PDA

View Full Version : tHE BRuTaL MaCHiNe VaYNEZ: Journey to AESTHETICzZzZz

Pages : [1] 2 3

VayneZ
03-18-2013, 12:42 PM
I'm starting this new log since the old one was basically my last cycle... been too lazy to start a new one, but, today, I finally did.

I am now:
5'7
179 pounds
have yet to measure my bf %... hopefully one day soon.

Today is my 6th day on ULC, Tomorrow this shall be my routine for CN:

Before the madness start I shall do some HIIT about 9am at the gym, and hit weights around 12pm.
30 minutes after the HIIT (which would be 12 - 15 minutes tops) I will eat: 6 eggs (4 of them whites only) + 1 slice of lean roastbeef + mushrooms + red peppers + cayenne peppers + 1/3 cup of wallnuts + 2 TBSP of Coconut oil.

When I'm finishing my Tricep and Delt workout (which would be about an hour and HEAVY!!!) I will drink my post workout shake which would be: 25 grams hydrolyzed whey protein, 10 grams casein, 1 TBSP of Coconut oil.

Then I don't eat for about 2 hours straight......

then... the madness:

3pm: 3 cups of Jasmine rice + 30 grams of lean ground beef + 1/3 of the Marshmellow pebbles box with skim milk
5pm: 3 cups of Jasmine rice + 35 grams of Tilapia + 20 grams of mushroom/artichoke mix + Protein and carb rich homemade cookies by one of my training partners
6:45 pm: 3 cups of Jasmine rice + 35 grams of Tilapia + 20 grams of mushroom/artichoke mix + another one of those home made cookies
8pm: 2 pieces of those poptarts
9pm: the remaining 2/3 of the marshmellow box in almond milk with about a cup of oatmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg, and 1/2 cup of blueberries (might throw in some PB as well, all natural)
11pm: 30 grams of casein protein in almond milk mixed with a banana and about 3 cups of CO (load up the fat!) then I crash yo!

Scope75
03-18-2013, 01:13 PM
In....

Solid plan and you'll be more than ready tomorrow.

Sorrow
03-18-2013, 03:09 PM
In for the second round on your journey!

VayneZ
03-18-2013, 03:38 PM
Glad to have my homies on the run!!!! Like Scope keeps saying, 2013 is a good year ;)

Scope75
03-18-2013, 04:18 PM
Yes sir....
2013 is going to be a great year.

VayneZ
03-19-2013, 01:42 PM
ok so, in 30 minutes I nailed 3 cups of Jasmine white rice + a whole box of Marsh pebbles with skim milk. And 35 grams of Turkey :D

in an hour and 15 minutes I shall eat 3 more cups of rice and a protein cookie! ohh yeah!

p.s. I'm feeling them sugars son.... word :rolleyes:

Scope75
03-19-2013, 01:51 PM
No holding back today... Lol

VayneZ
03-19-2013, 01:52 PM
No holding back today... Lol

Today we feed! WE FEED! :mad:

VayneZ
03-20-2013, 11:58 AM
update on ze CN:

Woke up (after toilet time): 181.5 pounds!!! Yesterday morning I was 175 pounds. I gained 6.5 pounds this time! woo hoo :D !!!

So I devoured about 10 cups of Jasmine white rice. a box of Marsh pebbles. 2 home made protein rich cookies. half a box of poptarts and almost a complete box of Rice Krispies. Then killed my casein shake loaded with coco in almond milk.

It took me about 45 minutes I think, to finally sleep.... I was just overly loaded and breathing VERY heavily. Let's put it like this.... it was just hardcore and brutal.... especially gulping down that last casein. Nailed it all in exactly 8 hours. Timed it like a soldier!

I was in an extreme rush so did NOT get a chance to take any pics this morning... Will take some tomorrow morning fo sho!

Scope75
03-20-2013, 12:23 PM
Nice gain...
I can't wait to slam some fucking carbs on Saturday.

VayneZ
03-20-2013, 12:35 PM
May the force of the Carbs be with you Obi Wan

Scope75
03-20-2013, 12:43 PM
This weeks CN will be pretty damn clean and tamer than the past ones.
Lots of cereal and low fat treats then something nice and buttery right before bed.

VayneZ
03-20-2013, 01:21 PM
This weeks CN will be pretty damn clean and tamer than the past ones.
Lots of cereal and low fat treats then something nice and buttery right before bed.

Nice looking forward for the results! What kind of butter are you going to use?? And do you already have a sketch of the kill-plan for the occasion :) ??

VayneZ
03-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Today I repped twice with 365 Conventional deads! Everyone in the gym was starring, then a HUGE powerlifter guy (this guy is huge and sick at his game), came and told me in private: ''I believe you can do a bit more reps than that, and afterwards you can def kill 405, with better movement.

Now eventhough my adrenaline was through the roof, I was listened to what he had to advise. He said to stress more in your hams, up to the point where you start using back! Avoid back at the begining!

So he went once to show me, had to look up and use pure hams to a certain degree and I went again same weights, nailed it twice and then he said: ''solid done! Perfect!Look, you're strong, strong for your size, and you nailed the last one good. Master the technique and you are powerlifter material! You have the spirit for it.''

That made my day, now I have to work on the technique he showed me. Today I was feeling to try 385 pounds! But by the time he gave me the advice, and I nailed it solid... I had NO power left in me! Had to go light on chest,,,, and I now b crashinnnnn

h2s
03-21-2013, 07:24 PM
Subscribed. Need to catch up in it.

Scope75
03-21-2013, 08:10 PM
Nice looking forward for the results! What kind of butter are you going to use?? And do you already have a sketch of the kill-plan for the occasion :) ??
KerryGold butter.

Plan is 3-4 boxes of cereal and a pan of cereal treats.

Sorrow
03-22-2013, 11:21 AM
I think you can do 405. Not sure what pointers if any I would give without actually seeing you pull though. Keep it up man!

Dcabedo
03-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Subscribed! This should be good.

VayneZ
03-22-2013, 06:46 PM
Welcome aboard peepz, And Sorrow I owe you a footage of me killing this! Will get it done soon my friend!

So Last week: around 177 pounds

VayneZ
03-22-2013, 06:48 PM
This Morning at 180 pounds

I feel I need to be about 200 pound before I start worrying with single digits BF level

VayneZ
03-25-2013, 07:14 AM
Today is CN. I'll be starting my CN at 12:30 sharp, and aim to have it done by 8PM and then crash hard! Wanna make sure I get some good sleep and still wake up by sunrise tomorrow.

Plan:

8AM - 7 eggs (5 are white only), 2 slice of roastbeef, green and red and cayenne peppers, 2 TBSP of Coconut Oil, Mushrooms, Wallnuts and almonds
9:30AM - Amino Energy, Alphamine, Glutamine, Creatine and BCAA drink

--- 10AM I hit the gym ---

10:30-11AM - sip my 30 gram hydrolyzed whey + 10 grams casein + 1.5 TBSP coconut oil and creatine shake

-- 12PM I arrive at work --

And then, I starve myself for 30 minutes more... and the madness begins:
12:30 PM - 3 cups Jasmine White rice + 30 grams of chicken breast + a box of marshmellow pebbles in skim milk loaded with sea salt
2:30 PM - 3 cups Jasmine White rice + 30 grams of chicken breast + half a box of Rice Krispies in skim milk
4:30 PM - 3 cups Jasmine White rice + 30 grams of chicken breast + half box of Marsh pebbles
6:30 PM - 6x poptarts + Rice Krispies and Marsh pebbles mixed in almond milk (half box of each).
8:00 PM - Nail down my 35 grams casein protein / 3 TBSP peanut Butter / 3 TBSP Coconut oil shake

Then... as soon as my breathing eases down, I crash... probably 8:30 ish.

War.

These pics were taken yesterday morning, empty stomach @ 180 pounds, the body is set for a wild and crazy refeed:

Scope75
03-25-2013, 11:12 AM
You carb up at work??

VayneZ
03-25-2013, 02:49 PM
You carb up at work??

Fo sho. My boss is cool, and I just carb up while installing codes, doing job work orders etc. I work as administrator for a alarm and security company

Scope75
03-25-2013, 03:17 PM
That's cool...
I wouldn't get a damn thing done if I had to carb up and work.

Scope75
03-25-2013, 11:55 PM
How'd that CarbNite turn out??

VayneZ
03-26-2013, 12:16 PM
How'd that CarbNite turn out??

Gained about 3 pounds I believe. I weighed 182.9 pounds, which I would probably lose about 1 or 2 pounds of due to water retention.
Pooped like 4 times already today lol!

I'll post some pics later! At work now

p.s. CN was just sick and cruel! The 30 minutes before I fall asleep, I was struggling not to vomit... was extremly bloated and sugar high. But actually liked how I woke up this morning!!

Scope75
03-26-2013, 12:23 PM
That's not a good way to end the night.
If you can try out some Apple Cider Vinegar.
That shit helps me out big time, along with probiotics, and Kombucha.

VayneZ
03-26-2013, 01:04 PM
That's not a good way to end the night.
If you can try out some Apple Cider Vinegar.
That shit helps me out big time, along with probiotics, and Kombucha.

First time I hear of Kombucha! Should try and see if I could find some on this little Island.
Will also look into the Apple Cider Vinegar! And probiotics I will have soon enough as well.

Thanks for the pointers bro!

Scope75
03-26-2013, 01:08 PM
First time I hear of Kombucha! Should try and see if I could find some on this little Island.
Will also look into the Apple Cider Vinegar! And probiotics I will have soon enough as well.

Thanks for the pointers bro!
Kombucha is a great drink on a CN because its helps with digestion, gas, and a bunch of other things.
ACV works wonders and not much is needed but I over use it.

VayneZ
03-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Kombucha is a great drink on a CN because its helps with digestion, gas, and a bunch of other things.
ACV works wonders and not much is needed but I over use it.

What source do you get your Kombucha from?

Scope75
03-26-2013, 01:12 PM
Local stores like nob hill, Safeway, and health food stores like TJs, and WFM.

VayneZ
03-26-2013, 01:19 PM
Is there a specific product or brand you recommend??

Scope75
03-26-2013, 01:45 PM
The brand I buy and drink is GT'S Kombucha.
Google it and you'll see what I'm talking about.

VayneZ
03-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Found their site, seems legit! Any particular one that would be best for CN's?

Scope75
03-26-2013, 02:25 PM
Lol...
I drink them all!!!
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s408/scope75/8B93C6CC-FDCD-474C-BB4E-7EAABA2585B5-141-0000010484BA55B1_zps54d7e9d5.jpg

Stick with the 21 and over type in the darker bottle because they pack a better punch.
The cherry chia drink is fucking killer.

VayneZ
03-26-2013, 02:41 PM
So having alcohol in it would not be a problem?

Coolazice
03-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Will also look into the Apple Cider Vinegar!

Make sure the Apple Cider Vinegar is organic and has the "mother" in it. I like Bragg's brand.

Scope75
03-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Make sure the Apple Cider Vinegar is organic and has the "mother" in it. I like Bragg's brand.

Braggs is the brand I use too.

I don't seem to feel a difference between the Braggs or regular ol Heinz ACV, but I still buy the braggs.

Scope75
03-26-2013, 05:05 PM
So having alcohol in it would not be a problem?

They have like .05% alcohol.
I drink alcohol at all but Kombucha gets a pass. Lol

Coolazice
03-26-2013, 05:07 PM
Braggs is the brand I use too.

I don't seem to feel a difference between the Braggs or regular ol Heinz ACV, but I still buy the braggs.

Heinz isn't made to be consumed like that... Unpasteurized is what he needs. I did a bit of Heinz straight - that was a mistake!!!

Scope75
03-26-2013, 05:17 PM
Heinz isn't made to be consumed like that... Unpasteurized is what he needs. I did a bit of Heinz straight - that was a mistake!!!
Really??
Damn Ive been drinking the Heinz and just started with the braggs 2-3 weeks ago.

Glad I'm on the braggs now. Lol

Coolazice
03-26-2013, 05:24 PM
Really??
Damn Ive been drinking the Heinz and just started with the braggs 2-3 weeks ago.

Glad I'm on the braggs now. Lol

lol... Yeah, check out Bragg's website - it will explain things better that I can.

Scope75
03-26-2013, 05:38 PM
lol... Yeah, check out Bragg's website - it will explain things better that I can.

Will do.

Do you mix your with water or anything or are you a straight up ACV drinker??

I take swigs off the bottle like it was booze and on a CarbNite I might drink 4-5oz.

Coolazice
03-26-2013, 05:41 PM
Will do.

Do you mix your with water or anything or are you a straight up ACV drinker??

I take swigs off the bottle like it was booze and on a CarbNite I might drink 4-5oz.

I do both. I enjoy it most when mixed with water after dissolving some honey in it though.

VayneZ
03-26-2013, 07:35 PM
thanks for the positive hi-jack Coolazice ;)!

I will look for the braggs brand!

VayneZ
03-26-2013, 07:43 PM
So this is what a bloated individual looks like after consuming close to around 1.5k of fast simple High GI carbs and almost feeling like he was gonna get a heart attack of the intensity of his heart rate and also the mind power that was needed in order not the vomit it all out... Only 5'7... 182.9 pounds (bloated): (pooped about 6 times today... felt good :cool: )

Scope75
03-26-2013, 09:03 PM
You look better than I do before and after your CNs. Lol

Good work bro...
That water/bloat will drop and show the muscle you've built.

markam
03-27-2013, 04:43 AM
If either of you have a blood pressure device, could you try taking your blood pressure on a empty stomach before carb night, then after you've carved up. The high gi carbs sent my blood pressure through the roof, so I'm just curious what readings you get.

