PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question. NAC, Milk Thistle & Prohormones

markam
02-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Quick question: Would taking NAC, Milk Thistle the same time as pro hormones be ok? If not, how long before taking pro hormones should you allow? I understand that it's beneficial to take Aegis at the same time (need confirmation) but not sure about Milk Thistle and NAC. You'd think this would be an easy google search, but I haven't had any luck.

BTW If you're supplementing with zinc, make sure you are getting adequate copper. Magnesium and Potassium are also important in this case.

burlyman30
02-24-2013, 07:01 PM
Quick question: Would taking NAC, Milk Thistle the same time as pro hormones be ok? If not, how long before taking pro hormones should you allow? I understand that it's beneficial to take Aegis at the same time (need confirmation) but not sure about Milk Thistle and NAC. You'd think this would be an easy google search, but I haven't had any luck.

BTW If you're supplementing with zinc, make sure you are getting adequate copper. Magnesium and Potassium are also important in this case.

Brolore says to preload milk thistle for two weeks prior to cycle then take it through cycle. I never really bought into the preload premise myself, so I ran it all through the cycle and PCT.

markam
02-25-2013, 04:53 AM
Brolore says to preload milk thistle for two weeks prior to cycle then take it through cycle. I never really bought into the preload premise myself, so I ran it all through the cycle and PCT.

Yeah, heard that also. The one that's important to preload is Hawthorn as it initially spikes blood pressure. (I know you know this, just saying anyway).

I'm really wondering if I took NAC, milk thistle and a prohormone together, (at the same time), whether it would be detrimental to the pro hormones efficacy?

jw390898
02-25-2013, 08:36 AM
^Hawthorn yes, thistle or NAC no.

Personally if using NAC I would not bother with Thistle, far greater support for the benefits of use with NAC on the liver.

I also think it highly unlikely to concern yourself with affecting the PH itself by supplementing with either or both. You could if happier dose them apart and look at half lifes for all products concerned but I would be amazed if any difference would be made and if so that it would have negative impact on the cycle.

I think sometimes in excitement and anticipation it is easy to over analyze :-)

markam
02-25-2013, 09:08 AM
^Hawthorn yes, thistle or NAC no. I guess you're referring to preloading here, yes?

Personally if using NAC I would not bother with Thistle, far greater support for the benefits of use with NAC on the liver.

I also think it highly unlikely to concern yourself with affecting the PH itself by supplementing with either or both. You could if happier dose them apart and look at half lifes for all products concerned but I would be amazed if any difference would be made and if so that it would have negative impact on the cycle. OK, so not to worry about taking liver support sups at the same time as PHs.

I think sometimes in excitement and anticipation it is easy to over analyze :-) Yep, but it's something I've wondered about from time to time and eventually I need to find the answer, however trivial. LOL

Thanks for the help.

longBallLima
02-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Jumping in and hijacking. What helped you guys' urinary function? Seems that Saw Palmetto isn't all it promised but was wondering if anything else helps the prostate or even kidneys.

Can't call it an issue, but I can notice some difference in the stream during cycle.

PS. - These may all be ignorant inquiries.

markam
02-25-2013, 11:41 AM
Jumping in and hijacking. What helped you guys' urinary function? Seems that Saw Palmetto isn't all it promised but was wondering if anything else helps the prostate or even kidneys.

Can't call it an issue, but I can notice some difference in the stream during cycle.

PS. - These may all be ignorant inquiries.

Try upping the dose on Saw Palmetto, it works for me but it does take a while to kick in. I bought some bulk powder Saw Palmetto and made caps up containing about 600mgs extract. Cheap and it works.

longBallLima
02-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Try upping the dose on Saw Palmetto, it works for me but it does take a while to kick in. I bought some bulk powder Saw Palmetto and made caps up containing about 600mgs extract. Cheap and it works.

Thanks bud, i'll give it a go!

burlyman30
02-25-2013, 11:54 AM
Though some have theorized that liver support reduces effectiveness of oral PH or AAS, I can say that I have always seen the effects of those compounds just fine while using strong liver supports (TUDCA or TUDCA + milk thistle). I would say if it does diminish the effectiveness, it is at a level that is not noticeable or measurable. Since you only have one liver, I propose that you keep it as healthy as possible on cycle and get it back to normal function asap in PCT.

longBallLima
02-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Though some have theorized that liver support reduces effectiveness of oral PH or AAS, I can say that I have always seen the effects of those compounds just fine while using strong liver supports (TUDCA or TUDCA + milk thistle). I would say if it does diminish the effectiveness, it is at a level that is not noticeable or measurable.

