PDA

View Full Version : What do YOU Use for Energy?

nate3993
01-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Axon worked pretty well for me, then it kind of lost it's effects, started taking it with bioperine, that helped it, and now it just doesn't do anything for me. Looking for something else. I really did love Axon. Long lasting, no crash, no jitters. It's a shame this happened. So what do you guys use? I'm looking for just pure energy. I have my own premade preworkout. hcl, l-citrulline, kre alkalyn.

Cobalt
01-15-2013, 02:25 PM
I currently use Jack3d micro as a pre-wo. Awesome stim for getting me fired up.

As far as something to keep me going through the day... coffee.

xxiv
01-15-2013, 04:35 PM
I like cranked music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpeZBk4E7fY

Pre w/o stims are ok once in awhile but I'm really sensative to them so I keep them to a minimum. If you dug on axon take some time off and give it another whirl in a few weeks.

nate3993
01-15-2013, 04:40 PM
I like cranked music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpeZBk4E7fY

Pre w/o stims are ok once in awhile but I'm really sensative to them so I keep them to a minimum. If you dug on axon take some time off and give it another whirl in a few weeks.

taken well over a month off. and i didnt even use it for that long. i mean literally, less than a month total of using it

xxiv
01-15-2013, 05:07 PM
taken well over a month off. and i didnt even use it for that long. i mean literally, less than a month total of using it

How long have you been using stims in general? Perhaps you need a detox.

Rodja
01-15-2013, 05:10 PM
Thermogum

I've been using it in my rotation since it's release in Summer '09.

markam
01-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Thermogum

I haven't seen this for sale for a while. I'd use it while doing cardio. It does contain 1,3, dim or Geranamine extract, though, (I have no problem with that, but some people don't like it).

Rodja
01-15-2013, 05:58 PM
ThermoGum LLC ThermoGum (10 piece): Discount ThermoGum Supplements (http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/thermogum-llc/thermogum-10-piece.html)

pitboss
01-15-2013, 06:19 PM
Xyience energy drink with 1 piece of stayalert gum.

markam
01-15-2013, 06:34 PM
ThermoGum LLC ThermoGum (10 piece): Discount ThermoGum Supplements (http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/thermogum-llc/thermogum-10-piece.html)

I should have said that I haven't seen it on sale in the U.K. for some time. Great price though.

Cobalt
01-15-2013, 06:43 PM

That is fairly odd. I used Axon daily (1 a day) and it worked really well, every time.

Just have to ask, but where did you store your bottle? I know some compounds can totally crash if stored too hot/cold.

Grape Ape
01-15-2013, 10:08 PM
Thermogum

I need to get me some of this.

Scope75
01-15-2013, 10:34 PM
I need to get me some of this.

Works good too..
Has saved me a couple time on long drives and early morning cardio.

nate3993
01-16-2013, 01:50 AM
How long have you been using stims in general? Perhaps you need a detox.

were talking extreme minimal stim usage for years.

BBG
01-16-2013, 01:52 AM
steroids

- - - Updated - - -

Rodja! I love thermogum too, I picked up 20 packs on sale from nutra not so long ago. It's crazy.

nate3993
01-16-2013, 01:57 AM
steroids

- - - Updated - - -

Rodja! I love thermogum too, I picked up 20 packs on sale from nutra not so long ago. It's crazy.

i've been interested in trying something with some 1,3dm. i take it it's a lower dose, which is good because i don't wanna suppress my appetite. i shall try this. it's dirt cheap too. how long u guys find it lasts?

Rodja
01-16-2013, 07:10 AM
i've been interested in trying something with some 1,3dm. i take it it's a lower dose, which is good because i don't wanna suppress my appetite. i shall try this. it's dirt cheap too. how long u guys find it lasts?

I chew it like a piece of nicotine gum: chew is for about 15s and then tuck it like a dip for a few minutes and repeat. There's enough kick to get you moving for awhile.

Scope75
01-16-2013, 09:42 AM
I chew it like a piece of nicotine gum: chew is for about 15s and then tuck it like a dip for a few minutes and repeat. There's enough kick to get you moving for awhile.

