PDA

View Full Version : Sustain Alpha permanantly reducing acne?

Anonymous
02-19-2013, 11:41 PM
I used 1/3rd of the old SA on my back and I hardly get acne there anymore still, meanwhile my face is still hit with the same. This could be coincidence but I am wondering if it's possible SA has some long term effects where applied? I still have some SA left and I'm going to just use it on my face now and see if it clears me up and also see if it happens to stay that way.

I'm wondering if topical resveratrol is the answer. It ups and downs specific estrogen receptors in our favor, but could it possible have long term effect on the receptors?

O_RYAN_007
02-20-2013, 06:15 AM
I'll tell you that I've used topical SA on my back for a couple months and since then, I've really noticed that I don't get much acne on my bad anymore (even while on cycle). I've been on cycle now for about 6 wks and I've only gotten 2-3 small pimps on my back. I used to get really bad ones on my upper back. I have a couple bottles of SA that I'm holding and using as needed. I love this stuff, its done wonders for me. I've also used it on my face with the same type of results.

Freepressright was the one that brought SA up to our attention for being a great acne killer. I'm very glad that he did.

Freepressright
02-20-2013, 07:36 AM
I used to get very severe back acne - almost cystic acne. I noticed a drastic reduction in my acne when I first used topical Dermacrine (contains resveratrol). And then when I did my PCT with topical Sustain Alpha, my back acne went into total remission and stayed that way for several months.

It mildly flared up a couple times on cycle, but never to the degree that it used to be. I don't have any back acne at all anymore. It's gone.

A few months after my experience, I read an article on topical resveratrol and its potency as an acne fighter. Here is the article, with references to a study:

Resveratrol Linked to Fighting Acne / Truth In Aging (http://www.truthinaging.com/face/resveratrol-linked-to-fighting-acne)

I would sparingly apply some SA to parts of your face first to see how you react. If it doesn't irritate your skin, use it to your advantage.

Anonymous
02-20-2013, 07:48 PM
So there is some merit. When my one bottle of SA runs out I might as well break open some resveratrol gels or get some topics out there.

Freepressright
02-21-2013, 08:17 AM
Even though I won't personally do business with them because of a bad experience, Protoype Nutrition makes R-Spray, a topical resveratrol. It would probably be good for acne.

Jelisej
02-21-2013, 09:10 AM
Freepressright, you deserve a lot of credit as you pointed resveratrol (and SA) as treatment for acne while back ago- even before that article was written.

Freepressright
02-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Thank you, J.

I suffered with very bad acne as a teenager. After adulthood, I would still get occasional and sporadic facial acne, but I was slammed hard with body acne, particularly on my back. After I started shaving my chest and stomach, I'd get it there too.

I'd tried a back scrubber and multiple body washes and really didn't make much of a difference. I even used the Clean and Clear with the benzyl peroxide in it with high hopes, but it was a pain in the ass to keep up with and the cost to benefit ratio was virtually non-existent.

It was just dumb luck that my Dermacrine cycle led me to the answer. It wasn't until later that I found the study.

SA is a miracle for acne, IMHO. The remission period is what is most astonishing to me.

sandman
02-21-2013, 10:13 AM
glad to see it works for acne since it was pretty much useless for everything else

Fat Bill Dwyer
02-21-2013, 10:27 AM
I actually liked SA topical, plumped up the boys real nice.

Freepressright
02-21-2013, 10:36 AM
glad to see it works for acne since it was pretty much useless for everything else

That's a pretty uncommon opinion about SA. I'd argue that it works too well. One pump of the gel is all I can tolerate. Anything more and it crushes my estrogen to a very noticeable level.

sandman
02-21-2013, 04:13 PM
That's a pretty uncommon opinion about SA. I'd argue that it works too well. One pump of the gel is all I can tolerate. Anything more and it crushes my estrogen to a very noticeable level.

gel? is there a new sustain?

Enuke65
02-21-2013, 08:15 PM
gel? is there a new sustain?

