PDA

View Full Version : Meat after 6yrs

DJM
02-07-2013, 01:46 PM
long story short, went veg cause of cruelty to animals, in hindsight i coulda went organic, but 6yrs ago i didnt know what i do now for alot of things..........iv always lifted prior and since, diet became trickier but not a deal breaker like many woulda thought

my first ph was after i quit meat........i started using aas few yrs ago, again no protein from meat, and no ridiculous 300g+ protein per day

this past holiday i got gastro/stomach virus, a week before xmas, felt better and pigged, on the 26th i spent my whole morning kneeling by the toilet, hadnt barfed in a long time, i really wasnt well......in the 2weeks i was sick, lost alot of weight (12lbs or so), and went flat, i only ate shit as comfort food as tuna or shakes wasnt enticing feeling ill

the whole second week however, incredible cravings for red meat, never had, even the initial period after dropping meat (was more i dont want instead of cant have)......i was seriously cracking, body was telling me something (i use a multi so hard to say if it was a lack of iron or b vitamins)......i told my wife im gonna eat something soon......she went to mexico on the 3rd, that evening i went shopping..........very hard finding organic meat here in the city, and if so its like $20 for 2 fkn breasts of chicken (altho i know the whole organic bs and the minimal requirements to be able to label something organic/free run/grain/grass fed..........ideal is local farm)

i had ground beef, stared at it at first, was mixed with veggies rice n tomatos in a microwave bowl (i eat out of buckets wife says), how i used to eat it.........then it went down.......the 2wks she was gone (she knew, its the smell of it cooking or seeing me eat it i wanted to ease into)i pounded red meat and some chicken like it was 2005

- no stomach issues, altho first week the red meat was slow to digest thus i was able to drop alot of carbs due to non hunger, and meltoff that xmas/sickness fat

- i dont measure portions, its possible im doing 10oz of ground beef a sitting

- feel fine, cut into my carbs easily, so all the pussys who bitch bout cuts, wtf, try cutting as a vegetarian

- my protein powder intake has drastically reduced to sometimes in the am, and peptopro intrawo

- I went back up the 12lbs + a few more, leaner, and thicker.....guys think im on, guys who know i use think i went back on.........truth be told i have no desire to cycle anything since the meat, when just prior i was debating tren again.....ill play this out as long as i can......chest, shoulders, upper/rear back all thickened back up to where they were and then some........iv acrued adominal fat, probably the cals from fat is my guess

not to say go off meat for 6yrs then add it for gains........but evidence of dietary manipulation at its finest for gains.....so next time you wanna cycle whatever bullshit that just came out, think about what you are doing food wise first, and change it up

Scope75
02-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Sounds like your really enjoying it.
Beef is a Beautiful thing.

DJM
02-07-2013, 01:57 PM
its a change

i still refuse to eat at places like mcds bk subway and the like because i still think they are terrible companies

i buy all hormone free organic as its the best option

i dont eat pork cause i never liked it and it dont sit well with me

mostly red meat altho im grilling a chkn as we speak as my prewo meal (w broccoli and diana sauce)

longBallLima
02-07-2013, 02:02 PM
nice, man, you should have a good run before you plateau.

get some tenderloin (or filet mignon, to me the extra on the tenderloin is still good, but you can strip it to FM) and celebrate with it. its delish and tastes good no matter what you do to it. put it through the garbage disposal and eat it or something.

Scope75
02-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Same here DJ.
I try and only eat what I make anymore.
Lots of organic or grass fed beef/chicken and bacon.
Going to look into organic bacon but if its expensive I'll stick to the regular stuff.

Rodja
02-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Same here DJ.
I try and only eat what I make anymore.
Lots of organic or grass fed beef/chicken and bacon.
Going to look into organic bacon but if its expensive I'll stick to the regular stuff.

Bacon in general has gotten more expensive. I had to drop it from my diet because I couldn't justify the cost anymore.

Cobalt
02-07-2013, 02:29 PM
i still refuse to eat at places like mcds bk subway and the like because i still think they are terrible companies

Lol, implying they serve real meat.

h2s
02-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Welcome back. haha

Scope75
02-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Bacon in general has gotten more expensive. I had to drop it from my diet because I couldn't justify the cost anymore.

I haven't bought it in years and just started so I was unaware the price has gone up. I'll have to see how much a pound it is and if I'm better off buying something else I will, or I'll just buy more ground beef and steaks.

DJM
02-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Lol, implying they serve real meat.

their practices
and yes their "meat" is fkn disgusting

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome back. haha

it feels ph-esque mirror wise

Rodja
02-07-2013, 02:46 PM
I haven't bought it in years and just started so I was unaware the price has gone up. I'll have to see how much a pound it is and if I'm better off buying something else I will, or I'll just buy more ground beef and steaks.