That's exactly how I use it too.
Either tuck it into your lip like a dip or hold it under your tongue.
They pack enough punch to wake me up from falling asleep at the wheel and continue to drive for another 2hrs.

pman42
01-16-2013, 03:59 PM
My favourite for energy is yerba mate. it doesn't give me jitters like too much coffee. and you can use much higher doses than green tea without ruining the taste.

any kind of stimulant is going to be a short term solution. nate, with the issues you've posted about in other threads i'd be super cautious about their usage. better solutions, in my opinion, would be herbal adaptogens.

xxiv
01-16-2013, 04:51 PM
were talking extreme minimal stim usage for years.

That's odd then..... I hardly drink caffine so a pre w/o stime gets me crazy. Assault had me out of my mind. It takes me months to go through a tub and I share it with people that come lift with me.
I would think with minimal usage you'd be a long term responder.

Do you take then on an empty stomach?

Rodja
01-16-2013, 05:05 PM
My favourite for energy is yerba mate. it doesn't give me jitters like too much coffee. and you can use much higher doses than green tea without ruining the taste.

any kind of stimulant is going to be a short term solution. nate, with the issues you've posted about in other threads i'd be super cautious about their usage. better solutions, in my opinion, would be herbal adaptogens.

Is this where I throw out my lofty endorsement of rhodiola rosea (standardized to 3%/1%)?

Eden
01-16-2013, 06:47 PM
What do I use for energy? Sleep.

I don't really like stimulants because they just kinda shift my energy, if I take a stimulant then it's just as if later it gets the energy back so I don't really see the point I guess.

nate3993
01-16-2013, 10:07 PM

which do u suggest?

That's odd then..... I hardly drink caffine so a pre w/o stime gets me crazy. Assault had me out of my mind. It takes me months to go through a tub and I share it with people that come lift with me.
I would think with minimal usage you'd be a long term responder.

Do you take then on an empty stomach?

and yes i do

AresTS
01-18-2013, 12:26 AM
Green tea man... Just drink green tea. I sometimes triple and quadruple brew that shit lol

- Valdez

pman42
01-18-2013, 01:40 AM
which do u suggest?
Herbs, I find, are quite individual for people. I do really well on several different adaptogens like maca, siberian eleuthero, GOOD quality ginseng, gymnostema and astragalus. the latter 2 are not really too impressive on their own but I find they add to the effects of others. oh and certain tonic mushrooms are supposed to be adaptogens. I was told my a mycologist who studied the eastern european literature that THEY are the adaptogen stars of the east, not the other ones mentioned. but mushrooms are more subtle, and the average westerner may not even notice them.

I seem to be a rhodiola non-responder. maybe it's because i've yet to try a proper extraction one-- I've read that there are differing schools of thoughts on which are the 'active' components. anyway the others work so well for me that i never put too much research into it but maybe one day i will buy a primo rhodiola extract and try it out.

markam
01-18-2013, 02:32 AM
Herbs, I find, are quite individual for people. I do really well on several different adaptogens like maca, siberian eleuthero, GOOD quality ginseng, gymnostema and astragalus. the latter 2 are not really too impressive on their own but I find they add to the effects of others. oh and certain tonic mushrooms are supposed to be adaptogens. I was told my a mycologist who studied the eastern european literature that THEY are the adaptogen stars of the east, not the other ones mentioned. but mushrooms are more subtle, and the average westerner may not even notice them.

I seem to be a rhodiola non-responder. maybe it's because i've yet to try a proper extraction one-- I've read that there are differing schools of thoughts on which are the 'active' components. anyway the others work so well for me that i never put too much research into it but maybe one day i will buy a primo rhodiola extract and try it out.

You do need to take Rhodiola on a empty stomach and it needs to build up in your system for a week or so for maximum effect.

Rodja
01-18-2013, 09:20 AM
Acute Rhodiola rosea intake can... [Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15256690)
The Effects of an Acute Dose of Rhodiola... [J Strength Cond Res. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=22643145)

Scope75
01-18-2013, 10:35 AM
Acute Rhodiola rosea intake can... [Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15256690)
The Effects of an Acute Dose of Rhodiola... [J Strength Cond Res. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=22643145)

Where do you pick yours up at??
I'd like pick up some and try it out for myself.

