PDA

View Full Version : Everybodys on steroids!?

Dcabedo
03-20-2013, 06:11 PM
It seems that most of the threads I read on here have people talking about cycling prohormones and designer steroids. I'm not trying to b**** or anything it's just that it has me curious. Keep in mind I am still young so I don't really know much about steroids yet. I want to know how everybodys first experience with prohormones was and I guess if it was easy or hard for you to make the decision to start using...Im thinking of cycling something in the future and would like some input!

h2s
03-20-2013, 06:38 PM
It seems that most of the threads I read on here have people talking about cycling prohormones and designer steroids. I'm not trying to b**** or anything it's just that it has me curious. Keep in mind I am still young so I don't really know much about steroids yet. I want to know how everybodys first experience with prohormones was and I guess if it was easy or hard for you to make the decision to start using...Im thinking of cycling something in the future and would like some input!
My number one recommendation: Research, Research and Research. In the mean time, find out what works for your body. I thought I knew everything I could with my first run, Now I laugh at just how little I knew then. Everyone starts early these days, but preparation will lead to success.

Dcabedo
03-20-2013, 07:48 PM
thanks h2s! I'm still debating whether I should keep my gains natural or if I want to do a little experimenting.

Rodja
03-20-2013, 08:07 PM
For you, eat 5000 calories a day, use a proven PL template (Westside, 5/3/1, Cube Method), and wait 2-3 more years.

SoCal-Nutrition
03-20-2013, 08:35 PM
For you, eat 5000 calories a day, use a proven PL template (Westside, 5/3/1, Cube Method), and wait 2-3 more years.

^^^ this

you still have tons of room to progress naturally.

DJM
03-20-2013, 08:40 PM
what food? who does that?
1g test per week dbol kicker man, get huge, no time to waste!!!

op just do what rodja said, all the aas in the world is useless until you eat and train with an understanding of your body, if not every cycle will be like a balloon blowing up then deflating

Rulk
03-20-2013, 09:44 PM
Maximise your natural status with optimal rest. Forego drinking and staying out late. It's a sacrifice, but it helps to build that foundation your trying to create. Eat well and lift smart.

Dcabedo
03-20-2013, 09:54 PM
I still have a TON to learn about proper dieting, I don't think i'll be able to cut white rice out of my diet though. It is just impossible for me to even go a couple days without it! haha. And as for training, I know there's always room for improvement. For now i'm gonna stay natural for as long as i can then MAYBE start cycling a steroid...I appreciate everyones advice!!!

Jiigzz
03-20-2013, 10:23 PM
I still have a TON to learn about proper dieting, I don't think i'll be able to cut white rice out of my diet though. It is just impossible for me to even go a couple days without it! haha. And as for training, I know there's always room for improvement. For now i'm gonna stay natural for as long as i can then MAYBE start cycling a steroid...I appreciate everyones advice!!!

Who said you had to cut it? haha. Eat heaps and workout harder

weekend
03-20-2013, 10:41 PM
What are your stats/age?

One thing I realized is I looked at all the forums a ton and decided to cycle because everyone seemed to be doing it. It's not like
There are people on bodybuilding forums saying "steroids are really bad no one should do them!!"

longBallLima
03-20-2013, 10:47 PM
I like your approach of questioning before jumping in :-) like hts, i didn'tknow shit before my first ph run

burlyman30
03-20-2013, 11:33 PM
I think this is my cue...

Food is the most anabolic substance known to man. Learn how to use it to accomplish your goals first.

I put my first 60 lbs of muscle on naturally in 5 years with hard training and massive eating, and I am what you would consider a hard gainer type, with the ectomorphic frame. Keep in mind, I only missed 3 training sessions in that same timeframe and the intensity was something from a Dorian Yates DVD (only he wasn't around yet).

I competed and won both PLing and BBing contests with this strategy, prior to using any AAS (PHs didn't exist back then). There is a lot your body CAN do if given the right training, food, and discipline. Give it some time to see what you can create out of your own efforts. You may be surprised.

Dcabedo
03-21-2013, 01:04 AM

Sounds like a pretty good idea. Normally I wouldn't even think about taking steroids but curiosity is getting the best of me...

What are your stats/age?

I'm 20 years old standing at 6 ft tall and weighing in at 218lbs. Still deciding whether I should be a big boy and walk around at 230 lbs or if I should shred down a bit.

Dcabedo
03-21-2013, 01:08 AM
I think this is my cue...