There was a new one, for like a month, and then PP got raided. It was SA in PP's new topical carrier, came out around the same time as androenhance and the gel dermacrine

O_RYAN_007
02-21-2013, 08:25 PM
Its awesome! I got a bottle of the old topical sa and the new gel. :)))

milehighguy
02-21-2013, 09:06 PM

Agreed, I don't think I have heard anyone say that before but I also know everyone reacts differently... Personally I think it is a must have in PCT regardless of what your running.

therealest77
02-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Thank you, J.

I suffered with very bad acne as a teenager. After adulthood, I would still get occasional and sporadic facial acne, but I was slammed hard with body acne, particularly on my back. After I started shaving my chest and stomach, I'd get it there too.

I'd tried a back scrubber and multiple body washes and really didn't make much of a difference. I even used the Clean and Clear with the benzyl peroxide in it with high hopes, but it was a pain in the ass to keep up with and the cost to benefit ratio was virtually non-existent.

It was just dumb luck that my Dermacrine cycle led me to the answer. It wasn't until later that I found the study.

SA is a miracle for acne, IMHO. The remission period is what is most astonishing to me.

Very good info there FreePress

HD48
02-25-2013, 08:00 AM
SA was huge for me!!! I am only 32 and have low T, pretty much always have due to thyroid issues. (never ran any AAS) But because of my age, I dont want to start TRT, even though the primary and endo have offered. Due to the low T, i have struggled with libido issues. My levels are checked twice a year. Usually April, and September. Last was in Sept and it was 316. Obvioulsy anyone with Low T knows how shitty you can feel. When I found SA topical, it was huge, because I felt like a normal guy my age again. My marriage imporved greatly(sexually), felt great, good moods, etc. Now that PP is gone, and there is no SA, it sucks!! I havent found anything natural that has rivalled SA. I cant beleive that nobody would jump on it, seeing how theres a huge demand, and it included all natural ingredients.....

Freepressright
02-25-2013, 08:56 AM
Don't go without. This is a suitable replacement:

R-Spray 2-Pack (https://www.prototypenutrition.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=R2PK)

sandman
02-26-2013, 12:26 PM
never tried the gel carrier but from experience PP had some of the worst topical carriers on the market

Freepressright
02-26-2013, 01:02 PM
I didn't care for the OHV lotion carrier either. It was effective, though. It was just a pain in the ass to rub in and dry and left sort of a sticky residue behind. The gel, on the other hand, dried completely in a very quick timeframe.

- - - Updated - - -

I am curious, however, as to why you said earlier that SA was useless for everything else. You never explained yourself. Have you ever used the product? If so, what were your results?

nate3993
02-26-2013, 04:40 PM
Worst carriers? I think many would argue they had some of the best. Has anyone else made as effective topical pro hormones as PP did? I don't think so. They were the king of topicals.

markam
02-26-2013, 06:35 PM
What a coincidence sandman thinks PP's topical carrier is crap, and right hook thinks that using grapefruit in Andromass, etc, is also crap.
They both joined Nov 2012 and right hook works for AMS, Forerunner and I can only guess as to who Sandman works for. Anyway, PP has sadly gone, so reps are going to talk down PP to get business for their company, AMS??? Whatever.

I for one don't like this crap. I'm sure there will be a 'witty' response to this. Again, Whatever.

Freepressright
02-26-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm just waiting for them to qualify their answer with some sort of fact-based analysis. To say Sustain Alpha was "useless" and did nothing, when the Internet is full of people who would testify to the contrary, is laughable.

I didn't like the maintenance of the OHV topical carrier, but it worked. PP, however, hit it out of the park with the gel carrier.

markam
02-26-2013, 06:52 PM
I've used Androenhance and the gel carrier is a big improvement, and I have some gel sustain and Dermacrine stashed away. But I'm also glad I have a few old carrier Dermacrine and Sustain, I mean, the shit works, that's what matters. Ok, it's not as convenient as the gel, but they were the best products of their type and probably still are.