Rodja
01-18-2013, 10:40 AM
Where do you pick yours up at??
I'd like pick up some and try it out for myself.

Amazon.com: NOW Foods Rhodiola Rhodiola Rosea, 60 Capsules / 500mg (Pack of 2): Health & Personal Care (http://www.amazon.com/Foods-Rhodiola-Rosea-Capsules-500mg/dp/B001GAOHHA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358527201&sr=8-1&keywords=now+rhodiola)

Scope75
01-18-2013, 11:00 AM
Thanks
I'll get some coming today.

markam
01-18-2013, 11:58 AM
There's a supplement from Genomyx that contains Rhodiola at a good dosage and TMG (Trimethylglycine, also known as betaine)
Might be of interest. I think that the individual cost of a months supply of Rhodiola and Betaine would cost more, anyway. Betaine looks quite interesting, what do you guys think?

Genomyx Origin

Citrulline - 3g
TMG - 3g
Rhodiola Rosea - 500mg
Theanine - 200mg
Dicaffiene Malate - 200mg
Synephrine - 20mg

Trimethylglycine Overview:

Increase GH, IGF-1 response to training
Reduce cortisol response to training
Improve body composition
Improve power output and quality of exercise

Trimethylglycine, also known as betaine, is a substance that the body naturally produces. It helps break down homocysteine, an amino acid produced by the body, which in excess leads to cardiovascular problems. The body normally can produce adequate amounts of trimethylglycine on its own and does not need to get it from foods or supplements. Some foods such as seeds, grains, and meat, contain trimethylglycine, but cooking and food processing often destroy it. Trimethylglycine may be used to treat people with high levels of homocysteine, but it may have harmful effects on cholesterol. The forms commonly used as trimethlyglycine supplements are betaine citrate and betaine aspartate.

Read more: Trimethylglycine & Autism | LIVESTRONG.COM (http://www.livestrong.com/article/527541-trimethylglycine-autism/#ixzz2ILqQVzcI)

Rodja
01-18-2013, 12:12 PM
I suspect that the rhodiola is whole herb and not standardized. Betaine has gotten a ton of press recently (I know someone who did their dissertation on it as well) and is one of the hot supplements. IIRC, citrulline is not worth its salt unless bound to a malate.

markam
01-18-2013, 12:47 PM
I suspect that the rhodiola is whole herb and not standardized. Betaine has gotten a ton of press recently (I know someone who did their dissertation on it as well) and is one of the hot supplements. IIRC, citrulline is not worth its salt unless bound to a malate.

Good points. I've found previously that Genomyx are one of the better companies, and it's good that they're not hiding behind proprietary blends. But whether the Rhodiola is standardised or not, I don't know. I'll email them when I get some time. I have tried 'Origin', and liked it. Quite different from many other pre workouts and I like the fact that it doesn't contain creatine.

Rodja
01-18-2013, 12:48 PM
Good points. I've found previously that Genomyx are one of the better companies, and it's good that they're not hiding behind proprietary blends. But whether the Rhodiola is standardised or not, I don't know. I'll email them when I get some time. I have tried 'Origin', and liked it. Quite different from many other pre workouts and I like the fact that it doesn't contain creatine.

They had a solid formula maker, but he left the company months ago and they haven't done much since then.

markam
01-18-2013, 01:23 PM
I think this is the company he then joined or started: Southland Performance Products - Home (http://www.southlandperformanceproducts.com/index.html)

Apparently they will be bringing out a DCP v2 and they have a GDA; Slintensity that isn't on the website. Slintensity was formulated by the same person who formulated Slin-Sane; I guess that's the guy you're referring to.

Rodja
01-18-2013, 01:38 PM
I think this is the company he then joined or started: Southland Performance Products - Home (http://www.southlandperformanceproducts.com/index.html)

Apparently they will be bringing out a DCP v2 and they have a GDA; Slintensity that isn't on the website. Slintensity was formulated by the same person who formulated Slin-Sane; I guess that's the guy you're referring to.

Matt Pearson, who has been with numerous companies including Avant Labs, Scivation, RPN (founder), etc., was their main formulator and they parted last year.

nate3993
01-18-2013, 02:22 PM
how much Rhodiola Rosea do you take? maca did something to my libido. did nothing for energy though