Mar 3, 2013 Saitama Super Arena, Saitama, Japan

Wanderlei Silva vs Brian Stann
Steven Struve vs Mark Hunt
Diego Sanchez vs Takanori Gomi
Hector Lomabard vs Yushin Okami

Rulk
02-27-2013, 01:28 AM
Wanderlei Silva vs Brian Stann By KO 1st round
Steven Struve vs Mark Hunt UD. Beware the triangle Mark! and don't gas.
Diego Sanchez vs Takanori Gomi UD
Hector Lomabard vs Yushin Okami UD

Rodja
02-27-2013, 07:47 AM
I'm very afraid that this is the last time we will see Wanderlei fight.

Rulk
02-27-2013, 07:39 PM
I'm very afraid that this is the last time we will see Wanderlei fight.

I wish for one last fight for him, since he's near the end of his career. Vs Belfort is what I want to see. Him being in Japan again, i'm hoping for another encore performance akin to the Pride years. Rodja, how do you see this going down?

longBallLima
02-27-2013, 11:05 PM

Hate Diego and hate Lombard, but I think they win.
Wanderlei gets KO'd. Super good guy, but IMO, overrated in his prime and WAY WAY past said prime.

tallstraw
02-28-2013, 01:02 AM
Mar 3, 2013 Saitama Super Arena, Saitama, Japan

Wanderlei Silva vs Brian Stann-No contest

decided

Rodja
02-28-2013, 08:31 AM
I wish for one last fight for him, since he's near the end of his career. Vs Belfort is what I want to see. Him being in Japan again, i'm hoping for another encore performance akin to the Pride years. Rodja, how do you see this going down?

Not well.

Hate Diego and hate Lombard, but I think they win.
Wanderlei gets KO'd. Super good guy, but IMO, overrated in his prime and WAY WAY past said prime.

Blasphemy. Wand is easily in the top-3 of GOAT at LHW.

longBallLima
02-28-2013, 10:08 AM
Not well.

Blasphemy. Wand is easily in the top-3 of GOAT at LHW.

nah, he's got some quality wins, but the japanese loved seeing him crushing some asian cans, so they fed him that a lot

I think he's a good fighter with a good record, but i dont consider him top-5, hence the overrated opinion

Rodja
02-28-2013, 10:18 AM
nah, he's got some quality wins, but the japanese loved seeing him crushing some asian cans, so they fed him that a lot

I think he's a good fighter with a good record, but i dont consider him top-5, hence the overrated opinion

Who fills out your list then?

longBallLima
02-28-2013, 11:22 AM
Who fills out your list then?

actually, come to think about it, i concede, wanderlei is top 5,

LHW just does not have enough talent in it to fill that list

in no particular order
jones already (hate the prick)
chuck
frank (i know ill catch shit for this one)
henderson (pride MW)
wand

Shogun had a good short run and Tito, well, what to say about tito... neither makes it to top5

the mere fact that Tito is top 10 is proof of the lack of talent in that division

So I correct myself, Wand is top 5

Rodja
02-28-2013, 12:02 PM
actually, come to think about it, i concede, wanderlei is top 5,

LHW just does not have enough talent in it to fill that list

in no particular order
jones already (hate the prick)
chuck
frank (i know ill catch shit for this one)
henderson (pride MW)
wand

Shogun had a good short run and Tito, well, what to say about tito... neither makes it to top5

the mere fact that Tito is top 10 is proof of the lack of talent in that division

So I correct myself, Wand is top 5

Frank was a pioneer and a legend, but his run was too short. Hendo's record at LHW isn't actually that great and it's hard to even qualify him as a LHW since most of his career has not been at that particular weight class. He's had a great run recently at LHW, but he lost nearly every fight in Pride when he moved up above 183 (Pride WW).

longBallLima
02-28-2013, 02:10 PM
Frank was a pioneer and a legend, but his run was too short. Hendo's record at LHW isn't actually that great and it's hard to even qualify him as a LHW since most of his career has not been at that particular weight class. He's had a great run recently at LHW, but he lost nearly every fight in Pride when he moved up above 183 (Pride WW).

he had a decent LHW (MW) run in pride. Bustamante, shogun, the title.

but thats just it, in LHW i really cant find many fighters with incredible achievements. and i will say this, i find "old" dan an annoying cry baby

Rodja
02-28-2013, 02:16 PM
he had a decent LHW (MW) run in pride. Bustamante, shogun, the title.

but thats just it, in LHW i really cant find many fighters with incredible achievements. and i will say this, i find "old" dan an annoying cry baby

Busta was at Pride WW (183) and he fought Shogun in the UFC, not Pride.

longBallLima
02-28-2013, 02:33 PM
he fought busta 2x and you're right, he fought Ninja, not Shogun in pride, im a dumbass

Rodja
02-28-2013, 02:49 PM
he fought busta 2x and you're right, he fought Ninja, not Shogun in pride, im a dumbass

His KO over Busta really established Hendo and started the end of Busta's reign.

longBallLima
02-28-2013, 02:51 PM
His KO over Busta really established Hendo and started the end of Busta's reign.

he KO'd busta at LHW (pride MW)

Rodja
02-28-2013, 07:31 PM
he KO'd busta at LHW (pride MW)

I know, but that was the beginning of the end for Busta. He lost to Rampage before this fight, but the decision was questionable and on very short notice.

hemanthjava
03-02-2013, 05:57 AM
Watch UFC on FUEL TV Silva vs Stann live streaming Online here. UFC on Fuel TV: Silva vs. Stann is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on March 3, 2013 at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan.

UFC on FUEL TV: Silva vs. Stann Live Stream Online (http://www.sportsbun.com/mma-fights/ufc/ufc-on-fuel-tv-silva-vs-stann-live-stream-online/)

Rulk
03-04-2013, 04:49 AM
Kind of random, but I see a Mark Hunt vs. Roy Nelson match up in the future.

longBallLima
03-04-2013, 05:24 AM
alright, so that was a huge surprise. I hear that Wand is becoming quite the national hero back in Brazil.

BTW, Brazilians are dumbasses when it comes to sports idols and such, i hate the sports following culture in that country (although I'm a rabid soccer fan).

Gomi was robbed. I think this is the 3rd garcision Sanchez gets. God, that kid annoys me.

Okami beating Lombard, did not see that coming. The hype is fading the Hector approaches the chopping block, as his contract is very expensive.

Rulk
03-05-2013, 04:24 AM
alright, so that was a huge surprise. I hear that Wand is becoming quite the national hero back in Brazil.

BTW, Brazilians are dumbasses when it comes to sports idols and such, i hate the sports following culture in that country (although I'm a rabid soccer fan).

Gomi was robbed. I think this is the 3rd garcision Sanchez gets. God, that kid annoys me.

Okami beating Lombard, did not see that coming. The hype is fading the Hector approaches the chopping block, as his contract is very expensive.

Wand vs Stann was a great fight. It looked like it could've gone either way for a minute.

I wasn't too surprised that Okami beat Lombard. After his loss to Chael, he started training in wrestling WITH Chael. After that he made a big run for the belt with his newfound wrestling base. It made the difference in this fight, and looks like that is Lombard's weakness.