PDA

View Full Version : My Osta RX log

Jack O'Neill
01-21-2013, 12:22 AM
My Androlean/Androhard cycle is finished and to wait for the next cycle (Trenazone/Androhard), I'd like to do a bridge cycle with Ostarine.
I didn't yet receive Osta from our sponsor here. So I will do this bridge cycle with two bottles of Osta RX (Ironmag labs) which were on shelves.

My ultimate goal in this cycle is to loose fat (the most I can) in keeping muscle and strength. Last time I wanted to cut I lost a lot of strength.

To do that, my diet will be based onto keto diet (Carbnite solution from Kiefer which is about a keto diet with a carb refeed one day per week) and workouts will be based on a 3x10 reps process on all exercices.
I know that Osta start to kick after 2 weeks so I will keep carbs on the 1st and 2nd week but I will decrease calorical amount near maintenance. From the 3rd week, I will start keto diet with two or more refeed per month depending of my feeling.

Dosage will be 20mg/day in 3 caps (at wake up, at lunch and at dinner).

I Don't know how many time I will last this cycle but I would say between 4 and 8 weeks (certainly 6 weeks. I will adapt in function)

Starting infos :
Weight : 207.5lbs (94.3kg)
Waist : 35.7' (90.5cm)
BF : around 16% (calculated with YMCA method + 1% - Good solution for me)

I will log weight and BF of course but I will log all my feelings (positive and negative effects) for this cycle in being the most accurate as possible. Will log all my workouts and cardio sessions too.
Concerning cardio, I won't start at the beginning 'cause I do 2 or 3 karate sessions per week (2h each) and it's very hard.

Concerning diet :
Based for the moment on Carb Back Loading protocol :
Workout day (2500kCal) / around maintenance
Prots : 190g
Carbs : 200g
Fat : 95g

Non workout day (2300kCal) / -10% of maintenance
Prots : 190g
Carbs : 0
Fat : 160g

Picture from this morning :

burlyman30
01-21-2013, 12:57 AM
Just for your information, ostarine has a 24 hour half-life, so even if you take it once daily, you can keep blood levels very steady. There's certainly no issue with you taking it 3 times a day, but if you decide 2x a day is more convenient, it certainly won't hurt the effectiveness.

Jack O'Neill
01-21-2013, 02:51 AM
Just for your information, ostarine has a 24 hour half-life, so even if you take it once daily, you can keep blood levels very steady. There's certainly no issue with you taking it 3 times a day, but if you decide 2x a day is more convenient, it certainly won't hurt the effectiveness.

Agree with you burlyman. I just wanted to follow supplier advice. I will see later

xxiv
01-21-2013, 08:41 AM
I have been day dreaming about Ostarine since I started reading up on it a few weeks ago. We are pretty close in stats, goals and cycle plans so this is very interesting.

When did al/ah end and when do you plan on starting trenazone/ah?

Jack O'Neill
01-21-2013, 09:00 AM
I have been day dreaming about Ostarine since I started reading up on it a few weeks ago. We are pretty close in stats, goals and cycle plans so this is very interesting.

When did al/ah end and when do you plan on starting trenazone/ah?

Ad/Al ended yesterday so I start osta today.
Trenazone/AH is planned for the end of April (recomp cycle)

xxiv
01-21-2013, 10:21 AM
Ad/Al ended yesterday so I start osta today.
Trenazone/AH is planned for the end of April (recomp cycle)

Sounds like one hell of a winter.

Jack O'Neill
01-21-2013, 10:37 AM
Sounds like one hell of a winter.

:cool:

AZMIDLYF
01-21-2013, 04:04 PM
I just took all mine with breakfast. I also found my sweet spot at 5 caps in the final week of my run. I really felt a difference when that dose was used.

Scope75
01-21-2013, 07:33 PM
I'm in for this one!!

Jack O'Neill
01-22-2013, 01:04 AM
I just took all mine with breakfast. I also found my sweet spot at 5 caps in the final week of my run. I really felt a difference when that dose was used.

Did you used Osta RX too? 5 caps is about 35mg/day.

This morning I took the 3 caps in the same time.

