PDA

View Full Version : My shitty blood test results.

Macdon1588
02-10-2013, 09:31 PM
I decided to get a blood test for a number of reasons ranging from an up coming attempt to conceive a child, to a general feeling of being off in different aspects of life. Namely, my lifting has been shit, as has my memory and mood.

My results are as follows:
Total test 389 (348-1197)
Free test 14 (8.7-25.1)
LH 2.7 (1.7-8.6)
FSH .8 (1.5-12.4)
Estradiol 21.6 (7.6-42.6)
SHGB 31.2 (16.5-55.9)

All of my thyroid levels checked out. Thoughts?

Ideas on elevating the right ones?

burlyman30
02-10-2013, 09:52 PM
oh boy... when was your last PH cycle? What's your age?

Macdon1588
02-10-2013, 09:59 PM
I'm 33, my last cycle was October and it was AH, AL with overkill pct. Months before that I did a Mechabol and I always wondered in my pct was bogus but I was too lazy to get tested. My job is shift work and my stress levels are nuts which doesn't help.

O.N.
02-11-2013, 05:33 AM
I'd been keen for you to give res100 a try and show the rest of the board what can happen, it would help increase the FSH too we have seen this before with someone trying to have a child and also the PS will help with the cortisol from the stress.

Rodja
02-11-2013, 07:56 AM
Your results are a bit odd in that your LH and FSH are low, but your free test isn't that bad.

What's your nutrition looking like right now?

O.N.
02-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Your results are a bit odd in that your LH and FSH are low, but your free test isn't that bad.

body chemistry is simply out of wack from the cycle this is why limiting hormones will be lesser and help to raise the free portion of testosterone such as SHBG, estrogen, cortisol.

Rodja
02-11-2013, 08:06 AM
body chemistry is simply out of wack from the cycle this is why limiting hormones will be lesser and help to raise the free portion of testosterone such as SHBG, estrogen, cortisol.

A cycle that is very low in terms on suppression and was nearly 6 months ago. If this was fresh off a PCT, then it would be understandable, but this is not the case. He can't focus too much on lowering SHBG as it also binds E2 in addition to test.

O.N.
02-11-2013, 08:14 AM
A cycle that is very low in terms on suppression and was nearly 6 months ago. If this was fresh off a PCT, then it would be understandable, but this is not the case. He can't focus too much on lowering SHBG as it also binds E2 in addition to test.

ahh i see sorry im up late here trying to be online when you guys are online thought it was soon after PCT.

Also not saying to lower those hormones im saying they are lower in order to keep the free portion of testosterone higher.

His production of LH and FSH are low and because his body can sense this it is compensation by lowering SHBG, estrogen and possibly cortisol which was not in the blood results.

Macdon1588
02-11-2013, 08:32 AM
Thanks guys for the input. Right now my diet is a keto diet with a re-feed every seven days.

Macdon1588
02-11-2013, 08:35 AM
I'd been keen for you to give res100 a try and show the rest of the board what can happen, it would help increase the FSH too we have seen this before with someone trying to have a child and also the PS will help with the cortisol from the stress.

I really appreciate this offer. I think my first step is a chat with my doctor. I'm not very optimistic that he'll have great advice, but he might refer my to a urologist so that I can make sure this isn't a tumor or some sort of dysfunction requiring medical attention.

Rodja
02-11-2013, 08:37 AM
Thanks guys for the input. Right now my diet is a keto diet with a re-feed every seven days.

Deficit? If so, then it's very common for your numbers to be out of whack.

Macdon1588
02-11-2013, 08:46 AM

I thought that the free test was an interesting outlier.

Macdon1588
02-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Deficit? If so, then it's very common for your numbers to be out of whack.

Well calorie wise, I've been staying around a 2000 - 2300 a day. Do you think that could be it?

Macdon1588
02-11-2013, 08:53 AM
One of the drivers of getting the test in the first place is for three or so months, I've felt like I haven't been dealing with stress very well. I figured it was just the time of the year and my schedule at work had been really shitty. I will say that when I was taking AL, AH, and I forgot to mention Androenhance, I felt fucking awesome. Could that be cortisol related?

Rodja
02-11-2013, 09:07 AM
Well calorie wise, I've been staying around a 2000 - 2300 a day. Do you think that could be it?

This seems very low to me for a considerable period of time.