VayneZ
03-27-2013, 06:21 PM
If either of you have a blood pressure device, could you try taking your blood pressure on a empty stomach before carb night, then after you've carved up. The high gi carbs sent my blood pressure through the roof, so I'm just curious what readings you get.

good idea Mark! Thanks! I'll do that next week!

VayneZ
03-27-2013, 06:24 PM
You look better than I do before and after your CNs. Lol

Good work bro...
That water/bloat will drop and show the muscle you've built.

Nehhh, You're bigger and more powerful than I am. You're also the man with the plan. I'm doing ''Scope's CN'' as DJM calls it :p

DJM
03-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Nehhh, You're bigger and more powerful than I am. You're also the man with the plan. I'm doing ''Scope's CN'' as DJM calls it :p

oh yeah, even high i couldnt do his carb nite, n im not small either

Scope75
03-27-2013, 07:09 PM

You have the drive and motivation thou...
I'm just a lazy ass that likes to eat and lifting allows me to eat more. Lol

Scope75
03-27-2013, 07:20 PM
oh yeah, even high i couldnt do his carb nite, n im not small either

I'll be dialing my CarbNites back a few notches starting this weekend or next weekend.
Did a few calculations today and with all the cals I eat ULC and on my CNs I'm around 30k cals a week!!! Lol
So like you mentioned in my log I'll be switching to a cleaner, less processed food, and lower cals on my CNs. Doing that should allow me to keep daily cals at 3k and my deficit in cals will be a smaller yet effective CarbNite.
That plan should keep me happy, and muscle sparing threw out the week while still dropping BF.

VayneZ
03-27-2013, 07:36 PM
imo Scope's CN makes leg day look easy. And I'm known in the gym as the ''do not train legs with this guy''-dude :P

CarbNites is a mental game in itself. It's like I was telling h2s the other day. To me personally, it starts off nice, with a box of cereal and 3 cups of rice... I'm still good... But 4 hours down... I get loaded. And I just keep eating.... Get's really horrible around the last hour...

But so far, it has produced amazing results. In a month and a half I gained 10 pounds, and I feel and see that I have dropped body fat.

Mark mentioned a good tip though and I will apply it next time, ''check blood pressure''. When I'm focused on a goal, I ignore a LOT of signals (pain), and just keep going till I reach it, so would be wise to monitor myself. Last thing I would want is to appear in the local newspaper frontpage: ''stupid kid dies of sugar overdose''.

Scope75
03-27-2013, 07:44 PM
1.5 months and 10 pounds natty...
That's some damn good progress.

In 3-4 months I've been went from 190 to a carbed up and water loaded 233. My lowest weight on CarbNite has been 202 so that's 31 pounds in 10-12 weeks.

VayneZ
03-28-2013, 07:20 AM
1.5 months and 10 pounds natty...
That's some damn good progress.

In 3-4 months I've been went from 190 to a carbed up and water loaded 233. My lowest weight on CarbNite has been 202 so that's 31 pounds in 10-12 weeks.

that's sick bro!!! 31 pounds!!! I bet most is muscle by judgment of your pictures.

I dropped 2 pounds since Tuesday, back to 179.9 pounds this morning, guess that was all water retention!

A girl measured my body fat today with a caliber. was about 13.5%... but she did it again and it was 11%, so I really have NO idea where I am at! I hope I'm under 15% at least!!!

Trying to make sure I start my Androbulk/mechabol cycle lower than 10% if I make it, by July and at least 175 pounds... That's the goal.....

VayneZ
03-28-2013, 04:52 PM
What do you guys think of the ''GOYA'' Apple Cider Vinegar?? That's all they have here on this stupid lil Island, and Heinz.

Scope75
03-28-2013, 05:00 PM
That one doesn't have the mother and is pasteurized so its just like Heinz.

I've drank both the braggs and Heinz and they seemed to work the same so I'd just pick some up and give it a go. Worse case deal you end up with some ACV to make salad dressings with.

Coolazice
03-28-2013, 05:01 PM
What do you guys think of the ''GOYA'' Apple Cider Vinegar?? That's all they have here on this stupid lil Island, and Heinz.

It's virtually the same as Heinz... no bueno. If it isn't organic and doesn't contain "the mother" than it really isn't made for drinking or to aide in digestion.

Coolazice
03-28-2013, 05:03 PM
That one doesn't have the mother and is pasteurized so its just like Heinz.

I've drank both the braggs and Heinz and they seemed to work the same so I'd just pick some up and give it a go. Worse case deal you end up with some ACV to make salad dressings with.

I disagree. Order the Braggs from one of the vitamin companies or Amazon.

Scope75
03-28-2013, 05:06 PM
Bragg Live Foods, Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, Bragg Liquid Aminos,Systemic Enzymes, Bragg Live Organic Food Products, Patricia Bragg, Paul Bragg, Bragg Organic Olive Oil, Bragg Salad Dressings, Bragg Seasonings, Bragg Health Products (http://bragg.com/products/bragg-organic-apple-cider-vinegar-FAQ.html#acv_faq2)

VayneZ
03-28-2013, 05:20 PM
I'll have to wait till May then, when I can buy some in the States. Sucks. Thanks for the advise!

Coolazice
03-28-2013, 05:25 PM
I'll have to wait till May then, when I can buy some in the States. Sucks. Thanks for the advise!

You can't get it shipped in for a reasonable price?

Scope75
03-28-2013, 05:27 PM
Heinz also has avc like braggs so make sure your not over looking that bottle.
The label is green and white instead of all white.

VayneZ
03-28-2013, 05:31 PM
You can't get it shipped in for a reasonable price?

We have a pretty messed up dutch system here, which would take forever to get things shipped internationally out of customs. Last time I ordered something, took me 3 months to finally get it out. Never again! I'll get it faster if I wait till I'm in the states. Probably get a few to last me awhile at the very least....

You guys really have no idea how good you have it there in the States my friend :)

- - - Updated - - -

And that one contains the mother also?? (was just reading what the mother means... was kinda confused at first LOL)

Coolazice
03-28-2013, 05:45 PM

I haven't seen that in any of the stores when I couldn't find Braggs... I'll have to keep my eyes peeled though.

Scope75
03-28-2013, 05:58 PM
Walmart has it. Lol

Next time I'm shopping I'll take note of where I can find it because its cheaper than braggs is.

Coolazice
03-28-2013, 06:03 PM
Walmart has it. Lol

Next time I'm shopping I'll take note of where I can find it because its cheaper than braggs is.

I'll look again too, thanks!

VayneZ
03-28-2013, 06:07 PM
I'll also look again over here sir :)

Thanks to both of you for making me aware of this!

Coolazice
03-28-2013, 06:09 PM
I'll also look again over here sir :)

Thanks to both of you for making me aware of this!

Translation: Quit jacking my thread!!!

Sorry!

VayneZ
03-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Forgot that I took this pic this morning.

This is after I dropped 2 pounds since Tuesday (water retention and waste probably).

At 179.9... my fat ass physique! :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry!

Neh bro, this is a positive hi-jack! :) I appreciate it! mission: ''must find that ACV with that mother!!!''

Scope75
03-28-2013, 06:19 PM

Sorry!
Lol...
At least we are staying on topic.

Coolazice
03-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Lol...
At least we are staying on topic.

True! lol

VayneZ
03-28-2013, 06:21 PM
lmao! true

Scope75
03-28-2013, 06:29 PM
Did you end up ordering gut health??
If so try that out solo and see if it does you any good.

VayneZ
03-28-2013, 06:36 PM
8 bottles from the pre-sale. So could start right away in the States end of April :D

VayneZ
03-30-2013, 08:26 AM
Yesterday (Day 1 of DCP + Alpha T2 combo for 3-4 weeks in order to shed some bodyfat for my vacation)

- - - Updated - - -

Today after my HIIT training:

VayneZ
03-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Update: I FOUND BRAGGS!!!! Last place I thought I would've found it.

So now, How should I use this on CN? Advise! what dosage, and when, with the carb meals only, and also before I sleep (last carb meal)?

VayneZ
03-31-2013, 01:30 PM

Scope, oh wise teacher, would these be good for the CN????

Scope75
03-31-2013, 08:36 PM
Not as good as if you made them yourself, but they are fine.

VayneZ
04-02-2013, 09:00 PM
Ready to crash.. survived CN once again... ate pretty much the same things as last week, except I ate Fruity Pebble bars instead of the poptarts this time, and had ACV in my possession (which made it more bearable than LAST WEEKS, which was just madness).

Will have an update tomorrow, when... I ... can... focus....... tooooo muuucchhh suggarrss in my brain!

VayneZ
04-14-2013, 06:17 PM
Getting ready for my CN...

Scope75
04-15-2013, 09:36 AM
How's the scale treating you and how's performance in the gym??

VayneZ
04-15-2013, 08:02 PM
Tbh, haven't gotten the time to weigh my self these, always seem to be in a hurry, especially mornings.

Endurance seems to be alright, strength, AMAZING, size, AMAZING, and I believe I am losing bodyfat (hope so).

Today I started CarbNite at 1:30 sharp, was done by 9:20... 25 minutes ago... still trying to breathe so I can go to sleep. Head's spinning. I believe my BP is THROUGH THE ROOF right now! Def will go easier on my CarbNite's when I'm on the Mechabol cycle.

Ate about 9 cups of Jasmine Rice, 120 grams of Tilapia, a box of marsh pebbles, a HUGE bowl of Rice Krispies with a lil bit of oatmeal and blueberries, and a casein shake with about 2 TBSP's of natural peanut butter + 1 TBSP of CO + Banana and a bit of Apple Cider Vinegar blended in almond milk.

I guess I'll take some pictures during the week, so you guys could give me your honest opinion if I look any different than last week's pics.

in 11 days I'll be in the States, and will start my ''carbs in the late PM''-cycle, kinda like Carbloading, but modified. Any ideas on how to do this in a way that would keep body fat as low as possible, while on a 16 day vacation, please do let me know! :)

h2s
04-16-2013, 06:29 AM
Honestly you should try to enjoy your vacation instead of worrying about carb timing.

Scope75
04-16-2013, 07:26 AM
Honestly you should try to enjoy your vacation instead of worrying about carb timing.
X2, but if you want to time your carbs I'd just start eating them around 5-7pm and just keep it sane.
When I train in the am I won't touch a carb until after 5 and if I make it to 7 that's even better. Now if you can or will be training in the PM I'd just CBL the whole damn trip.

VayneZ
04-16-2013, 10:35 AM
h2s, I know I know :p... Still I think I enjoy a getaway better when somehow someway I'm still being productive, goal-wise. I'll try and enjoy it a bit, but still structured, still with boundaries and limits.

I'll try and do that Scope! Sounds good.

Today I weighed 182.2 pounds. So I seem to be dropping.. last week I was around 184 after CN. I'll probably take a picture either tomorrow or Thursday.

VayneZ
04-18-2013, 07:57 AM
179.3 pounds, 3 days after CN:

Still a fat ass. But Fighting! :mad:

Strength, endurance, core stability and size I feel have increased. Bodyfat, eh, I dunno. What do you guys think?

O_RYAN_007
04-18-2013, 08:05 AM
h2s, I know I know :p... Still I think I enjoy a getaway better when somehow someway I'm still being productive, goal-wise. I'll try and enjoy it a bit, but still structured, still with boundaries and limits.

I'll try and do that Scope! Sounds good.

Today I weighed 182.2 pounds. So I seem to be dropping.. last week I was around 184 after CN. I'll probably take a picture either tomorrow or Thursday.

On vacation I always have a goal, boundaries, and limits. Eat as much as I can, drink as much as I can, and don't do a damn thing other than fk! LOL, I like to keep my vacations simple yet effective.

O_RYAN_007
04-18-2013, 08:08 AM
179.3 pounds, 3 days after CN:

Still a fat ass. But Fighting! :mad:

Strength, endurance, core stability and size I feel have increased. Bodyfat, eh, I dunno. What do you guys think?

I'm not sure why you say you're a fat ass; you're far from it. I say do whatever you want during your vacation, the hell with the diet. Put on some weight, let your body recovery, and come back strong. Vacations should be a get away from EVERYTHING (unless you're married). So enjoy yourself, drink too much (or whatever your poison is), but most of all... HAVE FUN!

DJM
04-18-2013, 08:11 AM
On vacation I always have a goal, boundaries, and limits. Eat as much as I can, drink as much as I can, and don't do a damn thing other than fk! LOL, I like to keep my vacations simple yet effective.

last yr,punta cana, road down to the beach had shop, and a gym at the end, no ventilation mind you besides the open door, and every morning handful of guys pumping up, never understood training in 100degree heat when the fkn ocean and drinks is 100feet away.......and food wise, when its all you can eat all the time and ready for you, like im thinking bout my stomach lol

VayneZ
04-18-2013, 08:22 AM
Maybe you guys are right. I'll do my best to let go :p We'll see when the time comes

O_RYAN_007
04-18-2013, 08:23 AM
last yr,punta cana, road down to the beach had shop, and a gym at the end, no ventilation mind you besides the open door, and every morning handful of guys pumping up, never understood training in 100degree heat when the fkn ocean and drinks is 100feet away.......and food wise, when its all you can eat all the time and ready for you, like im thinking bout my stomach lol

I just got back from South beach this weekend, and I saw a bunch of dudes doing pulls ups, dips and all sorts of wild ab excercises while walking along Ocean Drive. The wife looks at me like, ok... You can go... I looked at her like FK THAT!!! and I said it! We went to pick up the cooler full of beer and hit the beach all damn day! I'm not about to be working out on vacation. I do enough of that when I'm at home. Like 2-a-days 3-4 times a weeks. Vacations don't come very often, and this was our first yr wedding anniversary. I didn't once think about working out or dieting. Eat, drink, fk!

