PDA

View Full Version : USP Vera-1

Macdon1588
01-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Just got this in, the primary ingredient is aegeline which I researched. It appears that it reduces fertility (boo). Can you more science based guys google it and tell me you're thoughts?

Scope75
01-22-2013, 06:00 PM
I Don't follow these supps so what's this one suppose to do??

Rulk
01-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Just got this in, the primary ingredient is aegeline which I researched. It appears that it reduces fertility (boo). Can you more science based guys google it and tell me you're thoughts? Shit that's scary.

I Don't follow these supps so what's this one suppose to do?? Same thing that the last one ( Compound 20 ) did. A almost cureall for the everyday lifter. It'll do anything that you are trying to accomplish- getting leaner while maintaining muscles, getting stronger and leaner while getting bigger..

I like usp labs supps, they do work, but they over-exaggerate ( go figure ) immensly the benefits of their products. They get everyone hyped up on their inner circle releases and "Beta Testing". It seems like every logger trys to outdo the other testimonials and past inner circle releases. A very much placebo effect taking place. The marketing is genius though and they are making cheddar like no other.

Oh, and I have fallen for the hype before too and become part of the machine as well. Some stuff I would like to have if I was sponsored, no doubt, but for the money and results- steroids are where it's at.

Cobalt
01-22-2013, 06:34 PM
It's VERSA-1, btw.

I have a couple bottles on the way.
I used to be big with USP Labs team before I found PP... funny that someone with USP pointed me toward PP in the first place.

Any how, they do hype up their products, but some to deliver. The best stuff that I've used that isn't hormonal came from USP. They are way too pricey, so it's a toss up on what you want.

I do swear by Jack3d (micro) and PowerFULL, fantastic stuff.

It'll be a while before I use the Versa-1, but I'll weigh in my 2 cents when I do get around to it.

EDIT:

The nutritional info states that the compound is:
N-[2-Hydroxy-2(4-Methoxyphenyl) Ethyl]-3-Phenyl-2-propenamide, Cytidine 5’-diphoscholine, or aegeline as stated above.
(USPLabs Versa-1 (30 Capsules): Discount Versa-1 Supplements (http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/usplabs/versa-1-30-capsules.html))

I'm curious what study you found that said it reduced fertility?

machdaddy
01-22-2013, 06:59 PM
^^^ I have the inner circle release right now. Like cobalt it won't be used for a while but most of USP stuff works. Just not like 30 days = 30 lbs of lean muscle.

Rulk
01-22-2013, 07:39 PM
Lemme me know how it goes guys, I am sure you will give it a fair and unbiased review. As a fan of usp labs, I do want to try it, i'll admit that.

Macdon1588
01-22-2013, 08:29 PM
It's VERSA-1, btw.

I have a couple bottles on the way.
I used to be big with USP Labs team before I found PP... funny that someone with USP pointed me toward PP in the first place.

Any how, they do hype up their products, but some to deliver. The best stuff that I've used that isn't hormonal came from USP. They are way too pricey, so it's a toss up on what you want.

I do swear by Jack3d (micro) and PowerFULL, fantastic stuff.

It'll be a while before I use the Versa-1, but I'll weigh in my 2 cents when I do get around to it.

EDIT:

The nutritional info states that the compound is:
N-[2-Hydroxy-2(4-Methoxyphenyl) Ethyl]-3-Phenyl-2-propenamide, Cytidine 5’-diphoscholine, or aegeline as stated above.
(USPLabs Versa-1 (30 Capsules): Discount Versa-1 Supplements (http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/usplabs/versa-1-30-capsules.html))

I'm curious what study you found that said it reduced fertility?

I looked up the compound and it is also known as aegeline. It was just your standard google search and it was it was your typical rat study stuff. I could be way wrong and would love to be so if you can do so.

Scope75
01-22-2013, 08:30 PM
Shit that's scary.

Same thing that the last one ( Compound 20 ) did. A almost cureall for the everyday lifter. It'll do anything that you are trying to accomplish- getting leaner while maintaining muscles, getting stronger and leaner while getting bigger..

I like usp labs supps, they do work, but they over-exaggerate ( go figure ) immensly the benefits of their products. They get everyone hyped up on their inner circle releases and "Beta Testing". It seems like every logger trys to outdo the other testimonials and past inner circle releases. A very much placebo effect taking place. The marketing is genius though and they are making cheddar like no other.

