PDA

View Full Version : TRT help??

HD48
03-15-2013, 09:00 AM
Finally going to start TRT I think. But my numbers are a little off. I am 32, and my total went from 416 to 489, but my free went from 80 to 46. Every year, my Free keeps dropping. 2008 it was 160, and over 5 years has continually sank to 46. Why would my total increase, but my free keep sinking?

Fat Bill Dwyer
03-15-2013, 10:25 AM
I'm not the expert on this but doesn't this mean that Sex Hormone Binding Globulin is binding your T? Perhaps your SHBG has increased for some reason.

longBallLima
03-15-2013, 10:28 AM
I'm not the expert on this but doesn't this mean that Sex Hormone Binding Globulin is binding your T? Perhaps your SHBG has increased for some reason.

this seems about right.

you're within range for total test. heard decent things about nettle root, ever experimented?

more experienced guys here might be able to give you more details. or tell you i'm a dumbass lol

Coolazice
03-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Proviron may be able to help you, assuming our theory is correct.

Fat Bill Dwyer
03-15-2013, 10:37 AM
If you're up for some good reading you might want to check out Burlyman's TRT journey right here on swole source.

If you're looking for a short term solution you might get a good kick out of a natty T-booster?

Are you taking a 5a reductase inhibitor? That can lower Free T for some guys.

Again there are guys here with a much better understanding of this than I, but your cycling/PCT history may also have had an effect on your SHBG levels.

- - - Updated - - -

*edit
Cool- Is your theory that binding the SHBG with DHT frees up T? I guess in this case you would run it low to prevent suppression?

Jelisej
03-15-2013, 10:40 AM

Exactly. Very likely scenario is that your E2 is going up, in any case your TT is still not high enough.
Other thing is its always better to get TT and SHBG and then check free test by using Dr Shippen graph to see where free testosterone is, and SHBG can tell its own story.
In any case, we dont have enough details to give you any better advice, like symptoms+bloodworks. Your TT is low, but sometimes by adjusting lifestyle and adding some supplements can do a lot.

Coolazice
03-15-2013, 11:02 AM
Cool- Is your theory that binding the SHBG with DHT frees up T? I guess in this case you would run it low to prevent suppression?

If what I read is correct - then yes. How low are you thinking though? From what I read, 50mg/day may provide him some help with little to no suppression.

Fat Bill Dwyer
03-15-2013, 11:15 AM
I don't have any proviron experience so dosage wise I have no idea what would work.

The only practical experience I have relates to everybody's favorite DHT PHs. I do know that I could run AH @ 2-3 caps, or stano at 150mg-300mg during the first week or two of PCT and still experience a full recovery according to bloods.

I'm interested in your 50mg/day figure. It sounds reasonable, and honestly couldn't hurt. What informs your view on this?

Coolazice
03-15-2013, 11:27 AM
I don't have any proviron experience so dosage wise I have no idea what would work.

The only practical experience I have relates to everybody's favorite DHT PHs. I do know that I could run AH @ 2-3 caps, or stano at 150mg-300mg during the first week or two of PCT and still experience a full recovery according to bloods.

I'm interested in your 50mg/day figure. It sounds reasonable, and honestly couldn't hurt. What informs your view on this?

Just from reading steroid profiles and and a thread or 2 before. Hope I'm not too far off the mark here.

Fat Bill Dwyer
03-15-2013, 11:34 AM
Just from reading steroid profiles and and a thread or 2 before. Hope I'm not too far off the mark here.

Even if you were it wouldn't really be damaging. I'm interested to see if something like this would work.

Coolazice
03-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Even if you were it wouldn't really be damaging. I'm interested to see if something like this would work.

Me too. I hope he tries it after verifying that it might help.

HD48
03-15-2013, 12:35 PM
TSH was low at .38, free test very low 46, and total was 480. Starting trt per my doc. Endo wanted me to start last year due to the number being even lower. I was just curious why total would go up and free keep going down. Free controls your hormones. Total is run by the Sbgh, whi mine seems fine, but doesn't explain the decreasing low free test.

longBallLima
03-15-2013, 01:10 PM
TSH was low at .38, free test very low 46, and total was 480. Starting trt per my doc. Endo wanted me to start last year due to the number being even lower. I was just curious why total would go up and free keep going down. Free controls your hormones. Total is run by the Sbgh, whi mine seems fine, but doesn't explain the decreasing low free test.

not sure i understand this. Your SBGH is fine? What do you mean by free controls your hormones? sorry, slow on the reading comprehension today, i think

and by fine, what's the number? hows your prolactin?

pretty surprised the endo would start TRT on a 32 y.o. with decent numbers for total test before exhausting other options, but i don't know enough about TRT

Jelisej
03-15-2013, 02:00 PM

Your SHBG was not fine. You see in world of hormones everything is relative, and you dont look into numbers but into balance.
And also sometimes even numbers can be fine but problem can be in cellular level.
Anyway- TSH is low, but TSH only tells us what brain thinks about thyroid hormones- but having low tt and tsh there is possibility that your pituary is underactive- which needs to be investigated as your TRT will depend on whether you are primary or secondary, and also you may need multiple-hormonal treatment.

HD48
03-15-2013, 05:07 PM
not sure i understand this. Your SBGH is fine? What do you mean by free controls your hormones? sorry, slow on the reading comprehension today, i think

and by fine, what's the number? hows your prolactin?

pretty surprised the endo would start TRT on a 32 y.o. with decent numbers for total test before exhausting other options, but i don't know enough about TRT

I apologize, I meant my total appeared fine, not my SBGH. Honestly after reviewing the the labs, he had my head spinning. I dont have all the paperwork that they did. But i had a lot of flags, and sbgh was one. Just as my TSH, FT, and TT. I dont recall prolactin. Total did come up since september. But FT continued to fall.

longBallLima
03-15-2013, 06:04 PM
I apologize, I meant my total appeared fine, not my SBGH. Honestly after reviewing the the labs, he had my head spinning. I dont have all the paperwork that they did. But i had a lot of flags, and sbgh was one. Just as my TSH, FT, and TT. I dont recall prolactin. Total did come up since september. But FT continued to fall.

No apologies necessary.

Jelisej is the man when it comes to hormonal interactions. It may be worth inquiring about his input with your doc

burlyman30
03-15-2013, 10:13 PM

This strikes me as odd, since the marker that most GPs and endos go by to alert them to low testosterone is the TT number. It is rare that they will even consider you for treatment if you are within the normal range. Most docs (even many endos) do not even test for FT. I'm glad you have someone looking out for you.

What have your symptoms been? I assume there was a reason you went in for tests in the first place.

longBallLima
03-16-2013, 01:12 AM
Wouldn't an endo normally look at his sbhg first before increasing test with exogenous sources?
Not that I know the first thing about trt, but it seems curious to me

dirkwright
08-26-2013, 02:01 PM

What was your E2 (estradiol)?