PDA

View Full Version : AH question

Enuke65
02-01-2013, 11:43 PM
Looking back at the actives in AH V3, there was 950 mg of the beta isomer, and 150 mg of the alpha isomer. Every other DHT pre-cursor thats out there is labeled as only containing the beta isomer (and the original AH is labeled as 5a-androstan-3b-ol-17-one).

What is the difference between the two, and why did PP use the blend? I'm curious because I've found a product that has the alpha isomer(redefine makes it), and was thinking of stacking supps to try and create a similar ratio that was in AH V3. I know the dosing wouldn't be as convenient as once a day, but it's something, and something is better than nothing.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions and science are welcome.

markam
02-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Bump for interesting question.

Sorrow
02-02-2013, 09:52 PM
I was actually researching what other products are available to do exactly what you're asking about! Interesting timing. Hope someone can help with this.

burlyman30
02-02-2013, 10:24 PM
I seem to remember Eric saying that the original AH was not actually androsterone, but epiandrosterone. I believe the the theory was that the a isomer had more anabolic effectiveness, so AH was reformulated in AH2 but the unexpected side effect was lethargy. AH3 added in the epiandrosterone in a ratio that was thought to combat this. I believe that the a isomer had an effect on the GABA receptors, causing the drowsiness.

Maybe h2s or one of the other former PP reps can add to this or correct me where I am off track.

josh
02-02-2013, 10:31 PM
they both convert to DHT via two step processes, but the conversion rate of the alpha (3-alpha-hydroxyetioallocholan-17-one or androsterone) is higher than that of the beta (3-beta-hydroxyetioallocholan-17-one or epiandrosterone) Both androsterone and epiandrosterone will ultimately both will convert to DHT just at different rates

I would look into AMS or forerunner. I believe they make a comparable product to AH

Turbo6GN
02-03-2013, 03:06 AM
I seem to remember Eric saying that the original AH was not actually androsterone, but epiandrosterone. I believe the the theory was that the a isomer had more anabolic effectiveness, so AH was reformulated in AH2 but the unexpected side effect was lethargy. AH3 added in the epiandrosterone in a ratio that was thought to combat this. I believe that the a isomer had an effect on the GABA receptors, causing the drowsiness.

Maybe h2s or one of the other former PP reps can add to this or correct me where I am off track.

I can say anecdotally that I was absolutely crushed by the lethargy of AH/AM V2. A very surprising and unwanted side effect. Tough to have that "Alpha" feeling when you just want to nap all afternoon lol

Enuke65
02-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Thanks guys, I'll look at forerunner, I think I know which product you're talking about(5A-Test), and I'm pretty sure it's just the beta isomer.
I think I'm gonna try and put something together that utilizes both alpha and beta isomers, or try to at least. Details to follow.

Jelisej
02-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Why not use masteron instead?

Enuke65
02-03-2013, 06:44 PM
... That's a good question...

josh
02-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Also hasn't nutraplanet picked up the Andro series line under the brand androgains?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2

Enuke65
02-03-2013, 07:34 PM
I think just what was AM V2 if I'm not mistaken

h2s
02-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Also hasn't nutraplanet picked up the Andro series line under the brand androgains?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2

They implied it was extra product, but I can't say anything for sure as I have no comfirmation.