Oh, and I have fallen for the hype before too and become part of the machine as well. Some stuff I would like to have if I was sponsored, no doubt, but for the money and results- steroids are where it's at.

Yeah that's what I figured.
There products do work but just not like they claim, and most probably comes from people training harder becaus they are taking a super supp from the lost hills of MARS. LOL

Rulk
01-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Found this:

High Tower Pharmacology: New "Anabolic:" Aegeline (http://hightowerpharmacology.blogspot.com/2013/01/new-anabolic-aegeline.html)

Pharmacology
In the murine model of diabetes, aegeline was shown to decrease blood sugar at a dose of 100 mg/kg. Converting this to HED based on BSA equals about 840 mg for a 70 kg adult human. At a human equivalent dose of about 420 mg, aegeline was demonstrated to decrease triglycerides, while improving cholesterol ratios in the murine model of dyslipdemia (1). The authors concluded, "The reasonable mapping of [aegeline] to validated pharmacophoric hypothesis and 3D QSAR model with an estimated activity (283 nM) suggest that [aegeline] might be a beta(3)-AR agonist." A follow-up study done in 2011 by the same researchers confirmed aegelines antihyperlipidemic & antihyperglycemic properties (2).

These results should not be surprising as octopamine has been known for years to possess these properties (3). In fact, octopamines beta(3)-agonism was clearly elucidated as far back as 1999 (4). Unfortunately, the beta(3)-adrenergic receptor is only weakly contributatory to lipolysis in humans, and octopamine was demonstrated to possess no capacity to induce lipolysis at all (4, 5). In beta(3) insensitive animals (humans), octopamine actually induces pro-adipogenic cascades through its production of hydrogen peroxide via intracellular deamination (3).

Summary
Aegeline may indeed possess inherent anabolism as a function of its ability to convert into an octopamine derivative. Indeed, para-methoxy-octopamine (Para-OMe-Octopamine) is one of octopamines metabolites via COMT in humans. Unfortunately, the anabolism that aegeline induces is likely restricted to adipocytes since humans are extremely insensitive to beta(3)-AR agonism.

In the studies in which aegeline demonstrated antihyperglycemic and antihyperlipidemic properties, the animals utilized were both murine which, as described above, are beta(3)-AR receptor sensitive. Furthermore, these animals were tested against specific disease pathologies to amplify their effects. It should go without saying that the results produced will probably not translate to humans.

References
(1) Antihyperglycemic and antidyslipidemic ... [Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17197179)
(2) Synthesis of novel N-(2-hydroxy-2-p-tol... [Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21930379)
(3) http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/299/1/96.long
(4) Selective activation of β3-adrenoceptors by octopamine: comparative studies in mammalian fat cells - Springer (http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FPL00005357?LI=true)
(5) No functional atypical beta-adrenergic receptors in... [Life Sci. 1994] - PubMed - NCBI (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8121236)

Found more:

High Tower Pharmacology (http://hightowerpharmacology.blogspot.com/)

Methoxyoctopamine: Structure & Activity

p-Methoxyoctopamine (Para-Methoxy-Octopamine, P-OMe-Octopamine) is an interesting compound formed after en vivo hydrolysis of various natural amides such as Aegeline and Tembamide.

Structure Activity Relationships (SAR)
According to the marketing advertisements related to both compounds, these compounds are purported to be potent beta-agonists, and therefore suitable for inducing fat loss, as well as promoting "focus," and endowing "CNS stimulation." There is no evidence for any of these claims, although there is decades of SAR research which would contradict these statements.

Beta-Agonism

As has been discussed in many previous articles, methylating the para position removes beta-1 and beta-2 adrenergic affinity. This is one of the ways the body "deactivates" catecholamines with the enzyme Catechol-O-Methyl-Transferase (COMT). Since methoxyoctopamine already possesses a para-methoxy substituent, it is already deactivated. Conversely, a para-methoxy substituent does not remove beta-3 agonism. In mice and other animals, this property may confer significant fat loss potential. Unfortunately, as I mentioned in the previous article, beta-3 agonism does not promote significant fat loss in humans.

