PDA

View Full Version : Chalk anyone?

Dcabedo
03-20-2013, 01:06 AM
My palms tend to get pretty sweaty when going for heavier lifts and that usually means my grip goes to shit and I end up having a crappy set. Anybody have the secret for curing sweaty palms or should I just stick with chalk? never used chalk before by the way...

weekend
03-20-2013, 01:26 AM
I use chalk on rows bench deads cleans curls and overhead presses... My gym has buckets of chalk everywhere haha

I find it absolutely crucial for deads and bench. I am so much stronger on those with a firm grip. It's like a slightest slipperiness makes my muscles less activated

Dcabedo
03-20-2013, 01:43 AM
Yeah thats what im saying man! I find myself stopping in the middle of a deadlift set to wipe my palms dry and it kinda irritates me. My gym unfortunately does not allow chalk because its "too messy". I'm just gonna sneak a bag of chalk in and see how it works out.

weekend
03-20-2013, 02:13 AM
Yeah thats what im saying man! I find myself stopping in the middle of a deadlift set to wipe my palms dry and it kinda irritates me. My gym unfortunately does not allow chalk because its "too messy". I'm just gonna sneak a bag of chalk in and see how it works out.

haha that blows man. try liquid chalk, my friend says it works pretty well. no mess, roll on.

Dcabedo
03-20-2013, 02:33 AM
I completely forgot about that! Rob from so-cal nutrition gave me a bottle a while back and I loved it! I ended up using it up a little too quickly though...haha

Rodja
03-20-2013, 06:44 AM
You could use a Rosin bag instead.

SoCal-Nutrition
03-20-2013, 12:06 PM
I've used rosin bags in some of the sports I've played...works pretty well.

Daniel, have some more liquid chalk, happy to hook you up with one...just send me a reminder to bring some to the gym

Dcabedo
03-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Daniel, have some more liquid chalk, happy to hook you up with one...just send me a reminder to bring some to the gym

Thanks Rob! I'll let you know how this goes before I ask for another!

But Yeah I actually picked up a bag yesterday. Just waiting for thursday to come around so I can try it out for deadlifts!

Dcabedo
03-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Just got b****** at for using the chalk today, looks like i'm picking up another bottle of liquid chalk! orr I could just keep sneaking around and still use the powder...haha

SoCal-Nutrition
03-21-2013, 08:56 PM
ginger bust your chops?

Dcabedo
03-21-2013, 09:01 PM
ginger bust your chops?

hahah yeah...I just ignored him and got 405 for 3...boutta try 455 next week!

O_RYAN_007
03-21-2013, 09:21 PM
I just take a tupperware with chalk with me to the gym... YOu could also just put it in a small protein can or a supplement bottle. I had no idea about liquid chalk. I use chalk for every lift, LOL. But my hands are dry as hell now, but oh well!

Eden
03-22-2013, 11:25 AM
Chalk it super awesome, and very cheap. I like straps, I don't know why just feels more tough to me, but the chalk really really does increase that raw feeling of having the bar in your hands.

JM1000
03-27-2013, 07:48 PM
Wish we were allowed to use chalk where I lift.....

O_RYAN_007
03-27-2013, 08:42 PM
Wish we were allowed to use chalk where I lift.....

Fuckem, just tell them its Blow! I'm sure you'll have a couple bitches giving the ole nob some attention before they figure what it really is! Oh shit, we're talking about the gym, not the strip club... Well... The gym I go to has a couple strippers that workout there! It's hard to stay focused sometimes!

JM1000
03-28-2013, 03:35 PM
I wish i could lol, people in commercial gyms are such pussies it kills me