PDA

View Full Version : Blood test results

milehighguy
02-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Just got them back and have a few questions...

I am going to do some research tonight but thought I would throw them up here just in case I can get some feedback from you guys.

Creatinine came back high at 1.40 mg/dl...range shows 0.76-1.27
I believe this can be higher for those that workout and/or take creatine supplements?

SHBG came in at 48.3 nmol/L...range is 16.5-55.9
This was within range but seemed a little high to me.

Any just general thoughts here would be great. Should I be worried about the Creatinine levels? Is the SHBG to high?

Like I said, I will be doing some digging tonight when I am at home and have more time.

burlyman30
02-07-2013, 12:36 AM
Doesn't seem concerning to me at all, but jelisej or infamy may have different input. How were the levels of everything else you tested?

nate3993
02-07-2013, 02:11 AM
SHBG that high is taking up most of his test though

milehighguy
02-07-2013, 07:00 AM
Doesn't seem concerning to me at all, but jelisej or infamy may have different input. How were the levels of everything else you tested?

Everything else came back in range. Total test right at 600 and Free test at 11.2. I can't say those are as high as I would like them but my test levels are typically in that range.

SHBG that high is taking up most of his test though

This is what I was worried about. I thought that the use of a SERM can cause SHBG to go up a bit and wondering if it is taking up more test then I want it to...

Sperwer
02-07-2013, 07:27 AM
Just got them back and have a few questions...

Creatinine came back high at 1.40 mg/dl...range shows 0.76-1.27
I believe this can be higher for those that workout and/or take creatine supplements?

Bingo.

I had an annual physical a few years ago with creatine results that come out MUCH higher. So high that, when they MAILED them to me, the clinic said I must come in IMMEDIATELY because I was HAVING either a STROKE or a CARDIAC. I got a laugh out of this. but I did follow up with my new endo whose first question was "You work out - a lot - don't you? I also told him I had been taking creatine at the time of the blood draw. He said to disregard the test result as meaningless in those circumstances.

markam
02-07-2013, 08:13 AM
Bingo.

I had an annual physical a few years ago with creatine results that come out MUCH higher. So high that, when they MAILED them to me, the clinic said I must come in IMMEDIATELY because I was HAVING either a STROKE or a CARDIAC. I got a laugh out of this. but I did follow up with my new endo whose first question was "You work out - a lot - don't you? I also told him I had been taking creatine at the time of the blood draw. He said to disregard the test result as meaningless in those circumstances.

Been there. Done that. Wasted a lot of time doing extra tests.

Jelisej
02-07-2013, 09:40 AM
SHBG is way, way to high. Should be around 20-25. Maybe be your E2 is too high as well; in any case you need to investigate that further.
1. Anabolic hormones generally reduce SHBG. These include testosterone, DHEA, insulin, DHT, and growth hormone.
2. Thyroid hormone, Estrogens, and Progesterone (by increasing estrogen receptors/sensitivity), increase SHBG.
Also poor liver function can be reason for high SHBG.
Other thing from my observations: seems that guys that dont eat carbs often have higher SHBG.
There is bit more about SHBG in "TRT" thread in this section of forum.
TRT (http://www.swolesource.com/forum/mens-health-ancillary-medication/10-trt.html)

By the way- free test results are often incorrect, best way is to check free test by using Dr Shippen chart.490

milehighguy
02-07-2013, 01:49 PM
SHBG is way, way to high. Should be around 20-25. Maybe be your E2 is too high as well; in any case you need to investigate that further.
1. Anabolic hormones generally reduce SHBG. These include testosterone, DHEA, insulin, DHT, and growth hormone.
2. Thyroid hormone, Estrogens, and Progesterone (by increasing estrogen receptors/sensitivity), increase SHBG.
Also poor liver function can be reason for high SHBG.
Other thing from my observations: seems that guys that dont eat carbs often have higher SHBG.
There is bit more about SHBG in "TRT" thread in this section of forum.
TRT (http://www.swolesource.com/forum/mens-health-ancillary-medication/10-trt.html)

By the way- free test results are often incorrect, best way is to check free test by using Dr Shippen chart.

Estradiol came back at 22.2 pg/mL which I did not think was all that high. I will read up on the link you provided. Sounds like I will be holding off on my next run for a bit until I can put my finger on this one.