CNS Stimulation

P-OMe-Octopamine also possesses a hydroxy (-OH) subsituent on the beta carbon. This substituent effectively eliminates significant CNS penetration, and therefore would remove "CNS stimulation" as a potential effect of the drug. Conversely, the para-methoxy substituent actually promotes BBB penetration, and therefore would allow CNS penetration in the absence of the beta-OH. Unfortunately, the effects of CNS penetration would only be negative (i.e. dysphoria) and so the lack of CNS penetration is probably a good thing (See Para-methoxyamphetamine).

Releasing

Since methoxyoctopamine is a primary phenylethylamine, it may still retain properties related to catecholamine releasement (See the Pharmacology of 1,3-DMAA). This effect may allow a transient dumping of synaptic norepinephrine which may manifest as symptoms of the adrenergic cascade (tachycardia, tachypnea, hypertension). In contrast to 1,3-DMAA which probably has significant BBB penetration, methoxyoctopamine would not produce the "positives" of catecholamine releasement such as true CNS stimulation, and focus. The effects produced by methoxyoctopamine would probably be similar to those produced by N-methyltyramine, albeit relatively weaker due to the para-methoxy substituent.

Summary
Para-Methoxy-Octopamine formed after en vivo hydrolysis of Aegeline and Tembamide.
The para-methoxy substituent removes beta-1 and beta-2 adrenergic receptor affinity, although still allowing for the possibility of beta-3 receptor affinity.
No ability to induce lipolysis (fat loss) in humans
The beta-OH removes substantial CNS penetration.
No ability to produce CNS stimulation.
May still retain catecholamine releasing potential, allowing for transient peripheral stimulation.
Much better alternatives exist.

ctAL
01-22-2013, 09:29 PM
interesting................

i will be keeping and eye on this.

O_RYAN_007
01-22-2013, 09:38 PM
PEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

ctAL
01-22-2013, 09:39 PM
weird

why is this like no where on USPs very own website?? just pre sales on a few supplement websites?

Cobalt
01-23-2013, 06:38 AM
weird

why is this like no where on USPs very own website?? just pre sales on a few supplement websites?

Their forums has a section dedicated to Versa-1.

h2s
01-23-2013, 07:24 AM
Yawn... USP products would need a decent amount of feedback for me to be interested.

markam
01-23-2013, 07:50 AM
Yawn... USP products would need a decent amount of feedback for me to be interested.

Yep, but I have to say that their GDA product 'Anabolic pump' was the best of it's type until Southland Performance came along with Slintensity (about half the price, as well).

The Cissus is very good, but I prefer the SNS version. (Lower % extract; better for joint health).

'Powerful' is said to boost GH, but all I know is that you get incredible sleep from it.

ctAL
01-23-2013, 08:19 AM

basically so ill keep an eye out.

i didnt even liked jacked when it first came out an was all the rave, just made me sweat like crazy.

only other product ive used from them was super cissus, and that was legit.

Avl
01-23-2013, 08:59 AM
usp labs..man, i really liked Prime at 6/9 dose..in fact, dermacrine, testopro, prime was a really solid stack. after the whole pink magic line of bs, i dont really go for usp anymore..if the price of Prime came down, id use it with dermacrine again, no problem.

Cobalt
01-23-2013, 12:27 PM
I did an 8 week run of Prime, Anabolic Pump, and PowerFULL. It was hands down the best non-hormonal cycle I've ever done.

Pink Magic did well to me, but for the price, it wasn't worth it. I love Yolk3d and I have a couple bottles sealed up that I snagged when they were on sale locally.

The only complaint that I've had with USP Labs was in their early years when Jack3d was first introduced, it seemed like I had a couple bunk tubs of Jack3d. I wouldn't even get the face-tingling effects of the beta alanine. I was able to just swap it out for a new tub where I bought it, so it was just an annoyance.

markam
01-23-2013, 12:41 PM
I did an 8 week run of Prime, Anabolic Pump, and PowerFULL. It was hands down the best non-hormonal cycle I've ever done.

Pink Magic did well to me, but for the price, it wasn't worth it. I love Yolk3d and I have a couple bottles sealed up that I snagged when they were on sale locally.

The only complaint that I've had with USP Labs was in their early years when Jack3d was first introduced, it seemed like I had a couple bunk tubs of Jack3d. I wouldn't even get the face-tingling effects of the beta alanine. I was able to just swap it out for a new tub where I bought it, so it was just an annoyance.

