PDA

View Full Version : Dosage timing with Aegis (TUDCA), NAC, Milk thistle and Prohormones.

markam
03-04-2013, 05:23 AM
According to Jake from Antaeus, you can dose Liver support supplements with prohormones at the same time. There will be no negative impact on the prohormone by doing this.

From Jake: "Take Aegis and Talos along with Mechabol, and with meals. You can take
milk thistle and NAC at the same time, if you'd like. Dietary fats, in
large enough quantities, can dramatically improve the gastrointestinal
absorption of lipophilic supplement ingredients.... like mechabol,
resveratrol, CoQ10, silybin (to some degree), and many others..."

This could be moved to the questions forum if it's implemented.

markam
03-04-2013, 06:09 AM
More from Jake:
(I had mentioned taking mechabol, Aegis, Talos with 5 gms coconut oil.)

"Liver supports won't decrease & should even increase absorption. (TUDCA
and sodium taurocholate are actually 'oral penetration enhancers' of a
sort -- they can solubilize lipophilic/poorly-bioavailable ingredients &
increase the extent and rate of their absorption. And PPC is, pound for
pound, better than dietary fats.)

...That said, there's some alarming data re: milk thistle decreasing
androgen receptor function, but I don't think that it's 'clinically
relevant', so I see no harm in taking milk thistle...

5gms coconut oil is much (!) better than nothing... but I'd still suggest
that you take these products with a full meal. Three primary reasons:
(A) The type of fat doesn't particularly matter, (B) an average meal will
contain well over 5g in fats, and (C) when your stomach is full, it
empties out much more slowly, which allows fat-soluble supplement
ingredients time to dissolve, and their absorption is thereby increased."

jw390898
03-04-2013, 08:37 AM
IMO other than spacing sheer pill volume there is no need to separate timing for doses of PH and support supplements.

markam
03-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Some popular bro science is to dose liver and support supps four hours after taking prohormones. Great to get a definitive answer.

jw390898
03-04-2013, 11:59 AM
If it makes a difference I would personally be very surprised if it was sufficient to influence how I scheduled popping a couple of pills. If wrong stand corrected but just cannot see it.

Sometimes we get a bit caught up with finding solutions to problems that are not there.

markam
03-04-2013, 12:06 PM
If it makes a difference I would personally be very surprised if it was sufficient to influence how I scheduled popping a couple of pills. If wrong stand corrected but just cannot see it.

Sometimes we get a bit caught up with finding solutions to problems that are not there.

Agreed, that's the internet for you:)

burlyman30
03-04-2013, 03:13 PM

Wise words.

pman42
03-11-2013, 10:32 PM
I remember reading in Llewelyn's (sp?) book that he to said take oral prosteroids away from food. I can't remember the exact reason but if someone has a copy i believe it is in the section for pheraplex

SoCal-Nutrition
03-12-2013, 02:14 AM
this is some good info...I hate spreading supplements out when I don't need to. just slam them all down at one time!

markam
03-12-2013, 05:12 AM
I remember reading in Llewelyn's (sp?) book that he to said take oral prosteroids away from food. I can't remember the exact reason but if someone has a copy i believe it is in the section for pheraplex

I understood that it was best to take them with a meal with plenty of fat.

jw390898
03-12-2013, 02:08 PM
This would only be of benefit if the product is fat soluble - I am unsure so if others know better speak up, however, I cannot think of any which fall into this category and therefore for me it would make no difference.

szary
03-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Milk thistle is well known cytochrome p450 CYP3A4 inhibitor , and since CYP3A$ DESTROY STEROIDS inhibition means better absorption rates, it's well known fact back here in central Europe, also milk thistle flavones interact with DHT receptors which on beneficially lowers acne and prostate side effects of prohormones/SAA usage but on the minus side( I guess because I haven't notice this personally) could decrease libido here is some I cannot post the links so use google , pubmed and cancer research sites on your own

markam
03-12-2013, 05:15 PM
This would only be of benefit if the product is fat soluble - I am unsure so if others know better speak up, however, I cannot think of any which fall into this category and therefore for me it would make no difference.

Hi jw390898 (such a catchy moniker). If you check the second post, you'll see that Jake (Antaeus) is advocating meals with plenty of fats, so who am I to argue.

BTW Been to you're website and ordered some Black Research Labs Formeron. Like the site, lot's of choice goodies there.

markam
03-22-2013, 06:10 AM
Jake has advised me that it's not necessary or even desirable to continue running Aegis for a few weeks after a Mechabol cycle.

Broly
03-22-2013, 11:49 PM
Jake has advised me that it's not necessary or even desirable to continue running Aegis for a few weeks after a Mechabol cycle.

When do you start your TUDCA? I've used it during once cycle so far and I started TUDCA in conjunction with my PH.

markam
03-23-2013, 03:38 AM
When do you start your TUDCA? I've used it during once cycle so far and I started TUDCA in conjunction with my PH.

Start it when you start your methylated hormone and finish when you finish your methylated hormone.