Finally I prefer Osta in caps rather in liquid. No taste, no syring and very quickly swallowed

xxiv
01-25-2013, 10:00 AM
I know it's early in the run but any effects yet?

Jack O'Neill
01-25-2013, 10:24 AM
I know it's early in the run but any effects yet?

Yeah a bit early indeed.

For the moment no effects on workouts.

Just a slight headaches sometimes during the day. I'm sure it's osta' cause I never have headaches normally

Will do a summary on next monday

Jack O'Neill
01-28-2013, 12:48 AM
Week 1/8

Data this morning
Weight : 203.9lbs (-4.4lbs from start)
Waist : 35.3' (-0.4' from start)
Estimated BF% : 15.6% (-0.4% from start)

Effects
Negative sides : heavy headache all the day yesterday. Hard to workout with it ! Slight headaches all over the week. This is new for me 'cause I never have headaches. Sure it's due to Osta
Positive effects : nothing

Comments
Nothing to say for the moment. I know Osta is kicking from end of week 2. Last workouts have been fine but I didn't feel any differences in term of strength

Diet
Carb Back Loading : 50%/50% prots/fats on non workout days, 50/50 prots/fats until the end of workout, and then slam the carbs after ;)

On non workout days :
Prots : 170g
Fats : 150g
Carbs : 8g

On workout days :
Prots : 195g
Fats : 123g
Carbs : ~200g

What's planned for the next week
I will go on with CBL diet. If my weight doesn't decrease, I will switch to CNS protocol (keto diet).
So, no changes are planned for the next week

Body evolution graph

Workout infos

h2s
01-28-2013, 02:52 AM
If headaches seem out of the ordinary, check blood pressure.

burlyman30
01-28-2013, 02:58 AM
Have you ever had headaches before when dropping calories for a cut?

Jack O'Neill
01-28-2013, 04:48 AM
Have you ever had headaches before when dropping calories for a cut?

I didn't actually remember.

Jack O'Neill
01-28-2013, 04:48 AM

I will see the doc if the problem persists

markam
01-28-2013, 04:56 AM

You need to invest in a blood pressure monitor. They're not that expensive, and are essential, imo. Maybe also consider lowering the Osta dosage.

burlyman30
01-28-2013, 04:59 AM
I didn't actually remember.

Can't remember anything while in ketosis. lol.

Jack O'Neill
01-28-2013, 07:23 AM
You need to invest in a blood pressure monitor. They're not that expensive, and are essential, imo. Maybe also consider lowering the Osta dosage.

Good idea ! I just bought one ;)

Jack O'Neill
01-28-2013, 07:52 AM
Macro changes for current week (and probably next weeks)

On workout days (monday, wednesday, friday and sunday)

Proteins : 182g / 0.9g/lbs
Carbs : 212g / 1g/lbs
Fats : 93g / 0.5g/lbs
Total kCal : 2410kCal (~ maintenance)

On non workout days (tuesday, thursday and saturday)

Proteins : 180/ 0.9g/lbs
Carbs : 8g / 0g/lbs
Fats : 180g / 0.9g/lbs

Jack O'Neill
01-30-2013, 12:29 PM

Received a blood pressure monitor and tried.
14/9. A bit too high!

However I don't have headaches since monday. Better!

Jack O'Neill
02-04-2013, 03:30 AM
Week 2/8

Data this morning
Weight : 205lbs (-2.5lbs from start, +1.1lbs from last monday)
Waist : 35.1' (-0.6' from start, -0'2 from last monday)
Estimated BF% : 15.1% (-0.9% from start)

Effects
Negative sides : slight headaches but less that the previous week.
Positive effects : best recup and cardio more efficient.