One of the drivers of getting the test in the first place was for three or so months, I've felt like I haven't been dealing with stress very well. I figured it was just the time of the year and my schedule at work had been really shitty. I will say that when I was taking AL, AH, and I forgot to mention Androenhance, I felt fucking awesome. Could that be cortisol related?

Cortisol is a little overblown these days.

Macdon1588
02-11-2013, 09:09 AM
I've been around that 2300 mark for a month or so perhaps that could be it.

Jelisej
02-11-2013, 09:22 AM
I decided to get a blood test for a number of reasons ranging from an up coming attempt to conceive a child, to a general feeling of being off in different aspects of life. Namely, my lifting has been shit, as has my memory and mood.

My results are as follows:
Total test 389 (348-1197)
Free test 14 (8.7-25.1)
LH 2.7 (1.7-8.6)
FSH .8 (1.5-12.4)
Estradiol 21.6 (7.6-42.6)
SHGB 31.2 (16.5-55.9)

All of my thyroid levels checked out. Thoughts?

Ideas on elevating the right ones?

What were results of your thyroid hormones? What about adrenal hormones?
Your free test is maybe inaccurate.
Thing to looks for is do you have lot of aromatisation (probably yes) and your pituary gland function- you LH and FSH are low but they come in peaks, so it not easy to get a bigger picture at this moment.
Other thing is- your adrenals are probably burned up, and you'll need to sort out them first as your cortisol will probably be low, then maybe top up thyroid (if needed) and then comes testosterone.

Macdon1588
02-11-2013, 09:58 AM
What were results of your thyroid hormones? What about adrenal hormones?
Your free test is maybe inaccurate.
Thing to looks for is do you have lot of aromatisation (probably yes) and your pituary gland function- you LH and FSH are low but they come in peaks, so it not easy to get a bigger picture at this moment.
Other thing is- your adrenals are probably burned up, and you'll need to sort out them first as your cortisol will probably be low, then maybe top up thyroid (if needed) and then comes testosterone.

I didn't get the adrenals. I'm not sure on the best test for those.

Jelisej
02-11-2013, 10:25 AM
Ok, your thyroid hormones on paper dont look OK (could be better though- they should be in 60-95% range)- but thyroid hormones need good adrenals (cortisol) levels to enter the cells, so if cortisol is not sufficient then you are "subclinical hypothyroid".
Other thing is your T4-T3, that seems slightly off- it can be because keto diet- you need to add more selenium, little bit of zinc as well.
For adrenals- you may check progesterone and cortisol (main), DHEA(s) is ok- others are inaccurate (pregnenolone, aldosterone).
Stress is a murder for adrenals- first your cortisol goes up but this cant go for too long, and what happens then is your body starts pumping up adrenaline to keep you going but that has very negative on rest of your hormones.
Try to avoid stress as much as possible, avoid stimulants- coffeine etc... Make sure you get enough of sleep- if you dont have a good sleeps you will not be able to fix your hormones. Also try to not train too much at this moment.
After few weeks your hormones (incl. testosterone) hopefully will start recovering, if not then you'll have to take it to next level.

Nice table showing thyroid vs adrenal symptoms:
Adrenal Fatigue versus Hypothyroidism - DrLam (http://www.drlam.com/articles/adrenalfatiguevshypothyroidism.asp)

Macdon1588
02-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Ok, your thyroid hormones on paper dont look OK (could be better though- they should be in 60-95% range)- but thyroid hormones need good adrenals (cortisol) levels to enter the cells, so if cortisol is not sufficient then you are "subclinical hypothyroid".
Other thing is your T4-T3, that seems slightly off- it can be because keto diet- you need to add more selenium, little bit of zinc as well.
For adrenals- you may check progesterone and cortisol (main), DHEA(s) is ok- others are inaccurate (pregnenolone, aldosterone).
Stress is a murder for adrenals- first your cortisol goes up but this cant go for too long, and what happens then is your body starts pumping up adrenaline to keep you going but that has very negative on rest of your hormones.
Try to avoid stress as much as possible, avoid stimulants- coffeine etc... Make sure you get enough of sleep- if you dont have a good sleeps you will not be able to fix your hormones. Also try to not train too much at this moment.
After few weeks your hormones (incl. testosterone) hopefully will start recovering, if not then you'll have to take it to next level.

Nice table showing thyroid vs adrenal symptoms:
Adrenal Fatigue versus Hypothyroidism - DrLam (http://www.drlam.com/articles/adrenalfatiguevshypothyroidism.asp)

Thanks for this.