HAH very interesting stuff burly, not questioning your info, but just interested. you got any sawce on this?

jw390898
02-25-2013, 12:44 PM
Though some have theorized that liver support reduces effectiveness of oral PH or AAS, I can say that I have always seen the effects of those compounds just fine while using strong liver supports (TUDCA or TUDCA + milk thistle). I would say if it does diminish the effectiveness, it is at a level that is not noticeable or measurable. Since you only have one liver, I propose that you keep it as healthy as possible on cycle and get it back to normal function asap in PCT.
x2 this

markam
02-25-2013, 12:55 PM
I never meant not to use liver support sups, just whether they could be taken together,
i.e. 8am: NAC, Milk thistle, Mechabol.

jw390898
02-25-2013, 01:16 PM
Yep

dacookiemonsta
05-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Interested in bumping this for a bit since I'm currently on a cycle and have been using tudca for liver support.

I've ran 15+ oral cycles. Always used milk thistle (well not always at one point i didnt know what liver support was). Regardless never had any liver issues.

Running dmz 2.0 (which I realize is hardcore toxic shit but I'm using tudca but no milk thistle for once).. 2 weeks in..

I have a decent amount of discomfort in my abdomen and my mouth tastes like there's iron in it. I'm probably throwing the rest of that shit in the garbage.

jw390898
05-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Throwing the Tudca or DMZ?

dacookiemonsta
05-09-2013, 11:19 PM
Throwing the Tudca or DMZ?

The dmz. I didn't make that very clear the way I worded it. Admittedly.. Gotta be 100% honest.. I had a Wedding Reception Saturday night and I had a few more drinks than I should have. By few let's say like 15. I felt a little off the following couple days and I felt like shit yesterday and today... In hindsight maybe I should have given my liver a break sunday and not taken the dmz then.

I'm at least going to take a day off from it tomorrow. Probably two days off. See how I feel by the end of those 2 days. I know pulsing isn't advised but I gotta listen to my body. I'm not going to go get bloods done yet at this point.

The thing was the first 12-13 days I felt fine. I might have myself to blame.

The other issue was I don't really have the money right now to pickup another bottle of tudca so I ordered some liv 52.. I might just wait till it arrives.. And take that and milk thistle. So I might end up doing something like a 2 week on 2 week off 2 week on regimen if that's when the stuff gets here.

I could be overreacting here but when you're taking a hardcore toxic oral and some weird shit starts happening.. Well..

I guess I'm not 22-23 anymore and I need to keep that in mind.

burlyman30
05-09-2013, 11:24 PM
I guess I'm not 22-23 anymore and I need to keep that in mind.

The more you try to ignore this fact, the more the body will remind you. lol. You've only got one set of organs. Once they go, you're done. Take good care of yourself, man.

dacookiemonsta
05-25-2013, 12:37 PM
I want to give an update on this because I found it interesting. I decided a few days ago to try to finish off my bottle of dmz 2.0.

Had a couple days left of tudca and been taking milk thistle in addition. Liv 52 just arrived so I was covered once the tudca ran out.

My 3rd day back on was last night... Yesterday again I started to get that metallic taste in the back of my mouth. It got considerably worse at night.

As I go to brush my teeth for whatever reason I decide to look at at the back of my tongue/throat...

In the back half of my tongue is a decently thick white coating that extends, when I looked closer, to about 65% of my tongue that gets thinner as it goes towards the tip and eventually disappears.

I believe I actually have thrush. I got online and there were a couple articles that very briefly mentioned a link to oral anabolics and thrush but it was no more than briefly.. Obviously the main thing was a weakened immune system since this apparently a fungal infection.. No I don't have AIDS.

Given the fact I've done some harsh oral cycles this is baffling but again kind of interesting to me. I mean I've had two flare ups of this now and both were in the last month while taking dmz 2.0. Surely that's not just coincidence.

Grape Ape
05-25-2013, 09:58 PM
Irrelevant to the conversation really, but I've always thought of IML to be the IDS of today's designer game, as far as formulation goes.

Anyway, I hope things get better for you man. I have no real advice, but maybe stop running harsh oral cycles.