Comments
Few effects for the moment. I feel that I'm better during cardio than previous weeks. I will see in the next weeks.
No more strength but I keep all perfs I reached during cycle.
Big good point : my waist has shrunk and my weight upped ! A very good recomp. That's what I exepct from Osta and this is what Osta gives me today :-) I hope it will go on with this direction

Just a comment about my blood pressure. I bought a blood pressure monitor (thanks for the idea markam :cool:) and my first data was 14/10 (too high according to the doc). I immediately stopped cafeine (I was taking 200mg on the morning, 200mg at lunch and 200 to 400mg pre-workout). Now, my blood pressure is about 13/8 (it's better but I'm usually with 12/8).
It may comes (maybe) from animal fats (carb back loading diet). I will see in the next weeks

Diet
Carb Back Loading : 50%/50% prots/fats on non workout days, 50/50 prots/fats until the end of workout, and then slam the carbs after ;)

Carbs : 212g / 1g/lbs

No changes planned. I always keep carbs after workout

Body evolution graph

Workout infos

markam
02-04-2013, 03:43 AM
Received a blood pressure monitor and tried.
14/9. A bit too high!

However I don't have headaches since monday. Better!

You do need to be consistant with a blood pressure monitor, i.e. use it at the same time of day, probably best not straight after exercising or eating.

Someone here mentioned hibicus tea is very good at lowering blood pressure. Perhaps you could try it and see if it makes a difference. Hibicus tea is one of the very few herbal teas that actually tastes good, (well to me, anyway).

Jack O'Neill
02-04-2013, 05:24 AM
You do need to be consistant with a blood pressure monitor, i.e. use it at the same time of day, probably best not straight after exercising or eating

it's what I do. Always at the the same time : on wake up

Sperwer
02-04-2013, 07:16 AM
it's what I do. Always at the the same time : on wake up

Is that the best time? Isn't the blood a little thick first thing in the morning? May not matter much if you are consistent with the timing, as long as you are within "normal" parameters, but might give you a higher than daily average reading? I take mine everyday 15 minutes before retiring, after having spent at least 30 minutes in quiet time - no tv or other noisy distractions, low light, etc. Usually works pretty good, unless she who must be obeyed has signaled that I'm getting lucky later. :rolleyes:

markam
02-04-2013, 09:43 AM
Is that the best time? Isn't the blood a little thick first thing in the morning? May not matter much if you are consistent with the timing, as long as you are within "normal" parameters, but might give you a higher than daily average reading? I take mine everyday 15 minutes before retiring, after having spent at least 30 minutes in quiet time - no tv or other noisy distractions, low light, etc. Usually works pretty good, unless she who must be obeyed has signaled that I'm getting lucky later. :rolleyes:

^^^^^Good advice.

Jack O'Neill
02-11-2013, 12:07 AM
Week 3/8

Data this morning
Weight : 204.4lbs (-3.1lbs from start, -0.6lbs from last monday)
Waist : 34.9' (-0.8' from start, -0'2 from last monday)
Estimated BF% : 14.7% (-1.3% from start)

Effects
Negative sides : very slight headaches. just on few days

Comments
I keep my last feelings. Very good recomp effects.
I don't know if it comes from Osta or diet. I would say that it comes from the two together !

I think I could increase fat loss if I didn't eat few garbage foods :D but for the moment it's too good to eat that.
Carbs come from bread in majority, it remains 50-80g of carbs from turnovers, doughnuts or bun.

Too hard to do legs workout on sunday. Karate is killing my legs and I don't want to add more stress on legs! If osta gives me more effect, I will do this workout. For the moment I don't want.

No more strength as usual in workouts.

The only effect I see with Osta is body recomp (but it's a real good thing for me :)

Diet

Carbs : 212g / 1g/lbs (up to 250g)

Body evolution graph

Workout infos

Jack O'Neill
02-18-2013, 01:24 AM
Week 4/8

Data this morning
Weight : 202.4lbs (-4.9lbs from start, -2.2lbs from last monday)
Waist : 34.7' (-1' from start, -0'2 from last monday)
Estimated BF% : 14.5% (-1.5% from start)

Effects
Negative sides : Nothing

Comments
Osta kick is not still here.... Strength is always increasing but just normally, as usual without any gears.
Good point : waist is decreasing, but body weight downed this week.

Diet

Carbs : 212g / 1g/lbs (up to 250g)

Body evolution graph

Workout infos

Jack O'Neill
02-20-2013, 02:47 AM
Bad chest workout on monday :-(
Two times I try to reach 3x10x222lbs but impossible to beat 10/10/8 !!
Osta doesn't give me what I expected as far as strength is concerned

burlyman30
02-20-2013, 03:33 AM
Bad chest workout on monday :-(
Two times I try to reach 3x10x222lbs but impossible to beat 10/10/8 !!
Osta doesn't give me what I expected as far as strength is concerned

S4 is by far the winner when it comes to strength. And in leaning out/hardness, also. Unfortunately it also comes with the vision side effects.