Curious on what effects you got from Prime.

Avl
01-23-2013, 02:11 PM

for me, i got size AND strength- i was fuller. i had a lot of dermacrine experience in the past, so im calling it Prime. i had 3 bottles of it and ran it high, at 6/9 per day.

I gained a few lbs, dropped some fat, and as i said, i was fuller. i was repping the hammer strength behind the neck press for 4 plates a side for 5-7 reps. 3 plates was normal for me at that time..it was a subtle change but my lifting partners noticed as well.

Cobalt
01-23-2013, 03:57 PM

Just like Antknee said, size and strength. I felt... swole, lol.

I don't have any specifics like weight gained or how many more pounds I could pull. I just know it worked out really well.

Rulk
01-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Prime works well for me when running it over 10 caps a day. Strength, endurance and muscle fullness increase very well. Again, i'll go back to the pricing issue. If it wasn't so damn expensive, it would be worth it and I would use it more.

markam
01-23-2013, 06:30 PM
for me, i got size AND strength- i was fuller. i had a lot of dermacrine experience in the past, so im calling it Prime. i had 3 bottles of it and ran it high, at 6/9 per day.

I gained a few lbs, dropped some fat, and as i said, i was fuller. i was repping the hammer strength behind the neck press for 4 plates a side for 5-7 reps. 3 plates was normal for me at that time..it was a subtle change but my lifting partners noticed as well.

Just like Antknee said, size and strength. I felt... swole, lol.

I don't have any specifics like weight gained or how many more pounds I could pull. I just know it worked out really well.

Prime works well for me when running it over 10 caps a day. Strength, endurance and muscle fullness increase very well. Again, i'll go back to the pricing issue. If it wasn't so damn expensive, it would be worth it and I would use it more.

Sounds interesting for use in PCT. Does it compare at all to PP's phytotestosterone or Anabeta? I imagine it's different, but they're both pretty good non hormonal products. Jeez, I just saw the price!!!! That shit had better be a lot better than Phyto.

That's just too rich for me. It's £42 in the UK ($66.5)

Cobalt
01-23-2013, 06:37 PM
Sounds interesting for use in PCT. Does it compare at all to PP's phytotestosterone or Anabeta? I imagine it's different, but they're both pretty good non hormonal products. Jeez, I just saw the price!!!! That shit had better be a lot better than Phyto.

I'd assume it would be good for use in PCT (obviously not to restart natty test production).
Its around $50-$60 in stores around here, you can pick it up cheaper if you get lucky. NutraPlanet has it for $40.

I kinda want to try the Versa-1 in my PCT, but its a few months out, so I'll have a chance to see what others think of it.

Rulk
01-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Prime is good to keep strength you gained from your cycle. I would either use it pct, for that purpose, or inbetween cycles just because.

PP's Phytotest is best used in pct for recovery ( getting back to normal ), but it doesnt really do a lot for strength and recovery imo. Combined with TCF-1 makes a better stack.

Anabeta makes you hungry, thirsty and the muscles seem to "suck up" the nutrients much better. Strength and recovery aspects of Anabeta are ok.

Out of all 3, Prime is my favorite.

Jorsn
01-23-2013, 11:04 PM
It's so fucking pathetic how every other post on Anabolic Minds is about these over priced/over rated supplements. "Can I stack versa with bcaa's?", "Will I die if I stack anabeta and versa?", "will I get too big if I stack prime and versa?", "Usp reps will you please take all of my money and sell me more hype?".... I hope that swole forum doesn't turn into that kind of forum.

Rulk
01-23-2013, 11:09 PM
It's so fucking pathetic how every other post on Anabolic Minds is about these over priced/over rated supplements. "Can I stack versa with bcaa's?", "Will I die if I stack anabeta and versa?", "will I get too big if I stack prime and versa?", "Usp reps will you please take all of my money and sell me more hype?".... I hope that swole forum doesn't turn into that kind of forum.

Check my posts on supps and I don't think we will. I used to be one of the biggest usp labs cheerleaders too. I think this forum's members are more into ph's and aas and peps vs. natty supps.