DJM
04-18-2013, 08:39 AM
I just got back from South beach this weekend, and I saw a bunch of dudes doing pulls ups, dips and all sorts of wild ab excercises while walking along Ocean Drive. The wife looks at me like, ok... You can go... I looked at her like FK THAT!!! and I said it! We went to pick up the cooler full of beer and hit the beach all damn day! I'm not about to be working out on vacation. I do enough of that when I'm at home. Like 2-a-days 3-4 times a weeks. Vacations don't come very often, and this was our first yr wedding anniversary. I didn't once think about working out or dieting. Eat, drink, fk!

a 2-4 says you were bigger than them too, but they were the ones pumping up lol
mine said same, 'why dont you go train with the other losers?' , noway lol.......i fkn nap on the beach even, but weights never

O_RYAN_007
04-18-2013, 09:22 AM
a 2-4 says you were bigger than them too, but they were the ones pumping up lol
mine said same, 'why dont you go train with the other losers?' , noway lol.......i fkn nap on the beach even, but weights never

Just think about all the thongs and boobies I'd missed if I was pumping up. LOL! That place was DIFFERENT! The wife is cool with me looking, and she would just tap me on my should and say, look at that thong, or OMG! check out her boobs! It was a very cool place, I recommend it to people without kids. There weren't very many big dudes out there, but I was one of them.

VayneZ
04-18-2013, 11:10 AM
Just think about all the thongs and boobies I'd missed if I was pumping up. LOL! That place was DIFFERENT! The wife is cool with me looking, and she would just tap me on my should and say, look at that thong, or OMG! check out her boobs! It was a very cool place, I recommend it to people without kids. There weren't very many big dudes out there, but I was one of them.

I lived for a year on James Ave, about a block and a half away from ocean drive. You could say those were the AWESOME days!

repped out on sumo deadz today, light, but got an awesome pump out of it. Flat benched 250 pounds dumpbells about 7 reps, and decided to go for a pr of 270, only did two reps, with spot only on the take off.... I think that I would def follow you guys' advise on the vacation tips. My body feels overly taxed now....

Had too many beers in my younger years, but might have a few after dinner drinks though and enjoy some nice restaurants

O_RYAN_007
04-18-2013, 12:17 PM
I lived for a year on James Ave, about a block and a half away from ocean drive. You could say those were the AWESOME days!

repped out on sumo deadz today, light, but got an awesome pump out of it. Flat benched 250 pounds dumpbells about 7 reps, and decided to go for a pr of 270, only did two reps, with spot only on the take off.... I think that I would def follow you guys' advise on the vacation tips. My body feels overly taxed now....

Had too many beers in my younger years, but might have a few after dinner drinks though and enjoy some nice restaurants

Life is for the living, live it brother. You've made a huge commitment to this diet, and its inspirational! But I will say however, that after going back and forth about getting on a strict diet... I can def say I will never do it, unless I get WAYY over weight. I have found a place in my life, training, nutrition, and goals that I'll continue doing what I'm doing. I know my body very well, and it likes simplicity. I think we all seek validation in our quests to get bigger, stronger, and possibly faster... But I think in knowing your body, and listening to it... You'll learn a lot more than listening to some guy who responds well to a high carb low fat diet... Or a guy that does more cardio than just lifting, and so on. I have a buddy (he's more like a brother to me) that overly analyses everything. Dosages, nutrition timing, cardio, the way to do leg presses, and he's always asking the "jacked" dudes for advise. When I hear the crap they tell him, I just sit back and laugh. He says, but dude, these guys are all jacked and ripped up... I tell him to take their words with a grain of salt.

Eat, train, rest. You got all the 3 in check. Sorry for the rant, I had this on my mind for a bit.

Keep things simple my friend. Live life, cause you never know when your gonna go.

Scope75
04-18-2013, 12:24 PM
Life is for the living, live it brother. You've made a huge commitment to this diet, and its inspirational! But I will say however, that after going back and forth about getting on a strict diet... I can def say I will never do it, unless I get WAYY over weight. I have found a place in my life, training, nutrition, and goals that I'll continue doing what I'm doing. I know my body very well, and it likes simplicity. I think we all seek validation in our quests to get bigger, stronger, and possibly faster... But I think in knowing your body, and listening to it... You'll learn a lot more than listening to some guy who responds well to a high carb low fat diet... Or a guy that does more cardio than just lifting, and so on. I have a buddy (he's more like a brother to me) that overly analyses everything. Dosages, nutrition timing, cardio, the way to do leg presses, and he's always asking the "jacked" dudes for advise. When I hear the crap they tell him, I just sit back and laugh. He says, but dude, these guys are all jacked and ripped up... I tell him to take their words with a grain of salt.

Eat, train, rest. You got all the 3 in check. Sorry for the rant, I had this on my mind for a bit.

Keep things simple my friend. Live life, cause you never know when your gonna go.

Great post...

Bolded hit home for me because last week I lost a childhood friend. He was just on his way home and one little mistake took him away.
You never know when your time is going to be up so LIVE IT UP!!!!

VayneZ
04-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Ryan I hear ya bro. That's why I love you guys. You keep me balanced :)

I'll remember what you said when I'm off on my relaxing vacation ;)

O_RYAN_007
04-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Great post...

Bolded hit home for me because last week I lost a childhood friend. He was just on his way home and one little mistake took him away.
You never know when your time is going to be up so LIVE IT UP!!!!

I lost my brother when I was 18, and he was only 20. As I get older and wiser, I tend to try my very best to be a happy, healthy, loving person who spreads peace, love and joy always. Sometime we forget (myself included) this key in life. We're our greatest critics, and most times we're too hard on ourselves. Most people will never understand what we do, but try to find a balance with it all.

Scope75
04-18-2013, 02:40 PM
I lost my brother when I was 18, and he was only 20. As I get older and wiser, I tend to try my very best to be a happy, healthy, loving person who spreads peace, love and joy always. Sometime we forget (myself included) this key in life. We're our greatest critics, and most times we're too hard on ourselves. Most people will never understand what we do, but try to find a balance with it all.
The buddy I lost is about the only person I've lost that was close in age and man really made me take a step back and look at things.
Since last Thursday I've changed a few things and I plan to keep changing to make everyday I have the best it can be.

VayneZ
05-14-2013, 11:03 AM
So I'm finally back from my vacation, measured body fat today with a machine, turns out I'm 18.8% !!!!!

I just took these pics in a hurry, cuz I'm kinda late for work (catching up with the routine of life)

Does this look like 18.8% body fat??? And should I run ECA stack next week or wait till I'm lower then 16% ???

Please advise guys! Thanks!

O_RYAN_007
05-14-2013, 12:19 PM
I don't really see 18.8% bf. I say just get back to the gym, kill it for a couple weeks and you'll be back in no time at all. Just relax, you just need to ease your way back in now.

VayneZ
05-14-2013, 12:51 PM
I don't really see 18.8% bf. I say just get back to the gym, kill it for a couple weeks and you'll be back in no time at all. Just relax, you just need to ease your way back in now.

Yeah I rly think that ''high teq'' machne could not have been accurate...

I'm running a cycle in 8 weeks, so wanted to lean out before the cycle (mechabol, Androbulk, androhard). I'm debating whether to run ECA next week or in 2 weeks. Diet is back on!!

Scope75
05-14-2013, 01:09 PM
I'd hold off for 2 weeks so your body gets back to its regular routine then hit the ECA.

Are you still CNS or something different.

Don't see how your 18.8% either and your probably just holding some water.

Macdon1588
05-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Yeah I rly think that ''high teq'' machne could not have been accurate...

I'm running a cycle in 8 weeks, so wanted to lean out before the cycle (mechabol, Androbulk, androhard). I'm debating whether to run ECA next week or in 2 weeks. Diet is back on!!

I'm used to be an instrumentation specialist in another life that specialized in machines that measured various things. I can tell you that your machine is wrong by your picture. However, it's important to know that machines have a margin of error which maybe greater than the advertised spec. Additionally, machines and even really measurement itself is affected by different variables like moisture, heat, conductivity, etc.

Anyway don't sweat the numbers.

VayneZ
05-14-2013, 08:22 PM
Thanks guys, I'll probably start next week or a week after depending on how my body feels. Gotta get as much fat off as I can before my bulk cycle. I've increased protein a bit and lowered fat slightly. CarbNites will be twice a week

Scope75
05-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Glad your doing 2 a week.
I've been doing CBL and eating these!!!
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s408/scope75/5A6D6E65-9D9D-4F85-8BBD-77D08A3280AC-266-00000044B3F0A4CD_zps13a9650b.jpg
Banana stuffed pancakes in Kerrygold butter.
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s408/scope75/CA889DED-6BB3-48C5-8D20-DB6E3C125571-7386-00000CE25499A293_zpse046ab21.jpg

VayneZ
05-15-2013, 10:56 AM
I'm used to be an instrumentation specialist in another life that specialized in machines that measured various things. I can tell you that your machine is wrong by your picture. However, it's important to know that machines have a margin of error which maybe greater than the advertised spec. Additionally, machines and even really measurement itself is affected by different variables like moisture, heat, conductivity, etc.

Anyway don't sweat the numbers.

Sorry was kinda busy yesterday, had so many emails to take care of at the office... man.. I need a vacation from my vacation!!!!
Thanks for pointing that out dude. When I measured my bf% I just had a post workout shake with about a TBSP of Coconut oil and I was sweating like crazy... so perhaps that also had to do with it. I've been sweating 24/7 since I got back from my vacation, these 3 days... Either the diet, or the workouts, or Aruba is just sick hot!

I'd hold off for 2 weeks so your body gets back to its regular routine then hit the ECA.

Are you still CNS or something different.

Don't see how your 18.8% either and your probably just holding some water.

In the states I avoided carbs in the morning. Ate a LOT of carbs in the evening though. But some days I went ULC. My weight however went down to 177 from the usual 180-182 pound before the vacation! And it's ironic, I feel leaner..... I dunno, I guess I'm just gonna fall back into the routine and see what happens. I upped protein a bit, lowered fat a bit... and will Refeed Friday. I'll be refeeding every Monday and Friday... trying to keep it around 8 hours pre-bedtime window on Mondays and 6 hours pre-bedtime window on Friday. Thanks for the picture haha it's inspiring!

I drank Kombucha in Miami... man it tasted so good!

VayneZ
05-16-2013, 08:05 AM
Got a chance to take another shot today in less of a rush, right after my boxing work out.

Now honestly, I don't think I'm 18% bf! LOL (stupid machine raised my cortisol levels for nothing)

I'll start my ECA stack This Monday, perhaps just 2 dose the first few days, see how it feels, before I go with the standard 3x a day dose

VayneZ
05-20-2013, 07:10 AM
ok, so it's my first time running ECA stack... def remind me a bit of cocaine but waayyyyy dirtier... I almost vomit after my 15 minute HIIT today.. it was just insanity.

I'll soon take my 2nd dose and then hit shoulders and triceps.... Man I feel HYPED!

DJ, thanks again for the hookup, this is SICK! :D

DJM
05-20-2013, 08:49 AM
glad its working
iv tried clen and found eca much cleaner

Fat Bill Dwyer
05-20-2013, 11:02 AM
ok, so it's my first time running ECA stack... def remind me a bit of cocaine but waayyyyy dirtier... I almost vomit after my 15 minute HIIT today.. it was just insanity.

I'll soon take my 2nd dose and then hit shoulders and triceps.... Man I feel HYPED!

DJ, thanks again for the hookup, this is SICK! :D

That's a hell of a recommendation.

weekend
05-20-2013, 11:09 AM
I think that, unfortunately for your ego, that machine was pretty close. To me it looks like you are not holding water and probably in the range of 16-18%

This thought is only from my extensive examination of pictures and bros who were losing bf and measuring frequently for contests..

burlyman30
05-20-2013, 12:08 PM
BF% is only a gauge. It doesn't mean a lot yet... it's the change in % that matters. If you see a change in the mirror and it correlates with a change on the BF monitor, then you know you've made progress. Progress is the ONLY thing that matters here.

Btw, people often forget that one of the ways to change BF% is to just build more muscle. Adding 10% lean mass will positively effect the % on the BF monitor, though you won't look a bit leaner in the mirror. So don't let that machine be your master. Let the mirror and pictures tell the story of your leanness.

VayneZ
05-20-2013, 03:32 PM
I think that, unfortunately for your ego, that machine was pretty close. To me it looks like you are not holding water and probably in the range of 16-18%

This thought is only from my extensive examination of pictures and bros who were losing bf and measuring frequently for contests..

Dude, I appreciate that! I rather know the truth then end up building an ego without a base for it. I know I have a lot of fat to scrape of! So thanks for the honesty bro!

BF% is only a gauge. It doesn't mean a lot yet... it's the change in % that matters. If you see a change in the mirror and it correlates with a change on the BF monitor, then you know you've made progress. Progress is the ONLY thing that matters here.