Keep in mind that you are asking a lot of a mild anabolic agent when you are both reducing calories and expecting simultaneous improvements in muscle size and strength. The two goals oppose each other.

Jack O'Neill
02-20-2013, 05:09 AM
S4 is by far the winner when it comes to strength. And in leaning out/hardness, also. Unfortunately it also comes with the vision side effects.

Keep in mind that you are asking a lot of a mild anabolic agent when you are both reducing calories and expecting simultaneous improvements in muscle size and strength. The two goals oppose each other.

Yes indeed Burly. I'm very happy of the recomp effect of osta on the previous weeks.

I just wanted to say that I expected another thing of osta. I thought that osta could give me more strength. But in beeing under maintenance this is quite normal.

I keep in mind what you said

burlyman30
02-20-2013, 05:21 AM
Yes indeed Burly. I'm very happy of the recomp effect of osta on the previous weeks.

I just wanted to say that I expected another thing of osta. I thought that osta could give me more strength. But in beeing under maintenance this is quite normal.

I keep in mind what you said

To be honest, I don't remember getting much strength from osta when at or even a little above maintenance calories. I mostly noticed a greater fullness of the muscle bellies. Possibly a bit more endurance and better pumps in the gym. Maybe slightly better recovery after the workout. It's good at what it does do, but it just doesn't do everything we might want it to.

Scope75
02-20-2013, 08:04 AM
To be honest, I don't remember getting much strength from osta when at or even a little above maintenance calories. I mostly noticed a greater fullness of the muscle bellies. Possibly a bit more endurance and better pumps in the gym. Maybe slightly better recovery after the workout. It's good at what it does do, but it just doesn't do everything we might want it to.
What you listed is what I'm after with osta.
I have 12.5mg paired with 8caps AM so I'm thinking that combo should be a pretty good on and I'm on CNS taking in more cals than needed and I'm still dropping BF and adding muscles mass. Recomp baby!!!!

Jack O'Neill
03-05-2013, 02:35 AM
Week 6/8

No update since 2 weeks because there has been no evolution.

My weight and my BF are still the same.

I will finish my cycle in 2 weeks anyway. Even if there is no more changes I can say now I'm very happy of the recomp effect.

However Osta is not maybe the only responsible of this effect. Diet is very functional.

Once cycle is finished I will see if the diet alone is as fine for the body recomp effect

Jack O'Neill
03-18-2013, 12:01 AM
Week 8/8

End of cycle :)

Data this morning
Weight : 202.4lbs (-4.9lbs from start)
Waist : 34.3' (-1.4' from start)
Estimated BF% : 13.7% (-2.3% from start)

Effects for all the cycle
Negative sides : hard headaches during the 10 first days, then light headaches for 2 weeks, then nothing at all after

Comments
No comments about strength because I didn't feel anything about it but as Burly said, I expected too many positive effects of this cycle though I was about maintenance.
The main aim is reached for me : recomp !
I lost 2,3% of bodyfat and only 5lbs during 8 weeks. I'm very happy about it.

But I don't know if this comes from Osta or from the diet ??? I will post here in one month to log my stats concerning weight, BF, recup and cardio (the 4 main things I found increased)

Now I will do a mini-PCT with DAA and natty test booster. Didn't feel any negative effects concerning libido and I'm not abnormaly tired even if it's hard to do 4 workouts + 2 karate session / week.
I'm nearly 44 and I must sleep longer than before to recup better.

Diet for the 4 last weeks

Proteins : 185g / 0.9g/lbs
Carbs : 200-330g (330g after legs and back workout)
Total kCal : 2400-3000kCal (~ maintenance up to +25%)

Proteins : 150g/ 0.9g/lbs
Fats : 150g / 0.9g/lbs
Total kCal : 2060kCal (-19% maintenance)

Body evolution graph