PDA

View Full Version : Jack3d Blamed For Death

machdaddy
01-30-2013, 05:45 PM
The article doesn't mention caffeine which can dehydrate and elevate heart rate but, that dreaded DMAA!

A Marathoner died after using supplement named Jack3D with DMAA ~ News Term (http://newsterm.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-marathoner-died-after-using.html)

h2s
01-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Marathoners die just running the marathon...lets ban running.

Jorsn
01-30-2013, 11:17 PM
That's really sad that she died, But ultimately it's your responsibility to know what your putting in your body and how it will effect you whether you're going to work out, run a 5K, marathon, iron man, etc.

burlyman30
01-30-2013, 11:56 PM
Marathoners die just running the marathon...lets ban running.

Tantamount to the gun-ban argument. Lol.

h2s
01-31-2013, 07:36 AM
Tantamount to the gun-ban argument. Lol.

Jack3d is not designed to kill. A semi automatic rifle is.... :)

BBG
01-31-2013, 07:37 AM

Actually, a semi automatic rifle is designed to shoot bullets... we just happen to aim them at people :D

trolling 101

burlyman30
01-31-2013, 08:56 AM

I was talking about the banning running comment. Lots of people run, but when a marathoner dies from it, nobody thinks we should stop running. 2 million legal self defenses by law abiding citizens happened last year, but an incident by a mental case gets people on the gun-ban wagon. Public opinion of the sheeple is formed by what media tells them.

h2s
01-31-2013, 08:59 AM
I was talking about the banning running comment. Lots of people run, but when a marathoner dies from it, nobody thinks we should stop running. 2 million legal self defenses by law abiding citizens happened last year, but an incident by a mental case gets people on the gun-ban wagon. Public opinion of the sheeple is formed by what media tells them.

Baaahhhh

burlyman30
01-31-2013, 09:31 AM
Baaahhhh

Lol

machdaddy
01-31-2013, 10:53 AM

The stupid leading the stupid. They pass laws saying you have to help your neighbor. Then they try to take away your power to help. I know damn well no one will help their neighbor if they are unarmed and the criminal has a gun.

longBallLima
01-31-2013, 11:52 AM
The stupid leading the stupid. They pass laws saying you have to help your neighbor. Then they try to take away your power to help. I know damn well no one will help their neighbor if they are unarmed and the criminal has a gun.

unless you have one of those nifty phone thingies! :)

longBallLima
01-31-2013, 12:13 PM
"DMAA ... on the balance of probabilities, in combination with extreme physical exertion, caused acute cardiac failure, which resulted in her death"

on the balance of probabilities.... holy shit, it really takes nothing, no investigation, autopsy or anything before they start accusations. that is basically saying that USP is responsible for a wrongful death, no?

burlyman30
01-31-2013, 12:14 PM

Intruders who use a gun in a burglary will be long gone before police could ever respond to a 911 emergency call.

However, your point is not lost on me. There are other ways besides guns. Just none that I can think of that are as effective or immediate against the threat of an armed intruder.

To be honest, most would-be thugs will run at the sound of gunfire. Warning shots would often be as effective in getting them out of the house. Fear of death is an excellent motivator. Ever seen security cam footage on armed robbers scattering like roaches when the victim starts firing? Very effective, even without a bullet hitting anywhere near them.

machdaddy
01-31-2013, 12:19 PM

911 operator, can you hold?.........

Cobalt
01-31-2013, 12:22 PM
"DMAA ... on the balance of probabilities, in combination with extreme physical exertion, caused acute cardiac failure, which resulted in her death"

on the balance of probabilities.... holy shit, it really takes nothing, no investigation, autopsy or anything before they start accusations. that is basically saying that USP is responsible for a wrongful death, no?

Pretty much. We all know that DMAA is death in powder form, and USP Labs makes Jack3d, so they are killing people!

Personally, I think it's fucking STUPID to take a stim if you're going to run a marathon. I only use it if I'm going to be lifting. Any kind of cardio and I don't touch a stim.

Not to mention they don't even tell you how much she took. The max dose is 3 scoops... she could have easily taken twice that.

longBallLima
01-31-2013, 12:25 PM
911 operator, can you hold?.........

or "look, its a cuban! shoot him!!"

BTW, i must say, i know not of one person who was placed on hold while calling during an emergency

- - - Updated - - -

Intruders who use a gun in a burglary will be long gone before police could ever respond to a 911 emergency call.

However, your point is not lost on me. There are other ways besides guns. Just none that I can think of that are as effective or immediate against the threat of an armed intruder.

To be honest, most would-be thugs will run at the sound of gunfire. Warning shots would often be as effective in getting them out of the house. Fear of death is an excellent motivator. Ever seen security cam footage on armed robbers scattering like roaches when the victim starts firing? Very effective, even without a bullet hitting anywhere near them.

while i agree with most of what you said burly, i think the collateral of that protection is outweighing the benefits in this particular nation.

machdaddy
01-31-2013, 12:28 PM
The max dose is 3 scoops... she could have easily taken twice that.

Right! Also, a female runner.. what did she weigh 95-100 lbs? 1 scoop and she could have been hyped all day. The most I've ever taken has been 2 scoops.

longBallLima
01-31-2013, 12:30 PM
I'm not a fan of DMAA, but the way the link between the death and the substance was made seems uninformed and blatantly stupid

burlyman30
01-31-2013, 12:32 PM
or "look, its a cuban! shoot him!!"