Btw, people often forget that one of the ways to change BF% is to just build more muscle. Adding 10% lean mass will positively effect the % on the BF monitor, though you won't look a bit leaner in the mirror. So don't let that machine be your master. Let the mirror and pictures tell the story of your leanness.

Good point Burly! Well I have 7 weeks to really kick it on my high protein, lower fat, 2-refeeds a week routine with the ECA stack. Might kick in Thyrocaps and Vanillean once I feel my body can handle it. After this I'll start my Mechabol/AndroBulk/AndroMass cycle. All in all I gotta make sure I drop some % of bodyfat this year. Building muscle and scraping off fat.

weekend
05-20-2013, 03:57 PM
i mean, you look good dude, a lot of people seem to underestimate everyone's bodyfat, presumably because people are uncomfortable with the idea OMG IM 20% FAT??? i would be leaning more towards the 16-17 zone for you rather than 19 though.

but yeah i have 5/6 abs showing and im at 11 or 12%... need to get that 8% haha

just keep working for change like burly said!

JM1000
05-20-2013, 04:24 PM
Doesn't look like 18% imo! But like Burly said, let the mirror tell you where you are at and then adjust according to what you want.. then again, i'm the first to stress when i'm a pound lighter or feel flat in the morning lol...

Scope75
05-20-2013, 04:40 PM
Don't drop the fat to much because these diets need fat to burn fat. Keep it at or above .5 grams per pound of BW.

VayneZ
05-20-2013, 05:24 PM
Weekend's a model :p he knows this game.

Good point though Scope. One thing I have been really happy with lately are all the sick veinz I'm getting when I'm lifting. And this all natural. Did bloodwork for hormones when I was in Miami, and everything's in range. Can't wait to see what Mecha and Bulk would do! I might just probably switch from my 2 refeeds a week to CBL like Scope and Ryan when I start my Bulk cycle.

This morning when I was hitting delts I saw a guy at the gym I haven't seen in a long time. When I was 18 and did my first competition in lightweight beginner class, we talked backstage. He already had a SICK physique at that time (7-8 years ago). He's really short, I would guess 5''4-ish or maybe even 5''3. But he has a body that I call ''perfection''. Today at the gym he was looking ripped, veined to the max! Better than I had ever seen him look! And he told me that in 2 weeks, he'll be competing in an NPC show in New York. That's very rare for a person from the Island. I told him I was just in New York 2 weeks ago. And he was asking me how expensive food is over there in Manhattan lol.

But damn, I mean eventhough he's so short, when you look at him, you kinda envy his physique. Makes short people look good :p

Scope75
05-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Good call on switching to CBL when the cycle starts because you'll be able to shuttle for nutrients to where they need to go and way more effective.
Should be a fun run and we all know your going to kill it.

VayneZ
05-20-2013, 05:54 PM
Already looking jacked and a good diet plan and with SS having my back... it's gonna be a SICK summer!!!

VayneZ
05-22-2013, 02:25 PM
So for awhile my weekly routine has been:

Monday - upon waking HIIT cardio for 15 minutes - - then noon time - Shoulds and Triceps
Tuesday - Leg dag
Wednesday - upon waking HIIT cardio for 15 minutes + a bit of abs
Thursday - upon waking HIIT cardio for 15 minutes - - then at noon time - Chest and back
Friday - upon waking HIIT cardio for 15 minutes - - then at noon time - Abs and Biceps
Weekends off

If it's one muscle group I want to see grow through the end of this year is my biceps, which I believe is being overly stressed by Thursday Back, and Friday Biceps... So I wanna isolate back day and biceps as far away from each other as possible.

So this is what I was thinking of trying out:

Monday - upon waking HIIT cardio for 15 minutes - - then noon time - Shoulds and Back
Tuesday - Leg dag
Wednesday - upon waking HIIT cardio for 15 minutes + a bit of abs
Thursday - upon waking HIIT cardio for 15 minutes - - then at noon time - Biceps and Triceps
Friday - upon waking HIIT cardio for 15 minutes - - then at noon time - Abs and Chest
Weekends off

Then, I'll do my refeeds on Monday and Thursdays instead of Mondays and Fridays.

Lemme know, pros and cons, and your input before I go for this change! Thanks!!!

burlyman30
05-22-2013, 02:36 PM
New routine looks fine. If you want to enhance your bicep size, begin to incorporate some pulldown or row exercises with palms facing you. This puts the bicep in a supinated position and will stress the bicep over the brachialis. Heavy back work with this grip change may do more for your bicep growth than your bicep workout itself.

VayneZ
05-22-2013, 02:46 PM
New routine looks fine. If you want to enhance your bicep size, begin to incorporate some pulldown or row exercises with palms facing you. This puts the bicep in a supinated position and will stress the bicep over the brachialis. Heavy back work with this grip change may do more for your bicep growth than your bicep workout itself.

Nice!! I'll def look into this Burly! You have any sites or videos that shows a good example?

burlyman30
05-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Nice!! I'll def look into this Burly! You have any sites or videos that shows a good example?

Found this real quick online. It gives you an idea. Same grip with pullups/pulldowns. Definitely stresses the bicep more and will hit the back at a little different angle.

Bicep Rows - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXQLcSptq28)

VayneZ
05-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Thanks bro this seems like a really good and needed change. You suggest focusing at least 1 of my back exercises each week on the biceps? Perhaps do 4 different exercises, and stress one of them close grip, palms up, isolating as much as possible toward the bicep?

burlyman30
05-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Thanks bro this seems like a really good and needed change. You suggest focusing at least 1 of my back exercises each week on the biceps? Perhaps do 4 different exercises, and stress one of them close grip, palms up, isolating as much as possible toward the bicep?

Yeah. That would be a good place to start. Give it a month and adjust from there. And alternate which movement you switch the grip on. Some will likely give you a better feel than others. Use that feedback as you go forward.

VayneZ
05-22-2013, 07:56 PM
Yeah. That would be a good place to start. Give it a month and adjust from there. And alternate which movement you switch the grip on. Some will likely give you a better feel than others. Use that feedback as you go forward.

You're the man Bur!

VayneZ
05-23-2013, 08:58 AM
After shadow-boxing cardio in the morning

Last night before bed

So, 4th day on ECA... so far I'm liking the euphoric feel. And I'm sweating intensely all day.

VayneZ
05-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Pre-CarbNite ULC meal 1
8 eggs (3 with yoke)
a hand of red peppers
a hand of green peppers
2 hands of oinions
4 slices of turkey
3/4 TBSP of Coconut oil
1/3 cup of Wallnuts

O_RYAN_007
05-24-2013, 08:51 AM
WOW, thats a lot of food! Eat big to get big bud!

Scope75
05-24-2013, 09:41 AM
Nice eats...
The throw it in the pan meals are some of my favorite and always taste killer.

VayneZ
05-26-2013, 06:22 PM
WOW, thats a lot of food! Eat big to get big bud!

So far so good on the ECA run and higher protein intake. Recently kicked in Thyrocaps and this week I'll start with Vanillean as well. Together with the high protein intake, I def see more and more definition coming out! Will update some pics soon. But def bro, I'm getting hungry every hour.

Nice eats...
The throw it in the pan meals are some of my favorite and always taste killer.

You're the chef sensei Scope! :cool:

VayneZ
05-27-2013, 04:23 PM
Carb-upz

Tilapia and Baked Potato
Chicken breast and Jasmine White Rice

VayneZ
05-30-2013, 08:05 PM
In Carb Depletion (3rd day), after a good arm workout

- - - Updated - - -

VayneZ
06-27-2013, 11:02 AM
Will be updating again in a bit. 3 weeks until I start my cycle.

h2s
06-27-2013, 11:44 AM
Looking good brother.

VayneZ
06-27-2013, 04:27 PM
thnx h2s.

Right now I'm slowly reducing my overall fat intake, especially with the Coconut oil, and running CarbNite's twice a week, around 7 hours tops, last carb meal 2 hours before I crash (probably have a tuna right before bed on Carbnite's).

I'll run a week of ULC straight before my cycle, and start CBL 3x a week, and the other 4 days ULC.

Mondays will be CBL for 3-4 hours straight after workout (sleep 2 hours after my last carb meal)
THursdays CBL for 2-3 hours straight after workout (sleep 2 hours after my last carb meal)
Friday CBL for 2 hours straight after workout (crash 2 hours after last carb meal).

Might end up running CBL 4 times a week.

Cycle's gonna be:
150mg Mechabol a day (split dose)
6 gel caps of AndroBulk a day in the morning
6 gel caps of AndroMass a day in the morning (first 3.5 weeks)
6 gel caps of AndroHard a day in the morning (last 3 weeks)

cycle will be 6.5 weeks long, and will focus on gaining some mass as lean as possible, with the aid of the switch from CarbNite to Carb Back Load.

PCT will be about 5 weeks of Clomid, TRS stack and TCF-1.

Will up my fat intake and my protein intake at the start of the cycle. And Carb meals will be heavier, yet shorter window throughout the carb days.

3 weeks to go, any advise from you guys would be all much appreciated!

VayneZ
06-27-2013, 04:49 PM
Last Carb Meal for the day, after a box of poptarts post workout, about 900 grams of baked potato's with turkey in 2 settings and 2 cups of white rice... in a 6.5 hour window, to keep things in the 7 hour window max'd

Scope's my rolemodel :rolleyes:

Scope75
06-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Glad to read your still killing it.

VayneZ
07-01-2013, 07:49 PM
So today I started adapting little by little toward Cab Back loading.

My schedule was kinda like this:
8:00AM - got up, made breakfast, hit the gym on Glutamine, BCAA's and creatine monohydrate, 1/2 tbp of Coconut oil and my ECY stack (been experimenting a bit with Yohimbine in the AM's instead of Asprin lately) + Vanillean + 2x thyrocaps.
9:00AM - got to the gym, killed HIIT style workout especially for different ab movements, got out in about 20 minutes tops
9:45AM - ate breakfast, showered, was at work a little before 10:30 AM.
12:00PM - Can of tuna, Low fat cottage cheese and sliced almonds
2:00PM - 70 grams of Brocolli and Cauliflower mix + 160 grams of Grouper fish
3:00PM - 1x Vanillean, 1x thyrocap, ECA stack (this time with the asprin) + 1000mg's of PLCAR
3:15PM - Got off of work (today's part time).

Made it to the gym at 3:30 PM and killed delts, started with pre-exhaustion on the medial delts, only 2 sets of 2 different exercises. 1) kettlebell lateral raise, single arm, hanging with the other arm for extra range of motion and 2) Really light, around 20 pound straight elbow lateral raises (holding it up for a few seconds each time). Then did 4 sets of military press, finished with 80 pound dumbbells, which kinda became a challenge after my medials were DEAD, (I could go around 90 pounds without spot just fine... but today 80's was killer to make it to 8 reps without any spot). Then finished with handle-less cable grip bended down, triggering posterior deltoids with about 25 pounds and then upping it to 40 pounds, felt an amazing pump (love working delts with precision on the different muscles everytime).

4:00PM sharp started drinking my 70 grams of Glyco-Maize + 35 grams of HydroWhey shake mix through back workout.

Started with really wide grip pullups (going a bit wider than shoulder width, and really focusing on the width of the lats, pausing at 3 different contraction points on the way up, and really going down and stretching fully and slowly) 4 sets of those. Then went to do a similar movement with the 2 opposite handles on the machine, and nailing that one heavy, about 2 sets. Then did 3 sets of overhead, went light, about 50 pounds, to really focus on contraction point and especially the stretch. And ended with single arm, fully bended on the dumbbell stack, dumbbells rows.
60 pounds x 15 reps
70 pounds x 8 reps
80 pounds x 6 reps
Really squeezed the fully contracted position for about 2-3 seconds, even with the 80's.. and that was it.. I was dead afterward. (sat down and ate a few poptarts), then head home.

5:30PM - 700 grams of Baked potato + 75 grams of Grouper fish (see below)

7:45PM - 3.5 cups of white rice + 75 grams of Grouper fish.
now, I'm about to hit my casein shake and then crash good and deep.

Scope75
07-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Nice clean backload...

What's your total calories macro breakdown on your ULC and CBL days??

VayneZ
07-03-2013, 01:41 PM
Nice clean backload...

What's your total calories macro breakdown on your ULC and CBL days??

Haven't gotten too deep into calorie details. But on ULC days I would probably consume about 7 meals of about 35 grams of protein each. Carbs area as low as possible, and I get them out of about 2 handful of almonds or wallnuts, and probably 1/4 cup cottage cheese. The little carbs I would get from Broccoli and artichoke or some other veggies also. Fat comes from the 3 egg yokes, about 3 TBPS's top of coconut oil and avacado's.

CBL's are basically the same throughout the day till around 4PM when I take in as much carb as I can possibly take in 3-4 hours.

2 more weeks and I'll be on the cycle, so I'll see if I might raise up the protein and fat a bit more

VayneZ
07-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Arm day was beautiful. 2 week more for my cycle!

