PDA

View Full Version : UFC 156 - Aldo vs. Edgar Feb. 2nd

Rulk
01-30-2013, 04:43 AM
Easily one of the best cards of the year, UFC's Super Saturday looks to deliver another solid line up.

Main Event- for the strap at 145lbs ( Featherweight )
Jose Aldo vs. Franki Edgar

Light Heavyweight Match
Rashad Evans vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

Heavyweight Match
Alistari Overeem vs. Antonio Silva

Welterweight Match
John Fitch vs. Demian Maia

Flyweight Match
Joseph Benevidez vs. Ian Mccall

Lightweight Match
Gleison Tibau vs. Evan Dunham

Welterweight Match
Tyrone Woodley vs. Jay Hieron

Rulk
01-30-2013, 04:55 AM
Jose Aldo vs. Franki Edgar ( by KO in 1st )

Light Heavyweight Match
Rashad Evans vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira ( Decision )

Heavyweight Match
Alistari Overeem vs. Antonio Silva ( Submission via armbar 2nd round )

Welterweight Match
John Fitch vs. Demian Maia ( Submission via triangle 2nd round )

Flyweight Match
Joseph Benevidez vs. Ian Mccall ??

Lightweight Match

Welterweight Match
Tyrone Woodley vs. Jay Hieron ( Decision )

Fight of the night will probably go to Jose and Edgar if it goes all 5 rounds. If Jose does not KO Edgar in the 1st, Edgar's chances will improve.

Evans in a 3 round fight could fight more explosively and threating Lil Nog with a KO.

Hopefully Bigfoot fights smart and brings this fight to the ground and keep it there.

My brain tells me Fitch will grind out a decision win, but I am hoping Maia catches Fitch with that triangle when they are dry.

USN HM 350Z
01-30-2013, 06:43 AM
Jose Aldo vs. Franki Edgar

Light Heavyweight Match
Rashad Evans vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

Heavyweight Match
Alistari Overeem vs. Antonio Silva

Welterweight Match
John Fitch vs. Demian Maia

Flyweight Match
Joseph Benevidez vs. Ian Mccall

Lightweight Match

Welterweight Match
Tyrone Woodley vs. Jay Hieron

DJM
01-30-2013, 06:57 AM
i like aldo.........part of me thinks edgar will outwork him for 5rounds, and shock everyone
reem and evans both win.....fitch/maia the worst fight of the night-they could do this one in a bed since its just lying on each other for 15min

Scope75
01-30-2013, 05:13 PM
i like aldo.........part of me thinks edgar will outwork him for 5rounds, and shock everyone
reem and evans both win.....fitch/maia the worst fight of the night-they could do this one in a bed since its just lying on each other for 15min

X2
That's how I see the night also.
Don't ever count Edgar out because that guy is a true gamer.... Lots of fucking heart!!!

Rodja
02-02-2013, 11:05 AM
Overeem now:
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2106211/Overeem-Silva.jpg

Overeem then:
http://admin.mmaweekly.com/wp-content/uploads//2011/12/03-Brock-Lesnar-Alistair-Overeem-UFC-141-weigh.jpg

Just a bit of difference.

Rulk
02-02-2013, 05:01 PM
arms, shoulders look a little smaller. also looks not as lean. I'd like to see more pics to fully decide if he has curtailed on his aas use, or something else.

Rulk
02-02-2013, 08:57 PM
Pumped for the main event. This really is the only superfight the ufc has had in a long time. Although Edgar is coming off 2 losses and is the former champ, this is as close as we are gonna get to a superfight right now. The other 2 superfights ( gsp vs silva, silva vs jones ) still look far away.

Bucks
02-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Brutal knockout by Bigfoot!

Rulk
02-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Kudos to both figthers^, but great job by Bigfoot coming back, and with a KO. I see a Reem vs JDS match up this summer.

Rodja
02-03-2013, 09:12 AM
Kudos to both figthers^, but great job by Bigfoot coming back, and with a KO. I see a Reem vs JDS match up this summer.

That would be a step down for JDS.

Rulk
02-03-2013, 03:56 PM
That would be a step down for JDS.

Maybe, but I could see a lot of reasons why it should or could happen. If JDS gets an immediate rematch though, it won't happen.

USN HM 350Z
02-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Maybe, but I could see a lot of reasons why it should or could happen. If JDS gets an immediate rematch though, it won't happen.

no chance of an immediate rematch. He was totally out worked and dominated.

Rulk
02-03-2013, 04:22 PM
The match up between Daniel Cormier and Frank Mir will help set up matches. I think Dana should sign Josh Barnett though.

Demian Maia is a monster at 170. One more fight and another win puts him in a good spot to challenge for the belt. How will Maia deal with a monster like GSP?

It'll be interesting to see who Rashad gets next, and how well he does. Lil Nog is good, but I don't think he'll clear a way to championship match.

sluggy
02-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Good to see Overeem get knocked out. He did jack shit for two rounds, deserved to lose. Props to bigfoot for finishing strong!