BTW, i must say, i know not of one person who was placed on hold while calling during an emergency

My wife used to be a 911 dispatch operator. It all has to do with the amount of calls coming in vs. the manpower at the switchboard. It happens all the time, actually, regardless of whether you are aware of it or not. This is unfortunate, but budgets don't allow for unlimited amounts of dispatch personnel.

- - - Updated - - -

while i agree with most of what you said, burly, i think the collateral of that protection is outweighing the benefits in this particular nation.

I'm pretty sure the survivors of these attacks would disagree with you and be pissed that you would even consider that.

longBallLima
01-31-2013, 12:40 PM
My wife used to be a 911 dispatch operator. It all has to do with the amount of calls coming in vs. the manpower at the switchboard. It happens all the time, actually, regardless of whether you are aware of it or not. This is unfortunate, but budgets don't allow for unlimited amounts of dispatch personnel.

The more you know. I think being in a mostly rural state might be different, so i stand corrected.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure the survivors of these attacks would disagree with you and be pissed that you would even consider that.

I am such survivor, my parents are too so I dont get particularly pissed at that consideration.

I think the grief of Holmes' and Sandy Hook's victims families outweighs their or my anger.

And just to be clear, I'm not against a person having a firearm in the house. It's the type, quantity and access to that firearm that I take issue with.

longBallLima
01-31-2013, 12:45 PM
BTW, give this chick a lethal dose of DMAA

A James Holmes Admirer Opens Up About Her Crush: ‘He’s Not an Animal’ - The Daily Beast (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/01/09/a-james-holmes-admirer-opens-about-her-crush-he-s-not-an-animal.html)

burlyman30
01-31-2013, 12:51 PM
The more you know. I think being in a mostly rural state might be different, so i stand corrected.

I'm sure a lower population has a lower call volume, and therefore lesser chance of this happening. Wifey did have this happen to her on weekends though, in a town of about 10,000.

I am such survivor, my parents are too so I dont get particularly pissed at that consideration.

I think the grief of Holmes' and Sandy Hook's victims families outweighs their or my anger.

And just to be clear, I'm not against a person having a firearm in the house. It's the type, quantity and access to that firearm that I take issue with.

I am for safety protocols which would reduce the likelihood of any gun getting in the wrong hands. Type and quantity are never an issue in the right hands.

Sorry to have taken this thread off track a bit... I just saw the parallel made and could not resist. I'll be done for now.

longBallLima
01-31-2013, 12:55 PM
I'm sure a lower population has a lower call volume, and therefore lesser chance of this happening. Wifey did have this happen to her on weekends though, in a town of about 10,000.

I am for safety protocols which would reduce the likelihood of any gun getting in the wrong hands. Type and quantity are never an issue in the right hands.

Sorry to have taken this thread off track a bit... I just saw the parallel made and could not resist. I'll be done for now.

I say the military are the right hands for AR15's and no hands are right for an Uzi, but hey. we know we disagree!

and true, every thread now has a gun control related post, huh? lol

h2s
01-31-2013, 12:56 PM
...and back on topic....

DMAA!

longBallLima
01-31-2013, 01:05 PM
...and back on topic....

DMAA!

use it to defend your family!

alright, sorry, im done lol

were there whispers of DMAA-related kidney damage or am i tripping?

Cobalt
01-31-2013, 02:00 PM
were there whispers of DMAA-related kidney damage or am i tripping?

As far as I know, and I could be totally wrong here, so far as you stayed within the maximum dosage levels, you were OK.

I think what really got the ball rolling on banning it was the massive false-positives on drug tests for the military. I work on an Air Force base, and it got ugly a couple years back when active duty members started getting hit for positive marks on drug tests when they really had a F-P.
I believe that the Air Force went so far as banning it from active duty members once they figured out what was going on.

Then, of course, you get twats that go "3 scoops max? I can handle 5!"
So, once their junk stopped working and their BP goes through the roof, it's only a matter of time before the FDA steps in and bans the substance that people decided to abuse.

Coolazice
01-31-2013, 05:02 PM
BTW, give this chick a lethal dose of DMAA

A James Holmes Admirer Opens Up About Her Crush: ‘He’s Not an Animal’ - The Daily Beast (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/01/09/a-james-holmes-admirer-opens-about-her-crush-he-s-not-an-animal.html)

She definitely needs some serious help!

Sorrow
01-31-2013, 07:29 PM
I usually only need 1 to help get the kick start going, if that. But, I did try 2.5 scoops of the original formula and had a real bad reaction.. but again I wasn't doing a marathon, I was bench pressing. This sort of thing happens and rather then say its unfortunate and raise public awareness or *gasp* study the details of the scenario to see what all happens or what the clinical effects of something are... ban it. Sure am glad I'm free.

Oh side note
If you break into my home and I am somehow alerted to your presence (dog, glass, wooden floor creaking) I go into deployment mode, you will hear halt, advance to be recognized, state your name and business, very load and very clear. No reply with be met by gun fire. You will not make it off the property alive to sue me. Shotguns in main rooms, 45. in bedroom, 9mm for CQC in car. The custom rifles are for the range because I do not believe in letting my proficiency slip away. I served 8 years, in several war zones. Pass whatever laws they wish, I will remain vigilant. In times of peace, prepare for war. Unfortunately it has been proven to me too many times that it is in the heart of men to do ill to other men. These are just my practices, and beliefs. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. And I don't intend to offend anyone. And I wont bring it up again.
Side note over.