Scope75
01-23-2013, 11:10 PM
Anabeta is a good supp..
Have a few bottles and I'll use them in PCT.

Scope75
01-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Check my posts on supps and I don't think we will. I used to be one of the biggest usp labs cheerleaders too. I think this forum's members are more into ph's and aas and peps vs. natty supps.

Yeah not much talk about these type of supps around here and I like that. Lol
Other than PCT I don't see much use for the natty/herb type of products.
To much money not enough gains or any gains.

h2s
01-23-2013, 11:29 PM

This forum is pretty beyond that stage of lifting, even down to the staff I choose. I agree it would be nice to keep it there.

BBG
01-24-2013, 02:24 AM
I think with peptides, research chems, slin, gh, prohormones, hormones, LOTS OF FOOD, LOTS OF REST, LOTS OF WEIGHT...

Can't really be too concerned with this kind of thing.

I mostly use supplements for health and cognitive functioning. A certain sexy ass company I happen to really dig carries these :)

ctAL
01-24-2013, 09:07 AM
Their forums has a section dedicated to Versa-1.

i see it now.

wow the reviews ive browsed so far are ridic, guys are actin like they are on a damn PH.

ctAL
01-24-2013, 09:12 AM

lol its so gotdamn true.

Avl
01-24-2013, 03:01 PM

i think adding Prime and Anabeta to a PCT would be good...i liked both with dermacrine, i know you wouldnt want derma in a pct. i got the Prime on a very good 'buy 2 get 1 free ' at an online retailer. ive never bought it a full price, too much dinero. i DO think they sell the bulk prime on AM though.

phyto test never really did much for me and it was a bit overpriced too..id like to give the updated anabeta a try this spring.

markam
01-24-2013, 03:34 PM
i think adding Prime and Anabeta to a PCT would be good...i liked both with dermacrine, i know you wouldnt want derma in a pct. i got the Prime on a very good 'buy 2 get 1 free ' at an online retailer. ive never bought it a full price, too much dinero. i DO think they sell the bulk prime on AM though.

phyto test never really did much for me and it was a bit overpriced too..id like to give the updated anabeta a try this spring.

I've just finished four weeks of Anabeta Elite and I will stick with the original Anabeta in the future as the elite version gave me the shits. Probably the forslean is the problem.

Avl
01-24-2013, 03:47 PM
cool, good to know..i liked the original just fine..

Scope75
01-24-2013, 04:07 PM
I've just finished four weeks of Anabeta Elite and I will stick with the original Anabeta in the future as the elite version gave me the shits. Probably the forslean is the problem.

The shits just help you cut weight.. Lol

O_RYAN_007
01-24-2013, 09:27 PM
i see it now.

wow the reviews ive browsed so far are ridic, guys are actin like they are on a damn PH.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Macdon1588
01-24-2013, 09:35 PM
Ya, I read the reviews and honestly, I bought it for the nootropic effects because I'm a rather advanced stim junky so when it says it can enhance my pre workout I was sold.

Cobalt
01-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Ya, I read the reviews and honestly, I bought it for the nootropic effects because I'm a rather advanced stim junky so when it says it can enhance my pre workout I was sold.

X2

markam
01-25-2013, 02:35 AM

Have you checked out LGI Noopept? I think it's the same as Antaeus Demiurge, just cheaper.

h2s
01-25-2013, 07:34 AM
Have you checked out LGI Noopept? I think it's the same as Antaeus Demiurge, just cheaper.

I have nothing against LGI, I know some guys have loved their products. I just hate to see a company that plays mimic the market instead of innovating.

markam
01-25-2013, 08:02 AM
I have nothing against LGI, I know some guys have loved their products. I just hate to see a company that plays mimic the market instead of innovating.

Maybe you're referring to the company as a whole, rather than Noopept. Noopept been around quite a while, notably in Russia long before Antaeus brought out Demiurge.

Edit. You were referring to the company as a whole. I need to read slower or get glasses, or probably both.

ctAL
01-31-2013, 10:27 PM
Versa-1 What makes it anabolic? - VERSA-1 Muscle | Mind Breakthrough - USPlabs Direct (http://usplabsdirect.com/forum/topic/12577-versa-1-what-makes-it-anabolic/)

lol

Cobalt
02-01-2013, 06:13 AM
So much raaaaage.

h2s
02-01-2013, 07:38 AM
Versa-1 What makes it anabolic? - VERSA-1 Muscle | Mind Breakthrough - USPlabs Direct (http://usplabsdirect.com/forum/topic/12577-versa-1-what-makes-it-anabolic/)

lol

Someone invite that guy here, lol.

