PDA

View Full Version : Cost To MAKE Androseries-HMMMM

nate3993
01-30-2013, 08:58 PM
I was reading a thread on AM about Androgains. Matt posted some very interesting information about the Androseries. Kind of don't know how to feel about it.

"Just sickening ,,,, everything copy and pasted from our listings....

You want truth? cost for AndroMass was $58
AndroHard was $44
AndroLean was $38
AndroDrive was $32
AndroBulk was $65

Pretty damn spendy cost --- but $300 bucks? and you cannot trust they did the honest to god rigorous testing and verification Pp did to make sure measures were met -- bottling and boxing were spendy and softgels were hefty too...

-Matt"

fuk though. 38 bucks to produce lean, but sold for 130? and they couldn't make much profit? something just doesn't seem right. like i said though, idk what to think. i wanna hear what you guys think.

Eden
01-30-2013, 09:17 PM
I assume that's just for raws, not marketing, r&d, shipping, packaging, softgelling, etc, etc, etc.

machdaddy
01-30-2013, 09:33 PM
Unless you're in business, it would be hard to tell what it cost to get the product to the customer's door. Most paid 25% less than MSRP. Then there's employee cost, building, etc.... as stated by Eden.

BBG
01-30-2013, 10:06 PM
Most paid 20-40% off. Stores bought at 50-60% off. A ton of money went into marketing, then employees, etc...

Think about how much a bottle of coke probably costs a massive company like coca cola to produce. Pennies, maybe?? But they have to pay all their employees, all the marketing, etc...

burlyman30
01-30-2013, 10:18 PM
I assume that's just for raws, not marketing, r&d, shipping, packaging, softgelling, etc, etc, etc.

Rusty on the details, but I believe this is correct. Tons of money spent on a lot more than the raws. And lots of $$ spent on r&d for the next latest and greatest, which is how we got the androseries in the first place.

Rulk
01-30-2013, 10:40 PM
All the times I got to hang out with Eric, he never seemed like mr. money bags to me. At all. Nate, think you can pm me or post the link to that thread? I hardly ever go there anymore and trying to navigate that site gives me a fucking headache. I really don't know whats going on there anymore.

milehighguy
01-30-2013, 10:52 PM
Seems like a huge margin but we will probably never know what the true overhead was to run PP....

Sperwer
01-30-2013, 11:06 PM
As someone with something more than a passing interest in this, x2 all the qualifications that others already have mentioned. 'Nuff said for now!

burlyman30
01-30-2013, 11:31 PM
Seems like a huge margin but we will probably never know what the true overhead was to run PP....

Overhead was much higher than you would imagine. It was far in the red for most of the time it operated. $300k in debt when doors closed. Even after massive streamlining, they just "got by". Eric was/is a visionary. Sometimes budget goes out the window when you are passionately pursuing a goal. Unfortunately, you gotta pay for that at some point.

iron
01-30-2013, 11:39 PM
dont forget government dues....tax's, license fees, renewal fees, and space rent is very expensive in portland, plus portland is very UN-friendly to small business's

Rulk
01-30-2013, 11:51 PM
Man I feel like ive been living under a rock for the last month. I take it Matt did not know who was behind Androgains when he posted on the 16th.

weekend
01-31-2013, 01:20 AM
Man I feel like ive been living under a rock for the last month. I take it Matt did not know who was behind Androgains when he posted on the 16th.

who is making it?

Rulk
01-31-2013, 01:55 AM
who is making it?

From what i've read so far, it looks like NP, with Eric's permission.

Sperwer
01-31-2013, 02:48 AM
From what i've read so far, it looks like NP, with Eric's permission.

Evidence?

from Matt's rather ill-considered reaction, i would infer not

weekend
01-31-2013, 03:28 AM
yeah the price post was totally retarded and out of place lol

Right Hook
01-31-2013, 12:03 PM
Why didn't the PP raid ever hit the Portland news or FDA news wire?

h2s
01-31-2013, 12:07 PM
Why didn't the PP raid ever hit the Portland news or FDA news wire?

I was curious as well on the Portland news, as I looked at the time. The fda announcement I assume is because it is an open investigation.

nate3993
01-31-2013, 12:36 PM
I get you guys. That's why I said I would wait to see what you guys said. But yeah. Matt making the
300 Dollar comment was a lil silly. NP always does that with their newly listed products. Although when I informed them about their mistake about t9-11 and DAA stack being over a hundred dollars, they never fixed it. MONTHS AND MONTHS later and it's still up. If u but the products separately, it's like 40 bucks. They have the stack as 120. I emailed AND called to let them know. 3+ months later it's still up. Now THAT'S shitty business practice.

xxiv
01-31-2013, 01:19 PM
When I sell anything I mark it up, I operate to make a profit. If it isn't profitable I would not waste my time selling it. I don't spend my time and money and assume liability to break even. I don't think there is a rational businessman that would operate any other way.