1) Chin ups - 3 sets of slow contracted movements (really close grip and holding it for 5 seconds all the way up fully contracted)

2) Preacher curls close grip
15 x 20 lbs
12 x 30 lbs
7 x 40 lbs, drop to 6 x 30 lbs, drop to 7 x 20 lbs

3) shoulder height, machine rope hammers
15 x 25 (each arm)
10 x 40 (each arm)
8 x 55, drop to 6 x 40, drop to 7 x 25 (each arm)

4) 1 set of overhead curls on the machine, pyramid style. 12 x 40, 6 x 55, 6 x 40 (last drop with 5 second pauses)

Tri's
1) Weighted Dips 4 sets (only 45 lbs) x 12-15 reps

2) Overhead tricep extentions, curl bars, on shoulder press straight bench
15 x 70
10 x 90 drop to 10 x 70
8 x 100 drop to 8 x 70

3) rope pulldowns, contracted in 3 different angles all the way down and open wide
20 x 40
15 x 55
10 x 70, drop to 10 x 55, drop to 10 x 40

Drank my post workout shake and 4 poptarts got home and took this picture: (I wish my arms would look this way permanently :( )

VayneZ
07-05-2013, 04:56 PM
A glimpse of the bodyfat and wheelz 2 weeks before cycle:

VayneZ
07-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Recent pics of this week.

Exactly 1 week out before my cycle! Can't wait!

- - - Updated - - -

burlyman30
07-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Back shot?

VayneZ
07-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Back shot?

Burly, I was just about to crash... But I value your advise/pointers so highly that I had to take these... the lat spread came a bit blurry though...

- - - Updated - - -

O_RYAN_007
07-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Nice V taper going on bud!

WesleyInman
07-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Just saw this!! Very cool, I will be following :)

Scope75
07-11-2013, 09:59 PM
Looking good bro...

VayneZ
07-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Thanks guys! I'm looking to add as much size to my weak areas as possible through this cycle. I don't really ''believe'' this cycle will make much difference, but I will be using the opportunity to up my cals, especially protein and a little bit more fat. Carbs will basically stay 3x a week, CarbLoad style (3-4 hour window of refeed post workout).

I'll do my best to give as much details as possible of the ride. Any advises or pointers along the way, always feel free to voice them. It's gonna be war.

VayneZ
07-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Woke up, prepared breakfast, hit the gym for 45 minutes, abs and calves, got home ate, showered, went to work...

Got to the gym at 4:45 for Sumo Deadz, WesInMan-Traps and chest.... feeling confident as I set up the bar ready to DEADLIFT! little did I know what this workout would do...

Week's history:
Tuesday I did a killer squat session combo.
4 sets of basic squats... last set 365 pounds, 6 reps, perhaps a bit improper form but without spot, which was a personal pr to me.

Right after I did close legged squats at the smith machine, not to heavy, just a plate of 45 on each side, but with my butt almost touching the ground, focusing on slow contraction. Did about 4 sets of that, and repping out 12+

Afterwards did Leg Press and pyramid sets of leg extentions.

My Leg was still sore as HELL today. I can't remember the last time I felt this sore!!! Not even on AAS did I feel this deep soreness.

So, back to today
Loaded with confidence and completely forgetting about my soreness, I was repping out on 315's sumo... no problem. Went for 405. Gym was loaded and people were starring... a lot of pressure. Went for the kill. Made it to about 3/4 and in the mirror my throat was filled with veins, even my forehead had veins. I gave it my all... and failed... felt MISERABLE! But I had to admit defeat as my forearms and lower back was basically DESTROYED. Sad thing was, this was the first exercise of the day :(

As I starred at my hands, not feeling anything because of the endorphins and insane adrenaline, I noticed my hands were both bleeding:

I continued...

Did 3 sets of Wes' Traps workout. Counting to 10, 20 reps, as my mind was set to nail that. The last set my forearm gave in, but I immediately picked up the plates and finished it. Went to start incline fly's

Went really light, 2x dumbbells of 15 pounds, and stretched and contracted as wide and as slow as possible, slowly building up.

This is where I started to feel the steel in my wounds. Went and asked for alcohol, which BURNED! and then continued.

Did 3 sets of pyramid fly's then went to close grip, slow contracted flat bench, elbows in, right alongside torso, and contracting 3 times, on the way up. Finished with 3 sets of decline press machines.

When I got home... I felt incredibly DESTROYED. I finally felt my quads and they are on a whole new level of soreness. My Lower back and forearms... they need rehab... BAD. My Traps will for sure be sore tomorrow morning! (thanks for this Wes!).

Right now... I will sleep, and not wake up, until around 8 or 9am tomorrow... My body is in need of repair.

Still feel bad about failing the deadz, but I will not do any deadlift for 2 weeks... and avoid heavy training next week. In 2 weeks, (1 week on cycle) I will attempt 425 pounds, conventional deadz... That's the goal :mad:

h2s
07-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Nice work Vaynez.

VayneZ
07-13-2013, 06:56 PM
Nice work Vaynez.

Thanks h2! I will need YOU through this bro! :)

I actually slept 12 hours straight, woke up almost around 10am this morning. Good thing I had the morning completely off. My whole body is a mess, but I'm hoping to be completely recovered by Monday to hit delts and back hard.

My legs and lower back was messed up the whole day.. but recent, about since sundown, my chest and TRAPS kicked in! Wes! that workout was killer! Will def be doing this twice a week for now!

VayneZ
07-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Thursday I'll start my cycle, with 100mg of Mechabol per day (split dose). So I'll be taking before pics through the week up to Thursday.

VayneZ
07-16-2013, 05:12 PM
This might take awhile to read, but It's a typical week eating routine of the kind of Carb Back Load I've been doing for the last 2 weeks, which has brought MUCH MUCH amazing results!!! Still Hormone free! Will probably increase protein and fat a little during my cycle

Note: this is just an example of one week, I very it along these same exact lines though, just different meals that serve the same amount of macro's and purpose!

Note2: Grams as to SOLID food = how much they weigh on a scale. Grams as to protein or carb shake = How much they actually contain!

(every meal is cooked with Coconut oil!)
Monday
AM Cardio Empty stomach ABS workout (30 minutes) (BCAA, Glutamine, Amino Deconate, 2 TBSP black coffee, ½ TBSP Coconut Oil)
1. 7 eggs (4 white), a hand of green peppers, a hand of red peppers, mushrooms, 1/3 cup of walnuts, 1 slice of roastbeef fried with ½ TBSP of coconut oil.
2. Can of Tuna + ¼ cup of Cottage Cheese + ¼ cup of sliced almonds
3. 70 grams of broccoli + 160 grams of Tilapia Fish
DELTS and BACK and TRAPS WORKOUT
4. 1.5 x scoop of Hydrolyzed whey (35 grams of protein) + 2x scoops of GlycoMaize + 2x scoops of GlycoJet (120 grams of FAST carbs), ½ TBSP coconut oil (during last 30 minutes of workout)
5. 700 grams of Baked potato + 75 grams of Tilapia Fish
6. 4 cups of white Jasmin Rice + 75 grams of Tilapia Fish
7. 35 grams of casein shake (with ½ TBSP of coconut oil), then sleep
8. (wake up to pee in the early AM) another 35 grams of casein shake (already next to my bed)

Tuesday
1. 25 grams of hydrowhey, 2 TBSP of coffee, ½ TBSP of Coconut oil.
LEG WORKOUT
2. 35 grams of Hydrowhey + ½ coconut oil (during last 30 minutes of workout)
3. 7 eggs (4 white), a hand of green peppers, a hand of red peppers, mushrooms, 1/3 cup of walnuts, 1 slice of roastbeef fried with ½ TBSP of coconut oil.
4. 70 grams of avocado + 160 grams of Ground Turkey
5. 70 grams of avocado + 160 grams of Ground Turkey
6. 70 grams of avocado + 160 grams of Ground Turkey
8. (wake up to pee in the early AM) another 35 grams of casein shake (already next to my bed)

Wednesday
AM empty stomach HIIT ala crossfit (15 minutes) (BCAA, Glutamine, Amino Deconate, 2 TBSP black coffee, ½ TBSP Coconut Oil)
1. 7 eggs (4 white), a hand of green peppers, a hand of red peppers, mushrooms, 1/3 cup of walnuts, 1 slice of roastbeef fried with ½ TBSP of coconut oil.
2. 70 grams of avocado + 120 grams of Chicken Breast
3. 70 grams of avocado + 120 grams of Chicken Breast
4. 35 grams of Hydrowhey + ½ coconut oil
5. 70 grams of avocado + 160 grams of Chicken Breast
6. 35 grams of casein shake (with ½ TBSP of coconut oil), then sleep
7. (wake up to pee in the early AM) another 35 grams of casein shake (already next to my bed)

Thursday
AM Cardio Empty stomach LOWER BACK + BUTT workout (30 minutes) (BCAA, Glutamine, Amino Deconate, 2 TBSP black coffee, ½ TBSP Coconut Oil)
2. Can of Tuna + ¼ cup of Cottage Cheese + ¼ cup of sliced almonds
3. 70 grams of broccoli + 160 grams of Turkey
ARMS WORKOUT
4. 1.5 x scoop of Hydrolyzed whey (35 grams of protein) + 2x scoops of GlycoMaize + 2x scoops of GlycoJet (120 grams of FAST carbs), ½ TBSP coconut oil (during last 30 minutes of workout)
5. 700 grams of Baked potato + 75 grams of Turkey
6. 4 cups of white Jasmin Rice + 75 grams of Turkey

Friday
AM Cardio Empty stomach CALVES and ABS workout (30 minutes) (BCAA, Glutamine, Amino Deconate, 2 TBSP black coffee, ½ TBSP Coconut Oil)
2. 70 grams of Artichok + 160 grams of Salmon
3. 70 grams of Artichok + 160 grams of Salmon
DEADZ + TRAPS + CHEST WORKOUT
5. 4 cups of white Jasmin Rice + 75 grams of Turkey
7. (wake up to pee in the early AM) another 35 grams of casein shake (already next to my bed)

Weekend
Basically just stretch in the morning and then stick to Saturday + Sunday each:
2. 70 grams of avocado + 120 grams of Chicken Breast
3. 70 grams of avocado + 120 grams of Chicken Breast
4. 35 grams of Hydrowhey + ½ coconut oil
5. 70 grams of avocado + 160 grams of Chicken Breast

- - - Updated - - -

Before pictures of the wheelzzz

VayneZ
07-18-2013, 07:19 PM
Last Before's!

VayneZ
07-18-2013, 07:24 PM

day 1, took 125mg of mecha in 3 doses. Arms workout was amazing, felt a really sick drive. And I have a feeling I will be really sore tomorrow. Also did Chest this morning. Will have a 3 day rest before I kick in the Andro's!

Through this cycle I'll be looking to add size to my calves and arms. If there are any advises in this area, and based on my current schedule, I'm all ears SS-crew :)

O_RYAN_007
07-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Chest and traps looking solid buddy!

weekend
07-19-2013, 03:31 AM
For calves, I've been making substantial gains by doing them 4 to 5 times a week for 4-6 sets at the beginning of each workout. Make sure to hold at the top and rest completely at the bottom (no bouncing) sets of 20. Similar to Wes' trap routine in pain level, but I probably only reach that level for the last 2 sets or so.

Arms wise I really like weighted underhand pullups, weighted dips, cross body hammer curls (go heavy and hold at the top, I like to use momentum a bit on the way up) and then the close grip barbell floor press is awesome for tris if you rest at the bottom and explode up. I suspect regular width grip floor press put my bench numbers way higher also)

I also think to take advantage of extra recovery get those main lifts heavier.. And if you have any lagging body parts hit them often! I like doing pullups almost every day on cycle separate from my workout just because I think my back needs more work than anything else

VayneZ
07-19-2013, 04:35 PM
Thanks Ryan!

Weekend,
I'm def gonna do some weighted underhand pullups after my AM routines. Haven't done cross body hammer curls for awhile good tip! And I'm gonna do calves more times a week, and I'll absorb what you said in use that knowledge into my workouts. Thanks for the pointers dude!!

VayneZ
07-26-2013, 08:56 PM
man.. been busy the first week of the cycle but, my veins are sick when I'm working out. Veins come all over my traps. I feel as if my body's growing (might just be placebo effect), def stronger.

made some pr!!!!
405 x 8 in squats last tuesday (only the last 2 reps where spotted)
425 x 1 Conventional Deadz today... when I nailed that dude I was so happy.

As my focus is on Strength and Mass for now... I'll be aiming for both of that and a lot of CONTROL on the Heavier weights. This weekend I gotta recover bad...

Since I'm on cycle, would it be a good idea to do deadz once every week? I really wanna use the advantage of the cycle to try and build up my max in both squats and deadz! Advise is always welcome!

h2s
07-27-2013, 04:38 PM
Deadlifts are always appropriate.

Nice squat.

WesleyInman
07-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Excellent updates..you seem super motivated!! I like it..keep up the hard work man..can't wait to see the end result :)

VayneZ
07-31-2013, 07:53 PM
Deadlifts are always appropriate.

Nice squat.

Thank h2! I actually kinda messed up my knee joints going pretty low on 405's yesterday, squats. 8 reps, last two I went really down and with spotting. Been putting some hot balsam muscle/joint cream and was able to do light cardio today just fine. Friday, depending on how it feels, I might sumo dead or abstain till next Tuesday again... perhaps lighter squats, depending on my knees.

Excellent updates..you seem super motivated!! I like it..keep up the hard work man..can't wait to see the end result :)

Wes, Thanks bro! I've been feeling pretty bloated already. Been hectic but will take some pictures before the weekend. Strength's def up, and eventhough I'm bloated, veins are running all over my delts and traps when I'm pumping up. Just amazing!

VayneZ
08-01-2013, 05:27 PM
2 weeks in the cycle. Protein intake is gradually increasing. Fat intake has doubled up and cruising around 1g per bodyweight in pound right now.

