PDA

View Full Version : probiotic narcotics

iron
02-22-2013, 01:36 AM
just thought id share my recent health related find...kefir. not the kind you buy at whole foods that has 10 strains of good bacteria i mean the homemade kind with what reported 50-60. i use it as a base for my protein shakes it contains b-vitamins too and the cool thing about it is it's a living thing that just keeps on giving you fresh kefir everyday

Kefir - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kefir)
Yemoos Nourishing Cultures FAQ: Kefir Grains 101 - Milk Kefir (http://www.yemoos.com/faqmgrains101.html)

Rulk
02-22-2013, 04:06 AM
So what exactly does this do for you?

Jelisej
02-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Kefir and other probiotics are really good stuff. it really makes my guts to work bit better.

iron
02-22-2013, 05:16 PM
So what exactly does this do for you?

it balances and enhances the micro-flora in your gut leading to better digestion absorption of vitamins and minerals and increases your immune response

nate3993
02-23-2013, 05:03 AM
metagenics is the best i've ever used. i take it daily.

Rulk
02-23-2013, 07:24 AM
I can dig it. Sounds like something very beneficial.

Jelisej
02-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Yeah, very good thread started by Iron. Kefir and probiotics in general are very underestimated. I would give higher rating to kefir than to commercial probiotic with overinflated prices. Altough "leaky gut syndrome" is not generaly accepted by mainstream medicine there is a lot of truth in there. Lot of inflammation comes from gut, and unbalanced gut flora causes lot of problem and majority of us have unbalanced gut flora- lot of medications (especially antibiotics) kill gut bacteria- and these bacterias are responsible for digestion/absorbtion of lot of vitamins and minerals.
Also low thyroid and adrenals limit gut bacteria growth, and enzymes as well- so this could possibly have an effect on muscle growth.
Kefir is much more simpler and certainly more human treatment than "fecal transplant".