Food is the most anabolic substance known to man. Learn how to use it to accomplish your goals first.

I put my first 60 lbs of muscle on naturally in 5 years with hard training and massive eating, and I am what you would consider a hard gainer type, with the ectomorphic frame. Keep in mind, I only missed 3 training sessions in that same timeframe and the intensity was something from a Dorian Yates DVD (only he wasn't around yet).

I competed and won both PLing and BBing contests with this strategy, prior to using any AAS (PHs didn't exist back then). There is a lot your body CAN do if given the right training, food, and discipline. Give it some time to see what you can create out of your own efforts. You may be surprised.

Exactly what I needed to hear....Thank you very much.

weekend
03-21-2013, 02:09 AM
Get to 240, then hold it for a few months then cut for next summer and see what you can achieve naturally!

longBallLima
03-21-2013, 02:24 AM
Shit,I'd hold another 4/5 years before hormones.eat and train

Fat Bill Dwyer
03-21-2013, 05:05 AM
If you're young just go crazy with clean food. The hardest thing in the world is maintaining a high caloric clean diet, and it takes months to learn, and years to perfect. The older I get the more I am convinced that the real difference between the big guys and the little guys is how well they manage their intake of food.

Jelisej
03-21-2013, 10:40 AM

I dont think that you really need to cut out white rice out of diet, unless you have some issue with it.
For some reasons white rice has been branded as really bad, which is not true, especially I found strange when people say it only brown rice, which is not that much different from white. A lot depends from cooking/boiling.
As for phs/steroids leave it on a side for now, and later think about it. Lot of people are using aas too frequent, so remeber- dont trust anything you hear, and only fraction of what you see.
And to be honest, you're quite a big boy already, so you should not worry about size too much- if you feel small better work on your confidence (IMO).

longBallLima
03-21-2013, 10:41 AM
I dont think that you really need to cut out white rice out of diet, unless you have some issue with it.
For some reasons white rice has been branded as really bad, which is not true, especially I found strange when people say it only brown rice, which is not that much different from white. A lot depends from cooking/boiling.
As for phs/steroids leave it on a side for now, and later think about it. Lot of people are using aas too frequent, so remeber- dont trust anything you hear, and only fraction of what you see.

i too consume white rice with lust. really don't get much of the brown rice hype

DJM
03-21-2013, 10:43 AM
x2
tastes better

Freepressright
03-21-2013, 11:07 AM
I hafta disagree, fellas. I don't dislike white rice, but give me brown and wild rice any day over plain white. More texture and better flavor, IMHO.

burlyman30
03-21-2013, 12:08 PM
I remember Mr. Porter saying he ate jasmine rice. I was always partial to japanese sticky rice myself, but the glycemic index rating is horrible. Eating mainly primal, I don't cook any rice these days.

longBallLima
03-21-2013, 12:39 PM
I remember Mr. Porter saying he ate jasmine rice. I was always partial to japanese sticky rice myself, but the glycemic index rating is horrible. Eating mainly primal, I don't cook any rice these days.

actually, jasmine's been the rice of choice lately. its whatever i can get for a somewhat decent price at sams

DJM
03-21-2013, 12:40 PM
jasmine or basmatti here

longBallLima
03-21-2013, 12:44 PM
jasmine or basmatti here

yup, that or white. can we be rice brothers??

brown takes longer to cook the way i like it and eating so much pre-cooked shit, it's nice to get some fresh rice every now and then

Dcabedo
03-21-2013, 12:47 PM
Gotta go with Jasmine rice! Been eating it all my life...And I shouldnt have said that I need to cut out white rice...more like cut back a bit on it...I eat a ton of rice thats why...i gotta have it with every meal i eat or it seems like my meal is missing something..

DJM
03-21-2013, 12:47 PM
right on the brown
i make a bog pot of white and just go at it most meals till its empty n i start over

mexican red rice too
but brown meh
fpr is rigjt tho bout wild rice, just not cost effective for me day to day when im feeding 220 here

DJM
03-21-2013, 12:48 PM
Gotta go with Jasmine rice! Been eating it all my life...And I shouldnt have said that I need to cut out white rice...more like cut back a bit on it...I eat a ton of rice thats why...i gotta have it with every meal i eat or it seems like my meal is missing something..

my mother in law is like that with corn tortillas

Dcabedo
03-21-2013, 01:22 PM
ohhh man wht you know about red rice!? haha have you ever had Chamorro red rice? I swear if you fly to Guam and experience the food you will never want to eat anything else!