Rulk
02-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Golf clap for mr. tecno...

This kind of stuff reminds me when the Androseries was being released and we had to defend it for months. Although that was different, I like mr. tecno's argument and i'd like to see how usp responds. Just for the hell of it, I would like to try versa-1 and see what happens.

nate3993
02-01-2013, 08:12 PM
look guys... it's in the write up. lol

Rulk
02-17-2013, 01:37 AM
Well, picked up a bottle of versa and I will give it a try. Of course i'll keep you guys informed with the run.

Cobalt
02-17-2013, 07:19 AM
Well, picked up a bottle of versa and I will give it a try. Of course i'll keep you guys informed with the run.

Any idea on how soon you'll start it?
I'm curious to see how quickly it'll kick in.

Grape Ape
02-17-2013, 07:53 AM
I'm not very impressed by it.

Macdon1588
02-17-2013, 09:35 AM
I'm not very impressed by it.

You mean that you didn't gain ten pounds of pure mass the second it hit your lips?;-)

ctAL
02-17-2013, 09:53 AM

Thanks NOA.........I decided to try patrick arnolds pump spray over this usp versa-1 product. Ill be keeping the forum updated an will be looking forward to your update on this product also.

Cobalt
02-17-2013, 11:54 AM
I've got 2 bottles that I'll be running when I start PCT, but that is a good month away.

Rulk
02-18-2013, 08:37 PM
Any idea on how soon you'll start it?
I'm curious to see how quickly it'll kick in.
Was going to start saturday, but didn't. Maybe tomorrow.

Thanks NOA.........I decided to try patrick arnolds pump spray over this usp versa-1 product. Ill be keeping the forum updated an will be looking forward to your update on this product also. Np my friend.

Rulk
02-20-2013, 04:20 AM
Tried it tonight for the first time. Don't think I noticed anything, but I do feel at ease, or relaxed right now. I'm posting over at AM for feedback from the reps, on how to maximize this run.

Rulk
02-22-2013, 04:54 AM
Not sure yet guys, but I think usp labs might have something here. Pretty good workout tonight, and I felt some things I normally don't see. Honestly, I wish I had been lifting regulalry for at least 2 months before starting this, as I can't tell if it's things starting to come back from the 2 month layoff, or versa-1.

I may start a log if things keep going well. So far I notice I am in a pretty good mood, and my focus in the gym is high. My strength is down from September/October's numbers, so we'll see if I can suprass them. I'll be getting back into Jits, but very light, as I fucked up something in my rear right shoulder area.

Rant:
This supp though, could be part of the whole supp placebo trick. My theory is that everything starts with the mind, EVERYTHING. And if we believe in something, it will come true. Yes, some supps do work as advertised, or at least as advertised by science. Let's face it though, scientific literature is a yawn and hardly get's any of us pumped to try anything. Look at the science on creatine, it's super boring and you'd hardly think it was worth taking it. But we all know that creating works, and works pretty well, for what it is.

It's the marketing on supps that don't match up with real world results/expectations, but the fact that we think it's going to work, makes us feel like we are "On" something. And when we feel like we're on something, we'll pay top dollar to have it over and over again. Look at any ad in the muscle magazines, and you won't find one that even remotely underplays, or gives that monotone straight talk- the ads are outrageous, but that is the begining! It's the first hook. Some of these supps might as well be sugar pills, for the amount of results to dollar ratio.

The actual results you get from a supp, is super hard to measure. Usually when your on a supp, you eat better, lifter harder, rest more. Your generally more focused and on task, effort is usually higher, either or both, through the placebo effect ( the ad planted in your mind ), and wanting the most out of your dollars spent on supps. If we could really quantify the effects of a supp, let's say through weight of new muscle added, I don't think for the most part, the supp added much of any of the weight. But... with everything combined, the power of thought, the new level of effort.. you will end up with some gains.. and to most people, they are going to attribute that to the only new thing ( in their mind ) in their program, the supplement. It's mostly lost on us though, that is was the combined effort of everything.

