicated. Though I can see it would be harder to manage if I was away from home in the day.
I use Bcaas twice a day and Humapro post workout and before bed. Since I've stopped using whey, my stomachs been a lot happier and I've spent far less time in the bathroom. Maybe whey just doesn't agree with me. I also get protein from many other quality sources, but haven't knowingly tried horse meat yet. (In the UK horse meat was found in burgers on sale in two mayor supermarkets, and there's been an outcry). Horsemeat actually sounds quite good to me; I know it's low in fat and has a sweetish taste to it.

Scope75
01-17-2013, 10:58 AM
It takes far more effort to follow the protocol you outlined than to count macros. EAA/BCAA is no substitution for whole foods and this mentality is one of the biggest plagues out there right now. Too much reliance on supplements when the overwhelming majority of them are for convenience and not necessity. With each year, I find myself using fewer and fewer supplements. My "staples" used to be near 10 or so per day, but it's down to four: fish oil, NaRALA, digestive enzymes, and Erase (on-cycle AI).

Again, the amount of time that people put into micromanaging their supplements blows my mind, especially when they put maybe 1/10th of that amount of effort into training templates and cooking.

I used to have a protocol like above and that shit was hard to keep on top of because if you don't have or aren't around your supps your screwed. It almost becomes stressful because your I was always watching the clock trying to get what I thought I needed into my body and certain times. Now my staples are fish oil, CLA, digestive enzymes, green tea, and slin sane for heavy carb meals.
BCAAs and protein are only used around my workout or if I'm in a pinch and need one because I can't or don't have time to eat.

markam
01-17-2013, 11:12 AM
I used to have a protocol like above and that shit was hard to keep on top of because if you don't have or aren't around your supps your screwed. It almost becomes stressful because your I was always watching the clock trying to get what I thought I needed into my body and certain times. Now my staples are fish oil, CLA, digestive enzymes, green tea, and slin sane for heavy carb meals.
BCAAs and protein are only used around my workout or if I'm in a pinch and need one because I can't or don't have time to eat.

Whoa, hold on there. I'm pretty much doing the sam as you, just using Humapro instead of whey, yes?

DJ bought some Humapro the other day and asked me for my thoughts on it, so I wrote a sample way of using it. That's all.

DJM
01-17-2013, 11:41 AM
haahaahahha
yeah i grabbed the humapro and asked markham how he used it, seeing alot of guys who liked it seemed to drop whey altogether....i figured id see what happens, and take his advice and apply it to how i think i should run it........like rodja, im dropping supps all the time, that being said i do skim the e-tailors and sometimes something peaks my interest

id more than likely use humapro in the am upon waking and prebed to extend a 'sorta' fast.....iv always looked leaner in the am if i didnt eat before bed, that includes shakes......BUT, i do eat alot and do not fathom it replacing anything....im quite sure ill down something an hour or so after that stuff upon waking......the night thing depends how long i linger infront of the tv, like the rest of us.........since the summer when i took condition seriously carbs where around the workout as meadows said he advises.....tbh i did this on my own and didnt know much about him until last few months......it works for me, he advocates it, ill stick with it...if anything ill prob up the peptopro and carbs intra, and stop buying so much iso/whey

i like this thread lol

markam
01-17-2013, 11:52 AM
So DJ, what do you make of Farah and his 'carbs blunting GH' stuff. Seems to work well if you use his ON Hydrawhey. LOL.

I've liked using carbs and Bcaas intra for quite some time but hearing what the expert had to say, I thought maybe I was wrong.

Still, doesn't seem like Meadows subscribes to Farahs no intra carbs idea, so it's back to how I used to do it, (for now, anyway:) )

DJM
01-17-2013, 12:11 PM
everyone has their own beliefs based on their own experiences

personally, im a carb whore......i like them better pre/intra than a stim prewo, pumps are significantly better and cleaner energy
postwo i can see both sides, i prefer the carbs to shuttle everything in........iv done the no carbs postwo and there is a loss in fullness over time....pre/intra works well

i was always under the impression carbs in the am, and around workout, and oats is the breakfast of champions..........buuuuuuut if farahs guys are pinning hgh upon waking and postwo, i can see where hes coming from

based on those two 'gurus', i tend to lean towards meadows's nutritonal planning

meadows routines tend to be extremely intense so carbs would be very important

Scope75
01-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Whoa, hold on there. I'm pretty much doing the sam as you, just using Humapro instead of whey, yes?

DJ bought some Humapro the other day and asked me for my thoughts on it, so I wrote a sample way of using it. That's all.

Not trying to knock your protocol at all just when its all laid out it seems like a lot of powders threw out the day.
For me its hydro whey and MCTs pre and a post hydro shake and that's it. I will sometimes mix 15 grams of BCAAs in a shaker and drink it threw out the day.
Non training days I very rarely have any shakes because food is king and makes me happier than a shake.

Scope75
01-17-2013, 12:32 PM
I'm with DJ on I'd rather follow Meadows plans because for one I like his approch more and I think I'd follow what he has to say more so than Farrah. Meadows reasoning just hits me better and is more understandable.

markam
01-17-2013, 12:57 PM
I'm with DJ on I'd rather follow Meadows plans because for one I like his approch more and I think I'd follow what he has to say more so than Farrah. Meadows reasoning just hits me better and is more understandable.

x2

markam
01-17-2013, 01:02 PM
Not trying to knock your protocol at all just when its all laid out it seems like a lot of powders threw out the day.
For me its hydro whey and MCTs pre and a post hydro shake and that's it. I will sometimes mix 15 grams of BCAAs in a shaker and drink it threw out the day.
Non training days I very rarely have any shakes because food is king and makes me happier than a shake.

No problem. That protocol (if I'm referring to the correct post) was a sort of example of how Humapro can be used. In reality I don't do that many shakes, just the Bcaas and Eaas, really. I'd try whey hydro, but Humapro works ok for me so if it's not broke, etc. Once I finish my existing whey I probably won't buy anymore, too much gastric distress from it.

Now pills, etc, are a different kettle of fish, but I'm not in Sperwer's league (yet) :)

Scope75
01-17-2013, 01:07 PM
No problem. That protocol (if I'm referring to the correct post) was a sort of example of how Humapro can be used. In reality I don't do that many shakes, just the Bcaas and Eaas, really. I'd try whey hydro, but Humapro works ok for me so if it's not broke, etc. Once I finish my existing whey I probably won't buy anymore, too much gastric distress from it.

Now pills, etc, are a different kettle of fish, but I'm not in Sperwer's league (yet) :)

Oh!!!
I was thinking that was your protocol and how many shakes you used per day.
Now that clears things up and makes since when you said you and I did the same thing.

Yeah that amount of pills is on another level. Lol

DJM
01-17-2013, 03:43 PM
PREWORKOUT
http://media.carbonated.tv/82590_story__3.jpg

POSTWO
http://www.ijustwantasite.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/philly-cheese-steak1.jpg

theres a protocol

Scope75
01-17-2013, 03:47 PM
My pre workout is a fat bowl off my 2 footer. Lol
Great pumps on it
Helps with the post workout eating