PDA

View Full Version : RANT: Supplements that would otherwise be great if they didn't block DHT

Freepressright
02-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Does anyone else ever get aggravated when you sit down to read the label or marketing writeup on a test booster where everything's looking great and then BAM, there it is: A DHT blocker.

Why? Why? Why?

DHT makes you male. It makes you hard. It makes you vascular. It makes you happier. It mimics thyroid hormone. It's good for your cholesterol. So WHY THE FUCK are all these supplement companies out to block it?

Is it because of the threat of DHT to the hairline? Big fucking deal. Shed or shave your head. Bald dudes get plenty of action. If you want to block DHT, buy yourself some saw palmetto or something else. Me? I want my damn DHT!

h2s
02-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Androgenic hormones cause side effects, duh.

*Injects Masteron*

burlyman30
02-01-2013, 01:01 PM
*Injects Masteron*

Rofl.

BBG
02-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Does anyone else ever get aggravated when you sit down to read the label or marketing writeup on a test booster where everything's looking great and then BAM, there it is: A DHT blocker.

Why? Why? Why?

DHT makes you male. It makes you hard. It makes you vascular. It makes you happier. It mimics thyroid hormone. It's good for your cholesterol. So WHY THE FUCK are all these supplement companies out to block it?

Is it because of the threat of DHT to the hairline? Big fucking deal. Shed or shave your head. Bald dudes get plenty of action. If you want to block DHT, buy yourself some saw palmetto or something else. Me? I want my damn DHT!

Agree with this... I also think the whole prostate thing scares people, even though we know DHT is healthy for the prostate and estrogen is the culprit.

But probably mostly the hair thing.

Scope75
02-01-2013, 10:33 PM
Fuck hair!!!
I wish all the hair on my head would fall out..
I hate having to shave my head.

Sperwer
02-01-2013, 11:09 PM
Fuck hair!!!
I wish all the hair on my head would fall out..
I hate having to shave my head.

just be patient. LOL

Scope75
02-01-2013, 11:20 PM
just be patient. LOL

The bad thing is I'll end up blad on top but not on the sides. Lol
Wish I could donate it or sell it to someone who wants hair.

Rulk
02-01-2013, 11:52 PM
At this point in my life, i'm not giving a shit about my hair anymore. I can tell i'm thinning and a part of me says it sucks, but a big part of me doesn't give a woop.

Androhard here I come lol!

Scope75
02-02-2013, 01:10 AM
Hair is meant to be on a mans face and chest not on his head!! Lol

Sperwer
02-02-2013, 01:32 AM
Hair is meant to be on a mans face and chest not on his head!! Lol

what about the supporting wedding vegetables and the ass? I actually look like sasquatch from the neck down unless i run into a lawnmower at least once a month.

Scope75
02-02-2013, 01:45 AM
Lol yeah I figured that was a given.

saludable24
02-02-2013, 07:17 PM

Why? Why? Why?

Yep. I have to stay away from several cool looking supplements that have DHT blocking stuff. I have even read the Saw Palmeto has given a few guys the dreaded, permanent 5-AR inhibition. I still have my most of hair, But I have no issue with shedding when it happens. I can always get folicle transplants that won't give me issues with DHT. I can't always get feel good DHT effects.

pman42
02-02-2013, 11:39 PM
I agree with you freepress. I was looking at one company's estrogen blocker and for some reason they also had to include a DHT blocker.

I haven't looked into it much but from my understanding saw palmetto should mostly work at the level of the prostate and not so much systemically, so hopefully if these products have SP they should be okay. this particular one had fenugreek, which iirc can definitely lower DHT.

to use a car analogy, which i like, it'd be like getting new wheels, spark plugs, and engine control unit for your high-performance car but not using a high enough octane.