So, are some or all of the results attributable to the newest and latest supp we are taking in? Is it one of the main factors in the whole equation? There might be an argument for that answer being yes. I think everything starts with the mind, an idea, a vision, and then a plan on how to get there. A lot us trudge along ( me included ), untill we see something shiny and new, and sometimes it's what we need. A base to start a newfound excitement and source of motivation from.

Really the only thing that are truly anabolic, is steroids ( not mentioning food ). They are the only things that truly work. They give us something, lend us something we could not achieve ( normally ) on our own. And for the money, they put results where their mouth is.

So what am I saying? That supps are a gimmick, a trick? Sort of, kind of, yes...? Is the $40 dollars I spent on versa worth it? Compared to steroids- No! Is the tricking of the mind worth the money? I'm not going to answer that one just yet. So if I feel this way, or think this way, your all probably wondering why I even bothered buying the supp, since I seem to know who Oz is really behind the curtain. Like I said, i'm ranting, and I have no real direction for it. Honestly, I fell for the shiny new toy, and I had to have it. I was in a rut and I was bored, and I wanted something new and awesome to help lift me out of my funk and into the promised land of ifbb pro-like level of muscularity. What's it gonna hurt? Money comes and it goes, so the risk of loss and gain don't matter too much to me.

Okay, rant over-

Macdon1588
02-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Not sure yet guys, but I think usp labs might have something here. Pretty good workout tonight, and I felt some things I normally don't see. Honestly, I wish I had been lifting regulalry for at least 2 months before starting this, as I can't tell if it's things starting to come back from the 2 month layoff, or versa-1.

I may start a log if things keep going well. So far I notice I am in a pretty good mood, and my focus in the gym is high. My strength is down from September/October's numbers, so we'll see if I can suprass them. I'll be getting back into Jits, but very light, as I fucked up something in my rear right shoulder area.

Rant:
This supp though, could be part of the whole supp placebo trick. My theory is that everything starts with the mind, EVERYTHING. And if we believe in something, it will come true. Yes, some supps do work as advertised, or at least as advertised by science. Let's face it though, scientific literature is a yawn and hardly get's any of us pumped to try anything. Look at the science on creatine, it's super boring and you'd hardly think it was worth taking it. But we all know that creating works, and works pretty well, for what it is.

It's the marketing on supps that don't match up with real world results/expectations, but the fact that we think it's going to work, makes us feel like we are "On" something. And when we feel like we're on something, we'll pay top dollar to have it over and over again. Look at any ad in the muscle magazines, and you won't find one that even remotely underplays, or gives that monotone straight talk- the ads are outrageous, but that is the begining! It's the first hook. Some of these supps might as well be sugar pills, for the amount of results to dollar ratio.

The actual results you get from a supp, is super hard to measure. Usually when your on a supp, you eat better, lifter harder, rest more. Your generally more focused and on task, effort is usually higher, either or both, through the placebo effect ( the ad planted in your mind ), and wanting the most out of your dollars spent on supps. If we could really quantify the effects of a supp, let's say through weight of new muscle added, I don't think for the most part, the supp added much of any of the weight. But... with everything combined, the power of thought, the new level of effort.. you will end up with some gains.. and to most people, they are going to attribute that to the only new thing ( in their mind ) in their program, the supplement. It's mostly lost on us though, that is was the combined effort of everything.

So, are some or all of the results attributable to the newest and latest supp we are taking in? Is it one of the main factors in the whole equation? There might be an argument for that answer being yes. I think everything starts with the mind, an idea, a vision, and then a plan on how to get there. A lot us trudge along ( me included ), untill we see something shiny and new, and sometimes it's what we need. A base to start a newfound excitement and source of motivation from.

Really the only thing that are truly anabolic, is steroids ( not mentioning food ). They are the only things that truly work. They give us something, lend us something we could not achieve ( normally ) on our own. And for the money, they put results where their mouth is.