I see my abs disappearing, but the gains are amazing. Hopefully I won't gain too much bodyfat and it's just water retention.

- - - Updated - - -

O_RYAN_007
08-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Wait on the squatting and deadlifting till tues. Lay off the cardio too, but if you do want to do any type of cardio, do it in a pool. Pretty much no/to low impact and you still burn calls. What are your goals? Size or strength? If it's strength, THE MASS WILL COME! Hit deads monday, bench tues, off wed, squats thurs, and train either friday or sat. Even if you're on cycle your body still needs rest, I have really started noticing this myself! Kill abs everytime you train, and do cardio (light impact) on off days, or maybe even 2-a-days if you have the time. THis is how I'm training these days, and I've never been stronger (naturally) and I look pretty fkn solid too!

VayneZ
08-02-2013, 06:29 PM
A pool would be great! and yeah, if i had the time that would be perfect. Maybe I could go to the beach this weekend (the benefits of living on a small Island).

I usually rest the entire weekend. Always static on the eating routine though. I'm always busy doing something, even weekends, never get the time to even go out lol.

As per my goals, I want to def gain more strength, and size up my arms and calves a bit. This year it's all about strength. But wanna stay as lean as I possibly can. In 2014 I want to lean out, keeping as much strength as possible. So it's all long term to that hypertrophy look but yet with strength and control.

Since I have 4.5 more weeks of this cycle, I wanna gain as much strength with proper solid form as possible and try and keep it through PCT.

Sorrow
08-04-2013, 08:03 AM
How's the knee man? You've put in hard work and have great results to show for it! Your one dedicated mofo!

VayneZ
08-04-2013, 11:32 AM
How's the knee man? You've put in hard work and have great results to show for it! Your one dedicated mofo!

Sorrow!!! To Have you here is a great joy my old friend!

I'm walking very well, can cardio on machines like steppers, low intensity treadmills. I even nailed 405 Last Friday in Sumo Deadz, one rep max. Didn't feel my knee at all. But when I do a squat bend (even without weights on my shoulders) I feel it when I go a bit low.

I've been taking joint meds, resting my legs as much as I can and putting this Geliga Muscular Balm on it (which burns!!).

Tuesday is leg day.... I will see if I can at least squat light and perhaps without going to low, just to keep the knee stimulated. If it still hurts... I might have to skip squat :(

What would you advise in this scenario?, since you have many experience in this field

Sorrow
08-06-2013, 08:18 PM
Its most likely the style of squatting your performing. Depending on how wide your stance is as well as how far your knee is going forward. Not sure I have any good videos on hand to show you what I mean but my guess is as your descending in your squat your letting your knees go to far forward to try and get depth. Have any video's showing your squat? Use a knee sleeve to keep some warmth on the knee and or knee wraps can help tremendously with stability. Knee's and shoulders are kind of hard for me to help with via the wonderful internet.. much better at helping in person but from the sounds of things my best guess would be angles of ankle / knee. Normally I'd have someone drill on technique, wall squat, goblet squats, box squats, and kettlebell drills. As an option you could work in some kettlebell swings then do normal accessory work like leg press, leg curl, pull throughs, etc.

Perhaps message Wesley or Rodja and get there opinions they are very knowledgeable. I'm hesitant to say too much without seeing what's specifically causing the pain.

I have no doubt you'll drive on and continue to grow man, you've been doing phenomenal work!

VayneZ
08-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the ideas Sorrow!

Yesterday I squatted... ended up finishing with a drop set of 405 (6 reps), 315 (6 reps), 225 til failure... only a few reps, maybe 4.
I actually felt my knees in the morning before leaving to the gym... and thought that I'm just wasting my time, since it's leg day. There was a good ol friend who has way more knowledge than I have, whom I haven't seen for awhile and he was squatting 405's and invited me to join in. Since I mentioned my knees and explained where the pain was, he assured me that squatting will actually aid recover in this case. And I used his knee wraps. First time I ever used wraps!!!

My lower back killed me at 405... I guess I was stressing to much on keeping the stress off of my knees that it was placed on the lower back. Could barely walk last night, but after a good night's rest I woke up and hit leg extentions really light, sets of slow reps, and dedicated 20 minutes on leg extentions. I will do this every day before each workout (This I was advised would get me kneecap issue solved).

Wes or Rodja, if you guys are around, it would be much appreciated to hear your advise! I guess I've never been lifting this heavy before, so I'm dealing with pain I never really knew before.

Friday's Deadlifts!!! I really wanna kick it heavy! Should I go for it? with the knee wraps?? Advises are much needed! Thanks

VayneZ
08-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Bad news guys:

I've been suffering from severe depression for months already. Since I've started the cycle, I believe it started getting worse to the point of contemplating suicide.

I have been seeing a psychiatrist for 2 years now... and last time she mentioned, the possibility of starting a new medication. Mind you I've been off of anti-depressants for a year now... But I guess I have to go back on them.

As much as it sucks really.. I have to be off of every hormones if I'm gonna benefit from trying this new med (actually mood stabilizer this time).

So I'll pretty much run this cycle through only the first bottles of the PP stuff (bulk and mass), which will be done The Sunday after this one. And I'll gradually taper down my mechabol dose. 150, 125, 100, 75, 50 and then the last day I'll only take one pill in the morning with my last PP dose. And then start on my PCT of TRS + TCF-1 and Clomid. That will be the same week I will see my doc... so hopefully all goes well.

I guess I got just 9 more days to really kick it now. Just wanted you guys to know. I rather be able to think straight, then look swole only on the outside.

ryhigh
08-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Hope things start to get better for you bud. Sounds to me you are keeping a positive outlook, good for you. I've been battling he same thing for years also. I'm sure things will ease up for you a bit

xxiv
08-08-2013, 03:37 PM
I rather be able to think straight, then look swole only on the outside.

Are you E sensitive? You running an AI?
I get a little emo every so often and a little anastrozole seems to screw my head back on. It started with my last cycle and pct when I noticed how great I felt. For the last 8 months or so whenever I feel a little wonky and start getting nightmares I dose once or twice and I feel fine. If a cartoon gets me weepy eyed I know I'm ready for another squirt. Could just be in my head but thats where the problem starts anyway so whatever helps is good.

Feel better and there is always more time to get ripped.

VayneZ
08-08-2013, 05:10 PM
tnx for the support guys. And xxiv, I have anastrozole on hand. During my AAS cycle awhile ago I ran it at .5mg daily. I guess it would be a good idea to run it .5mg eod these last 10 days right? And continue through PCT?

Any advise on this matter?

WesleyInman
08-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Wishing you the best VayneZ..sorry to hear you are struggling with this right now..Keep your head up man :)

xxiv
08-08-2013, 07:41 PM
tnx for the support guys. And xxiv, I have anastrozole on hand. During my AAS cycle awhile ago I ran it at .5mg daily. I guess it would be a good idea to run it .5mg eod these last 10 days right? And continue through PCT?

Any advise on this matter?

I would start with .25 e3d. I am super sensitive and just a little drop made a huge difference. My first pct this time last year was hell and horror because i had otc e control, if anyone recalls my log at PP..... I was out of my mind. After my first taste of a real AI i knew it was what i was missing.

I felt so wound up and frantic it was like I was a teenager again, I just needed to turn my mind down a little to put everything back into prespective. Od was very helpful at that time....Honestly, mental health comes first, just relax and you'll be fine. Take some time off. Cut your cycle short. pct. Keep in mind you are pcting if an episode come on, take a deep breath and just mellow.

Pick up a new hobby, I actullay playstarted playing folk songs on the harmonica and guitar and singing, it's very relaxing. Get some more tattoos, get a reverse tramp stamp like mine.

O_RYAN_007
08-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Doing leg extensions and backward walk sled pulls works the stabilizer muscle around the knee, so I'd def say give it a go. We do them after every squat day right after we do reverse hypers.

VayneZ
08-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Wes thanks for checking in and I'll do my best to stay focused, Bodybuilding was what got me out of hard drugs 5 years ago (can't believe its been 5 years already), and will keep working toward my goals.

XXIV, right now... I'm wayy to busy to pick up a new hobby... I bought a 7-string hellraiser, Schecter diamond series guitar last year... I rarely get the time to play something. But I'll take your advise on the .25 every 3 days!

Ryan, I will have to look into Reverse Hypers! sounds interesting.

All in all, I was doing great before I started my cycle 2.5 weeks ago.... so I hope PCT goes smooth and I can continue making progress drug free for now, until I find some sort of balance in my head to smile again.... These days, it's just about schedules, routines priorities.

I was REALLY depressed Wednesday, didn't even want to eat... but every 1.5 hours, I FORCE myself to eat. Everything is done because of routine, and if (I know myself well), if I skip a meal, or skip a certain aspect of what has to be done in a day (and my days are a handful), I know it will get worse! So I stick to the routine.

Thanks to you guys also and this awesome board, I know much more now about the lifestyle then ever before.

O_RYAN_007
08-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Reverse hypers are amazing at improving your lower posterior chain strength. I love it, my training partner owns one from Westside Barbell, the newest model that Louie Simmons came out with. You can youtube some vids on doing these without the Westside barbell machine.

Sperwer
08-08-2013, 11:38 PM
Wes thanks for checking in and I'll do my best to stay focused, Bodybuilding was what got me out of hard drugs 5 years ago (can't believe its been 5 years already), and will keep working toward my goals.

XXIV, right now... I'm wayy to busy to pick up a new hobby... I bought a 7-string hellraiser, Schecter diamond series guitar last year... I rarely get the time to play something. But I'll take your advise on the .25 every 3 days!

Ryan, I will have to look into Reverse Hypers! sounds interesting.

All in all, I was doing great before I started my cycle 2.5 weeks ago.... so I hope PCT goes smooth and I can continue making progress drug free for now, until I find some sort of balance in my head to smile again.... These days, it's just about schedules, routines priorities.

I was REALLY depressed Wednesday, didn't even want to eat... but every 1.5 hours, I FORCE myself to eat. Everything is done because of routine, and if (I know myself well), if I skip a meal, or skip a certain aspect of what has to be done in a day (and my days are a handful), I know it will get worse! So I stick to the routine.

Thanks to you guys also and this awesome board, I know much more now about the lifestyle then ever before.

Sorry to hear about your situation brother. Been there too, so i feel you. You are doing the right thing by sticking to a routine; worked to keep me out of the shit until thins started getting better. Keep in mind thst it tskes time for a system reset after something like hard drug use. Hell, when I started BB it took 5 years to recalibrate physically and emotionally from bad (inter-related) nutritional , work and recreation habits, let alone something like drug dependency. Also, i suggest taking a look at other things, especially any sense of disappointed at gaps between aspirations and achievements in various parts of your life and sorting out how to make the necessary adjustments. In the meantime, keep up the lifting. You've accomplished a lot to be satisfied with there. Savor that accomplishment by continuing to work it.

Grandpa out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O_RYAN_007
08-09-2013, 05:37 AM
Sorry to hear about your situation brother. Been there too, so i feel you. You are doing the right thing by sticking to a routine; worked to keep me out of the shit until thins started getting better. Keep in mind thst it tskes time for a system reset after something like hard drug use. Hell, when I started BB it took 5 years to recalibrate physically and emotionally from bad (inter-related) nutritional , work and recreation habits, let alone something like drug dependency. Also, i suggest taking a look at other things, especially any sense of disappointed at gaps between aspirations and achievements in various parts of your life and sorting out how to make the necessary adjustments. In the meantime, keep up the lifting. You've accomplished a lot to be satisfied with there. Savor that accomplishment by continuing to work it.

Grandpa out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To add to this, I would say stay away from heavy squatting so you can heel and so you wont be out of commission because you get hurt. That would REALLY make things a lot worse. Look into doing more mobility work and stretching your lower body. I know things are going to get better for my my friend. You're an extremely positive person and I know things will get better. Stay positive, be patience, and just KNOW things will improve.

Sorrow
08-09-2013, 05:19 PM
First things first, you've done amazing work man! Don't loose perspective on what a wonderful job you've done being you! There will never be another like you. You have continued to drive forward making yourself that much more then you were the day before. Beyond being a member of this community you are a man that decided to walk away from what was dragging you down. As a man you continue to push yourself forward and define, then redefine, your own physique. That my friend is no easy feet.
Let every pound on the bar be a fight, let each new day your victory!
Take care of yourself first.

As far as the knee I suspect you've developed muscular strength at a rapid pace, now you need to give the ligaments some time to catch up. Also keep refining your technique. Sounds like you're on the right path and trying some solid techniques to help build your knee up. Just be careful with it and take the time you need. The hormones help but it is your determination that ultimately paves the way. Cycle or no cycle you can continue to improve.

VayneZ
08-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Ryan

I took a glimpse at the Louie Simmons machine. I wish I had that! Seems like the perfect therapy movement after heavy squatting or deadlifts. I'm gonna look for ways to do it without the machine. I used to just lay on the dumbbell rack with my arms crossed on them and my face as well, and do a similar movement, one leg at a time, which I did to help my back, buttocks and hams. Probably something similar right? I'll look into it.

Grandpa Sperwer! With your lifetime of experiences I take those words to heart my friend. Along what you said, perhaps there are certain things in my personal life which would contribute to the overall depression as well. Always had it... Didn't realize how bad it was until I laid off drugs... I guess these last 5 years it was harder than ever. But for some reason, it seems to get worse by the years... I seem to get stronger also.. and have to somehow get through this dip.

