PDA

View Full Version : Prohormone Lethargy.

markam
03-10-2013, 09:07 AM
Just curious why some prohormones cause lethargy and some don't.

Also which one's caused lethargy and which one's didn't.

I didn't get any lethargy from Epi or Mechabol, but for me, Mechabol is a much nicer compound to run regarding bp and joints.

High dose (1 gm ed) 11-oxo caused me considerable lethargy due to it's suppression of cortisol.

SoCal-Nutrition
03-10-2013, 11:41 PM
I believe this usually has to do with the conversion to DHT.

this is why many people use stano and/or Dermacrine (test base) to minimize these types of sides.

saludable24
03-11-2013, 11:18 AM
If you ever got the chance to read the white papers on the Andro Series for AndroHARD and AndroDrive, PP pointed out that certain hormones have neurological effects. The compound in epiandrosterone (stano) and DHEA (Dermacrine) are antagonistic towards GABA receptors, the inhibitory neurotransmitter that makes use tired. Other compounds have the opposite effect by being agonistic towards GABA receptors, thus making us feel lethargic.

The GABA interaction is just one factor though. Elevated BP can cause some lethargy, and I am sure there may be a few other contributing factors as well that come with designer PHs.

anab0lix
03-20-2013, 11:43 PM
Increased stress on the liver, kidneys, and heart.

burlyman30
03-20-2013, 11:49 PM
Thinking of the list of PH/AAS that caused me lethargy, Anadrol-50 and Superdrol are at the top of the list. With A-50, I was also on Test and with SD I was stacking with Androhard at high doses. Lethargy came regardless. I think it had to do with system overload. I don't want to say toxicity, because though my labs came back with AST/ALT elevations, it wasn't the elevations that tell you that you are dying. You just happen to feel like you are. I can tell you that when the dose lowered, the lethargy would dissipate after a bit.

Broly
03-21-2013, 12:12 AM
Epi caused me pretty harsh lethargy on a 6 week run... hit about the 4 week mark. If memory servers me that run was set up like this 30/30/30/50/50/60... for the life of me I can't remember if I bumped to 40 for one week before going to 50.

Fat Bill Dwyer
03-21-2013, 04:56 AM
IME the lethargy from toxins and ds/ph is pretty different. Toxin lethargy feels centered in the body, and very close to malaise. ds/ph lethargy usually hits in the head and is of the "I must sleep now!" variety. I think this is further confused by the the fact that a lot of ph/ds are toxic, and you get a combo of the two, with the lethargy usually starting first. Usually when malaise compounds lethargy I take that as a sign that toxicity is becoming a problem and look for the nearest point to jump off.

I tend to think that lethargy subsequent to exogenous hormone usage is probably a result of some process that is happening in the brain, maybe in the hypothalamus or even parts of the brainstem. As far as I know there are no studies out there with folks getting EEGs on test cycles, but it seems to make sense and is a nice framework to understand the transition from "got to sleep now!" lethargy to the general malaise and out-of-gym weakness that occurs as a toxic cycle progresses.

Of course I've never seen any research on this.