Even the cheaper stuff is pushing close to $5/lb. It's more of a treat these days than a staple.

Sorrow
02-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Hunh, I bought 1lb yesterday for $2.15. But Sugardale is down the road. I usually prefer Jerky as a snack.

Interesting results man! Welcome back to the dark side! I agree with the avoiding mcdonalds thing. If Im rushed for time in the morning I may get some hotcakes and hash browns but NO meat from there.

Rodja
02-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Hunh, I bought 1lb yesterday for $2.15. But Sugardale is down the road. I usually prefer Jerky as a snack.

Interesting results man! Welcome back to the dark side! I agree with the avoiding mcdonalds thing. If Im rushed for time in the morning I may get some hotcakes and hash browns but NO meat from there.

Lucky bastard. There's several farms and slaughterhouses near me and bacon prices have risen over the past year.

Global bacon shortage "unavoidable," group says - CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57519703/global-bacon-shortage-unavoidable-group-says/)

nate3993
02-07-2013, 04:24 PM
yuck. hate bacon. doesn't sit right with my stomach. also, never developed a taste for it because my parents religion is against it, so I was never fed it.

pork meat similar to human? heard this. done very little research into it though. so the theory is that because it's similar, it doesn't get absorbed as well. again, don't know if this is true or not. i do though know that a native new zealand tribe calls human, "long pork", so that adds to the theory.

BBG
02-07-2013, 04:34 PM
their practices
and yes their "meat" is fkn disgusting

- - - Updated - - -

it feels ph-esque mirror wise

Now add some steroids :cool:

USN HM 350Z
02-07-2013, 05:38 PM
yuck. hate bacon. doesn't sit right with my stomach. also, never developed a taste for it because my parents religion is against it, so I was never fed it.

pork meat similar to human? heard this. done very little research into it though. so the theory is that because it's similar, it doesn't get absorbed as well. again, don't know if this is true or not. i do though know that a native new zealand tribe calls human, "long pork", so that adds to the theory.

actually human meat absorbs and digests very easily...

weekend
02-07-2013, 06:35 PM
dj, i was vegetarian for 7 years, the last 2 were vegan. the last 6 months of the vegan i got the incredible cravings. and i started androhard in the last month of being vegan, and by the end of androhard cycle i was fully back on fish, eggs, dairy. (had not planned on this)

after that though... i kept gaining, and the red meat cravings didnt go away, and i ate a steak. gave me some mild cramps at night but that was it. the results for me were also PHesque lol

i love beef, bacon, pulled pork, cheese, turkey, chicken, everything. i crave protein now like nothing else it's honestly crazy. like i'm making up for all the meat i didn't eat before...

makes me feel bad sometimes but i buy only organic, yet i do eat out and not give a fuck at times because i don't have time to give a fuck sometimes haha

weekend
02-07-2013, 06:37 PM
organic bacon is $10+/lb in seattle ha

Scope75
02-07-2013, 06:50 PM
organic bacon is $10+/lb in seattle ha

Fuck that shit!!
Ribeye is cheaper.

longBallLima
02-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Fuck that shit!!
Ribeye is cheaper.

yah, ill take tenderloin for 12/lb, thank you

fuck bacon you fat asses!!

lol

DJM
02-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Now add some steroids :cool:

prob not for a while, one thing at a time

Sorrow
02-07-2013, 07:19 PM
prob not for a while, one thing at a time

Yeah he's already feeling swole, wouldn't want him to turn green on us!
Hulk smash!

Rulk
02-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Interesting DJ, I know you'll keep us updated. The last year I have falling out of love with beef. Might come back when I start lifting heavy and often.

xxiv
02-07-2013, 08:20 PM
its a change

change is good. Make whatever choice is right for you.

There were years I didn't drink or do drugs, I never considered myself straight edge. One day I wanted to have a drink so I did, now I don't feel like anymore so I don't, one day I will and I'll do what feels right. I might even puff again some day (if it's legal), I don't count it out.

weekend
02-07-2013, 08:38 PM
change is good. Make whatever choice is right for you.

There were years I didn't drink or do drugs, I never considered myself straight edge. One day I wanted to have a drink so I did, now I don't feel like anymore so I don't, one day I will and I'll do what feels right. I might even puff again some day (if it's legal), I don't count it out.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5t604pdLkBDNs7tVcRDtewks84hQ1k EAnPvNazXfIHMrG99NsUw

DJM
02-07-2013, 08:43 PM
mitch hedburg!!!!