Sorrow,

Thanks man! I do believe I have added a LOT of strength to my physique THIS particular year. And all of it, hormone free. Especially my squats, like Ryan advised as well, I will try to go a bit lighter, at least through PCT, so that I can get a good range of reps and then slowly, (as you advised) let my ligaments catch up.

You guys have no idea how much comfort and mental endurance your words provide for me.

Yesterday, Was a good day btw!

Finally nailed 455 pounds, perfect motion, on deadz:

For a little guy like myself, that was unbelievable!

VayneZ
08-11-2013, 10:20 AM
August 10 - Starting to look more and more ''powerlifter-ish''. Bulky Bulky mang

xxiv
08-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Yesterday, Was a good day btw!

Finally nailed 455 pounds, perfect motion, on deadz:
[
For a little guy like myself, that was unbelievable!

great lift, 2.5 your bw for a dead is pretty sick.

VayneZ
08-11-2013, 04:32 PM
great lift, 2.5 your bw for a dead is pretty sick.

Than xx,

these days I'm so driven by powerlifting influence, that I just wanna make it 3x my bodyweight before I rly start focusing on getting ripped :mad:

h2s
08-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Than xx,

these days I'm so driven by powerlifting influence, that I just wanna make it 3x my bodyweight before I rly start focusing on getting ripped :mad:

That focus will keep you going.

VayneZ
08-11-2013, 07:25 PM
That focus will keep you going.

The flame must stay through PCT and beyond and it'll be an awesome year for growth.
Hopefully the bones and legiments will adapt to the heavier weight as well.

Still have my weeks where I rep out to 20 on most sets, but I am focusing on even with higher reps to become strong(er) and yet have more control on proper movements

O_RYAN_007
08-11-2013, 09:28 PM
Looking good bub, what weight you at?

WesleyInman
08-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Nice work on the 455DL!! Keep up the hard work..looking forward to seeing 500 very soon :)

VayneZ
08-14-2013, 04:36 PM

Thanks bro! Honestly no idea... But I will weigh myself tomorrow. I hope I'm around 190... not that it really matters though lol

Nice work on the 455DL!! Keep up the hard work..looking forward to seeing 500 very soon :)

Thanks Wes! And yeah, I will attempt 475 Friday. Just to see if it would be possible. I never expected to nail 455... but it was done!

Did a drop set of squats yesterday
405 x 6 drop to 315 x 6 drop to 225 x 4 and that was it!!! I was dead... as soon as I got back up, killed stiff leg deadz and went as high as 275... which I only nailed 3 reps.

Ryan thanks so much for the reverse hyper idea! After that cruel lower back torment I did it on a medicine ball placed on a flat bench. Today I woke up with NO lower back pain at all!

Knees are pretty much painfree as well. The only thing that seems to be thorn are my inner elbow area running into my bicep. If I contract my bicep I feel it bad, feels like a tendon or some ''cable'' around the muscle got thorn. Not sure where it came from, maybe pullups of the way I held the bar while squatting. But I placed this ointment on it that burns bad, and the pain kinda went away. I hope I feel good for tomorrow since it's arms day.

VayneZ
08-23-2013, 07:56 PM

Finally I can reply that I'm sitting around 187 pounds at the moment.

And guess what guys! After repping out 5x on 405's, I went for the kill. 475 pounds.... mind you the whole gym was starring. We don't have a lot of powerlifters here, nor their kind of mentality. And you rarely see guys do deadz, even those who compete and are huge.

Tbh, I believed I was just gonna fail, but I said: eh, the fire is burning, lemme just nail this after a whole week of feeling really messed up depressed! and I actually nailed it... all the way!!!! pr!!!!!!!!

A guy filmed it... and said he'll send me it. As soon as he does, I'll post it here.

475 is considered light for many here, I know i know. But to have reached that level without drugs and for my height, It made my whole week.

Eyes are on repping out 500's!!

Overall PCT's going smooth... just the depression sucks,, but it could have to do the with The Clomid also, I dunno. As soon as I'm through this... I'll be drug free. And focus on strength!

VayneZ
08-27-2013, 04:14 PM
460 pounds. 5 sluggish reps. Tried to go lower on the final one, but felt my knee bad.......

I did NOT go low enough, so I label this as ''failure''. My knees really messed it up. Lower back felt good, everything felt in place, except the knees hindered me from going any lower... I guess next week I'll just go around 315's, depending on how my knees are feeling, and perhaps use a box to work on technique in the meantime... what do you guys advise????

VayneZ
08-27-2013, 04:25 PM
475 on deadz last Friday was nailed solidly. Video's to big to post so I took snapshots.

WesleyInman
08-27-2013, 07:37 PM
Take the shoes off on DL's and add another 5-10lbs immediately :)

Nice work man..looking good on all :)

VayneZ
08-27-2013, 07:42 PM
Take the shoes off on DL's and add another 5-10lbs immediately :)

Nice work man..looking good on all :)

Just trying to be like Sensei Wes! :cool: Still got a decade ahead of me to even come close to your level! But I'm def getting pretty influenced by powerlifting. Been watching way to many Powerlifting clips, and also focusing a lot on STRENGTH, even when it comes to light weight, I would focus on the control of the long and deep contraction.

Any Advise you would have to continue squatting once a week, and master the heavy weight Wes? I was planning on going a bit lighter and focus on reps for now, but, what would you suggest?

O_RYAN_007
08-27-2013, 08:24 PM
Is your goal Maximal strength? Also, In the picture oh you squatting, it looks like you knees are going over your toes. You need to focus on spreading the hips and flaring the knees out. This will def help your knee issue, and it may actually be the cause of you knee issues.

VayneZ
08-28-2013, 08:03 AM
Is your goal Maximal strength? Also, In the picture oh you squatting, it looks like you knees are going over your toes. You need to focus on spreading the hips and flaring the knees out. This will def help your knee issue, and it may actually be the cause of you knee issues.

THIS ^^ makes a LOT of sense! So I should try to, in a way of saying widen out the range between the knees more, but at the same time not ''sumo''-ish, just the knees more outward? (Just wanna know if I understood correctly).

And well, not 100% strength. But for now Strength is the main goal! Main focus!

O_RYAN_007
08-28-2013, 12:39 PM
THIS ^^ makes a LOT of sense! So I should try to, in a way of saying widen out the range between the knees more, but at the same time not ''sumo''-ish, just the knees more outward? (Just wanna know if I understood correctly).

And well, not 100% strength. But for now Strength is the main goal! Main focus!

Your knees need to be pointing outward. For you to achieve this, you need to spread your feet on the outside of you shoes, spread your knees, and flair your hips outward. Get you hips mobile, and do some TKE exercises to strengthen your knee stabilizer muscles.

VayneZ
08-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Thanks Ryan! I'll look into some TKE's as soon as I get home. I really appreciate this bro!

O_RYAN_007
08-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Thanks Ryan! I'll look into some TKE's as soon as I get home. I really appreciate this bro!

Anytime buddy!

WesleyInman
08-28-2013, 10:18 PM
Just trying to be like Sensei Wes! :cool: Still got a decade ahead of me to even come close to your level! But I'm def getting pretty influenced by powerlifting. Been watching way to many Powerlifting clips, and also focusing a lot on STRENGTH, even when it comes to light weight, I would focus on the control of the long and deep contraction.

Any Advise you would have to continue squatting once a week, and master the heavy weight Wes? I was planning on going a bit lighter and focus on reps for now, but, what would you suggest?

LOL! Thanx VayneZ. When I am trying to increase my strength I hit most bodyparts 2x per week for reps of 5-6, including squats. For squats, a good number is a 5x5. Find a weight you can BARELY do 5 times. Do 5 reps. If you are only getting 2-3, its too heavy. If you can get 6 ever, you are not training hard enough. Add weight EVERY SESSION. There is no excuse for not getting 5 reps of any weight. If you have to stand still on rep 4 for a few seconds, take a deep breathe, lower and hit it.

I do not overtrain. I warmup and hit a few super heavy sets, and I force myself to leave the gym. Many times I am not sore, nor do I have a pump.

I will tell you how I have approached strength for 20+ years. Every time I visit the gym, I try a heavier weight. I may warmup to the weight..but I always add 5lbs..so if I squatted 225 for 2 reps last week..this week I am going for 230 for 2 reps. If I fail..I catch my breathe for a few minutes..focust and sit there until I hit it. The following week, 235lbs for 2 reps.

I think the key is to move up little by little. Too many guys try to "rush" strength. Doesn't work like that. You are gonna have good days and you are gonna have bad days.

Most of the client I train say, "I can't do that" when I add weight....self defeating attitude. I have always had the opposite attitude. I am adding weight I have never done before and my ass is trying again, again, again, again and again, until I get it that day. I never look at the weight as the actual weight, you never judge a number. 200 this year might be the same difficulty as 400 next year. A number is a number. Don't get caught up on numbers. Get caught up on intensity and pushing your body past it's limit.

Likewise,I am always within range because I never go out of my range, I know my range because I am consistent...I never try to make ridiculous and unrealistic jumps at once..I may try to gain "1" rep or "5" lbs per week...that is realistic sometimes. If I am sick, or my diet is off, or I am sore I will not hit it. I always take rest days when my body tells me to. NEVER rush strength. If any muscle group you are using is sore that day, you wait. You want an optimal workout every time you train...that is the goal. I may only train 3x per week, but I am in there fucking it up. I am fully rested, strong, focused and on point. If I am ever at the gym, and into the workout, I am sore, my body is not responding or I am distracted..I pack my bag and leave..every time. Don't waste energy.

Alot of it is mental IMO. If you are at a certain weight, you can always add an additional 5lbs if you focus properly, channel your energy and make it happen.

I lift everyday with no partner and no spotter on purpose, only if I am going for a PR will I have a spot, which might be 1-2 lifts total for the entire week..if that, I will put safety bars in place when i go super heavy. I pretend the safety bars are not there...and if I don't get the lift, my ass is done and over with. You'd be surprised how far a little fear and aggression and mental focus can take you :)

Just keep pushing it, and you will get where you want to be :)

Ever think of training your entire body for reps of 6 and under and heavy?? Biceps, triceps, shoulders, legs, calves, etc..everything??

VayneZ
08-29-2013, 11:38 AM
You Wes, have inspired me beyond what you may imagine!

I'm def gonna try that, going a bit heavier each week. I'll variate a bit, weekly, focusing on more reps on certain weeks, and more supersets on others, and I'll have pure heavy week. I'll make sure whatever week I'm in, I finish the last set of each exercise HEAVY.

The only thing that concerns me right now is my knee cap cartlidge... Ryan I tried the TKE with the band, which you stretch your hams. Felt really good. How many times a week should I do this?

If only my knees would get better I would feel way more confident squatting. Right now I can NOT and dare not do lunges nor leg press, cause I feel it in the knees. So I gotta figure out a way for this to heal, while staying active. Would a chiropractor be a good idea? please advise!

And tomorrow I'm deadlifting. Last week I nailed 475. I was debating wether to go for 485 or 495 (5 plates on each side). But I'll take your advise Wes! And go for 485! If I nail it... then next time I'll go for the 5 plates!

Again, I'm stating my opinion and plans here for the reason to be corrected by you guys if needed! Whatever correction or advise is always appreciated by my SS crew! :)

O_RYAN_007
08-29-2013, 12:14 PM
This vid shows exactly how to do one variation on a TKE exercise.

STRONG Gym - Banded TKEs. - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlmUOQeDSZk)

Scope75
08-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Hip hinge....
Looks like you start your squat with your knees instead of hinging at your hips. Dropping your ass first will help/keep your knees from going over your toes.

VayneZ
08-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Nice video! That's exactly what I did today... except I kinda contracted it longer... about 10 seconds. How many days a week should I do this and for how many reps would you advise Ryan sir???

Scope, Nice to get advise from the deadlift and squat whore!!!! I'll keep that dropping the ass first in mind. my squats are deeper and way better in form when I go 405 or lower weight though... 460 pounds was WAY too much for my joints.... and perhaps even my overall strength.

Btw what's a good site to upload mp4's? Just got the video of the squats!! Wanna post it here so you guys could advise me better.

Oh and Wes, I KILLED arms today bro, thanks to your inspiring words! :)

O_RYAN_007
08-29-2013, 09:12 PM
I'd say 2-3 times a week.

VayneZ
08-30-2013, 11:05 AM
Thanks Ryan will do!

Today I will attempt 495 pounds in deadz, 10 plates of 45's, for one perfect rep. Last week when I nailed 475, I was only on coffee and 500mg of PLCAR.
Today I have the following options (haven't used any Nitric oxide for months btw).
- a serving of NITRAFLEX by GAT
- a sample I got from DJM of NoXiVol (ingredients seems to be pretty heavy dosed)
- 500mg of PLCAR
- coffee
- Axon

If anyone can give me the best choice, or combo, which is any of the above's for strength purposes before 4PM (3 hours from now), I will consider it. If I don't hear from anyone I think I'll do a combo of NoxiVol, coffee (for caffeine) and PLCAR. all 30 minutes before the deadz.

Let me know crew!

WesleyInman
08-30-2013, 11:24 AM
MY vote is the NitraFlex by Gat..30 minutes prior to session.

That stuff is GTG!! I used that product for years until Craze and Angel dust came out..i still think its excellent.

VayneZ
08-30-2013, 11:39 AM

That stuff is GTG!! I used that product for years until Craze and Angel dust came out..i still think its excellent.

NitraFlex = 1 !!!

Only the NF then, none of the others in combination with it?

