PDA

View Full Version : The Strongest Man You've Never Heard Of........

ctAL
02-01-2013, 07:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5xXsdWRaFw&list=UU26wVFmrwOSyMWwHmBbndhg&index=4

Rulk
02-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Drug free eh?

milehighguy
02-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Drug free eh?

Ha! Yea just lots of protein and you too can bench press 700lbs....

nate3993
02-01-2013, 10:04 PM
fuuuuuuuk yeah that guy juices

xxiv
02-01-2013, 10:28 PM
great video.

Sorrow
02-01-2013, 10:32 PM
Ehhh most likely yes, but its actually possible he didn't juice considering he was well over 300 lbs. at the time. A good friend of mine and former training partner who is SHW benches right at 600 lbs. drug free (repeated tests, and I believe him, we've traveled together). Our other partner who is lifting at the arnold just moved up to the 220's last year and benches 450+ raw, also I can verify he did it drug free. Now what they do from this point on I can't say we no longer belong to the same gym.

At any rate I do love his attitude!

Sorrow
02-01-2013, 10:48 PM
Although, after watching a few of the other videos that popped up with him after that one, he does say alot that he's natural... the last guy that did that that much was named.. uhm.. oh yeah Lance Armstrong! I do hope that he is natural but I dunno about now man, thats a wild level to be at when your in your 50's. Good luck to him either way

Scope75
02-01-2013, 10:53 PM
Either way he's moving some iron!!

Rulk
02-01-2013, 11:57 PM
I think he looks better now then he did back then. I wonder how athletic he is currently?

BBG
02-02-2013, 12:44 AM
190 is human skeleton

Scope75
02-02-2013, 12:48 AM
190 is human skeleton

For someone who was a jacked 260 and a huge 300+ man it is. Lol

Fucking dude is massive right now and I hope he breaks that record too.
The last bit of the clip is worth watching a couple time.

Jorsn
02-02-2013, 02:40 AM
what the fuck ran across the floor at 2:17? haha

markam
02-02-2013, 06:35 AM

Weird. Lol

BBG
02-02-2013, 06:53 AM
This guy has one of the most ideal physiques... imo

milehighguy
02-02-2013, 07:05 AM
I also didn't realize there was a curl competition...
I thought that part was kinda funny
Big dude pushing and squatting 700 but wants to nail a heavy curl

Anyway as sorrow stated, great attitude and hopefully he nails it

burlyman30
02-02-2013, 08:34 AM

Thought that was just my imagination! Thank goodness someone else saw it!

Rodja
02-02-2013, 09:07 AM
I also didn't realize there was a curl competition...
I thought that part was kinda funny
Big dude pushing and squatting 700 but wants to nail a heavy curl

Anyway as sorrow stated, great attitude and hopefully he nails it

Certain feds have strict curl and OHP records.

Sorrow
02-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Yeah there's a few of them, I competed in 100% raw and WNPF, honestly the curl competition dragged those meets down! Also had a bench for reps comp, that wasnt to bad but the lighter guys always killed the bigger dudes. Just not my cup of tea.

He is absolutely jacked now. Still love the part at the end.. its your set! Love it!

burlyman30
02-02-2013, 10:00 AM
Certain feds have strict curl and OHP records.

I knew those competitions used to exist... didn't realize any of those feds were still in existence. It's been years since I've heard of a curl contest.

DJM
02-02-2013, 10:44 AM
to to the point of gear or not, as sorrow said quite possible, also at his meet he only had to be clean

secondly, why is it when we see a guy,obviously 'on', others who also use buy are vastly inferior in shape or strength, are quick to criticize, 'oh hes not drug free, oh thats bs, he must be on alot (cause i use and cant do that), ect ect

if hes moving 700lbs, odds are the dude is a fkn beast and can out lift most while hes clean and they are laced with halo

lanced was on, but its not why he won all those races, if it were that simple, how come no one could beat him, or out hit barry bonds.......all cheaters, but i see the grey in it as well

Rodja
02-02-2013, 10:53 AM
to to the point of gear or not, as sorrow said quite possible, also at his meet he only had to be clean

secondly, why is it when we see a guy,obviously 'on', others who also use buy are vastly inferior in shape or strength, are quick to criticize, 'oh hes not drug free, oh thats bs, he must be on alot (cause i use and cant do that), ect ect

if hes moving 700lbs, odds are the dude is a fkn beast and can out lift most while hes clean and they are laced with halo

lanced was on, but its not why he won all those races, if it were that simple, how come no one could beat him, or out hit barry bonds.......all cheaters, but i see the grey in it as well

It's the pounding of the drug-free gavel that gets on my nerves, but, still, his max raw bench is insane. I don't give a damn if he's on 5g of test, deca, EQ, etc., that is still a hell of an accomplishment.

DJ, did you see the difference in how Overeem looks for this fight v his fight with Brock?

DJM
02-02-2013, 10:57 AM
It's the pounding of the drug-free gavel that gets on my nerves, but, still, his max raw bench is insane. I don't give a damn if he's on 5g of test, deca, EQ, etc., that is still a hell of an accomplishment.

yeah on your first point, watched another vid, i see.............usually the people who defend their cleaness the most arent......i know when i was a bit younger and guys asked me, i was clean btw, my answer was different, more 'no i dont use, but i want, dont got no money, dont know where, but yeah im super curious'

Sorrow
02-02-2013, 01:44 PM
yeah on your first point, watched another vid, i see.............usually the people who defend their cleaness the most arent......i know when i was a bit younger and guys asked me, i was clean btw, my answer was different, more 'no i dont use, but i want, dont got no money, dont know where, but yeah im super curious'

Yeah thats what I was noticing, I must have watched 5 other vids of him that came up and it seemed like he was always saying that.. alot. But hell yeah thats amazing!

And Ive noticed that alot too about "well so and so must be on to lift XXX amount of weight" but honestly thats the funny part about powerlifting. I know some drug free guys (most cause they had no source, or money for it like DJM said) who move insane weight. It keeps me motivated because I know if they can do it I should be able to at least get close!

On the flip side of the coin there's a few who constantly say no Im not on and I was drug tested at the meet, yet somehow go up 20lbs of lean mass in around 4 months and had his bench go up too 900# equipped single ply, his best a few months before that was 650# in double ply gear. Also had acne on his back, hair loss.. but yeah Consistently denies ever even trying anything. Its like the classic line "I think thou does protest too much!"

burlyman30
02-02-2013, 02:38 PM
Brings back memories from Doyle Kenadys gym... Doyle (RIP) sold to people, his team was obviously on, but one of the guys on the team... he vehemently denied it. 20 years later we caught up with each other... he told me the truth and that he narrowly missed getting nabbed by the feds on two occasions... for selling. Apparently he had worked his way up the ladder and was prominent on the local front with gear sales. Worked his way up the PLing ladder, too. He benched 640 at a meet with a single ply shirt from the late 80s.

Sperwer
02-03-2013, 10:29 PM

ALIEN

h2s
02-03-2013, 11:12 PM
ALIEN

Lol I missed it, but went back to check. Wtf lol.

Rulk
02-03-2013, 11:13 PM
Looks like someone threw a tile or mat across the floor.