Freepressright
02-26-2013, 07:18 PM
It was much harder to rub the OHV carrier into your scrotum without having sticky balls most of the day. The gel was a refreshing change :)

markam
02-26-2013, 07:56 PM
It was much harder to rub the OHV carrier into your scrotum without having sticky balls most of the day. The gel was a refreshing change :)

Yep, TMI. LOL

Jelisej
02-27-2013, 09:41 AM
I found topical sustain alpha to be very inconvinient, after applying it I used to be wet from ear to ear. It was not strong enough to lower my E2 either, but for some other folks it was- so it depends from person to person. Resveratrol was good for skin.
I liked benzoflavone and was main reason why I used to buy SA. So overall I would say SA was/is a nice sporting supplement, I used it and always bought it with discount, and would probably used it if its still here but I would never pay full price for it, and definitely will not buy any of "carbon copies" from other companies. Most of those supps look good on paper, and when they describe it, it sounds like "must have" but usualy they are not worth the money.
One day maybe will people start to understand what I was sayin' till I went blue in the face-if you're hypothyroid use thyroid meds, if testosterone levels cannot be fix go on TRT, if E2 levels cannot be fixed use proper AI, through "official channels" these will be not so expensive and once underlying problem is fixed- libido will improve, energy levels will go up.... etc

As for resveratrol this is what they falsely claimed: Moderate drinking of red wine has long been known to reduce the risk of heart disease. This is best known as "the French paradox".
Resveratrol may have benefits on heart health but "French paradox" is not one of them.

burlyman30
02-27-2013, 09:56 AM
I found topical sustain alpha to be very inconvinient, after applying it I used to be wet from ear to ear. It was not strong enough to lower my E2 either, but for some other folks it was- so it depends from person to person. Resveratrol was good for skin.
I liked benzoflavone and was main reason why I used to buy SA. So overall I would say SA was/is a nice sporting supplement, I used it and always bought it with discount, and would probably used it if its still here but I would never pay full price for it, and definitely will not buy any of "carbon copies" from other companies. Most of those supps look good on paper, and when they describe it, it sounds like "must have" but usualy they are not worth the money.
One day maybe will people start to understand what I was sayin' till I went blue in the face-if you're hypothyroid use thyroid meds, if testosterone levels cannot be fix go on TRT, if E2 levels cannot be fixed use proper AI, through "official channels" these will be not so expensive and once underlying problem is fixed- libido will improve, energy levels will go up.... etc

As for resveratrol this is what they falsely claimed: Moderate drinking of red wine has long been known to reduce the risk of heart disease. This is best known as "the French paradox".
Resveratrol may have benefits on heart health but "French paradox" is not one of them.

Interesting about the French Paradox... I've heard that for years. Now I'm going to have to come up with another reason for my red wine drinking. :)

I know there are a lot of Sustain Alpha fans so I wasn't going to say anything, but now that you spoke up about your results with it, I would have to echo them. For some odd reason, it did precious little for me. Little to no effect on estrogen nor testosterone for some reason. I only used the topical and though I didn't care for the cream carrier, I tolerated it for the sake of seeing results. I know Sustain worked for a lot of people and people loved it. I just wasn't one of them. Maybe my skin is thick as a rhino...

ricroc
02-20-2014, 04:45 PM
I found this thread via a Google search for SA. I, too, have suffered some severe, cystic adult acne. My back used to be bad, but it has calmed down now.

Freepressright, you had mentioned using Dermacrine on your back and had some success. You had also recommended another resveratrol spray.

Which do think is better? I'm a fan of BPS, but was wondering if the other ingredients in there might have side effects. Obviously, there is that risk, but figured I'd ask.

Thanks. Great thread by the way. I think AndroFactory is coming out with something similar to SA.

ricroc
02-20-2014, 04:48 PM
Found this study, thought it might be helpful:

Application of Topical Resveratrol with Benzoyl Peroxide for the Treatment of Acne - Available technology for licensing from UCLA (http://techtransfer.universityofcalifornia.edu/NCD/23189.html)

hardestgainer
02-20-2014, 08:37 PM
Cant believe I totally missed this. I never got acne on my back until after my first cycle a couple years ago and ever since its kinda just stuck around, but I got shafted with bad facial acne genetics so its always been a problem. Ive got an old bottle of the original SA so Ill have to give it a shot. Maybe I'll pick up some R-spray, Ive been hesitant to order from prototype though. I wish he'd give more info on his products on his website though