BoneDaddy
08-30-2013, 12:00 PM

I've been eyeing Angel Dust hard......

I've tried the Noxivol, good stuff.

O_RYAN_007
08-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Smelling Salts is all you need!!!!

VayneZ
08-30-2013, 01:34 PM
Smelling Salts is all you need!!!!

Like Amonia?

Thanks Bone-D. NitraFleX = 1 , Noxivol = 1. Half an hour to go!! decisions decisions!!! :rolleyes:

milehighguy
08-30-2013, 01:43 PM
Does this noxivol include stims? Just curious...

VayneZ
08-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Does this noxivol include stims? Just curious...

I don't think so. I'm at work so I can't copy the ingredients over, but none of them stimulants according to my knowledge. Joint support and Nitric oxides mostly

milehighguy
08-30-2013, 02:31 PM
I don't think so. I'm at work so I can't copy the ingredients over, but none of them stimulants according to my knowledge. Joint support and Nitric oxides mostly

Thanks

VayneZ
08-30-2013, 06:22 PM
I just took the sample of NoxiVol and the sample of NitraFlex both...

And...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36U5opd6OAU

Thanks to you guys, I did what I never imagined I would do so soon. Thanks so much for the encouragements! I know conquered my goal... so... next up... trying to make it for 600!!!!! :mad:

VayneZ
09-20-2013, 05:41 PM
Failed on the 505 last week, this week (today), I repped out 2x on 455, and attempted 505 afterwards... lifted it up a bit, and then my grip failed and that was it!

Feels really messed up to fail twice in a row so next week I really have to nail this! Any tips on recovery? I know I can nail this!
Perhaps it's the fact that I started on Vanillean and thyrocaps again? Advise guys! I have a week to get my mind set and body rested for this!

burlyman30
09-21-2013, 07:55 AM
For one thing, repping a double @455 tired you out, so stay with singles above 3 plates until you work up to the 505. On the grip, are you using chalk or liquid chalk?

VayneZ
09-22-2013, 06:47 AM
Good idea Burly!!! def will do that next time.

And no we don't, I'm not sure if they sell them somewhere locally on the Island.... Any ideas where they might have? Hardware stores?

O_RYAN_007
09-22-2013, 07:19 AM
Good idea Burly!!! def will do that next time.

And no we don't, I'm not sure if they sell them somewhere locally on the Island.... Any ideas where they might have? Hardware stores?

Do you have a sport authority or Academy on the island? You can find it there. Give you body a couple weeks to rest before you attempt 505. You need to let your CNS recover from the Max Effort lifts.

Great job on 500!

VayneZ
09-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Do you have a sport authority or Academy on the island? You can find it there. Give you body a couple weeks to rest before you attempt 505. You need to let your CNS recover from the Max Effort lifts.

Great job on 500!

No we don't. I'll try asking around the gym though. We're very limited here.

Today I attempted 495, lifted it slightly above the floor, held it for about 5 seconds, couldn't go any higher and dropped it. Had to suffer the shame again of having the whole gym stare at me fail.

Ryan, so you say go a few weeks without perhaps going heavier than 405?

O_RYAN_007
09-27-2013, 03:45 PM
No we don't. I'll try asking around the gym though. We're very limited here.

Today I attempted 495, lifted it slightly above the floor, held it for about 5 seconds, couldn't go any higher and dropped it. Had to suffer the shame again of having the whole gym stare at me fail.

Ryan, so you say go a few weeks without perhaps going heavier than 405?

I do ME deads once every 3 weeks. You would benefit from taking it easy at maybe 65-70% for maybe sets of 4x6-8. I train in waves...

For example:

Wk1
ME Deads Monday
DE Bench Tuesday
RE Squats Thursday
Fri/SAT ME OHP & accessory work

Wk2
RE Deads Monday
ME Bench Tuesday
DE Squats Thursday
Fri/SAT RE OHP & accessory work

Wk3
DE Deads Monday
RE Bench Tuesday
ME Squats Thursday
Fri/SAT DE OHP & accessory work

Repeat for 3-4 of these, totaling 9-12wks. This is Brandon Lilly's Cube Method.

This Method of training helped my CNS heal much quicker than I was training before. I would be tired and sore, but I wsa surprised at how I could still push 110% the following week. At this point, my CNS is fried from the meet. I'm just lifting light to promote blood flow and recovery.

VayneZ
09-27-2013, 07:03 PM
What's DE, ME and RE? The wave idea looks solid.

I was talking to Rodja earlier, and he really made me think, in focusing on strengthening my posterior chains and trying to focus on my form in Deadz, repping out with lighter weight to do so. You guys really made me think about my CNS. I was about to just attempt it again next week heavy! Good thing I asked you guys for advise! I really appreciate this!!

I'll focus on a very different approach this coming week

xxiv
09-27-2013, 07:56 PM
What's DE, ME and RE?

de is dynamic effort, speed at a lower % of your 1rm for reps.
me is maximum effort, low reps aproaching your 1rm.
i don't know what re is.

O_RYAN_007
09-28-2013, 08:29 AM
de is dynamic effort, speed at a lower % of your 1rm for reps.
me is maximum effort, low reps aproaching your 1rm.
i don't know what re is.
Repetition effort. on ME days you can work up to 85% of your 1rm with sets of 4x2-3, DE use chains or bands + 60-65% of your 1rm for sets of 4x5, and RE is like 50-65% of your 1rm with sets of 4x8-12.

I'm going to read brandon lilly's 365 strong e book this weekend, so we'll see what will change.

VayneZ
09-28-2013, 07:30 PM
Brandon Lilly's cube Method looks really simple (the way you describe it) compared to Block Periodization. Although what I've read about it, makes so much more sense and already makes me want to start making changes in my work out routine.

Rodja referred me to the article: EFS Classic: A Practical Guide for Implementing Block Periodization for Powerlifting (http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/powerlifting-articles/a-practical-guide-for-implementing-block-periodization-for-powerlifting/)

Which finally made me understand the surface of this.

WesleyInman
09-29-2013, 12:23 PM
I forget if we discussed this, but do you do deficit deadlifts, rack pulls, and chain or band work??

VayneZ
09-29-2013, 02:24 PM
I forget if we discussed this, but do you do deficit deadlifts, rack pulls, and chain or band work??

Wes, unfortunately no. Can't do chain nor band work in my gym, but I'm def gonna start lightweight deficit deadz and some rack pulls this coming weak. I'll be deloading on everything, since my body's basically all beat up. Been reading a lot about Periodization, but still too complex to really create a schedule. I will be implementing something similar to the accumulation phase for these coming week though, and probably go a month without lifting too heavy so that my CNS might heal properly.

Why do you ask though?

LBC-83
09-30-2013, 06:35 AM
I may be alone here but IMO rack pulls are kind of worthless. How often do people fail at the top after successfully lifting from the ground?

O_RYAN_007
09-30-2013, 08:18 AM
I may be alone here but IMO rack pulls are kind of worthless. How often do people fail at the top after successfully lifting from the ground?

This guy did. I couldn't lock out my 3rd attempt at 512. I got it up to my knees, but I just couldn't lock it out. I've always been the person to say, if you get it off the ground you should def lock it out, but I just couldn't lock that lift out.

VayneZ
09-30-2013, 09:20 AM
I was also so sure I was gonna nail the 495's Friday. I lifted the weight of the ground, about knee area, held it for a good while, just could not make the pull.

I'll be focusing a lot on my CNS recovery and also Posterior Chain strenghtening throughout this coming month, before I even think of attempting anything higher than 70-75% of my 1rm. Not an easy transition, since I'm used to just go heavy. And also step by step adapting to a powerlifting routine would also not be simple, since I've been bodybuilding for quite some time. But, my mindset is for powerlifting now, so I'll be making changes.

burlyman30
09-30-2013, 09:27 AM

Really depends on an individual's biomechanics as to where weak parts of the movement might be. Also, going heavier on a partial lift has some application with CNS accommodation.

That being said, I've never done rack pulls because if I can get it to my knees, it'll go the rest of the way.

VayneZ
09-30-2013, 09:31 AM
Really depends on an individual's biomechanics as to where weak parts of the movement might be. Also, going heavier on a partial lift has some application with CNS accommodation.

That being said, I've never done rack pulls because if I can get it to my knees, it'll go the rest of the way.

Burly, you're saying going heavy on partial lifts would be ''better'' for CNS recovery?

burlyman30
09-30-2013, 10:55 AM
Burly, you're saying going heavy on partial lifts would be ''better'' for CNS recovery?

No... what I meant is that using more weight in a limited range of motion will get the CNS accustomed to the heavier weight when its time for the full range movement.

VayneZ
09-30-2013, 05:18 PM
makes sense Burly tnx!!

VayneZ
10-01-2013, 10:17 AM
So today I focused on Posterior Chains and leg work. Again, since I'm still trying to adapt to this new way of training, please let me know if I overdid something or missed something:

Warmed up with light leg extensions, 2 sets of 15 reps, nice and easy

Sumo squats
15 x 135
10 x 225
10 x 275

Smith Machine (on a mat on the floor) - Pushing all the way up ala leg raises (with great emphasis in the lower back and hams, not sure if there's a name for this movement)
15 x 70
10 x 140
10 x 140

SLDL
15 x 135 deficits (really slow)
15 x 135
15 x 135

GM
15 x bar
20 x bar
25 x bar

Seated Leg Curls
15 x 55
12 x 70
10 x 100
10 x 100

streteched post chains for awhile

Reverse crunch (back facing weights, and crunching down) supersetted with Pull Throughs
(could not see the weight, but did about 3 sets of the combo, nice and solid, not too heavy but still heavy, especially the last set)

So that was it, took me close to 90 minutes to get it all done, with a training partner that wanted to try it out also.

So, as I am trying to adapt, what did I overtrain or what should I have focused more on? Friday I will do Post Chains and leg work again, so please let me know what variations I could use, and if today was good or could've been better. My lower back Post chains are DAMN sore!!! But my lower back is not the SAME sore as when I failed the 500's on deadlifts....

VayneZ
10-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Still trying to transition from my bodybuilding ways toward powerlifting.

Bench day
Close Grip Incline Bench
warm up with bar
6 x 135
5 x 185
2 x 225
4 x 185

(haven't barbell benched since forever, so bear with me, it's my weakness... I'm used to dumbbells)

Dips
15 reps
Weights
8 x 45
5 x 70 x 2

Wide Grip Pulldowns
8 x 200
6 x 280
5 x 320
4 x 380

Chin-up w/ weights
8 x 25
5 x 35 x 3

That was it, done in 40 minutes, and walked 5 minutes on the treadmill afterwards.

O_RYAN_007
10-03-2013, 02:26 PM
If you really want to transition to PLing, I'd say you need to start out by separating your squats and deadlifts on different days. Also, I think your reps range is too high, even for a rep day (which incorporates the most reps out of all the 3) I rarely exceed 8-10 reps, 12 if I'm feeling like I want to puke. Today we will be training squats with our new PLing coach, RE day, and I already feel like I'm going to puke. We're doing the Boss Cube method, then he incorporates his own training scheme with us after the 3 movements. I almost puked 3 times when we did ME Deads on Monday! We're finishing our entire training session in 60-70 mins.

VayneZ
10-03-2013, 02:34 PM
If you really want to transition to PLing, I'd say you need to start out by separating your squats and deadlifts on different days. Also, I think your reps range is too high, even for a rep day (which incorporates the most reps out of all the 3) I rarely exceed 8-10 reps, 12 if I'm feeling like I want to puke. Today we will be training squats with our new PLing coach, RE day, and I already feel like I'm going to puke. We're doing the Boss Cube method, then he incorporates his own training scheme with us after the 3 movements. I almost puked 3 times when we did ME Deads on Monday! We're finishing our entire training session in 60-70 mins.

Dude, post this workout when you get back from it. And provide as much detail as possible! If you can videotape anything that would also be awesome. In my area NOBODY does powerlifting, and I've been bodybuilding for a decade, so I'm really digging for as much info as I can to see how I can adapt.

Sorrow
10-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Have you checked powerliftingwatch to see if there's a meet anywhere near you? Thats usually a really good way to find fellow powerlifters, is at a meet.

Happy to see you're still plowing through and testing your metal against the iron my man! Good work!

VayneZ
10-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Glad to see you're here as well Sorrow! On this Island (Aruba), there's no powerlifting gyms nor any powerlifters that I know of. And def no powerlifting competitions. Bodybuilding and crossfit are famous here. So I have to learn everything from reading articles online and watching videos.

VayneZ
10-03-2013, 06:05 PM

a box of Marshmellow pebbles, a scoop of combat protein, 1/2 cup of cake mix, and almond milk to make it ''puffy'', in the oven, and there's my lame cake.

Inspired by Scope's waffles. Not as good of a chef, but, I got my carbs down! :cool:

Sorrow
10-03-2013, 07:11 PM
Oh my bad I was thinking you were on the big island.. Sounds like you my brother need to show everyone the path of power!!
I'm almost always lurking about. Keeping an eye on everybody's progress

Scope75
10-03-2013, 07:15 PM
That's pretty fucking creative!!!

VayneZ
10-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Oh my bad I was thinking you were on the big island.. Sounds like you my brother need to show everyone the path of power!!
I'm almost always lurking about. Keeping an eye on everybody's progress

You're big support for the SS crew bro! And yeah, I guess I would be the only one who trains for strength

That's pretty fucking creative!!!

I try to imitate the master chef himself :cool: , coming from him, that's a valuable compliment