So what am I saying? That supps are a gimmick, a trick? Sort of, kind of, yes...? Is the $40 dollars I spent on versa worth it? Compared to steroids- No! Is the tricking of the mind worth the money? I'm not going to answer that one just yet. So if I feel this way, or think this way, your all probably wondering why I even bothered buying the supp, since I seem to know who Oz is really behind the curtain. Like I said, i'm ranting, and I have no real direction for it. Honestly, I fell for the shiny new toy, and I had to have it. I was in a rut and I was bored, and I wanted something new and awesome to help lift me out of my funk and into the promised land of ifbb pro-like level of muscularity. What's it gonna hurt? Money comes and it goes, so the risk of loss and gain don't matter too much to me.

Okay, rant over-

I say there is a virtue to even the placebo effect. If versa-1 makes you feel good, and doesn't hurt anything, then I say have at it. I think the "trick" USP is on to is using ingredients with nootropic effects. Jack3d micro makes me feel fucking awesome so I looked at the ingredients and found that taking a gram of agmatine sulfate a day gives me that feeling.

Rulk
02-22-2013, 09:43 PM
Off day for me, and decided to dose this in the beginning part of my day, and taken when I was halfway through a cup of coffee.

Later on I felt great. Just in a really good mood. Going up stairs felt easier too. I will start logging this in my jits thread, as I think there might be some stuff worth noting.

h2s
02-23-2013, 01:21 PM
Off day for me, and decided to dose this in the beginning part of my day, and taken when I was halfway through a cup of coffee.

Later on I felt great. Just in a really good mood. Going up stairs felt easier too. I will start logging this in my jits thread, as I think there might be some stuff worth noting.

Thanks for keeping us updated on your thoughts brother.

ctAL
04-07-2013, 08:06 PM
final verdict?

Rulk
04-07-2013, 08:55 PM
final verdict?

Mine? Obviously I wish it was cheaper, but it gives a nice boost in the gym. No where near being a must have supp. If you like staying natty, you'll probably like this. Imo, does not directly boost muscle growth via some kind of magical anabolism, but if you workout harder than usual, while using versa, you should see a difference.

The things I like most about versa- increased drive and motivation in the gym. I felt really in-tuned with my muscles and body in general. It puts me in a good mood most days.

Cons- Increase in appetite, and price. I can't spend as much money on supps like I used to, as priorities have changed.

Don't expect miracles and you won't be disappointed.

machdaddy
04-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Mine? Obviously I wish it was cheaper, but it gives a nice boost in the gym. No where near being a must have supp. If you like staying natty, you'll probably like this. Imo, does not directly boost muscle growth via some kind of magical anabolism, but if you workout harder than usual, while using versa, you should see a difference.

The things I like most about versa- increased drive and motivation in the gym. I felt really in-tuned with my muscles and body in general. It puts me in a good mood most days.

Kind of like AD?

Rulk
04-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Kind of like AD?

I never tried AD, but I did think of it while using Versa-1.

pman42
04-08-2013, 09:38 PM
unrelated to Versa-1 but I like to get everyone take on best natty supps. for gaining muscle. NOA, any input?

Grape Ape
04-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Recompadrol+Anabeta

Best Natty stack I've ever ran. With some creatine HCL, it was gains city.

pman42
04-09-2013, 06:59 PM
GrapeApe, how long and and what dosage??

Rulk
04-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Asteroid Stack with Creatine and lots of good food. I performed a bit better in the gym, recovered much better in-between gym sessions. Expensive as heck though.

Going to give X-Factor ( arachidonic acid ) a shot next month. Plus i'll be going on a protein heavy diet, while still incorporating my fruit and veggie smoothies. I'll keep you guys up to date.

Had to stop Anabeta and Versa. Hunger got out of hand, plus I threw out my stupid back again. Ffs.

Rulk
04-13-2013, 06:44 AM
Btw, nutraplanet has versa-1 on sale for less than $27. Cheapest i've seen it. If your looking for something to boost your workouts, without stims, you might like this.

booklifter
11-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I just happened to find out that versa's being recalled for acute liver damage and a procedural violation regarding the aegeline. FDA Investigates Acute Hepatitis Illnesses Potentially Linked to Products Labeled OxyElite Pro (http://www.fda.gov/Food/RecallsOutbreaksEmergencies/Outbreaks/ucm370849.htm)

I know we're not exactly big FDA fans around here but I remembered seeing someone mention this stuff and thought I should spread the word (and let people with a pantry full of this stuff decide for themselves, or at least get some precautionary bloodwork done)

Both Versa and OEP product lines are affected.