Sperwer
02-07-2013, 08:43 PM

"Bacon" here is very affordable, except it isn't bacon in the Western sense; it's fattier (if you can imagine that) and neither cured or smoked; in other words, it's just pig belly. The imported stuff is expensive and I'm not enthusiastic about the way it's processed; can't get "organic" here. In late March I will be in the US and will pick up a bag of curing salt from Trader Joe and, when I get back, I'm buying a whole pork belly and will start smoking my own. I've already got a smoker that I use for BBQ/

Sperwer
02-07-2013, 08:48 PM
MEAT AFTER 6 YEARS

Welcome back to full membership in the tribe. Now can we get you to stop wearing those Birkenstocks? :rolleyes:

DJM
02-07-2013, 08:50 PM
i had to google that, wtf
might as well put a dick in my ass too

O_RYAN_007
02-07-2013, 10:19 PM
I bet BBqd meat is like a Mouth Explosion for you! Nate, get your damn head outta the gutter!

Sperwer
02-08-2013, 12:41 AM
actually human meat absorbs and digests very easily...

And you know this how?:eek:

Sperwer
02-08-2013, 12:54 AM
The Lunar New Year holidays, which is the second biggest holiday in Korea (after Korean "Thanksgiving"), started today. For the past week, the swag has been rolling in from the various suppliers and other vendors who do or want to do business with my wife's company. This is a big deal, and the gifts are rather extravagant: $225 boxes of special dried persimmons (~ 30); ditto for boxes of the tastiest Asian pears and apples imaginable (~10); cases of high-end wine; crates of various dried and fresh fish (my favorite is kalchi, which I think is known as Hairtail in English); and my favorite: kilos of literally melt-in-your mouth domestic tenderloin, sirloin and short ribs (galbi), the prices of which make even the price of imported USDA PRIME, let alone US prices, look like chump change. Even our very rich neighbor who likes to give noisy garden parties and figures he has to do something to ensure to soothe the savage foreign barbarian next door (me), who has been known to complain as rudely as possible if it's in the wee hours of the morning, send over $2,000 worth of the highest grade stuff. I just finished a lunch of grilled short ribs and will be in meat heaven as long as my new stash holds out. Sure beats sitting in a blind in upstate NY for my annual buck like I used to do (although I do miss being in the outdoors like that).

islandmagic
02-08-2013, 08:32 AM
Natural Grass Fed Beef - Cow Country Beef from Grapeland, Texas (http://www.cowcountrybeef.com/)
wildideabuffalo Welcome (http://buy.wildideabuffalo.com/)

Grape Ape
02-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Bacon ain't got shit on Porkroll, but few of you probably know what that is.

Freepressright
02-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Call me Chris Matthews is you must, but this thread gave me a thrill up my leg.

longBallLima
02-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Natural Grass Fed Beef - Cow Country Beef from Grapeland, Texas (http://www.cowcountrybeef.com/)
wildideabuffalo Welcome (http://buy.wildideabuffalo.com/)

holy shit. ill keep eating my mistreated animals that eat unnatural foods, thank you very much lol

aside from the eventual sales at sprouts

weekend
02-08-2013, 02:53 PM
wild idea buffalo looks legit, might order a little and savor some goodness

Rodja
02-08-2013, 02:58 PM
I wonder what buffalo brats taste like?

longBallLima
02-08-2013, 05:06 PM
I wonder what buffalo brats taste like?

IMO not that different

islandmagic
02-09-2013, 04:30 PM
NANF (http://www.tankabar.com)

the best snack food ever!!!! 1st person to PM me I will send you a bag

pman42
02-09-2013, 11:27 PM
i had to google that, wtf
might as well put a dick in my ass too
If you're talking about birkenstocks, they really hurt at first, like your feet are being broken apart, but then you get used to it. kinda like a dick in your ass

burlyman30
02-09-2013, 11:42 PM
If you're talking about birkenstocks, they really hurt at first, like your feet are being broken apart, but then you get used to it. kinda like a dick in your ass

I'll just have to trust your experience on that. :p

pman42
02-10-2013, 12:07 AM
hahah, i just couldn't resist that. DJ set me up so perfectly. but seriously, the first time i wore birkenstocks my arches got crazy red and sore and then developed blisters. i can't see why they're supposed to be more 'natural' or whatever, they basically just force your foot to conform to the shape of the shoe.

on to the topic, i too was veggie for a while, then vegan, then back to meat. meat can be a healthy part of a diet but too many people do it wrong-- bad quality, too much, etc. i do organic grassfed but the reality is most can't. cost, access, etc. then grassfed is extremely land INefficient-- if you've ever been to these operations, there's not that many cows on a ton of land.

long story short, i commend you, DJ, for your commitment to animal welfare. not many in the BBing crowd care about this, just macronutrients